Homestar Runner Wiki Forum
http://forum.hrwiki.org/

Jumping Jack Contest.
http://forum.hrwiki.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=103
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Pardalis [ Fri May 21, 2004 12:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Jumping Jack Contest.

Via Wiki I saw the Homestar Runner Jumping Jack Contest thats no longer on H*R.

And I was wondering... why isn't it on H*R?

Did it get lost in a big site overhaul? I can't really see any other reason to remove it. Its well done graphically, everyone is completely in character and its very funny...

Or do the TBC hate it for some reason? If so why?

I mean... I can see why they'd take that old Marshmellow's Last Stand thing away (it has its moments, but its not that good compared to other H*R material, and a little out of char I think for Strong Bad.) But the Jumping Jack Contest?

Anyone know why its gone?

Author:  Upsilon [ Fri May 21, 2004 2:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

http://www.homestarrunner.com/faq.html

Author:  Another Fan [ Sat May 22, 2004 1:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

I think because they didn't want to many contests on the site. (it is a overused idea) and the scene with Homestar's bladder was disgusting. :-S

Author:  Pardalis [ Sat May 22, 2004 2:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

Upsilon wrote:


I knew that one, it just said THAT they were gone, not WHY they were gone.

Author:  Pardalis [ Sat May 22, 2004 2:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

Another Fan wrote:
I think because they didn't want to many contests on the site. (it is a overused idea) and the scene with Homestar's bladder was disgusting. :-S


Did the TBC say that, about the contests, or is that speculation on your part?

Also, uhm... If its that bit with Homestar's bladder they might as well remove the Luau too. (Which has pretty clear references about him taking a leak over that wood Strong Bad stole) Or heck.. remove the Poopsmith for that matter. Or that little game on the KoT pagee where Strong Bad gets lowered into the pile of whats-it. So uhm.. if thats their reason, I guess so. But I wouldn't see it myself. I mean there are more jokes like that on H*R.

Again, though, speculation on your part or actual information?

Because what I was curious about was the TBC's reason for removing it. I just wondered if anyone here knew.

Author:  Dark Grapefruit [ Sun May 23, 2004 10:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

It's proably just because it's old and they don't like the crappy animation. Maybe they are planning on giving it a Yello Dello style DVD treatment.

Author:  cyco [ Sun May 23, 2004 11:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

hey that would be cool!comentary!hmm maybee it would also have baleted scenes!

Author:  cbrubaker [ Mon May 24, 2004 2:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

I think if you search around Google for the cartoon, there's a link where some guy saved the file for the cartoon and uploaded it on his website. Same with "Marshmello's Last Stand"

Author:  Susan [ Mon May 24, 2004 10:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

Maybe they are going to put them in the museum.

Author:  Swooshoman [ Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:17 am ]
Post subject: 

Yah, that's what I'm thinking their gonna do with Marshmallow's Last Stand, but I dunno about Jumping Jacks. Its not like it can't stand on its own, and they really wouldn't have to make a new version or anything.

Author:  ThatGoblin [ Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:03 am ]
Post subject: 

In my opinion I think it's one of the best toons. Seriously, It's one of the best!

Author:  Slifer [ Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:39 am ]
Post subject: 

In the last few seconds didn't the voices get out of place?

Author:  FishFight [ Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:34 am ]
Post subject:  i agree with some, but the rest are morons

:casio:
i agree that 'Jumping Jacks' and 'Marshmallow's Last Stand are two of the best h*r cartoons, seeing as they were the two of the first ones i saw. But i think the reason they were taken off was because the h*r guys are planning on making it into a DVD type thingy.
:trogdor:

Author:  Skippy [ Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:22 am ]
Post subject: 

Hey, thanks to everyone in this forum for giving me the heads up on this lost cartoon. I honestly didn't know about it until I came here. What a deal: bonus H*R cartoon dropped in my lap!

As far as the cartoon itself goes, I think it's probably funnier than Yello Dello and The KOT cartoons combined. It has some cool visuals, especially the melonade and "imposter strong bad" scenes. And it's actually quotable: Bubs: "Oh, I'm such a dummy" and "It's the Cheat, and he's Cheatin'" Good. I give it Good Place.

