Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:39 pm 

SOMEBODY PLEASE STOP ME

:hr: as Jimi Hendrix
:sb: as John Bender
:sm: as Z-Block
:sad: as Auric Goldfinger
:cheat: as Ernie Keebler
:bubs: as Bob Pinciotti
:coachz: as Chris Mac Daddy Smith (the guy from Kriss Kross)
:marzi: as Dee Snider
:pom: as Elwood Blues
:kot: as The Penguin (movie version)

Rest I'll come up with later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:04 am 

:hr: ??
:sb: ??
:sm: A Cinderblock
:sad: ??
:bubs: ??
:coachz: ??
:marzi: Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas
:pom: Bowser
:kot: Mermaid Man from Spongebob Squarepants
:poop: Guy from Limozeen
:homsar: A keyboard

Last edited by Sloshy on Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:46 am 

Sloshy wrote:
:sad: Mermaid Man from Spongebob Squarepants

WIN!

Although KOT as Mermaid Man would be funnier...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:09 am 

KartoonKween'D wrote:
Sloshy wrote:
:sad: Mermaid Man from Spongebob Squarepants

WIN!

Although KOT as Mermaid Man would be funnier...

Ooh, awesome-great. I'll switch that. xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:13 am 

Well, I decided to do the plot for the toon over again, but this time, just write the story myself and come up with stuff as it came to me. It will extensively feature Marshie as a villain and be called Happy Malloween. These are the costumes the characters will be wearing:

:hr: as Ferris Bueller
:sb: as Gene Simmons
:cheat: as Potato Chip Popple
:sm: as E. Honda
:sad: as Sean Nelson (from the band Harvey Danger)
:pom: as Norm Peterson
:marzi: as Judy Jetson
:coachz: as Darryl "DMC" McDaniels
:bubs: as Eddie (from "The Rocky Horror Picture Show")
:kot: as Franken-Berry
:poop: as Dr. Hans Reinhardt
:homsar: as Waldo

Granted, I did mention this already earlier in the thread, but I felt that it was worth repeating so that people understood what the costumes were for this toon. Alright, let's begin...

(The toon starts. It's nightfall and Homestar and Pom Pom are walking along in their respective costumes. Homestar is holding a trick-or-treat bag (identical to the one Marzipan had in "The House That Gave Sucky Treats"), Pom Pom is holding a pumpkin-shaped bucket (similar to the one Bubs had in "3 Times Halloween Funjob").)

:hr: Well, Pom Pom, ol' buddy, looks like we're off on another adventure... into the unknown... to seek out our fortune and glory. We're not taking no crap from nobody... NOTHING from nobody, we're on the...

(Pom Pom looks bored. The camera pans away from the duo and across the night sky where, to Halloween-type music, the credits roll (first the title, followed by "Yet another Halloween-style cartoon" and then "By the same people who ALWAYS made these types of toons, in case you don't know, which you should by now."). After the credits are finished, the camera comes to Strong Bad, Strong Mad and The Cheat, all in their respective Halloween costumes, standing behind the Stick. A carton of eggs is sitting nearby.)

:sb: Okay, The Cheat, so let me get this straight: the plan is to just... JUMP Homestar and egg the ever-loving crap out of him with the eggs I got from Bubs? And then while he's distracted, we swipe all his candy and split?

:cheat: Meh (as if saying, "Yeah").

:sb: That, my friend, has got to be the best plan I ever heard of. Oops, get down, boys, here he comes now.

(Strong Bad and his posse duck down behind the Stick. Homestar and Pom Pom come towards them, Homestar still talking away.)

:hr: But not snakes, I hate snakes.

(Strong Bad, Strong Mad and The Cheat all pop out from behind the Stick.)

:sb:, :sm:, :cheat: (in unison) AH-HA!!!

:pom: (bubbling angrily)

:sb: Aw, holy CRAP!! The Cheat, why didn't you tell me his roundly friend Pom Pom would accompany him?!? (to Pom Pom) N-n-now... now, take it easy there, big guy. We don't want any trouble. We were just gonna...

