Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Sun May 26, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Big Toons concepts
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:32 am 

Here is where you can unload ideas for Big Toons. For me, I think they need to do an Old-Timey Big Toon (hey, they did it for Parsnips A-Plenty).

In this toon, which would be the first Old-Timey toon fully colorized (albeit badly faded to mimic those public domain cartoons), it would be "released" in 1942 and be themed to WWII. It would parody war propaganda. I'm thinking of a plot similar to Strong Badia The Free, which features an advancement on the Kaiser. Two different "allies" would try to take him down. The Homestar Runner would probably represent America (and probably spoof Private Snafu). Sir Strong Bad, meanwhile, would probably represent Russia (he already has a mustache like Stalin) and also communism (he would be assisted not only The Sneak and the Strong Man, but also by a miraculously-revived Rumble Red).

So what Big Toon concepts have you got, if any?

Post subject: Re: Big Toons concepts
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:36 pm 

Location: The forum, the wiki, the other wiki, the other other wiki, the...
As I might have said earlier in the Ween 09 thread, I had thought of one where everyone got switch'd, and guess who saves them in a alternate universe-esque manner? None other than the Cheat Commandos. (it would be Blue Laser that switched the characters)

Also, perhaps an episode of Whaddya Know, Haddi-Man? would be good.

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:
In this toon, which would be the first Old-Timey toon fully colorized (albeit badly faded to mimic those public domain cartoons), it would be "released" in 1942 and be themed to WWII. It would parody war propaganda. I'm thinking of a plot similar to Strong Badia The Free, which features an advancement on the Kaiser. Two different "allies" would try to take him down. The Homestar Runner would probably represent America (and probably spoof Private Snafu). Sir Strong Bad, meanwhile, would probably represent Russia (he already has a mustache like Stalin) and also communism (he would be assisted not only The Sneak and the Strong Man, but also by a miraculously-revived Rumble Red).

Just plain awexome.

Also, in the manner of Meet Marshie and Mr. Shmallow, I was thinking of Konichiwa, Ricey, starring Marshie's 20X6 form, which, in keeping with bad anime cliche standards, would be a riceball.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:27 am 

I would luv... luv luv luv, if they made a full episode of The Homestar Runner Mysfit-steries.

Especially if it ended with Homestar and Strongbad on the couch commenting on what they just watched - like at the end of the Sweet Cuppi'n Cakes Decemberween episode.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 am 

SnappySoda wrote:
I would luv... luv luv luv, if they made a full episode of The Homestar Runner Mysfit-steries.

Especially if it ended with Homestar and Strongbad on the couch commenting on what they just watched - like at the end of the Sweet Cuppi'n Cakes Decemberween episode.

More toons need that commentary anyway. The recent 20X6 toon could've used it.

And I second your other idea, too.

Teenage Marzipan: Stampers! Now we'll see who the Bad Graphics Ghost really is! {pulls off the mask, revealing the King of Town}

Everyone: Old Man Municipality!?

Teenage Strong Bad: Then those scary sounds we heard--

Teenage Homestar: --Was just his stomach growling!

Teenage Strong Bad: I told you there was no such thing as "mysterious".

Teenage Strong Mad: WHAT ABOUT THE SPOOKY LIGHTS?

Teenage Marzipan: You just brushed against the lightswitch rave switch in his computer room! {flicks lights demonstrating}

Teenage Homestar: He must've wanted to scare everyone away from their emails, so they wouldn't hear about the pie-eating contest. He could have all the pies himself.

Old Man Municipality: And I woulda gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling dumb animal characters, and your yellow dog!

The Cheat: {pops up from behind the gang, and makes The Cheat noises}

Everyone: {laughs even though nothing funny happened}

{iris out}

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:15 am 

And since this show spoofs stereotypical teen shows by Hanna-Barbera (with a group of teens accompanied by an anthropomorphic animal), why not have The Cheat be this show's equivalent of Scooby-Doo? Maybe he could be called something like... Cheaty-Dee...?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:56 am 

Location: Somewhere, Far Away From The Rainbow... A.K.A. England
DorianGray wrote:

Teenage Marzipan: You just brushed against the lightswitch rave switch in his computer room! {flicks lights demonstrating}

Teenage Homestar: He must've wanted to scare everyone away from their emails, so they wouldn't hear about the pie-eating contest. He could have all the pies himself.

Yeah, and the computer in the room should be a VERY early computer. Like, one of the huge ones!

'I still don't understand women, but I think when they yell 'HAAIII' it means they like the dress they're wearing.'

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:06 pm 

And maybe...
Teenage Strong Bad:Come on you guys! The ghost has to be it this house!
Teenage Marzipan:Look! Footprints!
Teenage Homestar:It makes powfect sense that we'd find footpwints inside this house.

