Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Everything Else, Vol. 4 DVD
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:04 am 

I know it's very early yet, but I would love to get it off my chest: I would like to just see what the contents of the Everything Else, Vol. 4 DVD would be, and more importantly, how they will be arranged. If Vol. 3 was any indication, here's how I think the contents will be arranged so far (based on the post-Quality Time, non-email stuff they've done so far):

Shorts
--Rap Song

Holidays
--Marshie vs. Little Girl
--Jibblies 2
--Fan Costumes '07
--Toikey TV
--Happy Dethemberween

Bonus
--Limozeen vs. Sloshy

Easter egg
--Jibblies 2 teaser (on the Holidays menu)

So based on the list so far, they will have a puppet toon and a PBTC toon. And also a cameo by the Cheat Commandos (appearing in Toikey TV). Also based on the list, the Holiday offerings are pretty well complete (Vol. 3 had only four toons, while this has five).

Now, for the big question: what should the theme be for the DVDs? Let's see, the past themes have been:
Fancy portraits (Vol. 1)
Felt material (Vol. 2)
Old video games (Vol. 3)

I'm open to discussion here. Maybe one theme could be a very 1960s, psychedelic theme. The menu could feature Homestar and Strong Bad as hippies.

Or they could do one that pays homage to/makes fun of Saturday morning cartoons from the 1970s, '80s and '90s. On the main menu, if you wait too long, they could have a "We'll be right back after these messages" card (not unlike the one in the "THE FACTS" Easter egg, even have Homestar sing the same Pac Man-style ditty) and then have a quick Fluffy Puff Marshmallows ad before returning to the main menu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:55 pm 

For the FBI warning, I would like to see :sad: aply his catchphrase to people who post internet cartoons on YouTube. Something like, "Each day you copy the toons the site dies a little more". Yes, I do know it's too long and completely irrelevant to your theme.

Post subject: Re: Everything Else, Vol. 4 DVD
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:45 am 

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:
Bonus
--Limozeen vs. Sloshy

Actually, scratch that; "Limozeen vs. Sloshy" would be put under "Other Features", not "Bonus". That should be reserved only for stuff not seen on the website.

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
For the FBI warning, I would like to see :sad: aply his catchphrase to people who post internet cartoons on YouTube. Something like, "Each day you copy the toons the site dies a little more". Yes, I do know it's too long and completely irrelevant to your theme.

Oh, no, I LOVE that one. That's a good one. I don't think many of the FBI warning dialogue is really too relevant to the theme of the DVDs (save for EEs 1 and 2). The EE Vol. 2 intro with Coach Z doesn't really have a theme with the felt theme. Maybe Strong Sad could read the actual text and then say his above line.

One question, though: most of the FBI warnings' background have constantly shifting colors while Volume Five of the SBemail DVD's FBI background is only blue. My question is, should it be any one color or constantly shifting like always?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:00 pm 

Continuing with the theme for Saturday morning cartoons, I was thinking also of having it all look like it is being broadcast on Strong Badia's Action Cool 5.

If you wait too long to make a decision of where to go on the main menu, the screen fades out and after a "We'll be right back after these messages" bumper (identical to the one on Email 114: THE FACTS, complete with Homestar singing the Pac-Man-style jingle), it will show one of four "commercials" at random before returning to the main menu through a "We now return" bumper.

Anyway, here are the four commercials I'm thinking of.

--Fluffy Puff Marshmallows (with Marshie, of course, and a cameo by the Sad Kids)
--Crazy-Go-Nuts University
--Videlectrix series
--Trailer for some movie (I don't know which one, though, but it should not be the Peasant's Quest movie)

What do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:46 am 

Should "Marshie vs. Little Girl" be placed in the Holidays section or in the Other Features section?

Some of the bonuses featured in the DVD could include: 1) a music video of Coach Z's classic, "These peoples try to fade me", not found on either DVD or website (only on the Strong Bad Sings CD), and 2) something that I call: "Here's How We Choose 'em", a bonus feature all about how the Brothers Chaps choose Halloween costumes for the characters in the annual Halloween toons and why.

"Here's How We Choose 'em" would be the first bonus feature on the Everything Else set since Volume 1 (neither Volumes 2 nor 3 have any live action bonuses with TBC).

