| Homestar Runner Wiki Forum http://forum.hrwiki.org/ |
|
| Hremail 2000! http://forum.hrwiki.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15066 |
Page 1 of 4 |
| Author: | Bubsty [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | Hremail 2000! |
I guess this means the reign of Hremails is offically at hand? What do you think? Watch it! Wiki it! |
|
| Author: | Eric the orange [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:33 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
Meh, still not that great 2/5. |
|
| Author: | Cyberlink420 [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
I dunno, I personally thought it was better than last week's. 3/5. |
|
| Author: | Meneth [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:51 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
I laughed at the Shadow Homestar battle. For the rest of hremails, though: meh. |
|
| Author: | mr_josh [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:58 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
Well then, I s'pose I ought to not be a lurker anymore. I've lurked here for about a year, just because I think it's interesting to see what people have to say about the toons. I have been a pretty religious HR watcher for a few years, submitted many-a unanswered SBEmail. So imagine my surprise when I found my question addressed today! There's nothing stranger than seeing an email from Homestar Runner in your inbox. Anyway, I was kind of disheartened at the apparent discontinuation of the SBEmail empire, but over the last week or two I've had a chance to watch the first HREmail episode a few times and came to like it a lot. And now that my email has been answered, of course, I think it's the greatest thing ever and the entire site should revolve around it. jk jkBut anyway, cool community here, I look forward to reading more HREmail discussion. |
|
| Author: | DorianGray [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:47 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
This one was hilarious. I'm seriously going to start calling them "cow clips" myself from now on. =3 Four stars. |
|
| Author: | s0merand0mdude [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
There are three things wrong with this thread, and there's no brownie points for guessing what they are. I'll fix two of them: WIKI LINK TOON LINK Anyway, I thought this hremail was absolutely hilarious. These have been more for those who like one-liner instead of jokes that are built upon. The easter egg with strong bad was pretty good for any fans who still are loyal to him, and the mortal kombat easter egg was hilarious. "Hey, I've got a great idea! Let's dip the main character in a vat of ink and make you fight HIM before the end boss!" Other good lines included "See those three words right there? 'My girlfriend thinks'? THERE'S your problem right there." "So the entire last season was just a dream?" "And now you shall toil in my toilet mines!" "Why do I wanna call these cow clips? Does anyone else call these cow clips? No? Mooooo! Moooo!" I give it a /
|
|
| Author: | Shawn [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:58 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
Sbemails, Hremails.... it's all H*R cartoon fun, I can't complain. |
|
| Author: | Happy [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:04 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
SOCKS SHOES SOCKS WHAT This was awesome, loved the bit with the cow clips, honestly I have no idea what to call them either come to think of it. "Moooo...! Moooo!" I still doubt HREmails are gonna be something regular, most likely they'll make a last one and then it's back to whatever. Rule of three, after all. |
|
| Author: | Mariofan1000 [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
This is a 5/5,cause the main toon cracked me up,the easter eggs were hilarious,but what made me laugh the most was the title. I agree with the guy above me.Hremails are undoubtably not gonna be regular.Nice attempt to get 's site back,though.