:cheat: (The Cheat noises)

:sb: Y-y-yeah! Yeah, just scare you. So, uh... boo!

:pom: (bubbles)

(Suddenly, the toon messes up and the screen distorts momentarily to the sound of electric buzzing and shockwaves zipping through the screen. And for a second or two, Marshie (in his vampire costume) appears transparently through the toon and then disappears, laughing evilly.)

:sb: What the crap...?

:sm: I HAVE NO IDEA!

Okay, I'll add more later. Actually, Power Crunch had the original idea for the toon, but he ended it too soon; I'm gonna try and give it a more proper ending, but first I have to get there.

Last edited by CaptainPastHisPrime on Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:44 pm 

Wow, that's awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:04 pm 

Okay, here's a recap of what happened in Happy Malloween thus far: Homestar and Pom Pom were walking along, Homestar babbling away at an "adventure" they're going on. Meanwhile, Strong Bad and his posse lie in wait behind the Stick for Homestar to arrive, planning to jump him, egg him and swipe his candy. When he comes by, they leap out, but they never counted on Pom Pom being with him and he glowers at them. SB tries to explain himself, but then suddenly the screen distorts while a translucent version of Marshie appears. And SB and his posse are perplexed by what has happened. You can read the whole script in my last post in this thread.

(The screen cuts to Homestar and Pom Pom arriving at Marzipan's house. Homestar knocks on the door with his head, like what happened in "3 Times Halloween Funjob". The door opens and the duo see Marzipan, only it's not really Marzipan, just that cardboard rendering of her that Homestar created, which is decked out in the costume the real Marzipan will be seen wearing.)

:hr: Marzipan! Twik or treat!

(No answer; total silence.)

:hr: Ahem! Maarrzipaaan! Twiiik or treeeat!

(Still no answer; total silence; crickets chirp. He walks up to the rendering and tries to puppet it.)

:hr: That costume is so not you, Marzipan. (imitating Marzipan, puppeting the cutout) Yeah, well, yours is certainly not perfect itself.

:pom: (bubbling disappointedly)

(Suddenly, the toon messes up again and again, Marshie appears.)

MARSHIE: Hahahaha... Muhahaha! You can't destroy meeee...! I told youuuu.... I'm going to take that...!

(He sucks in Homestar and Pom Pom's candies.)

:hr: Holy crap!!

:sb: (in distance) Hey, that's MY line!

:hr: It's like all my nightmares about marshmallows have come true at once!

(Pom Pom charges forward to battle Marshie. Pom Pom leaps high into the air to get at him, but Marshie simply inhales through his mouth Kirby-style and sucks in Pom Pom. Marshie then grows bigger and laughs evilly, his voice becoming deeper and more evil.)

MARSHIE: (deep, rumbling voice) Boogidy-boogidy!!! I'll scare you ALL!!!!!! Now, why don't you enjoy my Fluffity Puffity marshalade... it's... EVERYWHEREEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

(With that, millions of marshmallows, some white and some in black and some in orange (the black and orange ones are there since it's Halloween), appear and rain down to the ground. Homestar screams and runs off. The camera cuts to Bubs' Concession Stand, where you, for once, see the inside. Everyone, sans Marzipan (unless you count the cardboard rendering Homestar made) and Pom Pom, is cowering under the main counter. From the main counter window, Marshie running amok outside, showering the area with white, orange and black marshmallows, laughing evilly. The Cheat is beside Strong Bad, as is Strong Mad.)

:cheat: (whimpering)

:sb: You're right, The Cheat. I never liked that guy, either. I always knew he wasn't all there, but this is ridiculous!

(Homestar is looking the other way to Strong Sad (also in his costume), the Marzipan cardboard drawing next to him.)

:sad: Homestar, you don't seemed too worried about the fact that Marzipan and Pom Pom are missing.

