Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 923 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
 Post subject: Re: Pokemon - if it's pokemon, talk about it.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:59 pm 

Acekirby wrote:
Any legendary past Gen 1 except Rayquaza, Lugia, and Ho-Oh is lame

Replace Raquaza with Darkrai and you got yourself a deal.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:24 pm 

...What about Entei? C'mon, you can't hate Entei. And I kind of like Jirachi, it's cute-looking.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:25 pm 

I really only think the suck ones started showing up generation III.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:01 pm 

Gen 3 had... Two trios (Regis, "box-art trio"),
A duo (Latios and Latias)
Two "unobtainables" (Jirachi and Deoxys)

I can see why people would say the Regi trio were "lame", but I don't mind 'em. They're based off of golems of rock, ice and steel, and they play that part nicely. They're fine with me. Well, except for Regigigas, but he's not part of the trio.

I think they went overboard with legendaries in Gen 4. Does anyone think that Heatran is a bit unneccesary? Even though he's kinda cool-looking... They needed something compelling enough for going through that mountain, I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:07 pm 

DumDeDum wrote:
Gen 3 had... Two trios (Regis, "box-art trio"),
A duo (Latios and Latias)
Two "unobtainables" (Jirachi and Deoxys)

I can see why people would say the Regi trio were "lame", but I don't mind 'em. They're based off of golems of rock, ice and steel, and they play that part nicely. They're fine with me. Well, except for Regigigas, but he's not part of the trio.

I think they went overboard with legendaries in Gen 4. Does anyone think that Heatran is a bit unneccesary? Even though he's kinda cool-looking... They needed something compelling enough for going through that mountain, I guess.

I was once told that if you killed Heatran, two Mews, a blue one and a normal, non-shiny, would fly across the screen, and you could catch the one you wanted. They also said Heatran would come back. 6th graders and their crazy lies :rolleyes: .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:09 pm 

Wait, people still make up stuff like that?

I thought they'd all stopped after the Vermillion City Truck stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:07 am 

DumDeDum wrote:
Wait, people still make up stuff like that?

I thought they'd all stopped after the Vermillion City Truck stuff.

Not at all. They still keep on going.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:15 am 

Susan wrote:
Acekirby wrote:
Any legendary past Gen 1 except Rayquaza, Lugia, and Ho-Oh is lame

Replace Raquaza with Darkrai and you got yourself a deal.

Oops, forgot Darkrai. K, deal, I like that dude.

DumDeDum wrote:
...What about Entei? C'mon, you can't hate Entei.

I didn't like any of the dog trio. It was like they tried to copy the bird trio but made it less cool.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:39 pm 

Location: They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
on the subject of the anime:

How could that idiot ash POSSIBLY lose at this point? that pikachu has to at least be level 255 by now. also, why doesn't team rocket just shoot him and end his miserable excuse of a life already?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:41 pm 

I disregard the anime completely because it pays no attention to type differences and is completely unbelievable as far as battlan goes. I don't care what level Pikachu is at, he should not be able to beat a champion's Dragonite.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:42 pm 

Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
BUT IF HE SITS ON HIS HEAD AND USES THUNDER IT WORKS.

No, no, Ace is right.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:46 pm 

Location: They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
Acekirby wrote:
I disregard the anime completely because it pays no attention to type differences and is completely unbelievable as far as battlan goes. I don't care what level Pikachu is at, he should not be able to beat a champion's Dragonite.

Exactly, i just had to bring up the biggest F-ing plothole. if i had a level 255 pokemon like...*shudder* *horrible sinking feeling usually reserved for furries and 4chan* Ash-hole, i'd use it to take over the fricking world. johto would be the official seat of power and where evrryone i like lives, kanto would be where everyone i don't mind lives, hoenn would be where the slaves are and bill cosby would have sinnoh as his rape pit. i forgot to mention, everyone i hate would be left to die of memes/get raped to death in sinnoh.

not to mention i would personally hunt down and stomp every mudkip in the world to ensure a painful death...or at least crippling spinal damage.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:53 pm 

wat

Actually what I was talking about was how like his Pikachu can use Thunder on Golems even though they're ground Pokemon and should not be affected.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:12 pm 

poopskin wrote:
Acekirby wrote:

Exactly, i just had to bring up the biggest F-ing plothole. if i had a level 255 pokemon like...*shudder* *horrible sinking feeling usually reserved for furries and 4chan* Ash-hole, i'd use it to take over the fricking world. johto would be the official seat of power and where evrryone i like lives, kanto would be where everyone i don't mind lives, hoenn would be where the slaves are and bill cosby would have sinnoh as his rape pit. i forgot to mention, everyone i hate would be left to die of memes/get raped to death in sinnoh.

not to mention i would personally hunt down and stomp every mudkip in the world to ensure a painful death...or at least crippling spinal damage.

you shut your mouth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:13 pm 

but I'm just talking bout ___

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:43 pm 

extremejon09 wrote:
you shut your mouth

*doesn't*

oh, and one time in PMD i died one move before i would have gotten to the stairs. my first thought: "WE ALL SAW THAT COMING!"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:58 pm 

Acekirby wrote:
That Dragonite knows I think around ten attacks. He must have had to sacrifice major stat points to get it like that. :P Also, Dragonite was weakened already by Ash's other Pokémon. Pikachu didn't do it alone.
poopskin wrote:
Acekirby wrote:

Except Pikachu magically gets weaker when Ash not winning easily or even losing is important to the plot! And also the incredibly useful power Pokémon have in the episode that features them goes away when they become just another one of Ash's Pokémon.
Acekirby wrote:
wat

Actually what I was talking about was how like his Pikachu can use Thunder on Golems even though they're ground Pokemon and should not be affected.
And when it doesn't affect things, like that one Pokémon League examiner's Graveler, they say it's because they're Rock types, not because they're Ground types.

In the recent anime they follow the rules more, what with the type matchups and the four move limit, but if it makes battles more predictable and Brock (being stripped of any personality not relating to breeding and/or girls, of course) has to narrate what every move's details are when they happen, I'd rather have the old not-make-senseness of Pikachu KO'ing a Rhydon with electricity only to find a Magmar is immune in the same episode.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:02 pm 

From what I've seen, the Pokemon Special manga is awesome and the only thing worthy of checking out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:04 am 

I knew a guy at camp who was a total prep/jock, and he had Pokemon Pearl and told me that he got Pachirisu because it was cute. Lawlz.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:57 am 

Well, to be fair...

A.) Real men love Pokémon
B.) Even the most soulless of jerks aren't immune to the irresistible urge to snuggle Pachirisu and all all its adorableness. (Warning: witnessing the cuteness comes with the side affect of having their childhood crushed by watching what the anime has turned into. At least it's better than most new episodes.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:41 pm 

*is effectively the most soulless jerk known to man*

Eh, i'm more of a squirtle/charmander person anyway. (aside from the horrible 3rd degree burns one would get from trying to snuggle a charmander.)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:28 pm 

You could do it, just make sure the tail stays away. Or maybe it works like a Ponyta. The flame doesn't hurt you if it trusts you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:48 pm 

Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
SnowyFox wrote:
The flame doesn't hurt you if it trusts you.

That's not how fire works :ehsteve:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 923 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31