Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Toon DO OVER!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:57 pm 

If you given the opportunity to redo or alter any toons (including emails) on the website, what would do?

I have several ideas that I would do. A lot of them involve going back and expanding the toons to include Homsar. Here's exactly which ones would now have him, complete with a description of the toons' contexts:

• Marshmallow's Last Stand: Homsar is spotted in the crowd of spectators
  • Homestarloween Party: The scene with the Poopsmith bobbing for pumpkins when Homestar approaches and near the end when everyone leaves; Homsar is dressed Bilbo Baggins
  • A Holiday Greeting: The whole gang scene at the end, in front of Bubs
  • The Luau: Most scenes of Strong Bad's marshmallow roast and as everyone roasts their marshmallows over the burning tofu
  • The Best Decemberween Ever: The "O Decemberween" song, in front of Pom Pom
  • Email #61: MONSTER TRUCK: An alternate scene of Strong Mad smashing Marzipan's guitar over Homestar's head, and now Homsar's head, too. Homsar says (after Homestar says his "Brutus" line), "AaAaAa, I'm the lucky number 13!"
  • Email #83: LABOR DAY: In addition to obviously having Homsar's being at the Labor Day BBQ with the rest of the gang, there is an extra scene occurring between Strong Bad seeing Coach Z and the King of Town (Strong Bad (as Homsar shuffles by): "Hey, why can't I ever understand you? Can't you make sense?" Homsar: "AaAaAa, right on! I think I can three times!")
  • TrogdorCon '97: After the Poopsmith as the Sleestak walks by in the foreground, Homsar (again dressed as Bilbo Baggins from "Homestarloween Party", but is this time in his more modern style) passes by from the right and shuffles by SB and The Cheat's booth and exits on the left
  • Email #136: GEDDUP NOISE: In both the actual toon and the Easter egg, Homsar is at Club Technochocolate doing his "I'm just me" dance from RECORD BOOK
  • Email #145: MYTHS & LEGENDS: After Strong Sad's scene and SB saying, "...said the elephant-footed ghost man," there is an extra scene of Homsar backed by a message reading, "Another skeptic(?)" (with hot dogs in the background) as he says, "AaAaAa, it looks like a Shawshank style!" to which Strong Bad replies, "...said the blue midget Homestar."
  • EMAIL #151: SENIOR PROM: Homsar is shown near Strong Sad and Coach Z and is wearing a tux and a black topper, as well as featured during the rapid-fire scene of everyone's pants areas (Homsar is between Strong Sad and the Poopsmith)
  • Ever and More!: Homsar is one of the members of the Broternal Order of Different Helmets. His "helmet" is an overturned flower pot. He is first seen singing the "frothy, shanty chant" with everyone else between SB and Coach Z, albeit not really singing, but just speaking and doing it out of sync with everyone else
  • Happy Dethemberween: Homsar is seen in most crowd scenes, such as around the basement couch and at the end, around the stone wall)
  • Play Date: After Homestar crosses off The Cheat off his phone list, he then calls up Homsar and says, "Hello, obscure main guy!", to which Homsar (on the phone) replies, "AaAaAa, I've got patches and am out till last Monday." Homestar says, "I don't even want to know..." and then hangs up and crosses Homsar off his list.
  • Email 200: EMAIL THUNDER: Homsar is one of the people (albeit in the foreground with his back to the viewer) attending Strong Bad's 200th email check at the beginning

The scenes mentioned in all the parentheseses are shown in a single feature, as these scenes are the only ones shown. What do you think? By the way, Homsar in the first five toons mentioned above (Marshmallow's Last Stand, Homestarloween Party, A Holiday Greeting, The Luau and The Best Decemberween Ever) will be in the slightly older style of the HOMSAR email in which he originated (with the shorter underbite, the longer and more slanted legs and, in some cases, the bigger bowler hat).

Anyway, those are my ideas for improving existing toons by including Homsar, and I have other improvement ideas as well. But first, if you were given the opportunity to improve the existing toons, what would you do?

