Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ] 

Should this topic have a poll?
Poll ended at Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:07 pm
No 67%  67%  [ 6 ]
No way 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: Animal Crossing: City Folk
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:16 pm 

The newest Animal Crossing game for Wii

This was announced at E3 2008 . I personally have always been a HUGE fan of the Animal Crossing series so for me this is VERY exciting. please discuss here.

EDIT:

DS_Kid wrote:
Oh, and the game comes out on November 16, 2008 in North America. It was revealed after the conference.

Thanks DS

Last edited by I Choose You Cheatachu on Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Animal Crossing City Folk
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:28 pm 

This game will be... Animal Crossing. That's good, but, it'll be the same as the last two. That said, I will still buy it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:31 pm 

I'll probably buy it. Haven't had the chance to get an Animal Crossing, so I'll be looking to get into that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:56 pm 

I've never even played an Animal Crossing game. Could someone describe it to me (in a nutshell)?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:04 pm 

I GOT THIS
Hang on

You're a person with a house in a town. You go to a store and buy stuff, dig fossils out of the ground, and talk to your animal-neighbors. You do what you want- no missions beyond the favors people ask of you. Do what you want in your town- get money, pay off your loan, get a bigger house, get furniture, befriend people, send letters, collect items, go fishing, donate to museums, and the like. It's fun, but no action, whatsoever, basically. No storyline either. Just plain ol' living.

Last edited by Askingforachallenge on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:05 pm 

You move to a town filled with animals (Who are your neighbors) you do stuff like shoping and errands for your neighbors. You have to pay off your mortgage, and that's about it.

EDIT:Simulpost

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:07 pm 

Positron wrote:
I've never even played an Animal Crossing game. Could someone describe it to me (in a nutshell)?
Move into a town, make money, customize your house, socialize with people, buy cool stuff, make more money, spruce up your town, get addicted, have lots of fun until it eventually turns into a chore.

They haven't really shown much to differentiate this from the old games yet. I'm sure they will eventually, but I'm a little meh about it as of right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:08 pm 

DANG YOU PEOPLE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:14 pm 

Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
Positron wrote:

They plop you down in a town inhabited by big-headed sentient animals. A dark-natured capitalistic racoondog swindles you into buying a shanty of a house, sending you spiraling into an endless cycle of paying off debt and having expansions forced upon you for more money. You are initially employed as an errandboy for this beat, but he soon fires you, leaving you with no source of income. Not to worry though, as the local insect life is selectively valuable, although you are compelled to donate everything you find to the local museum, and that includes the grossly underpriced fossils that your very house is built upon. You can also fish and grow trees, but these are risky, as you are likely to catch the same few seabass forever, and every tree will have bees in it, leaving your face swollen from their stings and your day wasted from not catching fish, or catching garbage. The local big-headed sentient talking animals are capable only in speaking color-coded gibberish, and then demand a response from you. They demand that you run to meet their every need, failure to do so results in an unstoppable tide of disdain for your own big (and inexplicably horned) head. Success in meeting their needs will be rewarded in their friendship, which is physically manifested in more chores and old, discarded items from their house that they are too lazy and inept to take to the dump themselves. You use this trash to decorate your house, where a faceless organization ruthlessly berates you for having a style and personal preference of knickknacks that differs from their own. They raid your house at night and while you are gone and leave threatening letters for when you return. The game is time-based, and continues even while you don't play, which means that failure to play after any insignificant portion of time leads to utter squalor, weeds and overgrowth of the forest, cockroach infestations, and even your "friends" leaving town, only to be replaced by doppelganger-esque squatters who refuse to leave. Occasionally, you can enter in codes to take a ride to another town and witness their own misgivings and dysfunctional relationships, to initially feel better for not being the only one in such a situation, only to have these feelings dashed when you return to find that all of your animal friends like the other guy better than you. Also, you cannot ever consider quitting the game without going through a lengthy save sequence, lest the next time you resume play you are greeted by a malevolent pickax-wielding mole thing who berates you for your idiocy and utter disrespect for life itself in a mouth-foaming rant that lasts for minutes at a time. There are holidays that occur when you are not at home, people vandalize your house on occasion, and the mail service is abusive at night. All in all, you are forced to live in a poor existence for all eternity, lest the town veer towards ruin in your absence.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:18 pm 

Why Resetti the Mole is the most heroic video game character ever created.

EDIT: POST 777!!!