Then they find the ghost and they have one of those chase scenes and Homestar comes up with a crazy trap to catch him!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:24 pm 

What about one where Homsar wins a $1,000,000 prize on a gaming show by answering, "What year was the song 'Wanted Dead or Alive' published?" And he'd answer, "A song from the seventies!", everyone bribes him for some money, refuses to, and eventually spends it on a "Kath and Kim" DVD...and it would go with my idea of a Homsar cartoon! :homsar:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:53 pm 

And since this show spoofs stereotypical teen shows by Hanna-Barbera (with a group of teens accompanied by an anthropomorphic animal), why not have The Cheat be this show's equivalent of Scooby-Doo? Maybe he could be called something like... Cheaty-Dee...?

I want The Cheat to "meh" in the sound of Jabberjaw's laugh. "Nyuck nyuck nyuck!"

Coach z's cool wrote:
Then they find the ghost and they have one of those chase scenes and Homestar comes up with a crazy trap to catch him!

The chase scene is required to have one of the following:
1.) Running in and out of different doors, or
2.) Popping their heads out of different barrels.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:25 pm 

Or even better:Both!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:44 pm 

ThePapersmith wrote:
As I might have said earlier in the Ween 09 thread, I had thought of one where everyone got switch'd, and guess who saves them in a alternate universe-esque manner? None other than the Cheat Commandos. (it would be Blue Laser that switched the characters)

Also, perhaps an episode of Whaddya Know, Haddi-Man? would be good.

Just plain awexome.

Also, in the manner of Meet Marshie and Mr. Shmallow, I was thinking of Konichiwa, Ricey, starring Marshie's 20X6 form, which, in keeping with bad anime cliche standards, would be a riceball.

Raici the Onigiri (I changed Ricey's name to look more japanese)?

HREMAILS ALL THE WAY!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:51 am 

SnappySoda wrote:
Coach z's cool wrote:

The chase scene is required to have one of the following:
1.) Running in and out of different doors, or
2.) Popping their heads out of different barrels.

Two other chase scene requirements:
1. They end up behind the monster, and everyone stops for a moment, puzzled. Then the monster yells, and they realise and run the other way.
2. A groovy soundtrack playing behind the scene

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:03 am 

i say that a big toon in the year of 2008 is highly unlikely

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:59 am 

High Skool Artist wrote:

I think this depends on how you categorise holiday toons. Even TBC have released toons recently labelled as "holiday short"s.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:50 pm 

High Skool Artist wrote:

What does that have to do with anything? Anyway, I say the new holiday toon counts as a big toon, same with the Halloween toon.

A good idea would be a full episode of "Whaddya Know Haddi-Man?" The toon ends after the " 1 2 3" song starts to play.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:41 am 

pinkysmith wrote:
High Skool Artist wrote:

What does that have to do with anything? Anyway, I say the new holiday toon counts as a big toon, same with the Halloween toon.

A good idea would be a full episode of "Whaddya Know Haddi-Man?" The toon ends after the " 1 2 3" song starts to play.

Or mabye it starts with the 49th 1 2 3 and then the 50th then the rest of it starts.

'I still don't understand women, but I think when they yell 'HAAIII' it means they like the dress they're wearing.'

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:48 pm 

Homsar Runner wrote:
pinkysmith wrote:

Or mabye it starts with the 49th 1 2 3 and then the 50th then the rest of it starts.

Best possible version: The toon plays about 3 "Stave It Offs", and then uses some filters to imitate the effect of eyelids fluttering closed. The screen goes black and snoring is heard for a few seconds. Then there's a jolt, the screen rapidly returns, and it finishes the 50th and cuts away to something else.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:56 pm 

DorianGray wrote:
Homsar Runner wrote:
pinkysmith wrote:

Best possible version: The toon plays about 3 "Stave It Offs", and then uses some filters to imitate the effect of eyelids fluttering closed. The screen goes black and snoring is heard for a few seconds. Then there's a jolt, the screen rapidly returns, and it finishes the 50th and cuts away to something else.

Oooooooh, me like, me like!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:55 pm 

Do you mean, something like this?
this si a fast drawning of mine. I can make it better.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:32 am 

How about an Old-Timey Strong Badia toon?

HREMAILS ALL THE WAY!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:40 am 

Nah, it sounds like all that could happen would be The Sneak trying to steal an old wagon wheel.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:41 am 

colinsbob wrote:
Do you mean, something like this?
this si a fast drawning of mine. I can make it better.

No, I don't want Old-Timey Strong Bad to resemble Hitler at all. I was thinking more along the lines of a battle against the Kaiser, who is already German.