Post subject: Re: Toon DO OVER!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:42 pm 

In "500 The Cheats", I would add an Easter Egg set after The Cheat has shown the toon to Strong Bad:
:sb: That's it! No more smoking for you.
:cheat: {makes sad noise, then walks away}
:sb: Hopefully you can make something that makes sense now! But I will admit, that was pretty addicting... {replays the toon right when The Cheat leaves}

In "Happy-Hallow-Day", I would correct the Gremlins reference and change "Evil Carmen Sandiego" to "Emo Carmen Sandiego".

In "Homestar Ruiner", I would add a scene in which during the fourth consecutive time (and all successive times) Strong Bad talks to one of the depressed Homestars before cheering him up, Strong Bad would jettison Homestar from the house a la "secret identity", but Homestar would suddenly reappear in the couch/at the writing desk/near the stove.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:55 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
In "Happy-Hallow-Day", I would correct the Gremlins reference and change "Evil Carmen Sandiego" to "Emo Carmen Sandiego".

How do you correct the Gremlins reference?

I would also expand the number of clickable Easter eggs during this scene. I'm thinking of for Bubs, Coach Z and the King of Town:

BUBS:
:hr: Hey, Bubs, what's up with your 2D coach guy outfit?
:bubs: Oh, this? Well, I figured since Coach Z doesn't really act like much of a coach anymore...
:coachz: I am so a coach!
:bubs: ...I'd just fill in for him awhile.
---
COACH Z:
:hr: Hey, Coach, I thought that Strong Bad and Marzipan typically dressed in drag.
:coachz: Well, not anymore, Ramrod!
:sb: Here we go again! (a reference to "A Jorb Well Done")
---
THE KING OF TOWN:
:sb: Hey, Your -- cough, cough -- Majesty! Nice nautical weatherman outfit! What's the forecast? Total crap? (a reference to Main Page 11)
:kot: I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that, amateur!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:43 am 

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:

Well, the Wiki says Strong Sad was wrong when he thought sunlight transforms Gremlins instead of kills them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:30 am 

I'd like to see a re-do of one of the unfinished toons. ...but finished. Either that, or a re-do of "A Jumping Jack Contest":

Adding Homsar in the fray, Strong Bad tricking Homsar into poofing away, and Homestar accidently revealing that Strong Bad was cheating. Also a different ending, having PomPom and Homestar tied and Strong Bad being puched away by PomPom for tying to take the trophy. ...also, at the pool, he's answering an email.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:41 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:

Well, the Wiki says Strong Sad was wrong when he thought sunlight transforms Gremlins instead of kills them.

Oh, I see.

Post subject: email thunder...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:47 pm 

[my opinion]
Nonef you are going agree with me, but I didn't like email thunder. at all.

Having the Poopsmith sing was anachronistic of his character and the entire show. You can't just put in something blatantly out-of-character simply because it's Strong Bad's 200th email. That makes it seem like the sbemail is about Strong Bad's 200th email, instead of about another subject. The email should have focused on something else other than the fact that everyone is excited over Strong Bad's 200th email. Actually, that's not exactly true. The rest of the sbemail did have a subject.

The rest of the toon was Homestar proving himself over Strong Bad as though he was doing it this entire time. And this same plot of "Homestar becoming better than everyone else" has also been used similarly in many toons. To name a few, "A Death Defying Decemberween", "Kick-a-Ball", "The Best Decemberween Ever", "Jibblies 2". So, this email was nothing new for me. The formula didn't surprise me at all. We also saw various scenes from past emails, which I thought was a slight waste of time.

A Do Over of Strong Bad's 200th email? How about we actually see something amazing with a plot other than something unoriginal? The introduction of hremails is a good start, but The Brothers Chaps should have at least given us some story or something in this email other than Strong Bad figuring out about Homestar's emails. We should have seen something that we've never seen or heard of before. Instead, we just saw a new email address and the fact that this is Strong Bad's 200th email.

