Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Homestar Runner Complete Series DVD
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:06 am 

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:
Bad Bad Guy wrote:
So if Pom Pom sold the DNA evidence to Senor Cardgage, how did Strong Sad get it back? And we should probably mention which person on YouTube made the scene, to be fair.

Well, remember that Strong Bad said that no one would ever know, and then Strong Sad confirmed that.
I don't see the relevance. They said no one would ever know if Strong Sad was part elephant.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:31 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
Bad Bad Guy wrote:
So if Pom Pom sold the DNA evidence to Senor Cardgage, how did Strong Sad get it back? And we should probably mention which person on YouTube made the scene, to be fair.

Well, remember that Strong Bad said that no one would ever know, and then Strong Sad confirmed that.
I don't see the relevance. They said no one would ever know if Strong Sad was part elephant.

Oh, I see. Well, what do you think of my idea for the new 20X6 vs. 1936 toon? Any ideas on how to continue on from there?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:11 pm 

And a few more things: the old Marshmallow's Last Stand toon's lag problem (which has been apparent in both the website and more so on the DVD) will now be 100% corrected. You can also use the audio button to hear (during the part with Homestar and Strong Bad staring each other) either the music from "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly", like on the website, or the custom music made by Mike and Matt, like on the actual DVD.

I have a idea:4 diffrent audio options through out the whole toon.First has no audio problems,second has website problems,
third has Dvd version problems and the fourth is the commentary.Maybe the commentery should start later to give time to switch the audio to it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:07 pm 

Mariofan1000 wrote:

And a few more things: the old Marshmallow's Last Stand toon's lag problem (which has been apparent in both the website and more so on the DVD) will now be 100% corrected. You can also use the audio button to hear (during the part with Homestar and Strong Bad staring each other) either the music from "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly", like on the website, or the custom music made by Mike and Matt, like on the actual DVD.

I have a idea:4 diffrent audio options through out the whole toon.First has no audio problems,second has website problems,
third has Dvd version problems and the fourth is the commentary.Maybe the commentery should start later to give time to switch the audio to it.

Actually, I was hoping to eliminate the lag altogether.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:47 pm 

But instead of a trailer for "The Homestar Runner Enters the Strongest Man in the World Contest", how about ending with a random toon from the respective "year" it came out?

It doesn't matter anymore since I canned "Harmless Junk Through the Years", but those trailers were supposed to parodize the fact each chapter of "Disney Through the Decades" ends with a Snow White trailer, just because her movie is the DVD's main feature and "the one that started it all".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:46 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
But instead of a trailer for "The Homestar Runner Enters the Strongest Man in the World Contest", how about ending with a random toon from the respective "year" it came out?

It doesn't matter anymore since I canned "Harmless Junk Through the Years", but those trailers were supposed to parodize the fact each chapter of "Disney Through the Decades" ends with a Snow White trailer, just because her movie is the DVD's main feature and "the one that started it all".

You already mentioned the removal, which I think is a good idea, considering an actual documentary on the website's history to be added. But now, what about my new 20X6 vs. 1936 toon? What do you think of that? And also can you help me with ideas on how to update it? In case you forgot about it, here is what I have so far:

The toon is entitled, "20X6 vs. 1936, Too". In the toon, Old-Timey Strong Bad and 1-Up meet, and the latter proves to the former that he is not a kid.

The toon opens on a message that reads, "In 2003, we created a little gem called '20X6 vs. 1936', in which Old-Timey Homestar encounters Stinkoman on his home turf on Planet K. While all that was happening, something else was happening more than 65 years earlier." Then we are shown an Old-Timey opening title card, with Old-Timey Strong Bad's head in the background, while in the foreground, it reads: "SIR STRONG BAD IN HIS OWN CRA-TOON", followed by: "20X6 (shown in the futuristic font) vs. 1936, Too! Presented in grand old sound-o-vision (c) 1936". All the while, Old-Timey Strong Bad's theme from "Parsnips A-Plenty" is played. Then the cartoon begins, showing Old-Timey Strong Bad walking along through the Factory/Circus District.
OLD-TIMEY STRONG BAD: Ah, what a beautiful day for making all manner of mayhem and cutting all manner of capers.
(Suddenly, he bumps into 1-Up (the 20X6 Homestar), all colorized and without the Old-Timey scratch lines obscuring him. In fact, the lines actually appear behind him.)
OLD-TIMEY STRONG BAD: Waaaaahhh! (he "says" his scream) What manner of uncivilized, Technicolor, Japanimated, alien life-form are you?!
1-UP: I'm 1-Up! Everyone says I'm just a kid, but I wanna be the guy!
OLD-TIMEY STRONG BAD: Well, you're looking at the wrong guy!
1-UP: So, what name do you go by?
OLD-TIMEY STRONG BAD: My moniker?! I'll tell you what my moniker is! I am Sir Strong Bad Cunnington Plottington Schemesworth! (musical sting) The seventh! (another musical sting) Or Strong Bad for short! (yet another musical sting) Since spelling out such an extensive name on the telegramophone would give a gentle-man like me such a cramp in the wrist! (one last musical sting)
1-UP: Yeah, you're probably right. I am looking at the wrong guy.
OLD-TIMEY STRONG BAD: Then who, I ask, is this "guy" you speak of, anyway?
1-UP: He goes by the name of Stinkoman. That's the name of talented fighter if ever there was one.