|
|
| Author: | Awexome [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
I loved Marzipan's reference to dramas/soaps tending to make everything a dream. I don't watch any, but I've heard about that. I also liked how the email was themed, much like the sbemails. I've always loved the themed cartoons. The Street Fighter II reference was really great. The one thing that wasn't much was Strong Bad with Strong Sad's feet. Not that great. |
|
| Author: | Groovy Dudette [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:35 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
Shawn wrote: Sbemails, Hremails.... it's all H*R cartoon fun, I can't complain. Thank you. *high5* ^___^ |
|
| Author: | Phlip [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
I would totally play that Homestar fighting game if Videlectrix were to make it for reals... |
|
| Author: | Onion Overlord [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:37 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
I take back what I said last week. Too much of an awesome thing is not dumb. That was simply brilliance. Probably because of this and just about everything after that... "Now you see those three little words? 'My girlfriend thinks'? That's your problem right there!" XDXD |
|
| Author: | Tuttermuts [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | hremail2000 |
Jay and naysayers rejoice! http://www.homestarrunner.com/hremail2000.html edit: Oh cwap, looks like I posted at the wrong spot ![]() Anyways, I think it was absolutly great! Breakout album of the year! |
|
| Author: | spiffy [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
Ehhhhh... four stars out of five, but it's more of a 3.6 ish, while last week was a 3.2 ish, so improving, yes, but classic, not quite yet. Cow clips are great! (Moooo) I like the possibility that HBC have discovered a new lode of comedy to mine, but whether it's solid gold remains to be seen. |
|
| Author: | Poki [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
I thought LAST week was funny! This was just hilarious! I actually really hope this becomes a regular feature, with completely random numbers. I'm gonna start callin' em cowclips too, lol. |
|
| Author: | 20X6_chairscoot [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
That guy looks like Mel Gibson, no? |
|
| Author: | Son [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
This was way better than the previous hremail. It's not laugh out loud funny, but all around entertaining, where as the other hremail was simply less than that. 5/5 |
|
| Author: | Draygone [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
Hey Josh, you said you actually got a response in your Inbox? What did it say? Was it like a "hey, click this link to see my answer" or was it something else? Anyway, I think the Brothers Chaps are making fun of us, now. What with the opposing sides of the last discussion topic about whether this would be a regular feature or not. Plus look at the number. Hremail 2000? Didn't somebody in that discussion bring up how maybe they'd do random numbers? Although for some reason I feel like the one-digit offness from the last Sbemail number is more than a coincidence. As for what I thought about this one, even better than the last. I understood more of what was being said, and the jokes were funnier. I'd say I found myself laughing out loud more than I have at any of the more recent H*R cartoons. I'm also appreciating Homestar's ramblings more. Cowclip? Awesome. |
|
| Author: | Color Printer [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
All right, they're just screwing with us now. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. |
|
| Author: | Tim R-T-C [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
These Hremails are very much an "inside joke" sort of humour that someone new simply wouldn't find funny at all (ie. you wouldn't show them to someone new to the site, unlike a SBemail). So I doubt they will keep them up for too long. The random numbering also implies that this is not going to be a major thing. Perhaps they are building up to Strong Bad having to regain his e-mail crown from Homestar... |
|
| Author: | Sonicstar Runner [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
...WOW. That was great! Favorite line: "Now you see those three little words? 'My girlfriend thinks'? That's your problem right there!" And I'm gonna start calling those things cowclips now. I give it /
|
|
| Author: | ripberger894 [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
I stand corrected. Looks like there's at least one more Hremail. After #3, I'll believe it's not just a joke. So, let's see... 4/5, maybe? Or a 3.5/5? Which is pretty good by my rating system. I laughed out loud at "Mooooo!" |
|
| Author: | KungFuTakeoutGuy [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
Hmmm... I'm wondering how well Shadow Homestar would stand up to Pom Pom's 7 hit 1-up combo? (See this n' that.) Hremail 2000 is worth 3 control pads outta 5 in my book. |
|
| Author: | mr_josh [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
Draygone wrote: Hey Josh, you said you actually got a response in your Inbox? What did it say? Was it like a "hey, click this link to see my answer" or was it something else? It said: Homestar Runner wrote: Oh dango Josh! I answered your email on some website! Here it goes now! http://www.homestarrunner.com/hremail2000.html -H*R After the dry spell last month, I haven't been checking in on Mondays like I used to, who knows how long it would have been before I saw it (probably not long, actually...) |
|
| Author: | Proud Anselmo [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
Hey, wait a minute! Is this for reals now? |
|
| Author: | thegriffoftown [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
I enjoyed this a fair bit more than hremail 62. / I liked the Shadow egg. This felt better than hremail 62, and I really don't mind if they do more of these every so often, I just think Homestar is less suited to answer e-mails than Strong Bad. But that's just my opinion. I'm still watching the toons, so TBC haven't upset me as a fan with these. I may just e-mail SB and HR two different e-mails, just in case I get answered... Bugger... just remembered that I can't send e-mails on this connection.
|
|
| Author: | Stormcrow [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
There's a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why we're seeing these hremails, and I'm surprised no one has suggested it yet. Matt's throat got so sore doing Strong Bad for SBCGAP that he needed to do some easier characters for a while. |
|
| Author: | colinsbob [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hremail 2000! |
"You mean the whole last season was a dream?!" line makes me think. Does some of you think that this might be a Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy radio series reference, in which the whole second series is actually a dream? |
|
| Page 1 of 4 | All times are UTC |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|