But I liked seeing The Paper again, even if it was for a few seconds.
[/my opinion]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:52 pm 

Here are several more toon do-overs I'd do:

• All Halloween toons would feature Homsar automatically. Sometimes, he will also appear in crowd scenes, as well.
  • Homestarloween Party: The Cheat's Garfield costume is more complete. Rather than just have the eyes, nose and teddy bear for the costume, his costume will now also feature ears, the mouth deal and a tail.
  • The House That Gave Sucky Treats: As stated earlier, Homsar is now automatically featured. In this case, you'll get his scene no matter which treat you give Pom Pom and the Poopsmith (however, you no longer can give them the pumpkin). Also, near the end, the dialog is edited based on the DVD version of this toon. Also, after Marzipan says "No" to Strong Sad's question (as is the DVD's case), the rest of the characters respond before Strong Sad replies: Pom Pom bubbles, the Poopsmith holds up a sign reading "No" and Homsar says, "NoOoO!".
  • The Interview: All of the characters are in the newer style rather than the older style.
  • Ballad of The Sneak: There is a short appearance by a new Old-Timey character called The Homsar (Homsar's Old-Timey counterpoint).
  • 3 Times Halloween Funjob: Again, Stinkoman's scene is automatically enabled so that you'll get his scene regardless of what treat you give Bubs and Coach Z (though, the pumpkin bucket is no longer clickable). Also, Homsar will appear with the rest of the characters, both during the revival of Credenza (he is spotted in front of Coach Z and between Marzipan and Homestar) and joining in, and at the very end, like always where they gather in their costumes (in this case, Homsar will be directly behind Strong Bad and to Coach Z's right (the viewer's left), where there is normally a big gap).
  • Halloween Potion-ma-jig: After you choose every item, the "Choice Time!" tone plays backwards. Also, Strong Mad's Gossamer costume is recolored from orange to red.
  • Happy Hallow-day: Homsar appears at the end with the rest of the characters as he shouts with them, "Happy Halloween!" and then "Happy Day of the Dead!" He is specifically located between Marzipan and the Poopsmith.
  • Email 163: WHAT I WANT: Strong Bad fully reads where the email came from, pronouncing "Des Moines, IA" as "Dessmoinessia", just like when he is ragging on the email sender's name and location in the actual email.
  • Sickly Sam's Big Outing: Old-Timey Strong Bad is not alone in Sam's ribcage; he discovers that Sam had also devoured The Homsar, who says to OTSB, "AaAaAa, I'm a song from the turn of the century!" (an Old-Timey version of "I'm a song from the '60s!")
  • Strong Badia the Free: Maybe have Strong Bad go to Coachnya to get Coach Z to join Strong Badia? Coachnya would be comprised of the race track and nearby locker room.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:17 pm 

Further regarding SBCG4AP, I think "Baddest of the Bands" needs a Sbemail-like opening (I posted a suggestion here) and "8-Bit is Enough" needs a more conclusive ending:
Strong Bad finishes his Wizard of Oz spiel, then checks the arcade cabinet one more time and confirms that Trogdor made it back in the game. Homestar announces that he has to leave to win another contest. Strong Bad then says something like, "Not if I can ruin it!" and runs off into the distance.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:59 pm 

All Halloween toons would feature Homsar automatically.

I don't know, I think that's part of the charm of Homsar in the Halloween toons. You gotta look for him!

Favorite quote from latest toon: What latest toon?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:11 pm 

Monkeytender wrote:

I don't know, I think that's part of the charm of Homsar in the Halloween toons. You gotta look for him!

Yeah. After all, he is the "secret guy"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:31 pm 

I would also go back and include Senor Cardgage into all Halloween toons from 2004 onward. Except, I'm having trouble who Senor should dress as. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:27 pm 

I would also go back and include Senor Cardgage into all Halloween toons from 2004 onward. Except, I'm having trouble who Senor should dress as. Any ideas?

Why don't you just put all the other non-main characters into the Halloween toons?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:39 am 

Now that we have Hremails, I would add another easter egg to Email 111: other days.
(Homestar is sitting in front of the Happy 8600)
Homestar: I got an hremail in my pocket, and I think it's starting to melt.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:22 am 

AbdiLarue wrote:

Why don't you just put all the other non-main characters into the Halloween toons?

Hey, just adding Cardgage isn't enough to say that. Cardgage is like, the 13th main character. Now if he wanted to include atleast 3 of the following: The Blubbos Whale, Arrow'd Guy, 20X6 Marzipan, Fort Wayne Locomotive, The Grape Fairy, Nibbles, Homestar Jr., Champeen, Wagon Fulla Pancakes, Balding Man, Gavin, Tenerence Love, Uzi Bazooka, Rumble Red, The Exact Same, The Teach, Blue Laser's Voice Actor, Striped Green Rabbit (random user: "Is this going anywhere") or Mr. Pitters; then you can say "Might as well have them all" or something like that.