:hr: What're you talkin' about? I lost Pom Pom to that fweakin' marshmallow, but Marzipan's right here. (He puppets the cardboard rendering, trying to imitate Marzipan) No, Homestar, Strong Sad is right, I am missing.

:sad: See?

:sb: Just let it go already, Dumbo.

(Cut to Coach Z, in his costume, cowering between Bubs, also in his costume, and Strong Bad.)

:coachz: I orlways knew I'd die alorne ("orlways" means "always"; "alorne" means "alone").

:sb: Coach, you call this "alone"? You're surrounded by almost every character here.

(Cut to the King of Town and the Poopsmith, both in their respective costumes, cowering under the counter.)

:kot: I always knew I'd die by homicidal food, but I never knew it would be marshmallows. I never saw THAT coming. (His voice turns sad and the next bit of dialogue sounds like he's crying) Doo hoo hoo...

(During this time, you can click on the Poopsmith's head and if you do, you'll trigger an extra scene with Homsar in his costume, also cowering under the counter.)

:homsar: I think we should do this more often!

(If you don't trigger the scene with Homsar, then the following scene plays after the scene with the KOT and the Poopsmith (and thus Homsar will, as always, be left out of the Halloween costume group shot at the end); if you do trigger Homsar, that same following scene plays after Homsar is seen (and Homsar will be included at the end). The scene that follows is of Bubs, who leaps up from under the counter with a brave and determined look on his face.)

:bubs: Hey, wait a minute! What is WRONG with us?! Let's defend ourselves, instead of just loafing around, waiting for the inevitable!

(Bubs takes the shotgun he used to destroy the computer virus (you know, from SB's computer virus episode that cost him the Compy) and cocks it.)

:sm: (getting up) LET'S HURT SOMETHING!!

(All the characters run out, grouped together like an angry mob, complete with torches and pitchforks. Bubs has his shotgun. They run toward a GIANT Marshie, with red glowing eyes and a deep voice deeper than ever now. He is so gigantic, he is as big as a 40-story building.)

MARSHIE: (deep, rumbling, echoing voice) Awwww... SNAP!!! (The mob stops running) WHHHHAAATTT DOOOOO YOOOUU WAAAAANNNT?!??!!?!

:sb: (nervous, stammering) N-n-nothing... nothing at all. We were just leaving... so... um... see ya!

(Strong Bad tries to run away, but Bubs cuts him off.)

:bubs: We're not goin' anywhere!

(Bubs aims his shotgun at Marshie. Cut to an extreme close-up of an enraged Bubs' face.)

:bubs: This is the end of the line for you, cottonball...

(Marshie inhales through his mouth Kirby-style again and sucks up Bubs' shotgun. Bubs takes a step back in surprise. Next, Marshie sucks up the cardboard rendering of Marzipan Homestar still had with him.)

:hr: (stunned) Marzipan! NOOOOO!!! (crying) She was so young... (He then gets brave and furious) Okay, fweakin' robot, you asked for it! First, you stole my job in the Fluffy Puff commercial and now you've kidnapped my girlfriend! Well, I'm putting a stop to this old-school style. Homestarrrr... RUN!!!

(He leaps into the air in the same way as from the very early toon in which he battled Strong Bad in the boxing ring. But he, too, gets sucked up by Marshie.)

:sb: Whoa, that was awesome.

:cheat: (angry The Cheat noises)

:sb: I mean, that was horrible. (to himself) I can't believe I'm saying this after all these years. (sarcastic wailing) Come back, Homestar! We can't live without yoooouuu...!

(Strong Bad leaps toward Marshie, who just sucks him up. Marshie then sucks up all the other characters, who are all running for their lives. Then he sucks up all the scenery until the whole screen is white. Finally, he turns his attention toward the camera, which he then sucks up as well. The camera gets sucked into Marshie's mouth.)

Well, that is it for now. Next time, I will try and create the final part of this crazy Halloween toon. Maybe you can give me a hand.