Last edited by gino on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:29 pm 

Capt. Ido Nos wrote:
Positron wrote:

They plop you down in a town inhabited by big-headed sentient animals. A dark-natured capitalistic racoondog swindles you into buying a shanty of a house, sending you spiraling into an endless cycle of paying off debt and having expansions forced upon you for more money. You are initially employed as an errandboy for this beat, but he soon fires you, leaving you with no source of income. Not to worry though, as the local insect life is selectively valuable, although you are compelled to donate everything you find to the local museum, and that includes the grossly underpriced fossils that your very house is built upon. You can also fish and grow trees, but these are risky, as you are likely to catch the same few seabass forever, and every tree will have bees in it, leaving your face swollen from their stings and your day wasted from not catching fish, or catching garbage. The local big-headed sentient talking animals are capable only in speaking color-coded gibberish, and then demand a response from you. They demand that you run to meet their every need, failure to do so results in an unstoppable tide of disdain for your own big (and inexplicably horned) head. Success in meeting their needs will be rewarded in their friendship, which is physically manifested in more chores and old, discarded items from their house that they are too lazy and inept to take to the dump themselves. You use this trash to decorate your house, where a faceless organization ruthlessly berates you for having a style and personal preference of knickknacks that differs from their own. They raid your house at night and while you are gone and leave threatening letters for when you return. The game is time-based, and continues even while you don't play, which means that failure to play after any insignificant portion of time leads to utter squalor, weeds and overgrowth of the forest, cockroach infestations, and even your "friends" leaving town, only to be replaced by doppelganger-esque squatters who refuse to leave. Occasionally, you can enter in codes to take a ride to another town and witness their own misgivings and dysfunctional relationships, to initially feel better for not being the only one in such a situation, only to have these feelings dashed when you return to find that all of your animal friends like the other guy better than you. Also, you cannot ever consider quitting the game without going through a lengthy save sequence, lest the next time you resume play you are greeted by a malevolent pickax-wielding mole thing who berates you for your idiocy and utter disrespect for life itself in a mouth-foaming rant that lasts for minutes at a time. There are holidays that occur when you are not at home, people vandalize your house on occasion, and the mail service is abusive at night. All in all, you are forced to live in a poor existence for all eternity, lest the town veer towards ruin in your absence.
Yeah, that about covers it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:34 pm 

Capt. Ido Nos wrote:

You win. Everything.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:56 pm 

There better be more to do in the game than from what has been previewed, or it will just end up being more of the same thing...again.

Oh, and the game comes out on November 16, 2008 in North America. It was revealed after the conference.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:58 pm 

Once this game comes out this game has to be added to the Friend Code/Gamertag List

Last edited by I Choose You Cheatachu on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Animal Crossing: City Folk
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:05 pm 

That was epic capt. If I knew were you lived I would hitch hike there and give you a hug (Id give you a cookie or trophy but Id probibly eat or pawn it before I got there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:15 pm 

DS_Kid wrote:
There better be more to do in the game than from what has been previewed, or it will just end up being more of the same thing...again.

Didn't they say you could go to a city or something?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:16 pm 

My answer to the poll: does it really matter?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:21 pm 

Capt. Ido Nos wrote:
Positron wrote:

...actually it's hair.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:45 pm 

Mr. Sparkle wrote:
From what we've been shown and from what has been previewed, its really tiny.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:44 am 

Location: All the way on the other side of the internet. Really.
NEW INFO:
-You can fully design clothing. Front, back, and sleeves. YES.
-You can transfer characters from DS to Wii, and vice-versa.
-FREE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT. It better not be like the crap they pulled in Wild World with the Mario stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:46 am 

If they can make villagers actually UNIQUE and not move away without a good reason, that would make me happier than anything they could announce.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 am 

I don't care if this is exactly the same as the other titles since I never owned them anyways, so the chance of me being disappointed with this is slim.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:51 am 

DS_Kid wrote:
Mr. Sparkle wrote:
From what we've been shown and from what has been previewed, its really tiny.

Still, it's a feature.

Animal Crossing is still Animal Crossing. I will love this game. I'm glad that they're not going to be making me do the motions for fishing, that would be be too imprecise.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:43 pm 

Location: At The Eastmost Peninsula in the toilet of my heart
Capt. Ido Nos wrote:
You use this trash to decorate your house, where a faceless organization ruthlessly berates you for having a style and personal preference of knickknacks that differs from their own. They raid your house at night and while you are gone and leave threatening letters for when you return.
[...]
Occasionally, you can enter in codes to take a ride to another town and witness their own misgivings and dysfunctional relationships, to initially feel better for not being the only one in such a situation, only to have these feelings dashed when you return to find that all of your animal friends like the other guy better than you.

It's funny B'cuz it's true. :p

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]