What do you think?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:31 am 

You know how the EE Vol 3 DVD sections parody different old video games? In case you don't know, here's the link; just read it: http://www.hrwiki.org/index.php/Everything_Else%2C_Volume_3#Section_Menus; the "Holidays" section parodies "Dig Dug", the "Other Features" section parodies both "Pong" and "Warlords" and the "Bonus" section parodies "Defender".

Well, since I think the Vol 4 DVD should parody old Saturday Morning shows from the 1960s through the 1990s, here's what I think could go where thus far:

--The "Holidays" menu would feature the high school versions of Homestar characters as seen in "The Homestar Runner Mysfit-steries", which parodies "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?"
--The "Other Features" menu would be modeled after "H.R. Pufnstuf" and be called "H.R. Hurricanesnstuf" (inspired by SBEmail 166: UNNATURAL) and feature the puppet version of Homestar in the title role.

Each section would feature a quick theme ditty before the menu shows up. And all of this would be depicted as if seen on Strong Badia's Action Cool 5.

Well, "The Homestar Runner Mysfit-steries" and "H.R. Hurricanesnstuf" are the only two shows I can think of for menu sections. Can anyone else think of anything? Seriously, I would like an opinion here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:26 am 

In case you people are lost, here's the link to my DVD page as new toons get out there: http://fanstuff.hrwiki.org/index.php/Everything_Else%2C_Volume_4.

Now, can you provide me with some help, hmm?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:49 am 

"The Homestar Runner Mysfit-steries" and "H.R. Hurricanesnstuf" are the only two shows I can think of for menu sections. Can anyone else think of anything?

*Cheat Commandos
*Limozeen in Space
*Saturday Morning Collect shows from the web comics email
*Dartmouth
*The Homestar and Dourexgard Show
I can't think of specific sections for these shows though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:33 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
*Cheat Commandos
*Limozeen in Space
*Saturday Morning Collect shows from the web comics email
*Dartmouth
*The Homestar and Dourexgard Show
I can't think of specific sections for these shows though.

Well, Cheat Commandos should be a weekday show (like G.I. Joe or Transformers), as mentioned in email 156: THEME SONG (you know, like a syndicated show). But Cheat Commandos does sound like a good show to add there, though. Saturday Morning Collect sounds like a good one. And how about something called, "The Babies of Free Country U.S.A."? That would be the estimated title for that clip showing the middle-school/baby versions of the H*R characters (as seen in email 140: HIGHSCHOOL).

As for the specific locations, don't worry; I think they kinda picked and chose randomly for the menus of EE Vol. 3.

Last edited by CaptainPastHisPrime on Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:40 am 

The bonus menu could be a parody of Cartoon Network's Toonami block by showing the inside of a CGI spaceship that plays Stinkoman clips on all its monitors.

Maybe the case could be like that TV Guide parody magazine from the Toons menu, with the Toons list modeled after a program grid, and the back could resemble a TV Guide's Table of Contents.

Another Easter Egg could be outtakes from :hr: vs. Other Little Girl and Marshie vs. Little Girl. And maybe a new Puppet Stuff toon starring Matt and Jackie's baby.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:11 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
The bonus menu could be a parody of Cartoon Network's Toonami block by showing the inside of a CGI spaceship that plays Stinkoman clips on all its monitors.

Maybe the case could be like that TV Guide parody magazine from the Toons menu, with the Toons list modeled after a program grid, and the back could resemble a TV Guide's Table of Contents.

Another Easter Egg could be outtakes from :hr: vs. Other Little Girl and Marshie vs. Little Girl. And maybe a new Puppet Stuff toon starring Matt and Jackie's baby.

I was actually going for a theme about Saturday morning TV shows (no offense) from the 1960s to the 1990s. I think that simply doing TV cartoon shows is too broad a subject to have a theme for. It would be a parody of a certain time period, like EE 3, which was themed to really old video games. The program guide is a good idea, but for the back, I was thinking of something along the lines of a poster advertising for any TV station's advertising for its respective Saturday morning lineup (all three of the big three networks did this). I was specifically thinking of having it look a-like-a-dis-a:

(In case you don't know, that's the poster for NBC's Sat. morning lineup in 1980/81.)

Or this:

(That's the poster for ABC's Sat. morning in 1980/81.)

Or how about this:

(This is the poster for CBS' Sat. morning in 1985/86.)

As for the Puppet Stuff toon involving Matt and Jackie's baby, that would be great, only Matt and Jackie's baby a boy or a girl? I never did find that out. If it was a boy, maybe the toon could be Homestar vs. Little Boy. Or better yet: Strong Bad vs. Little Boy.