Last edited by CaptainPastHisPrime on Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:42 pm 

:sb: AHHHHHH.... um... Now what?
:hr: We can sing a song!
:sb: Homestar, I don't think that wi-
:hr: *Begins singing*

And if you wanted to add another easter egg:
Another thing would be funny, like:
:homsar: HAaAaAllOoOoOo, Marshie-Man!
Marshie: MOMMY! I'M SCARED!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:21 am 

WillPmaster wrote:
clever_dan wrote:
:homsar: He won't make an appearance.

Yes he will you dingbat he always shows since 2001

(Invalid point no.324)

He wasn't in this year's toon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:27 am 

AbuGrape45 wrote:
WillPmaster wrote:
clever_dan wrote:
:homsar: He won't make an appearance.

Yes he will you dingbat he always shows since 2001

(Invalid point no.324)

He wasn't in this year's toon.

He was so! He appeared in Jibblies 2 as the Noony-Noony-Noo typewriter character from "Sesame Street". As always, to trigger the Homsar scene, all you have to do is click on the Poopsmith's head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:32 am 

Wow! I didn't think there was an easter egg at the end of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:12 pm 

AbuGrape45 wrote:

This means tink before you act and cans some expains the relationship of all the costumes for each charters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:17 pm 

ImageImage
here a though what do you think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:51 pm 

WillPmaster wrote:

Don't say things like that! The Grammar Police will come and get you and put you in the electric chair! And it's not even the good kind of electric chair like the kind that vibrates!

Run, man, run!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:37 pm 

Well, here's a recap of Happy Malloween: Homestar and Pom Pom were going trick-or-treating and were ambushed, as a prank, by Strong Bad and his posse, but then Marshie momentarily appeared. Then the duo headed to Marzipan's house, only to not really find her there, just the cardboard rendering made by Homestar of her. Then Marshie appeared again. When Marshie sucked up their candies, Kirby style, Homestar and Pom Pom tried to fight, but Marshie sucked up Pom Pom. Homestar had to retreat. We find the other characters hiding and cowering inside Bubs' Concession Stand. Bubs then tells everyone to take a stand against Marshie. So they all come out, but Marshie just sucks them all up and then the scenery and finally the camera. The camera goes into his mouth and into complete darkness. So now it's time to resolve this cliffhanger in this exciting conclusion of my idea for the 2008 Halloween toon: Happy Malloween!

(The camera gets sucked by Marshie. And inside, there is a white swirly Vertigo-style vortex. We find the characters and all the scenery all floating around inside, surrounded by LOTS of candies from the H*R line of work, including some obscure candies you don't see anymore, including the real old candies like Fluffy Puff Air-Puffed Sugar Delights and Delicious Bags. Echoing tones of Marshie's dialogue is heard every now and again ("Aww, SNAP!", "Sup, fools?", "Yowza! Guess who birfday it is!", etc.). Meanwhile, the characters, still in their Halloween costumes, are seen floating in a white vortex of marshmallows and Homestar candies. Strong Bad, Strong Mad and The Cheat look around.)

:sb: Where are we anyways?

:sb: Well, I knew that. I just never knew that this is what the inside of a marshmallow was like. But why is it so white on Halloween?

:coachz: Yeah, shouldn't the maershmorllows be blork and aerange ("maershmorllows" means "marshmallows"; "blork" means "black"; "aerange" means "orange")?

(Suddenly, as if on cue, the swirls, and the marshmallows all turn black and orange, while Marshie says...)

MARSHIE: (echoing) Boogidy-boogidy! I'll scare your dad!

:sb: Man, as if I didn't think that was annoying enough already...

MARSHIE: (echoing) You can't destroy me...!

:sb: Now what're we gonna do?

(Homestar, meanwhile, found the cardboard cutout of Marzipan. He puppets it.)

:hr: (imitating Marzipan) We can sing a song. (normal voice) That's a great idea, Marzipan!

:sb: Homestar, how can you think of singing at a time like...

(But it's too late; Homestar starts singing the song that he would sing if you decided to do that to get the stirring utensil from Bubs in the 2005 Halloween toon.)