But "Fight Against the Evil" sounds like an interesting name for an Old-Timey toon of this type. Maybe The Homestar Runner could parody Private Snafu.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:19 am 

I had an idea for one where Homestar goes missing and Coach Z and Pom Pom try to find him and they find him and he's naked and he said he's looking for his clothes. Which Coach Z wonders why would they be here. (Camera zoom out to show they're on the mooooooooooooooon)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:34 am 

How about a story like:

Everyone in town goes to a party out of town/ gets drunk and passes out at said party, (either or) and all the pseudo-characters get a spot light.
Arturo and the Lappy go on a date.
The New Paper and Frank Bennedetto hang out and vandalize Bub's place (somehow,) much to the dissaprovment of Mrs. Bennedetto.
Credenza protests The New Paper for wasting valuable trees in order to talk.
The Tire tries to cur the favor of Carol the Guitar.
and the Wagon Fulla Pancakes returns to say hello to his former pseudo-mates.
Of course, this idea has a one in a million chance of being used in any form, but I like it and thats my opinion.
Doot doo...doo.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:05 pm 

Maybe Homestar will have a Strong Badia-type place.

HREMAILS ALL THE WAY!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:19 pm 

What do you expect to happen? (?)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:53 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
What do you expect to happen? (?)

Probably something along the lines of Homezipan (to Marzipan's chagrin).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:23 pm 

How about a toon like The Best Caper Ever, but the mystery is the most random set of events, and the toon is shown in three parts. It shows how it all came about and such. It could also introduce a new character, like Strong Glad that TBC tossed around before.

The random set of events could be that:
Homestar is in space, thinking he's a banana,
Bubs' concession stand has gone,
Strong Mad has become tiny,
The Cheat is red with green stripes,
Marzipan has come back from a holiday in barbados with a broken leg and has the jibblies,
Strong Sad's brain is inside the Visor Robot,
The tire is now property of Coach Z,
Coach Z is now a superhero,
The Lappy has exploded,
Stinkoman is now in the real world,
The Old-Timey Homestar Runner is trapped in a cage in Strong Sad's room
and Strong Bad has lost his memory of the last week and has a bucket and bullhorn for hands.

So the toon would explain how this happened, like DNA Evidence. Sounds good eh?

Well, I tell ya, Sickle Cell, when it comes to the ladies, you gotta turn and run the other way, like you're facin' the defense of the Sheboygan Booteaters! Dames is trouble! T-R-U-double-E-Bubble! Hut one, hut two, and a hike!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:02 am 

nturnet wrote:
How about a toon like The Best Caper Ever, but the mystery is the most random set of events, and the toon is shown in three parts. It shows how it all came about and such. It could also introduce a new character, like Strong Glad that TBC tossed around before.

The random set of events could be that:
Homestar is in space, thinking he's a banana,
Bubs' concession stand has gone,
Strong Mad has become tiny,
The Cheat is red with green stripes,
Marzipan has come back from a holiday in barbados with a broken leg and has the jibblies,
Strong Sad's brain is inside the Visor Robot,
The tire is now property of Coach Z,
Coach Z is now a superhero,
The Lappy has exploded,
Stinkoman is now in the real world,
The Old-Timey Homestar Runner is trapped in a cage in Strong Sad's room
and Strong Bad has lost his memory of the last week and has a bucket and bullhorn for hands.

So the toon would explain how this happened, like DNA Evidence. Sounds good eh?

Dude, you gotta gimme some of the stuff your on man.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:28 pm 

I got an idea for a toon when I was trying to think of a way to put Pom Pom in something because, let's face it, he's not been in enough stuff lately. I came up with "Double Date", something where Homestar and Cardboard Marzipan go on a double date with Pom Pom and one of those girls with the Pom head.
(For simplicity's sake, I'm using :marzi: to mean Cardboard Marzipan.)

(The two couples are seated in Marshmallow's Last Stand. The plates of food are empty. Girl Pom is drinking a soft drink.)
:hr: Man you guys. That was probably the greatest boneless original recipe marshmallow I have ever had.
:marzi: Homestar! I want another Grass Clippings milkshake!
:hr: Oh Marzipan, you can get as many of those as you want! Just remember that you have to pay for them! He he, he, he...
:pom: *bubbles*
:hr: Yeah, she couldn't come. Turns out she's allergic to double dates and people food.
:pom: *angry bubbles*
:hr: No, I don't think she hates your scantily-clad girlfriend-of-the-week with every fiber of her body! I just think she would break out in hives or something if she came within ten feet of her...
(fade out to Opening Credits)

And that's all I got.

Favorite quote from latest toon: What latest toon?