5/5: Awesome 20%  20%  [ 19 ]
4/5: Pretty cool. 33%  33%  [ 31 ]
3/5: Mediocre. 26%  26%  [ 24 ]
2/5: Poor. 17%  17%  [ 16 ]
1/5: Awful 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 94
 Post subject: Re: Trudgemank
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:33 am 

I agree that I actually respect TBC's music in its own right, i.e. as more than just a form of parody. I actually enjoy it, for the most part. "Because It's Midnite" is pretty enjoyable to listen to, among others.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:35 am 

"Because It's Midnite" actually is a pretty decent song, but the lyrics are crap XD.
I love TBC's music anyways though. Just something cool about it!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:26 pm 

If I had never heard of H*R and I heard Because It's Midnight, I would probably still like it. It's a good song by itself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:30 am 

Xtermenator wrote:
Radiohead rules.

Anywhoo this too wasn't a classic like the latest cheat commandoes toon or for kids, or actually the majority of their toons. But it didn't suck. And I kind of don't understand why everyone hates this song so much. "Oh wheh, and the lyrics are meaningless", "Oh wheh, and rap and metal don't mix", "Oh wheh, and after making this song TBC are going downhill".
No, they're not. I'd say they've gone increasingly uphill for the last ten years. And also, I'm pretty sure TBC doesn't try to make good songs. That's kinda the joke. This song was complete garbage. That's why I like it. Rap song had pathetic/hilarious lyrics. That's why I like it. Even Trogdor was meant to be laughable.

Nobody in this thread has said that TBC are going downhill. How come every time there's a negative comment on the cartoon, the over-the-top fanboys automatically assume this? It was just a lame cartoon, they've made and will make better, so don't get your panties in a bunch!

As mentioned, if it had been Limozeen with PCP it probrably would have been a lot better, and probrably even an implied drug reference because of Peacey's name, tying in with the 80's hair band parody. But oh well, I'm not rooting for that or anything, I'm just making a hypothetical analysis here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:50 pm 

Sorry to bring this thread up from the dead but I had a few thoughts to share.

I think it is funny people get mad when others disagree on how good/bad a single cartoon is. Relax people it some one digs it and you don't you don't have to jump all over them.

Anyway I found Trudgemank funny as heck. Maybe it is an age thing; nickshorts said he is 27 and he should get the joke but really he is too young. I am 6 years older and I was 15 when Anthrax and Public Enemy put out "Bring the Noise" so he would have been 9. Then there was the movie Judgment Night when I was 17 (he was 11) that had a rock/rap soundtrack with bands like Helmet & House Of Pain, Biohazard & Onyx, and Slayer and Ice-T. Not to mention Ice T had a metal band called Body Count that put out the infamous CopKiller single. Really this is a joke for people in their late teens in the early 90s.

I am down with the Trudgemank!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:37 pm 

Wow...Tv tropes was right about this.Is real Nightmare Fuel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:59 pm 

Once I read what they were saying, this was epic. 5/5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:21 pm 

this is a delayed reaction but can someone make that slithering meat into a gif. i would be so happy! i would but i dont know how too . :-D