Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:59 pm 

homestar55 wrote:
CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:
damik wrote:
Oh man, "interactive menus" is a pretty embarrassing excuse for a feature when it's on the back of a low-budget movie DVD, and technically, homestarrunner.com itself has interactive menus...

Yet the "menus" bit there is something they make fun of. Some of the DVDs themselves also make fun of interactive menus.
like in everything else vol. 1?

:sb: phew, it was hard holding that pose for so long.
:hr: oh no here it comes again

(pose and freeze)

Yeah, they kinda make fun of that. It looks like they're also breaking the obligatory fourth wall, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:43 pm 

damik wrote:
I see NO reason for renting them. The main advantage of the DVDs is that you are able to watch Homestar whenever you want to, regardless of whether you have an internet connection or whether homestarrunner.com has been blown off the face of the web. If you rent them, you only get them for the amount of time you've rented them, during which you'll probably have web access and we can probably safely assume the website's not going anywhere any time soon.

Well, I'm thinking of renting them first. That way, if I like them (and I probably will), I will then make the decision to buy them. Rent first and try it out and then buy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:49 pm 

But you know what's on there already :\
As you said yourself, "we have at least two-thirds of the stuff already online"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:51 pm 

damik wrote:
But you know what's on there already :\
As you said yourself, "we have at least two-thirds of the stuff already online"...

I know that, but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the bonus, the commentaries and even the menus. What's more, I've already gotten the EE #1 DVD, which has only whetted my appetite for more.

Post subject: Re: What's with the DVDs, anyway?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:31 am 

Well, I finally decided to add "Homestar EE 2" to our list of films in the "Queue" list on Netflix (after "Hairspray" which should be coming soon). But I only get to have this DVD for a certain amount of time; namely, as long as it's the only DVD. When my parents will want the next DVD on the list, I'll have to send my DVD back in order for it to come and I won't have it anymore. What should I do?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:45 am 

You should buy it; the Homestar Runner DVDs are really good to have around in case of an internet outage/road trip/apocalypse, and they're relatively cheap. Plus, you get a few bonus features that are surprisingly cool, along with the hours of audio commentary available on each one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:54 am 

DS_Kid wrote:
You should buy it; the Homestar Runner DVDs are really good to have around in case of an internet outage/road trip/apocalypse, and they're relatively cheap. Plus, you get a few bonus features that are surprisingly cool, along with the hours of audio commentary available on each one.

Yes, I've been through that several times. But do you need to be a member of the site or have special privileges or something? And there's one thing you're failing to mention: namely, shipping costs. Sure, the DVDs themselves cost $12.00 each (I already got the EE #1 DVD, which is only whetting my appetite for more), but according to the store site, the shipping costs $5.95 (that's first class mail). So the individual DVD price plus the shipping cost equals about $18.00 with tax.

Now, to get the DVD through FedEx Ground Delivery costs $6.50 for shipping, adding to a total of $18.50.

And that's only for the money issues. I live in Northern California; how long would it take for it to come to my house?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:58 am 

Shipping time varies, but if these things are coming out of Georgia, then probably an upwards of four business days (the website should specify the relative delivery times). From what I remember when buying stuff a year or so ago, you do not need an account to buy things (you can just enter in the debit/credit card information, shipping address, etc.).

Even though you have already purchased Everything Else Volume 1, you may want to go with the bundle option just for the free set of Cheat Commandos figurines (then you could sell the other DVD of Everything Else 1 if you wanted to :P). Remember that when you buy more things online from a specific retailer, the cost of shipping will go down with the amount of stuff you buy. So unless the Homestar Runner store's policies are different, you wouldn't have to pay the full shipping cost for each item.

Of course, you may want to wait for your rental of the other DVD to arrive first, as that'll be a good make-or-break point for any purchases.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:09 am 

DS_Kid wrote:
Shipping time varies, but if these things are coming out of Georgia, then probably an upwards of four business days (the website should specify the relative delivery times). From what I remember when buying stuff a year or so ago, you do not need an account to buy things (you can just enter in the debit/credit card information, shipping address, etc.).

Even though you have already purchased Everything Else Volume 1, you may want to go with the bundle option just for the free set of Cheat Commandos figurines (then you could sell the other DVD of Everything Else 1 if you wanted to :P). Remember that when you buy more things online from a specific retailer, the cost of shipping will go down with the amount of stuff you buy. So unless the Homestar Runner store's policies are different, you wouldn't have to pay the full shipping cost for each item.

Of course, you may want to wait for your rental of the other DVD to arrive first, as that'll be a good make-or-break point for any purchases.

Okay, but actually, I myself did not get the EE 1 DVD from the Store myself, someone gave it to me for Christmas. And as for the extra copy EE 1 DVD (were I to take your advice), who could I load it off to? The only one who really know about this are A) my sister (who really dislikes my idea of getting the DVDs, as I mentioned several times on this thread before) and B) my dad, whom I might get to help buy the DVDs (he, too, might frown upon me getting the extra EE 1 DVD, though). 'Course, when I move out on my own, maybe I can leave the one DVD back home.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:26 pm 

In my opinion: GET THEM! GET'EM LIKE CRAZY!

I know how you feel I had never done online buisnessing either before I bought some H*R merch. But I just told my ma and pa that it was a trustworthy website Id been visiting for years and I'd like support their cause by purchasing their junk! Although because I live in NZ it took 4 grueling weeks for it to arrive, but it was worth it! and if it comes to this promise to pay them back

Not to mention how awesome would it be to see regular sized Homestar on a TV? Not to mention Bonuseses like WHY COME ONLY ONE GIRL, that ruled. And Matt/Mike Commentary, easter Eggs, quirky FBI warnings, Fun packaging (lame reason but thats a reason I want it!)

Plus, Matt and Mike can't keep making these toons forever you know! Sure it wont be for many many many years (with any luck) but that day will come when they simply can't make more and will have to (dare I say it?) shut down the site down!!!! At which time the store and the site we know and love will dissapear, and you will need those DVDs man!

and the most important reason of all: You will be sending much needed money to The Brothers Chaps, because without our patronage the site would still have kitkorp in the name and bunch of ads swarming all over the place! So please if you do it not for yourself, then do it for the rest of H*R fans who want to watch Homestar without a banner claiming "we're the 100th visitor, click to claim prize"

Phew thats a lot of typing, know I know strong bad feels

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:56 pm 

fuzzyslippers wrote:
Plus, Matt and Mike can't keep making these toons forever you know! Sure it wont be for many many many years (with any luck) but that day will come when they simply can't make more and will have to (dare I say it?) shut down the site down!!!! At which time the store and the site we know and love will dissapear, and you will need those DVDs man!

and the most important reason of all: You will be sending much needed money to The Brothers Chaps, because without our patronage the site would still have kitkorp in the name and bunch of ads swarming all over the place! So please if you do it not for yourself, then do it for the rest of H*R fans who want to watch Homestar without a banner claiming "we're the 100th visitor, click to claim prize"

Phew thats a lot of typing, know I know strong bad feels

Whoa! I can't imagine what would happen to the site! I sure hope it doesn't go under before next Christmas!

Plus, I just rented EE 2 from Netflix and am definitely gonna get my hands on it. My father kept insisting that I should only get it for a b-day present, even though my b-day is not for several months away.

I decided to compromise with him by asking him if we can buy the EE 3 DVD.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2