:hr: (singing awfully, with off-key organ music plays) Backyard peaches! Treats come true! Karate summer! What wouldja do? The world is the egg and diapers come true...!

(The other characters all groan and cover their ears. Suddenly, they hear someone else picking on Homestar's song. A feminine voice. Homestar looks offscreen. It's Marzipan, in her Halloween costume, playing Homestar's song on her guitar, Carol.)

:marzi: That was great, Homestar. I didn't know you could sing.

:hr: Marzipan? MARZIPAN!!

(The other characters and Homestar all float toward her through the vortex. Pom Pom is beside her.)

:hr: Aw, I didn't know the marshmallow sucked you up, too! Why didn't you tell me that?

:marzi: Well, how was I to know? I was just off picketing about how Halloween is being too commercial these days and the marshmallow sucked me up, because he objected to my ideas. And before he sucked me up, he also sucked up that guy over there.

(She looks to her left.)

:hr: What guy?

:marzi: That guy!

(The cast looks offscreen. Cut to the Goblin floating around, his usual organ ditty playing.)

:sb: How do we get out of here?

:marzi: Well, I've actually thought of that. And what I did was I created the polar opposite of Fluffy Puff Marshmallows, which is none other than that potion Homestar made for me a few years back. I still have it.

:bubs: Now hold up, Marzi, doesn't that edible cottonball know that? I thought we couldn't destroy him.

:marzi: We're not gonna destroy him intentionally, just try to get ourselves and everything else in here out... although if we could destroy him, that would be wonderful! I don't like him either myself.

(She takes out her cauldron full of the potion from 2005 and she pours out the potion. It falls through the vortex and lands on a white floor. Marshie suddenly starts coughing and gagging and then he lets out a great big sneeze (similar to Monstro the whale in "Pinocchio"). The force of the sneeze is so great that it sends the characters smashing into each other and zooming about as they fly out of Marshie's mouth and into the white background. The giant, red-eyed, vampire-costume-clad Marshie is seen floating before the white background when he sneezes and the wind from his mouth shoots out and the wind covers the screen. When at last the dust settles, the sky is nighttime once again and everything is back to normal.)

:sb: Whoa! Everything is back to normal! We're saved!

:cheat: (The Cheat noises, as if cheering)

:sad: Oh, how glorious.

(Meanwhile, Marshie is shrinking back to his regular size that one would see on TV. He cowers in fear at everyone, looking at him hungrily. Cut to the King of Town and the Poopsmith.)

:kot: Doo! I could just eat you up.

MARSHIE: No! Stay back!

(Here, you can click on the Poopsmith's head to see ANOTHER Easter egg with Homsar, who also eyes Marshie hungrily.)

:homsar: HAaAaAllOoOoOo, Marshie-man!

MARSHIE: Mommy, I'm scared!!

(Again, if you see the Homsar scene, the following scene will play after that; but if you don't click the Poopsmith and see it, it will just go to the next scene. Cut to Strong Bad and his posse.)

:sb: Let's eat him, so he'll never annoy-slash-bother anyone again!

MARSHIE: No! Stay away! I'm scared!

(Marshie zips away, screaming. The characters all give chase as Marshie zips away over the horizon, the characters all giving chase. The screen fades to black and you see the word, "End", written using black and orange marshmallows all stacked around each other. Then the screen fades back in to reveal the usual screen of all the characters standing around in the middle of the night field in their costumes. And in Homsar's case, if you clicked him either or both times in the toon, he will appear with everyone else, but as with all H'ween toons, if you don't trigger his scene at either time, he won't appear.)

All right, next time, I will explain the clickable characters at the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:39 pm 

WillPmaster wrote:
ImageImage

What?

Also don't double post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:52 pm 

WillPmaster wrote:
AbuGrape45 wrote:

This means tink before you act and cans some expains the relationship of all the costumes for each charters

You should think before you act... I don't know what "cans some expains the relationship of all the costumes for each charters" means.

