Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: The Li'l Brudder Show
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:17 am 

It's up and it's awesome. I love when TBC does something other than e-mails (and lately they've been doing a lot of cool updates). I thought this was amusing. The fact that Li'l Brudder is the lovechild of a dog and a unicycle cracked me up. I didn't expect him to sound like a hillbilly, but life is full of surprises. Anyone else want to throw in their two cents?

[Edit by InterruptorJones]

This is the part where you post a link.. such as this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:34 am 

I think it was kinda sick. I don't really like black humour. Li'l Brudder's voice is totally not what I expected it to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:10 am 

nah, i didnt like the voice either. he musta got quite a friction burn from that 200m dash. ouch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:23 am 

I can't say I was much of a fan - either of the voice or of the intro music or of Homestar doing... whatever he was doing.

But I do like it when the BC do something new.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:50 am 

Eh, the concept wasn't really all that great, and I think TBC just took a random character nobody actually wanted to see be made another toon about....

However, you have to admit, Homestar flying up in the air crying and being "BLAH BLAH BLAH, LIL BURDDER!!" was pretty dang hilarious. SB snoring with yet another new expression surprised me as well.

6/10 :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:07 am 

It was so-so. Good to see Lil Brudder again, though.

I thought it was hilarious when Homestar cried like that and how Strong Bad snoring. Also, this is yet another cartoon with SB's Couch Mumbling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:28 am 

Although the actual show wasn't too cool, the part at the end was hilarious.

7/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:38 am 

It was alright, something totally unexpected and of all of the characters in the H*R universe, they had to choose Lil' Brudder.

But, the show/theme song part sucked, Homestar crying is always a plus and of course SB and the C sleepin. Lil Brudders voice was a bit redneckish, then again, the hole in the tooth could be a dead giveaway and the fact that TBC are from Georgia.

The easter egg was the funniest part though. (laughs at parrot with no feet fall face flat).

RATING: 6.5/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:44 am 

Wasn't that just a big refrence to courage the cowardly dog? Who I belive also worked with They Might Be Giants...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:51 am 

Yeah, when I first sall that whole, I thought of Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:15 am 

So random...this one could be offencive to some people. It was kinda sick... but It was funny to see Homestar crying again! :cheatgrin:

Lemme see .... 6.6/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:46 am 

Well, I found the whole thing repeditive. I didn't like crying, and I don't like this. 3/10, for Stong Bad and The Cheat sleeping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:55 am 

Haha, I liked it. Crying is one of my fav emails, so this made my day. But yeah, I have a feeling that some people might get upset about this one. My girlfriend's roomate watched Crying and didn't like it cause she thought it was cruel to animals, so I can only imagine what she'll say about this. Ah well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:16 pm 

Well I thought it was fantastic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:28 pm 

I'd say that was a flop. I didn't even crack a smile. Homestar looked he broke his back in those convultion things. lil' brudder was much cuter in the drawing that SB did. I didn't like the voice or how he looked. I liked how the cheat and SB were laying on the couch.

So now I guess SB has two of his creations of his on TV, Sweet Cuppin cakes and this...thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:34 pm 

Yeah, it was sorta annoying, although the ending part with homestar flying though the air going "BLAH BLAH BLAH!" Was like....the funnyest thing ever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:49 pm 

Homestar crying was teh funnyz0r.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:55 pm 

I thought it was great. Especially since I got to see what SB looks like with his eyes closed!! I once sent him an email asking why he never closes his eyes. Possible inspiration?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:11 pm 

I thought it was pretty cool. His voice SUCKED though.

8/10.

I liked the easter egg. too.
Tendafoot wrote:
Wait...is your name pills?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:15 pm 

Location: At The Eastmost Peninsula in the toilet of my heart
Meh. :cheat: It didn't captivate my interest at the beginning. Lil' Brudder's voice kinda gave me the creeps. Until the shot at Strong Bad's basement came, I was afraid I wasn't gonna find anything good in this. Homestar's cries and Strong Bad sleeping have boosted the score up to 6.5/10.

