Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: strongbad_email.exe Disc Six DVD
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:48 pm 

I think it will soon be time for another SBEmail disc. Does anyone think that the contents of this one will be only 30 emails or 40 emails, covering the 200th email?

Also, what will the double-sided cover be like? Who will be on the one side and on the other?

Post subject: Re: strongbad_email.exe Disc Six DVD
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:11 pm 

I'm sure that all of the e-mails up to 200 will be included in Disc Six, even if it does require a slight sacrifice in bonus content. Then, they'll include the Disc Four - Six bundle, and everyone will be happy.

The only Strongbad variation that I can think of off the top of my head would be Powered by the Cheat Strongbad, though I don't think he has appeared in any e-mails during this DVD's time frame.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:52 pm 

DS_Kid wrote:
I'm sure that all of the e-mails up to 200 will be included in Disc Six, even if it does require a slight sacrifice in bonus content. Then, they'll include the Disc Four - Six bundle, and everyone will be happy.

Well, I think it would make more sense to take all six of the DVDs and pack them all together.

Quote:
The only Strongbad variation that I can think of off the top of my head would be Powered by the Cheat Strongbad, though I don't think he has appeared in any e-mails during this DVD's time frame.

I think he has appeared in "strong badathlon" (see the scene with him holding laser guns for hands). The only other option I can see is maybe the kid version of himself, who has shown up from time to time.

Anyway, here's what I know will be in the DVD for sure, as of late:

Emails
161. 4 Branches
162. The Chair
163. What I Want
164. Looking Old
165. Strong Badathlon
166. Unnatural
167. The Movies
168. Your Funeral
169. From Work
170. Rough Copy
171. Underlings
172. More Armies
173. The Paper
174. Mini-Golf
175. Concert
176. Hygiene
177. Original
178. Bike Thief
179. Pizza Joint
180. Slumber Party
181. Web Comics
182. Business Trip
183. Yes, Wrestling
184. Diorama
185. Nightlife
186. Environment
187. Winter Pool

And here's what I think they should do with the bonuses:
--An unreleased email
--A second montage of scroll button songs (from "S to the C-R-O-double L..." to whatever the current scroll button song is at the time of the 200th email)
--Sbemail 169 Deleted Scene

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:53 pm 

Maybe the cover might show Strong Bad in other costumes, like Gene in Hygiene, and perhaps any of the alter egos in Yes, Wrestling, like Il Cartographer. We still have 13 more emails to go until the Bros. Chaps can put it all together.

I'm also sure that the small bit of bonus content will include 40 More Seconds (161st second from email 161, 162nd second from email 162, 163rd second from email 163 and so on, all the way up to email 200), and the Email intros up to 200.

We might as well have to wait until July for the release, so we should keep our patience, 'specially you, Cap. PHP.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:10 pm 

Charlie Jr. wrote:
We might as well have to wait until July for the release, so we should keep our patience, 'specially you, Cap. PHP.

I'm not being impatient, I'm just trying to contemplate for the future, you know what I mean? This is a forum, isn't it? We should be able to talk about this stuff. I think it's fun to talk about the future. That's why I've also created a thread about a fourth volume of "Everything Else". You can take a look at that section if you wish: http://forum.hrwiki.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13171.

And yes, I know it's still a bit early yet to tell when it's coming out or what's gonna be out, but I just had to get it off my chest.

Also, I have a feeling that the intro to the DVD will be similar to Disc Four by having Strong Bad replace something with something else (in that case, it was replacing the Compy with the Lappy). On this disc, I bet it will be Strong Bad replacing the old printer that provides "the paper" with the new inkjet printer that provides "the new paper". The menu options will appear as usual and Strong Bad will criticize the new paper like he did early on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:02 am 

Bonus features I would like to see include the unaired pilot from theme song and a documentary about why TBC started making podcasts and why they stopped for 9 months. Anything would be an improvement over Disc 5's "2 toons that were already on the website, 1 email that already appeared online at the Georgia Tech conference, and 2 clip shows."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:25 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
Bonus features I would like to see include the unaired pilot from theme song and a documentary about why TBC started making podcasts and why they stopped for 9 months. Anything would be an improvement over Disc 5's "2 toons that were already on the website, 1 email that already appeared online at the Georgia Tech conference, and 2 clip shows."

And since this upcoming disc would contain email #169, it's only natural to include that email's deleted scene seen also on the website.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:53 pm 

Are you going to make a Fanstuff page for this DVD as well?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:22 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
Are you going to make a Fanstuff page for this DVD as well?

Well, maybe, if I can figure out what would be good for the two covers (that depict Strong Bad's head in two ways).

EDIT: Working on it: http://fanstuff.hrwiki.org/index.php/strongbad_email.exe_Disc_Six. Go take a look. And tell me what two covers would be good for the cover.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:36 pm 

Considering Sterrance appeared on a Sbemail case before his 2nd email, I think we can go with Zombie Strong Bad for the front and Gene on the back bragging about the commentaries. If you still plan to include a karaoke version of "We Don't Really Care About You," I think :hr: would be a good choice for the vocalist since he once called some sloshy fans lame.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:57 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
Considering Sterrance appeared on a Sbemail case before his 2nd email, I think we can go with Zombie Strong Bad for the front and Gene on the back bragging about the commentaries. If you still plan to include a karaoke version of "We Don't Really Care About You," I think :hr: would be a good choice for the vocalist since he once called some sloshy fans lame.

