Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Date Nite
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:07 pm 

"My name is Waiter, I will be your Homestar for this evening."

This toon makes me laugh every time. The beginning is particularly well done with the parallel dialogue/scenes between Homestar/Marzipan and Strong Bad/The Cheat. Homestar's reactions to Marzipan's antics really give us a nice take on Homestar, and his sheer surprise at how Marzipan views their relationship is just hilarious.

While all that's well and good, I think my favorite aspect of the toon is Homestar and Strong Bad teaming up. They're an unlikely, not often seen together duo, but they play off one another quite well. Their comedic misfortune is so effective when they're together, and I think it works especially well because they used to be (or still are, in some respects) rivals.

I'd love to see more toons of them teaming up to achieve a common, misguided goal, only to be thwarted by their own bumbling misfortune. The scene by the stony bridge where they attempt to fire rockets out of their box-submarine, only to sink while singing the Strong Badia anthem gets funnier each time I see it.

Anyone else like this toon for similar/different reasons?

Post subject: Re: Date Nite
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:38 pm 

stripedpants22 wrote:
"My name is Waiter, I will be your Homestar for this evening."

This toon makes me laugh every time. The beginning is particularly well done with the parallel dialogue/scenes between Homestar/Marzipan and Strong Bad/The Cheat. Homestar's reactions to Marzipan's antics really give us a nice take on Homestar, and his sheer surprise at how Marzipan views their relationship is just hilarious.

While all that's well and good, I think my favorite aspect of the toon is Homestar and Strong Bad teaming up. They're an unlikely, not often seen together duo, but they play off one another quite well. Their comedic misfortune is so effective when they're together, and I think it works especially well because they used to be (or still are, in some respects) rivals.

I'd love to see more toons of them teaming up to achieve a common, misguided goal, only to be thwarted by their own bumbling misfortune. The scene by the stony bridge where they attempt to fire rockets out of their box-submarine, only to sink while singing the Strong Badia anthem gets funnier each time I see it.

Anyone else like this toon for similar/different reasons?

:I love this one because of the quote you put at the top of your comment. Its quite my one of my most favoritest one! (i ment to have messed up grammar.) i also like it because of how ridiculously CLEVER this one is. Its crazy! i love it! I think i am going to go watch it again right now! (Sound effect for running that TBS usues sll the time, like in Strong Bad vs. Little Girl)

Post subject: Re: Date Nite
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:11 pm 

:sb: Oh-a itsa me, the chiefa, a whicha one of you guys ordered a smack in the facesa!
:marzi: I thought this was a french restuarant.
:sb: oh, ummmm-aaa, Sn, Snails?