Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Mega Man
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:15 pm 

One, if this has already been posted, lock it.

Okay, this is the topic for every Mege man fan here to...discuss. Do you have a favourite characte? Robot Master? Maverick? Have a theory on something? Want to discuss the new series's possibilities(search Rockman ZX) or something? Then post here!

Personally, I don't understand why everyone thinks the Legends series is in the timeline. It just doesn't fit.

Last edited by The Noid on Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:35 am 

I don't like megaman alot. I used to like it but its now a little weird. Stinkoman is alot more fun somehow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:01 am 

Sorry, but Bob and George is the only Mega Man thing I get into. Besides the collection for the PS2, which is one of my most worn games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:24 am 

Oh man, I really like the Mega-man games (for the SNES). I think the only sucky one they made was that horrible Mega Man soccer game. What the crap was up with that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:53 am 

Location: In the not-too-distant future, somewhere in time and space
I've got Megaman II & III. I bought MM2 at an online auction for 30 euros or so. But hey! It included the manual, the box and the black case for the cartridge, so it was all worth it. :P

Right now, someone's selling a complete-in-box version of Megaman 5 for 36 euros at this one online auction. :eek:

And yeah, I've played pretty much every Megaman on NES, plus MM7 and Rockman & Forte for SNES a little. I've never really been that fond of the X-series or the new ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:52 pm 

Yeah, Mega Man is one of the coolest series of all time.

I loved the original series, but sadly they started to go down after the third one.
"Oh, wow, Cossack isn't bad! Dr. Wily is!"
"Oh, wow, Protoman isn't bad! Dr. Wily is!"
"Oh, wow, Mr. X is bad! But he's actually Dr. Wily!"
Rockman and Forte was kinda cool, but still... The originals just lost their touch.

The X series... I never liked them very much. But the first two games still managed to drag me in with their awesomeness, good music and overall interesting stuff. The third one had lots of cool new additions, but the gameplay itself was kinda dull and the bosses were very boring. I thought X4 was okay, but I don't like the ones after that.

The Zero series... omgomg pwnzorz lololol!!! This one is awesome! Lots of great stuff and they didn't ruin the classic gameplay this time! I hope they keep up the good, no, GREAT work. But if they make more, it's probably gonna be kind of lame and cliché, considering the ending of MMZ4, in which
Spoilers, highlight to read! Anyways, the spoilers wrote:
Everything seems to be fine, people are living in peace. And Zero is thought dead. But we don't know if he is dead. Augh!
I'd like more Zero games, but if Capcom wants to end the series, there couldn't be a better end for it.
If they bring him back... Um...
How many times has Zero died in the X series anyway?

Battle Network? I don't really care about those games. I don't know... I have finished a few, but they don't appeal to me much.

Legends... Never found those games... :-|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:12 pm 

last night, I just finished MM8.. so now I have finished MM1-8.. all the games on the anniversary pack for my GCN (well.. I did the two arcade games too, but those are easy, since you have infinite lives). It was fun.. but yeah I mean there are a lot of them and not so much variety after a while--

My favorite tracks are the frog man of MM2 and Shadow Man of MM3.. great, catchy tunes!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:24 pm 

soce,the elemental wizard wrote:
My favorite tracks are the frog man of MM2 and Shadow Man of MM3.. great, catchy tunes!!
I think you mean Bubble Man. Or if I'm wrong, Toad Man from MM4, but I'm pretty sure about it being Bubble Man.

My favourites are Fire Man's, Metal Man's themes and of course, the amazing Dr. Wily's fortress (the one in MM2). I also like the track playing in the first and second stage of the X-Hunters' fortress in MMX2. And Nightmare Zero's theme in MMX5. Storm Eagle is cool too. And the Neo Arcadia theme in MMZ1 and MMZ2...

Uh. Let's just say I like Mega Man music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:48 pm 

Dan and my Megaman collection includes: Anniversary Collection, 2 (NES), I (Gameboy), V (Gameboy), MM and Bass, Xtreme 2, X Command Mission, and Zero 1. I love the classic series more than anything else. I play them so much I know all the circles by heart and can beat Quickman's stage first. :P Haven't played any .EXE games but they look pretty craptacular.

Mega Man NES music is the shiznit. I love nearly every track from 2 and 3, and a lot of the fortress stuff from all six games. I usually hum along when I'm playing, and I can play a bunch of them on the keyboard (not very well).

My favourite character is Bob. I mean Protoman. Yeah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:08 pm 

Obo, to answer your question, the man you counted to infinity lost count. :p

Anyways,, some info on Rockman ZX.

Two children, Van and Ale(Ellie?) find a certain type of metal thjat can take on a life of it's own and transform. The metal chose one of the two children to be it's keeper(there are rumours it's X's armour). There is also someone who looks similar to Zero who has something called a "Model Z" Armour, like the kid's have(The children's armour is called Model X) Some say that Ciel will be in it, and they say there is some cool pictures, but I've only seen a few of the officila artwork.

My favourite Robot Master? A tie between Shademan and Stone Man.
Favourite Level? ...Uhh...Metal Man's?
Favourite Maverick? Pfft, I haven't played X ga,mes(I want the anni-collection but I'm a Neon Tiger fan I guess.