...and that's as far as I got. So, what did you think and can you help me on how to update it?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:51 pm 

Trust me, if I had any ideas, I would have said them by now. :-(

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:42 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
Trust me, if I had any ideas, I would have said them by now. :-(

Well, do you at least like what's there thus far?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:19 pm 

It's hard for me to say since I've gotten over fan fiction.

Would it be an overload if "Experimental Film" had a commentary by Mike Chapman, Matt Chapman, John Linnell, and John Flansburgh in addition to the two by Strong Sad and The Cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:02 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
It's hard for me to say since I've gotten over fan fiction.

Well, all right, that'll be put on hold for a while.

Quote:
Would it be an overload if "Experimental Film" had a commentary by Mike Chapman, Matt Chapman, John Linnell, and John Flansburgh in addition to the two by Strong Sad and The Cheat?

Yes, unfortunately, I think it would be, unless we removed one of the two commentaries.

Anyway, I think we should talk about the "movies". They won't be full-length movies, but they will be longer than usual (say, about ten minutes or so). I'm thinking of having three movies: the actual Peasant's Quest movie (based on the trailer), that Strong Badman movie (thought of in a DVD-only email) and one movie all about the Cheat Commandos. Which one do you want to talk about first?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:23 am 

The Cheat Commandos movie is the one we know the least about, so maybe we should start with that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:33 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
The Cheat Commandos movie is the one we know the least about, so maybe we should start with that.

Well, the closest thing that I can come up with for a plot is one where the Commandos try to stop Blue Laser from making the world blue like them (a la "Yellow Submarine"'s Blue Meanies). They find out that they have a secret past.

And we'd have to make the "movie" done in a DVD style (like the early big toons and SBEmail #169's deleted scene), with commentaries, storyboards, deleted scenes and a theatrical trailer (complete with the green rating screen that parodies the actual green screen made by the MPAA).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:06 am 

Maybe the commentary could involve A. Chimendez trying to make some artsy talk about the symbolism behind the seemingly fluffy Commandos movie, but some of the stuff he says would be clearly irrelevant and unlikely. (fending off interrupters has been done before for the Experimental Film commentary, so Crack Stuntman shouldn't be in this)

Regarding the Strong Badman movie, maybe they could steal some jokes from the Joel Schumacher Batman movies. (I'd suggest the 1960s Batman movie as well, but that already seems like a safe bet)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:10 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
Maybe the commentary could involve A. Chimendez trying to make some artsy talk about the symbolism behind the seemingly fluffy Commandos movie, but some of the stuff he says would be clearly irrelevant and unlikely. (fending off interrupters has been done before for the Experimental Film commentary, so Crack Stuntman shouldn't be in this)

Maybe we could just have the regular Homestar characters provide the commentary, especially Strong Bad.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:26 pm 

What was wrong with my idea? I thought the purpose of a minor character-themed Homestar movie was to give minor characters a chance to shine.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:43 pm 

About the documentary, would it be like where they'll say something like "It took us a week to do one minute of Homestar Runner". Then :hr: would say (from unnatural) "Oh My Crap"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:18 pm 

No, it's a biographical look at the Brothers Chaps.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:38 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:

I meant that Homestar would say something like a response to what Mike, Matt, Missy or whoever.

MATT: I Grew Up Playing the Intellivision a lot.

:hr:: Yeah Yeah, Intelivision

And at some point they have to get to Post-Book Era (1997-1999)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:42 pm 

Maybe he could narrate and introduce each new chapter of TBC's lives.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:33 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
What was wrong with my idea? I thought the purpose of a minor character-themed Homestar movie was to give minor characters a chance to shine.

Well, like you said, some of A. Chimendez's dialog would be irrelevant. And you said also that Crack Stuntman shouldn't be mentioned either. So I don't know what else to think, except for just major Homestar characters.

meaty85203 wrote:
Bad Bad Guy wrote:

I meant that Homestar would say something like a response to what Mike, Matt, Missy or whoever.