Ease back. I'd always thought that in Halloween toons there were no easter eggs because of the fact that you're clicking on the costumes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:53 pm 

oh someone for Rokey's mododer life and space gost cost to cost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:02 pm 

WillPmaster wrote:
oh someone for Rokey's mododer life and space gost cost to cost

I know who they are. Also listen to Grape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:56 am 

At the end of Happy Malloween, like all Halloween toons, there is a group photo of all the characters in their costumes. You can move the mouse over the character to see what the characters are supposed to be. And as always, some of the characters have dialogue that is triggered when you click on them. On the past toons, the clickable characters were (starting in 2002):

Pumpkin Carve-nival (2002)
  • Homestar Runner (the real one)

3 Times Halloween Funjob (2003)
  • Strong Bad
  • The Cheat
  • Strong Sad
  • Marzipan
  • Bubs
  • Coach Z
  • The Poopsmith

Halloween Fairstival (2004)
  • Homestar Runner
  • Strong Bad
  • The Cheat
  • Pom Pom
  • Marzipan
  • Bubs

Halloween Potion-ma-jig (2005)
  • Homestar Runner
  • Strong Bad
  • The Cheat
  • Pom Pom
  • Marzipan
  • Coach Z
  • Bubs

Happy Hallow-day (2006)
  • Strong Bad
  • The Cheat
  • Strong Sad
  • Marzipan

Jibblies 2 (2007)
  • Homestar Runner
  • Strong Bad
  • Strong Sad
  • Marzipan
  • Bubs
  • The King of Town
  • The Poopsmith

So for Happy Malloween, I will have the clickable characters be:
  • Homestar Runner
  • Strong Bad
  • Strong Mad
  • Pom Pom
  • Marzipan
  • Bubs
  • The King of Town

The dialogue would be arranged thus, but before I explain, a quick recap of the characters' costumes in Happy Malloween:

:hr: as Ferris Bueller
:sb: as Gene Simmons
:cheat: as Potato Chip Popple
:sm: as E. Honda
:sad: as Sean Nelson
:pom: as Norm Peterson
:marzi: as Judy Jetson
:coachz: as Darryl (DMC) McDaniels
:bubs: as Eddie from "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"
:kot: as Franken-Berry
:poop: as Dr. Hans Reinhardt
:homsar: as Waldo

The characters are standing around in a nighttime version of the Field, with little orange and black marshmallows scattered all over. Anyway, here's the dialogue scenes:

Click on Homestar and the dialogue will be this:
:sb: (referring to Homestar's Ferris Bueller costume, talking like that teacher guy in the movie played by Ben Stein) Homestar? ... Homestar? ... Homestar?
:hr: Yeah, Strong-o Bad-o?
:sb: Don't dress up as a hooky player next year.

Click on Strong Bad and the dialogue will be this:
:hr: Hey, Strong Bad! Nice overly-used makeup guy's costume there!
:sb: Could you be a little more specific?
:bubs: He's Ozzy Osbourne!
:sb: No, guess again!
:sb: No, The Cheat, I'm not David Lee Roth from "Van Halen"! I'm Gene Simmons!
:sad: I like Gene Simmons. She was great in "Guys and Dolls"... and "Spartacus"... and "Elmer Gantry".
:sb: You keep out of this, Dumbo!

Click on Strong Mad and the dialogue will be this:
:coachz: Hey, Strong Mad, why did you shave off all that hair on the front of your body?
:sm: IT'S PART OF MY COSTUME! AND I DON'T WANT TO SPEAK ABOUT IT!
:sb: Yeah, so why don't leave the big guy alone, Coach?

Click on Pom Pom and the dialogue will be this:
:hr: Hey, Pom Pom, I like your detective outfit.
:pom: (irritated bubbling)
:hr: Oh, sorry. My error. I thought you were a detective.

Click on Marzipan and the dialogue will be this:
:hr: Hey, Marzi, I like your "stereotypical-teenage-girl-from-the-future" costume. You're probably fawnin' all over boys, eh? Well, I know a boy right here.
:marzi: Ew, Homestar! You're disgusting! We've officially broken up now.
:hr: Sounds like a plan!