What about Il Cartographer in place of Zombie Strong Bad? Just my two cents, mind you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:23 pm 

Yeah, I think it will round itself up to 200, although I am unsure if they would make a Sbemail discs 4-6 package...maybe 1-6, but I don't think 1-3 and 4-6.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:21 am 

Stevezor wrote:
Yeah, I think it will round itself up to 200, although I am unsure if they would make a Sbemail discs 4-6 package...maybe 1-6, but I don't think 1-3 and 4-6.

I agree; I think it would make more sense to simply merge all six together in one big package instead of just two packs of three.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:27 am 

Aren't you going to update the bonus features? I don't even see an unreleased email on the list. Will it be hypnosis or pilot?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:30 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
Aren't you going to update the bonus features? I don't even see an unreleased email on the list. Will it be hypnosis or pilot?

Well, I'm having a hard time picking and choosing the bonuses. Maybe my "hypnosis" email could be an unreleased email, like you suggested.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:43 pm 

I hope this doesn't come out too soon, because I just placed an order which included all the current strongbad_email.exe DVDs. Well, if it does come out soon, I hope it doesn't get merged with another set which offers a big freebie with it... I'll be peed.
Ah well!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:35 pm 

Psychonauts wrote:
I hope this doesn't come out too soon, because I just placed an order which included all the current strongbad_email.exe DVDs. Well, if it does come out soon, I hope it doesn't get merged with another set which offers a big freebie with it... I'll be peed.
Ah well!

I doubt the sixth set will be released until after the 200th email, which probably won't happen for a while. And if it does get merged with the other sets, it will probably just have the same freebies as before. So I think you're safe for now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:02 pm 

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:
Psychonauts wrote:
Ah well!

I doubt the sixth set will be released until after the 200th email, which probably won't happen for a while. And if it does get merged with the other sets, it will probably just have the same freebies as before. So I think you're safe for now.

*nods* I suppose so. I meant the freebie on the 5 Discs for Five-O (SB sings) which I ordered this afternoon, and I wouldn't get some cool 3-in-1/6-in-1 packaging.
However, I suppose if I got the 6th DVD by itself, I'd get the Mini Freebie (coaster), which sounds really cool.
This post is basically just a trail of thoughts... haha.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:37 pm 

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:
Also, I have a feeling that the intro to the DVD will be similar to Disc Four by having Strong Bad replace something with something else (in that case, it was replacing the Compy with the Lappy). On this disc, I bet it will be Strong Bad replacing the old printer that provides "the paper" with the new inkjet printer that provides "the new paper". The menu options will appear as usual and Strong Bad will criticize the new paper like he did early on.

I can even imagine the way the New Paper would look when it displays the menu, and Strong Bad might be like:
:sb: "I appreciate your timing, New Paper, but uh...I'm not sure about the way your digits look."
'Cause, you know, the font it uses is OCR A Extended, and its numbers are like something you'd see below the bar code of a product or something.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:03 pm 

Would you like to add your rock opera sequel to this DVD? Maybe you could call it, "Sbemail! Act Two!"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:58 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
Would you like to add your rock opera sequel to this DVD? Maybe you could call it, "Sbemail! Act Two!"

Well, it's got several bonuses as it is and the running times would probably become a bit unwieldy, so I'll think about it.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:50 pm 

In case you're trying to do more of the bonus email, here's a little more of what might come up right after Strong Mad says, "TAKE THAT BALL TO THE TOP OF THE KEY, REG!":

{Strong Bad rises up behind Strong Mad}
STRONG BAD: Peek-a-boo.
STRONG MAD: Dah?
{Strong Bad takes out the gold coin, holds it in front of Strong Mad and spins it gently. Strong Mad stares at it, wide-eyed}
STRONG BAD: {mysterious voice} You are under my control...
STRONG MAD: {entranced} I am under your control...
STRONG BAD: You are about to go into the kitchen to prepare hot soup for me and The Cheat...
{Short pause}
VOICE ON RADIO: Reg does the ball-top-key routine again and...he slamdunks it! {Crowd cheers are heard}
STRONG MAD: I'LL DO IT! {Strong Bad smiles}
{Cut back to the Lappy}
STRONG BAD: {typing} I tell you, hypnosis makes me feel like a king because without it, I'd be incapable of ordering my minions to get me steamed corn or get Homestar steamed corneas.

That's all I can give for now. I suppose the rest is up to you.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:07 am 

Thanks. I've gotten that all in there, plus a bit more.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:51 pm 

I added the Rated commentary ideas. Cover art: Gene and...um...Athlete...Strong Bad from Strong Badathlon. :stinko:

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:17 am 

Smartie wrote:
I added the Rated commentary ideas. Cover art: Gene and...um...Athlete...Strong Bad from Strong Badathlon. :stinko:

My cover art idea is Teen SB (who originated in Email 140, but thus far is not seen on the DVD) and Il Cartographer from Email 183.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:03 am 

What about Strong Bad in the office, if that hasn't already been used...

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:44 am 

Aussieguy wrote:
What about Strong Bad in the office, if that hasn't already been used...

I don't know.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:51 pm 

Are you keeping the YouTube code in shapeshifter? (If you aren't aware, you can click on the floppy disk at the end and get part of the URL for Strong Bad Gameways)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:07 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
Are you keeping the YouTube code in shapeshifter? (If you aren't aware, you can click on the floppy disk at the end and get part of the URL for Strong Bad Gameways)

Sure, I guess it could be accessed as a normal Easter egg, which means the URL code would have to be disabled, which it will.

EDIT: Consider it done.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:47 am 

So when you click the floppy disk, the video itself appears instead of its URL?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next