You know, now that I think of it, I think "Limozeen In Space", "Saturday Mornideo Games" and "The Babies of Free Country" will be the three remaining sections to fill up the remaining sections on the DVD.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:43 am 

As for the Puppet Stuff toon involving Matt and Jackie's baby, that would be great, only Matt and Jackie's baby a boy or a girl? I never did find that out. If it was a boy, maybe the toon could be Homestar vs. Little Boy. Or better yet: Strong Bad vs. Little Boy.

I just found out that Matt and Jackie's baby is a girl (got the info here: http://forum.hrwiki.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13394). So what I was thinking was that maybe they could do a Puppet Stuff toon with their new baby and call it Homestar vs. Other Very, Very Little Girl. It would be an Easter egg found on the Other Features section. How's that?

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
Another Easter Egg could be outtakes from :hr: vs. Other Little Girl and Marshie vs. Little Girl.

Yeah, that's a good idea, too!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 am 

So now, here's the updated list, according to the article at Homestar Runner Fanstuff Wiki:

Shorts
--Limozeen vs. Sloshy

Holidays
--Jibblies 2
--Fan Costumes '07
--Toikey TV
--Happy Dethemberween
--Trogday 08

Other Features
--Rap Song

Bonus
--Here's How We Choose 'em
--These Peoples Try To Fade Me

Easter eggs
--Homestar vs. Other Very, Very Little Girl (on the Other Features menu)
--Puppets and Little Girls Outtakes 2 (on the Other Features menu)

Seriously, what do you think so far?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:05 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
"Each day you copy the toons the site dies a little more".

Yeah thats a good idea. I think for the new dvd if its gonna happen there would need to be cartoons on there. Well thats my opinion.

Last edited by Rumo on Wed May 21, 2008 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:37 pm 

Rumo wrote:
Bad Bad Guy wrote:
"Each day you copy the toons the site dies a little more".

Yeah thats a good idea. I think for the new dvd if its gonna happen there would need to be cratoons on there. Well thats my opinion.

Actually, Strong Sad's line is a bit different. What happens in the FBI warning scene is that Strong Sad walks up to the warning and looks it over quickly and then says: "In layman's terms, each day something is copied from an original source, the original source dies a little more."

What do you think of that?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:15 pm 

You know how on the main menu if you let it sit there long enough, something will happen (i.e., on the EE 2 DVD the felt Homestar will try to "eat" the menu options)? Well, on this DVD, I was thinking of having that something be one of four random commercials, which starts by having the main menu fade out and after a commercial bumper similar, but not identical, to the Easter egg in THE FACTS.

My question is, what four commercials do you think they should be? I know one of them should be a Fluffy Puff Commercial with Marshie (and maybe the Sad Kids), but what should the others be?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:58 am 

Do you think the store-only toon Non-Sequitur Champ, involving Senor Cardgage as the loser of the non-sequitur championship, would be a good bonus feature? Or an Easter egg?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:30 pm 

My question is, what four commercials do you think they should be?

Do Lewis Rudkin SX: england and another Jibblies movie make rediculous enough commercials?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:57 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
My question is, what four commercials do you think they should be?

Do Lewis Rudkin SX: england and another Jibblies movie make rediculous enough commercials?

I guess, but I want Videlectrix to be another commercial; maybe we could include the Rudkin game into it.

As for the Jibblies movie trailer, I don't know.

I would also like some help in trying to do a script for the Fluffy Puff commercial, though. Can someone give me a hand here?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:49 pm 

I would also like some help in trying to do a script for the Fluffy Puff commercial, though.

Make the product Fluffy Puff Casserole, since we haven't seen it yet, and the commercial a parody of Betty Crocker.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:57 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
I would also like some help in trying to do a script for the Fluffy Puff commercial, though.

Make the product Fluffy Puff Casserole, since we haven't seen it yet, and the commercial a parody of Betty Crocker.

Okay, but Marshie would still have to be the emcee, unless we created a casserole with Marshie's face and a piece of casserole cut off, like Gel-arshie. Maybe Casserole-arshie or something.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:01 am 

Sorry I meant to post on Vol. 3

Last edited by Bubsfan on Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:01 am 

Did you this DVD is not real? The newest Everything Else DVD was Volume 3.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:34 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
Did you this DVD is not real? The newest Everything Else DVD was Volume 3.