Also, yes, I wasn't old enough to expeirience the origianl NES games, but I have a bigger knowledge of Mega Man fans than some people. I know that two of the possible characters for Megaman 3 could've been Devil Man and Gas Man. I know that Top Man's stage didn't always look like that. (And I know tons of other crap, too.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:19 pm 

Oh, and I should maybe plug Tompkins' Mega Man site. http://megaman.wikicities.com/wiki/Main_Page I wrote the MM2 walkthrough there.

The Noid wrote:
Also, yes, I wasn't old enough to expeirience the origianl NES games, but I have a bigger knowledge of Mega Man fans than some people. I know that two of the possible characters for Megaman 3 could've been Devil Man and Gas Man. I know that Top Man's stage didn't always look like that. (And I know tons of other crap, too.)

Rush Drill!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:23 pm 

Dark Grapefruit wrote:
Oh, and I should maybe plug Tompkins' Mega Man site. http://megaman.wikicities.com/wiki/Main_Page I wrote the MM2 walkthrough there.

The Noid wrote:

Rush Drill!

Oh, Tompkins gave up. It's bassium's now. (I'm also an admin there.)

Please, this wiki might get destroyed if we can't get enough members. I know some of you could be very useful, and I think you could be a buerecrat(people like Obo. or DG.)

Post subject: Re: So...Mega Man fans...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:55 am 

2.5 YEAR BUMP OF DESTINY

Yeah, I was gonna make a new thread about Megaman in general, because of the news of the upcoming Megaman 9. But I searched first and saw this one.
Here is a news story with scans of MM9.
As a lifelong Megaman addict, I am so freaking excited about this I'm literally squealing with delight. I can already tell I'm gonna have the music stuck in my head forever and ever. (music in there right now: Metal Man) With this and that Edgeworth game, Capcom is really starting to pander to their drooling fans like me. And I lap it alllllll up.

Post subject: Re: Mega Man
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:08 am 

Lets see what our megaman collection holds now:

Anniversary Collection - NGC
X Collection - NGC
Xtreme - GBC
Xtreme 2 - GBC
Megaman I - GB
Megaman V - GB
Megaman 2 - NES
Megaman and Bass - GBA
Megaman Zero - GBA
Megaman Zero 2 - GBA
Megaman ZX - DS
Megaman ZX Advent - DS
Megaman X COmmand Mission - NGC

I missing any DG?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:14 am 

*thinks* Nope!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:45 am 
Pizza Pizza

Mega Man II was the pinnacle of Mega Man greatness.

I still want to kill my cousin Kevin for turning off the game the first time my friend Kelly and I got to Dr Wiley (before we wrote down the password).

I think we drowned our sorrows in Crystal Pepsi.
LOL, early 90's.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:21 am 

Oh man, this one time I slept over at my cousin's and we rented Mega Man 6 for his NES. Played that game all night and our fingers were bleeding. Good times.

Then like four years ago I got a NES emulator and found the joy of save states. Beat the game in like four hours, but was it as fun? I dunno.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:30 am 

I've actually never played an old-school MegaMan game. Not sure why. I just never got into the franchise. Mario suckered me in too easily (though tbh he was producing some seriously quality games when I was young).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:13 pm 

I'm glad they never made a Megaman 9 never came out, it would get to the stage of Hu Man...

EDIT: Oh wait, I was wrong, dead wrong.

I also know that Zero was originally going to be the Hero of the X series, but he wasn't "Megaman" enough, at least he was the main character in the Zero series.

Last edited by just a username on Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:20 pm 

Quote:
Splash Woman

:-(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:21 pm 

The Zero in MMZ looks too much like a kid to me. Now, MMX Zero...that guy's awesome. I'm just waiting until they do a Mega Man Vile. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten his own game (Maverick Hunter X doens't count)

also yeah, putting a woman in there is terrible

X used to look a lot more awesome

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:44 pm 

Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
I haven't really played any Megaman, but I do like the look of Bass, so that's all I have to say.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:27 pm 

:eek: Mega Man X is the best game in the whole world.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:30 pm 

Megaman: Maverick Hunter X for the PSP is the only good PSP game out there besides maybe GTA.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:01 pm 

Location: They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
"You muwst wecowev all de enewgy imbeedily, M-Megaman!"
My god MM8's dubbing sucks.

I'm also one of the folks who was born after the Mega man classic craze (well, during the days of mm7.). i eventually discovered the goodness with stinkoman, and got the anniversary collection (the xbox one, where the remixed music is OPTIONAL).
MM1- At the yellow devil (AAAAARG)
MM2- Clear
MM3- Clear

Last edited by poopskin on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:03 pm 

They also sound like they are all 4 years old.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:29 am 

Music time!

I Can't Beat Air Man
Some other song about Rush from the same guy
THE PROTOMEN

Original songs about the classic series. The first two are in Japanese. The Protomen are a group that recorded an entire rock opera about Megaman. You can listen to four of their songs by clicking on the speaker icon in the bottom right. They rock very hard.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:13 am 

Location: They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
oh, and mega man has plenty of what i'm weak to: SIMPLE JUMPING PUZZLES!*

*See: It takes poopskin literally a month to beat the robo dragon and quick man, also see: How i manage to suck at SMB3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:41 am 

The Worst is the Disappearing blocks, otherwise known as Voip blocks because of the sound they make.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:48 am 

Yeah. i just Rush Jet Item 2'd over them in heat man's stage. i also hate quickman's lazers.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next