The financial aid office
is closed on Tuesdays
and steer clear of the beef stroganov at the dining hall.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:14 am 

Homestone Wrecker wrote:
Uzi Bazooka

...How would that work?

Favorite quote from latest toon: What latest toon?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:27 am 

Monkeytender wrote:
Homestone Wrecker wrote:
Uzi Bazooka

...How would that work?

Like how this works, but more :hr: flavoured

The financial aid office
is closed on Tuesdays
and steer clear of the beef stroganov at the dining hall.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:44 pm 

Theme Song- add references to popup ads, and have an easter egg to the new PBTC (preferably not a music-based toon)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:30 pm 

AbdiLarue wrote:
Monkeytender wrote:

Yeah. After all, he is the "secret guy"

However, he automatically appears in the Halloween toons when they were released on DVD.

Also, where the two earliest Halloween toons are concerned, I would also eliminate all references to voting for the best costume, since they're now all obsolete and (at least where the 2001 toon is concerned anyway) have gotten the results in and the vote is closed (the winner of best 2001 costume, in case you don't know, was SB as Carmen Sandiego). The closing dialog, therefore, would be intact, save for Homestar's "Have they voted yet?" line, which would be removed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:23 pm 

Monkeytender wrote:

You really don't have to look for him, it's more looking for The Poopsmith.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:40 pm 

Carrer Day

The blocks :homsar: stacks on his table will read Turd not Toid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:19 am 

I wouldn't want them to remake or do over any toons.

Even the old ones.

It makes them lose their touch.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:56 pm 

Lucsar wrote:
Carrer Day

The blocks :homsar: stacks on his table will read Turd not Toid

Well, "Toid" is a Brooklyn way of saying "Turd".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:14 am 

On Break:After 5 seconds of the toon it automatically leads you to a ''THIS TOON SUCKS'' sign with a buzz sound. *BOOM* DO OVER!
The Baloneyman:When Coach Z is Wanting something and Bubs says ''Were All out'' make Coach Z keep doing it 7 times more and then say ''Ah screw it''. *BOOM* DO OVER!
Place ya bets:In the end Strong sad says ''Ok i quit.'' *toot* SMALL DO OVER!
Some Stupid Turkey:In the end, Strong Bad says ''Does this costume make me look fat?'' And then Homestar says ''No, Strong Bad. No it doesn't.'' *BOOM* DO OVER!
20X6 vs. 1936:In the end Stinkoman unleashes a...DOUBLE DEUCE!!!!!*BOOM* DO OVER!
Homestar Runner Gets Something Stuck in his Craw:Instead of Strong Sad saying ''There is no such kids book!'' Make him say ''WHAT THE CRAP?!?!?''*BOOM* DO OVER!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:03 am 

Do overload... *explodes*

In my opinion the only one of those do overs that was any good (Previous Post) was the baloneym'n one.

I'd say the only thing I'd do over is that Homsar be in more toons easter eggs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:03 am 

McArbys wrote:
I'd say the only thing I'd do over is that Homsar be in more toons easter eggs

Better yet, he should just be in more toons, period.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:50 pm 

I would (if I had the time and effort):

1. Correct all goofs and glitches
2. Correct all misreferences
3. Fix inconsistencies

Post subject: Anti-PBTC
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:51 pm 

I'd like to see an "anti-PBTC". Basically, I'd like New Boots done in the real Homestar Runner universe.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:31 pm 

In a couple of years a "Jorb Well Done" remake could be fun.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:49 am 

THE KING OF TOWN: After the King says "Who could've done such a thing?" Homestar says "I know!" and then it cuts to Strong Bad, Strong Mad, and the Cheat eating lamb, with a large pile of lamb bones next to them, while Strong Sad and Marzipan watch them, making comments about being so disgusting. Then Homestar, the King, and the King's men come in and beat the bad guys senseless.

NO LOAFING: In the Easter egg, Strong Sad gives Strong Bad a big push and says, "And I hate you too! Now go back to your loafing!"

HREMAIL3184: Just as Strong Bad is about to blow up the Lappy, Homestar comes in, pushes him out of the way, and says, "Oh no you don't! This is my Hwemail! I'll do this!" and blows up the Lappy himself.