All in all, I'm just glad we have the short toons section's still alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:34 pm 

I didn't think it was that great either... It was very distasteful, too. But I'd give it a 2/10, just for Homestar's bawling. Possibly the worst short yet, in my opinion. But at least they got to something besides Strong Bad's emails- that in itself is a plus.

Post subject: hrm
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:46 pm 

I just think the Li'l Brudder isn't an idea you can really expand on. When strong bad did it it was insanly funny, but this Li'l brudder cartoon was just sad. I felt like Homestar watching it. Although, I did like the theme song, but Li'l Brudder's voice did creep me out. Why did he have to be a redneck. He is more redeeming if he has a cute sad little voice.

The thing that saved the entire toon for me was the easter egg when they are talking about dumb stuff and then just at the end the parrot that doesn't have legs just falls over with a thud. For some reason that made me laugh pretty loud. Don't know why, but just that it was funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:17 pm 

I didn't get much amusement from this toon. Lil' Brudders voice was pretty creepy (in that his voice didn't capture the sadness of the poor dog) and the theme song was a bit too long and boring. Maybe if they presented it more as an episode with a more suitable voice for li'l brudder rather than just a theme song with no plot. Of course then it might take after the Limozeen-style show too much.

I don't mind the expansion of the one legged puppy's character... but I think it should have gone in another direction.

I did think Tendafoot's voice was funny, however.

Last edited by Seaborg on Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:19 pm 

It wasn't a flop in my opinion. Maybe this struck a wrong chord with some of you guys, but it had some moments. The basement scene was great thuogh. Seeing Homestar fly around crying was great. And Srong Bad sleeping...creepy. Did anyone elso notice that you could still see the green part of his eyes when Strong Bad slept? Freaky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:22 pm 

Strongbad snorring?! That's so cool. I agree, this wasn't the best. I love the homestar jibbily though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:40 pm 

I thought it was pretty funny, and I liked the little theme song, and it seems like it's the first time Matt's voice is recognizably him on the website, without putting on a voice, in the theme song that is.

I was a bit dissappointed at first that they skipped doing an email again in order to do a smaller update, but I realised it was probrably better because it actually made me laugh, most of the recent emails have failed to impress me, but then again it doesn't bother me too bad. I'm sort of expecting them to do another thing with the Limozeen cartoon, like with cheat commandos, it seems like they are subtly making Limozeen a bigger part of the website, but maybe that's just me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:16 pm 

Location: Next to that SPIDER ON YOUR SHOULDER! Ha, made ya look.
I shant emphasize much but I do have one thing to say about this short. BOOOOOOOWIIIIING!!!1

Check out my tale, and I promise to start posting again.

Post subject: lame lame lame
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:31 pm 

L'il Brudder isn't funny. It was ok in the context of an e-mail as a one-time only thing, but even then it was only Homestar's outrageous reaction that made it watchable at all. Add to that the grotesque hair and swiss cheese tooth... I think this cartoon even ruins the cuteness of the old e-mail.

If this was the best idea anyone had for this week, I would have rathered they work on more levels for the Stinkoman game. yeesh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:46 pm 

I really didn't need more of L'il Brudder. I mean, I gave it an honest chance, and now I'm even more convinced that I didn't need more of L'il Brudder. Even Homestar's extreme crying was little too over the top for my tastes. DALO Rating: Wha-Ho! Problematic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:24 pm 

I cracked a smile at the intro music. I was a bit confused at first, which I must admit, has been the norm as of late with the new toons. Ever since that god-foraken Lappy came in, everything throws me off until I watch it a few times.

I thought the concept was funny, but the update itself was so random. Crying was how long ago? Either way, I didn't like his voice, and I think those little hairs all over him almost made me throw up my breakfast. I loved Homestar crying, of course, and I loved the Easter Egg. That was actually the only time I laughed out loud at this toon. Just watching that parrot fall on its face was priceless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next