Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
 Post subject: Zero Punctuation.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:51 am 

So, I assume some of you have heard of or seen Yahtzee's review show, Zero Punctuation: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... unctuation. He, Yahtzee, reviews games in the most evil manner I have seen. I very rarely agree with him, but every review has left me in tears from laughter. WARNING: SEVERE LANGUAGE AND CONTENT...WARNING...YEAH.

EDIT: URL code wasn't working, had to post it like that.

Last edited by Cleverdan on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Zero Punctuation.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:53 am 

NO INTERNET IN CORN PIES FOR BETSY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:54 am 

Oh, um...kay, didn't know. It's a video game review show, so I thought...

Oh well, if there is a mod around, move it, please.

EDIT: Aw crap, I didn't see the above sticky post. Sorry, everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:58 am 

It's a website about video games, though, so it makes sense here.

I usually agree with most of what he says, though it's obvious he cares about certain types of flaws more than i do (I recognize them, but they don't make me hate the game).

(Yahtzee's also got a website, with tons of other hilarious stuff, so you should check that out, too. Swear (and adult content) warning again, obviously)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:02 am 

I've been keeping up with him for awhile now. I don't really like his new opening theme, but the rest of the episodes are hilarious.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:22 am 

DS_Kid wrote:
I've been keeping up with him for awhile now. I don't really like his new opening theme, but the rest of the episodes are hilarious.

I know! I loved how the music always related to the game, and this crappy nu-metal thing just doesn't fit ZP at all.

Anyone play Yahtzee's adventure games? They're really fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:25 am 

Lunar Jesty wrote:
DS_Kid wrote:

I know! I loved how the music always related to the game, and this crappy nu-metal thing just doesn't fit ZP at all.

Still, I'm kinda proud that he's gotten popular enough so he gets a theme, but I did like the songs matching up with the videos (Best = Mass Effect. Summed up his entire review.) My favorite review is of Oblivion. Don't even own the game, but every line in that review is great material.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:31 am 

Lunar Jesty wrote:

Oh, yeah. I was all over Rob Blanc and Odysseus Dent. Tried to play 5 Days but I'm a wimp so I got freaked out and quit. It's obvious from these reviews that he has a very love-hate relationship with those games. He loves it when they're done right, but he hates that most of the time they were done wrong.

I'll put the obligatory "I knew about him before ZP" thing here. But yeah, I like this show, it's really fitting for him. He's always been a bit of a jerk - the lovable kind, but nevertheless a jerk – and it comes through here, but at the same time, he talks intelligently about something he's interested in and seems sincere.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:31 am 

Yahtzee's okay, but I can't comprehend the mindset of a man who apparently hates all multiplayer gaming. (see his Brawl review)
The webcomic review was absolutely spot on and I love him for it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:53 am 

I'm going to get the Pants On Head Retarded Shirt soon. Can't wait.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:57 pm 

Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
Yahtzee was great when I first saw him, but I'd like to see him give some more positive things for some games, or at least review better ones. Good on him for calling developers out for relying on hype and graphics instead of gameplay, but please to be nice, every once in a while.

But the webcomics one? Props man, props. Heh, especially the whole "hey look, I didn't use any names" deal at the end.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:59 pm 

i know someone who prefers this guy over the avgn, but i say theyre in 2 different leagues, they have there own styles, so i dont compare the two

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:29 pm 

Capt. Ido Nos wrote:
Yahtzee was great when I first saw him, but I'd like to see him give some more positive things for some games, or at least review better ones. Good on him for calling developers out for relying on hype and graphics instead of gameplay, but please to be nice, every once in a while.

Well, he's harsh, but he gives some credit when credit's due. He's just relentless on any mistake you make. You'd be surprised, though, the number of reviews where he says "but with all these flaws, it's still a good game". He'll kill you for the smallest mistake, but when he talks about the game overall, he's pretty fair.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:42 am 

Ju Ju Master wrote:
Capt. Ido Nos wrote:

Well, he's harsh, but he gives some credit when credit's due. He's just relentless on any mistake you make. You'd be surprised, though, the number of reviews where he says "but with all these flaws, it's still a good game". He'll kill you for the smallest mistake, but when he talks about the game overall, he's pretty fair.

I noticed that part as well. Assassin's Creed, for example. He still liked it even though he pretty much tore it apart.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:45 am 

I just finished watching all the episodes. They're all hilarious. I want a "Pants On Head Retarded" shirt.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:52 am 

The Escapist's website is all screwed up for me for some reason.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:20 pm 

Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
Ju Ju Master wrote:
Capt. Ido Nos wrote:

I know he does that, and I appreciate it, but what I guess I was going after is that it's a sharp turnaround - you sit there for five minutes listening to him foam at the mouth at how awful it is, then at the last moment he wipes his mouth and says "Oh, but I still liked it." I just say it's be nice if he wiped his mouth sooner and perhaps spent thirty seconds saying which parts he liked, so that perhaps when I play I can look for those, as oppose to focusing on all the awful.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:18 pm 

Capt. Ido Nos wrote:
Ju Ju Master wrote:
Capt. Ido Nos wrote:

I know he does that, and I appreciate it, but what I guess I was going after is that it's a sharp turnaround - you sit there for five minutes listening to him foam at the mouth at how awful it is, then at the last moment he wipes his mouth and says "Oh, but I still liked it." I just say it's be nice if he wiped his mouth sooner and perhaps spent thirty seconds saying which parts he liked, so that perhaps when I play I can look for those, as oppose to focusing on all the awful.
^Ido pretty much said what I was going to say, only better.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]