(Inane question: Doesn't Pom-Pom have an advantage here since he seems to weigh, like, half a pound?)

Author:  Upsilon [ Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:20 am ]
Post subject: 

Nah, the best quote was "So, let's see, I would like to thank The Cheat for helping me to cheat... oh, wait, I should not say that... I would like to help Strong Mad for helping me to cheat! Yeah, that's better."

Author:  Jerome [ Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:19 am ]
Post subject: 

Skippy wrote:
(Inane question: Doesn't Pom-Pom have an advantage here since he seems to weigh, like, half a pound?)


Actually he weighs 4 pounds. It says so on his licence.

Author:  Shopiom [ Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

Skippy wrote:
Doesn't Pom-Pom have an advantage here since he seems to weigh, like, half a pound?)


Well, :hr: has an advantage, too, since he has no arms and all he has to move is his legs. But, how does not weighing much give you an advantage?

Author:  Upsilon [ Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

It should be easier to propel yourself?

Author:  Skippy [ Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:44 am ]
Post subject: 

Two Words: Wind Resistance. :pom: :)

Author:  Upsilon [ Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:47 am ]
Post subject: 

Well, that's a different factor altogether, isn't it?

Author:  ThatGoblin [ Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

:pom: = bubble

bubble = very light

So therefore, Pom Pom is light, but not too light.


(weird theory, huh?)

Author:  Skippy [ Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

Upsilon wrote:
Well, that's a different factor altogether, isn't it?


Ugh. Nevermind. I fall back on the old rule of comedy: If you have to explain the joke, it wasn't funny.

Author:  Super Orange! [ Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

Can someone post the link to the website with the two lost cartoons of DOOM?

Author:  Upsilon [ Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:50 am ]
Post subject: 

Skippy wrote:
Upsilon wrote:
Well, that's a different factor altogether, isn't it?


Ugh. Nevermind. I fall back on the old rule of comedy: If you have to explain the joke, it wasn't funny.


Oh, did I miss a joke? :blush:

Author:  duders307 [ Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

i never got to see it :((

Author:  Super Orange! [ Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Just look it up on google. The very first webpage has it on there for you to watch...

Look up "Marshmallow's Last Stand" and the same thnig apllies.

Author:  The Experimental Film [ Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

What happened to the announcer-type guy?

Author:  TheNintenGenius [ Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

I wasn't that sad to find out that Marshmallow's Last Stand was gone (being one of the very earliest cartoons, the characters' personalities weren't in place yet and the results were pretty bizarre), but the Jumping Jack Contest was probably one of my favorites. I can only hope it's going to be given the Yello Dello treatment.

Author:  Hysterical Woman [ Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:29 pm ]
Post subject:  MLS

I would love to see Marshmallow's Last Stand with commentary, enspecial the part where Strong Bad's head is broken.

:hr: : Oh, this is when Stwong Bad got bwain damage.
:sb: : Damage no I brain!

Author:  ThatGoblin [ Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

Jumping Jack Contest Commentary

:sb: : So... this is the part where I'm jumping. And a little bit of jacking.
:hr: : Woah! Did I really look like that?
:sb: : I just noticed that. You were fat back then.
:hr: : Ohhh... Now I remember! I got obsessed with melonade and lost a few pounds.
:bubs: : Hey guys, what are you doin?
:sb: : Oh, we're just doing to commentary for this cartoon.
:bubs: : Oh yeah, this is the part where The Cheat was cheatin'.
:sad: : What the heck are you guys doing?
:sb: : Whahahaha!! Strong Sad did two jumping jacks! Whahahaha!!
:sad: : Well, sorry if I'm nonathletic.
:pom: : (Bubbles)
:hr: : Pom Pom! I didn't say that!
:pom: : (Bubbles)
:hr: : Hehe.... Umm... BYE!!!
:sb: : Oh! I can't believe I wore that costume!
:bubs: : It looks pretty good on you! Pom Pom is cool, after all.
:sb: : Oh man! Strong Mad actually said something other than mumbling!
:sm: : I DON'T LIKE THIS MOVIE!!!!
:sb: : Ok well.... Bye! We need to go use my "LIGHT" pen on sleeping Coach Z.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/