Click on Bubs and the dialogue will be this:
:sb: Hey, Bubs, what're you, Elvis or a Hell's Angels reject?
:bubs: I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that!
:sb: So I guess your plan is to once again make doubly sure no one whatsoever can recognize your costume?
:bubs: I'll give you three guesses; the first two don't count.

And click on The King of Town and the dialogue will be this:
:hr: Hey, Your Majesty, nice Cyberman outfit!
:kot: You amateur, do you know what you're talkin' about? I'm a food guy. I like to be a food guy sometimes on Halloween. This food guy's cereal only comes out at Halloween nowadays.

So tell me, what do you think? And forgive me if they're poor; I'm not very good at those "what're-you-supposed-to-be?" dialogues. Anyway, what do you think?

Last edited by CaptainPastHisPrime on Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:07 am 

Homestar Runner as Obscure television or movie character
Bubs as Something no one can recognise
Coach Z as Rapper
The Poopsmith as Sci-fi character
The Cheat as Cartoon character
Strong Mad as Big character or athlete
Marzipan as The Arts character (music and culture)
The King of Town as Food-related character
Strong Bad as Different obscure television or movie character
Pom Pom as Character the wiki has a running gag page about
Strong Sad as Monochromatic character
Homsar as Something else no one can recognise

Additionally, any one person will only be able to recognise a maximum of four costumes.

I think I've hit it squarely on the head. This is why they tell you at the end of the toon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:56 am 

DorianGray wrote:
Coach Z as Rapper

Best list ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:22 pm 

DorianGray wrote:

Additionally, any one person will only be able to recognise a maximum of four costumes.

I think I've hit it squarely on the head. This is why they tell you at the end of the toon.

I think someone else posted on another thread about the types of costumes the characters were and I think that someone else viewed Bubs' costumes as "someone who's physical and/or mental appearance speaks for itself."

Marzipan also sometimes dresses as a male The Arts character if she has to, which is what she did in 2001, 2004, 2005 and 2007.

However, the King of Town doesn't always dress as a food-related character. Only four times out of eight has he been someone related directly with food, but in 2001, 2002, 2004 and 2007, he did not do this.

As for Homsar, he dresses up in what I call a wild card costume.

On any given toon, BTW, usually the most I can guess right off the bat are three or four costumes. In this toon, for example, the only ones I recognized automatically without waiting till the end were the ones by Strong Bad, The Poopsmith and, to a lesser extent, the Stick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:50 pm 

I have the perfect costume for Poopsmith...

THE PREDATOR!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:58 pm 

Boonetrooper wrote:
I have the perfect costume for Poopsmith...

THE PREDATOR!!

I'm pretty sure that's what you mean, but are you referring to the movie series with Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Another good costume idea for the Poopsmith could be a Cyberman of Dr. Who fame.

I think also that a lot of the characters could dress as characters from The Jetsons. For instance, Marzipan could be Judy and The Cheat could be Elroy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:46 pm 

DorianGray wrote:
Coach Z as Rapper

Finailly thank this is what I wanted you twits
:kot: what about mario and al sharton
:pom: ???
:sad: what does Monochromatic mean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:53 pm 

WillPmaster wrote:
:sad: what does Monochromatic mean
Consisting only of different shades and tints of one colour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:14 pm 

WillPmaster, haven't you been listening when everyone tells you to use proper grammar here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:56 am 

And when they tell you not to insult people for no reason? If they have been doing that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:43 am 

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:
So tell me, what do you think? And forgive me if they're poor; I'm not very good at those "what're-you-supposed-to-be?" dialogues. Anyway, what do you think?

Mmgood.

You should dress up cardboard marzipan though, and you click on her, and:

:marzi: Homestar, why do you still have that thing out?
:hr: *Turns to cardboard marzipan* Don't listen to her, Marzipan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next