MATT: I Grew Up Playing the Intellivision a lot.

:hr:: Yeah Yeah, Intelivision

And at some point they have to get to Post-Book Era (1997-1999)

Bad Bad Guy wrote:

I think maybe Homestar should be accompanied by Strong Bad at several points during the show, mainly to criticize, as per SB's style.

And we should have not just Matt, Mike and Missy featured, but also maybe Jackie Chapman. I'd like to hear how she sounds in reality.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:48 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:

Well, like you said, some of A. Chimendez's dialog would be irrelevant. And you said also that Crack Stuntman shouldn't be mentioned either. So I don't know what else to think, except for just major Homestar characters.

Well, I wasn't insulting my own idea when I said A. Chimendez would say irrelevant things. I think I was doing the exact opposite. I just thought it would be funny if he said something as simple as a random explosion would mean something that is clearly not a major theme of the movie, like the plight of the immigrants.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:00 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
Well, I wasn't insulting my own idea when I said A. Chimendez would say irrelevant things. I think I was doing the exact opposite. I just thought it would be funny if he said something as simple as a random explosion would mean something that is clearly not a major theme of the movie, like the plight of the immigrants.

Oh, sorry. In that case, it'd be perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:53 pm 

Mariofan1000 wrote:

Some people might like the old version for history prefrence.Or the DVD version if they are to cheap to buy Everything else,volume 2.

And the fixed version will be the default one,anyway.

Also maybe Where the crap are we? and The Sam & Max alternate ending could be in it as easter eggs.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:58 pm 

Mariofan1000 wrote:

Some people might like the old version for history prefrence.Or the DVD version if they are to cheap to buy Everything else,volume 2.

And the fixed version will be the default one,anyway.

Also maybe Where the crap are we? and The Sam & Max alternate ending could be in it as easter eggs.[/quote]

Well, we could have the lag version you want as an alternate angle option (like where you push the angle button on your DVD remote). And "Where the Crap Are We?" is already featured as an Easter egg (specifically, on the Shorts menu of Everything Else Vol. 1).

As for "Sam and Max", I'll have to get back to you on that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:03 pm 

Well, we could have the lag version you want as an alternate angle option (like where you push the angle button on your DVD remote).

Wouldn't the audio button be more appropriate?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:06 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
Well, we could have the lag version you want as an alternate angle option (like where you push the angle button on your DVD remote).

Wouldn't the audio button be more appropriate?

I guess so.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:00 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:

Well... When :hr: (aka Dumplo (see http://www.hrwiki.com/8-Bit_Is_Enough_Respondes)) the line was from stupid stuff (an email)
Not waht I was thinking, in a lot of Biograpies/Documentaries for movie stars, there are clips from a movie they're in. In this case, Mike and Matt (and more creators of H*R) would have clips as responses to Homestar Runner.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:20 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
While we're on the subject of changing discs, what toons would you like to see new commentaries for? I would like to hear about:
  • caffeine
  • Where's The Cheat?
  • A Holiday Greeting
  • The versions of "The House That Gave Sucky Treats" and "Halloween Potion-ma-jig" where the DVD makes choices automatically

Also:
  • Meet Marshie
  • Mr. Shmallow
  • Strong Bad is a Bad Guy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:26 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
Bad Bad Guy wrote:
While we're on the subject of changing discs, what toons would you like to see new commentaries for? I would like to hear about:
  • caffeine
  • Where's The Cheat?
  • A Holiday Greeting
  • The versions of "The House That Gave Sucky Treats" and "Halloween Potion-ma-jig" where the DVD makes choices automatically

Also:
  • Meet Marshie
  • Mr. Shmallow

In fact, almost everything that did not get audio commentaries the first time around (toons, emails, miscellaneous, even bonuses), save for maybe Marzipan's Answering Machine bits, SB's fan costume commentaries and pretty much anything that has any one screen display for an extended length of time. Some ones that I would especially like to see are:

• All Puppet Stuff toons
  • The whole Puppet Jam series
  • Teen Girl Squad Issue 1
  • The Cheatar
  • Cool Things
  • Email #33: GIMMICKS
  • Email #50: 50 EMAILS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:39 pm 

I thought we should have 16 discs (yes its a lot)

Sbemail Discs 1-6
Disc with 2000 toons or earlier
Disc with 2001 toons
Disc with 2002 toons
Disc with 2003 toons
Disc with 2004 toons
Disc with 2005 toons
Disc with 2006 toons
Disc with 2007 toons
Disc with 2008 toons
Bonus Disc with 2009 toons so far, A finished version of tis true, pom pom, tis true, etc.

It would cost about $50-60 and each disc would have a different theme

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next