Oh, crap sorry I'll delete that post :blush:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:33 am 

Here is an updated list of the content thus far (you can find it on this site here:
http://fanstuff.hrwiki.org/index.php/Everything_Else%2C_Volume_4):

Shorts
Limozeen vs. Sloshy
Blubb-O's Commercial
Limozeen Live!

Holidays
Jibblies 2
Fan Costumes '07
Toikey TV
Happy Dethemberween
Trogday 08
Sloshybowl
Sickly Sam's Big Outing

Other Features
Marshie vs. Little Girl
Rap Song
Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 15.2

Bonus
Here's How We Choose 'em
These Peoples Try To Fade Me

Easter Eggs
Non-Sequitur Champ (on the Shorts menu)
Jibblies 2 Teaser (on the Holidays menu)
Homestar vs. Other Very, Very Little Girl (on the Other Features menu)
Puppets, Little Girls and Outtakes (on the Other Features menu)

My question is, which of the stuff should have commentaries and which should not? I'm going to try and figure out how to make the contents of the DVD different than on the website and one of the things I need to know is which ones should have the commentaries and, more importantly, which should not. Can you help me?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:12 pm 

Don't forget to correct at least 1 of the titles. The title card of 1 of the Easter Eggs clearly reads, "Non-Sequitur Champion".

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:49 pm 

Do you think the ads for "Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People" should be included, as maybe one of the things in the Shorts menu or something? I think they should.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:24 pm 

I know it's very early yet, but I would love to get it off my chest: I would like to just see what the contents of the Everything Else, Vol. 4 DVD would be, and more importantly, how they will be arranged. If Vol. 3 was any indication, here's how I think the contents will be arranged so far (based on the post-Quality Time, non-email stuff they've done so far):

Shorts
--Rap Song

Holidays
--Jibblies 2
--Fan Costumes '07
--Toikey TV
--Happy Dethemberween

Bonus
--Limozeen vs. Sloshy

Easter egg

So based on the list so far, they will have a puppet toon and a PBTC toon. And also a cameo by the Cheat Commandos (appearing in Toikey TV). Also based on the list, the Holiday offerings are pretty well complete (Vol. 3 had only four toons, while this has five).

Now, for the big question: what should the theme be for the DVDs? Let's see, the past themes have been:
Fancy portraits (Vol. 1)
Felt material (Vol. 2)
Old video games (Vol. 3)

I'm open to discussion here. Maybe one theme could be a very 1960s, psychedelic theme. The menu could feature Homestar and Strong Bad as hippies.

Or they could do one that pays homage to/makes fun of Saturday morning cartoons from the 1970s, '80s and '90s. On the main menu, if you wait too long, they could have a "We'll be right back after these messages" card (not unlike the one in the "THE FACTS" Easter egg, even have Homestar sing the same Pac Man-style ditty) and then have a quick Fluffy Puff Marshmallows ad before returning to the main menu.

The Fluffy Puff thing would go like this:
Marshie: It's Marshie again! Back with "WHY DON'T YOU PICK SOMETHING ALREADY MARSHMELLOWS!?!"
Annoucer: That's right, AND there Nibbles approved!
Nibbles: That's right. There approved by me!
Marshie: Shut up, you little peice of crap! THERE ME APPROVED!!! IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!!!!
Annoucer: Marshie, calm down. But yes, THEY ARE Nibbles approved.
Marshie: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...I'M GONNA-
End.

"Pucker up Diceman, I'm as upholstered as I wanna be!"

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:05 pm 

For the videletrix:

ANNOUNCER: Here at anonymus ga-

DUDE: It's videletrix

ANNOUNCER: Shuddup. Anyway, we have games with kinda good graphics! New games may include: A pixel one! You play a british guy!

{Cut to screenshot}

LWIS: {In distorted voice} I dont wanna be in a screenshot. Go away. {Static goes on. Back to menu}

Hows that? :homsar:

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:20 pm 

Smartie wrote:
For the videletrix:

ANNOUNCER: Here at anonymus ga-

DUDE: It's videletrix

ANNOUNCER: Shuddup. Anyway, we have games with kinda good graphics! New games may include: A pixel one! You play a british guy!

{Cut to screenshot}

LWIS: {In distorted voice} I dont wanna be in a screenshot. Go away. {Static goes on. Back to menu}

Hows that? :homsar:

Yeah, that sounds good, just as long as we also include the two Videlectrix programmers and a brief overview of some of their games, including unplayable ones (such as Rabbit Algebra and Lewis Rudkin SX: England).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next