Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Homestar Runner Movie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:04 pm 

rayword45 wrote:
I agree with DorianGray. A movie would simply be too lengthy to remain funny the whole time. And while I applaud all the ideas here, most of them would be overkill, especially the ones that are based on the satirical toons, like Cheat Commandos.

What about the Peasant's Quest movie?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:54 pm 

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:
rayword45 wrote:
I agree with DorianGray. A movie would simply be too lengthy to remain funny the whole time. And while I applaud all the ideas here, most of them would be overkill, especially the ones that are based on the satirical toons, like Cheat Commandos.

What about the Peasant's Quest movie?

As a whole, Videlectrix games are parodies of retro, Commodore era games. Plus, it barely fits into HR canon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:13 am 

What was crying a lot because his father in front of the mall said it was too bad for gifts and see the ugly in Thnikamobile Thnikaman after being crushed by the Thnikamobile. Not very good, but whatever.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:43 pm 

Millions wrote:
CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:
KookyKoopa12 wrote:
So who would be who? Strong Bad as Scrooge?

:sb: "Bah freaking humbug!"

That's a funny image. xD

More like "Bah crapbug!"

And also, the Ghosts of Decemberweens Present and Future could be played by the King of Town and the Poopsmith, respectively.

:sad: Strong Sad would have to be the Ghost of Decemberween Past.
Not just because of his personality, but also because Strong Bad has already referred to him as "The Ghost of Christmas Suck" anyway. :p

Since TBC always do something a little bizarre, I can see maybe adding a segment with Homsar as the Ghost of Decemberween "?!"

:homsar: "DaAaAaAa!! Don't look now! I'm a fast track to frippery!"

"A Decemberween Carol" That's a great idea!

:sb: Scrooge Bad
:hr: Homestarley's Ghost
:coachz: The Ghost of Decemberween past
:bubs: The Ghost of Decemberween present
:sad: The Ghost of Decemberween tomorrow
:homsar: The Ghost of Decemberween Weirdo
:cheat: Tim Cheat

Last edited by Gfdgsgxgzgdrc on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:55 pm 

Also, some ideas for movies would be...

Rejected: All the rejected characters come back.
    Strong Bad the Amazing Theif: Strong Bad steals 1000000 dollars after losing a race.
    The Real-World: The Homestar Runner characters somehow run out of the computer, to the real-world.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:11 am 

Gfdgsgxgzgdrc wrote:
Also, some ideas for movies would be...

Rejected: All the rejected characters come back.
    Strong Bad the Amazing Theif: Strong Bad steals 1000000 dollars after losing a race.
    The Real-World: The Homestar Runner characters somehow run out of the computer, to the real-world.

The odd thing is is that I've had the "Rejected" idea in my head for a long time, with the added idea of the KOT being Marzipan's dad (like TBC wanted to have happen back in the day) and being set at Halloween.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:37 am 

Okay, so I was thinking about it earlier, decided to google "Homestar Runner movie" found this forum post and completely forgot I was the one who started it. lol.

Anyways, I was thinking about it today, what the plot for a movie could be. I read all of your guys' replies and I think they're decent, but I think if a Homestar movie were to be made, it should be about each of the main characters as themselves in their regular world. So, I came up with this story.

The Cheat decides to write a novel and Strong Bad ridicules him for it. Meanwhile, Marzipan is rallying against something Homestar loves, say propellor caps, and they break up. The Cheat, becoming fed up with Strong Bad's ridiculing decides to run away and Marzipan goes with him. Similar to Date Nite, Strong Bad and Homestar become depressed and decide to keep each other company.

After a few nights of being depressed, Strong Bad decides he needs to get out there and start doing heists without The Cheat. Homestar volunteers to be the new The Cheat, Strong Bad reluctantly agrees and he and Homestar and Strong Mad decide to steal the Poopsmith's pile of whatsit, still believing it to be a big pile of money covered in whatsit. They also steal something from Pom Pom. Maybe Homestar steals Pom Pom's gold bowl out of jealousy or something.

Hearing about the crimes, Bubs and Coach Z take it upon themselves to become the new law enforcement. Hearing word of this, Strong Bad, Homestar and Strong Mad decide to run away. Bubs and Coach Z continue to go after them, Pom Pom goes too, because he's mad or something.

While everyone else is gone, Strong Sad decides to take control for once and overthrows the KOT, who, of course was never actually in charge of anything, so there is no conflict there. Teaming up with the ghost of the Lappy, Strong Sad uses the DNA evidence to make a Strong Sad clone army.

Eventually, Homestar, Strong Bad, Strong Mad, Coach Z, Bubs and all the rest of the people run into each other and decide it's time to head back. When they arrive back to the main area nothing has really changed other than there's a bunch of Strong Sads walking around. So Strong Bad dislocates the original Strong Sad's shoulder and everything goes back to normal or something.

What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:23 am 

I just thought of this. While I do believe a movie would be overkill, I think a serialized toon with like, 13 parts would be a decent idea. It could be watched nonstop via download/DVD after that.

Some shows that follow this format are 12 Oz Mouse (from Adult Swim. Most people disliked the show) and Explosion Bus (Individual episodes here)

I'm not thinking of what the plot would be, if TBC did that, they can be creative as they'd like.

Similar to the two aforementioned shows, the type of humor may seem overextended as a movie, but then you can just watch it like a regular toon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:03 pm 

How about a really long Sbemail.

Something where Strong Bad is asked what a post-apocalyptic Free Country, USA would look like.

First of all, it would be called "Unfree Country USA". The sky would be purple, to give it that nuclear war look. The King of Town would be this evil dictator in a black Magneto-like helmet and a black cape. Strong Mad would be his "Living Computer" creature (sort of like MODOK). He would also have this whole army of "Gunsmiths" (they look like the Poopsmith, but with black suits, WWII Gasmasks, and guns).

Then there's the resistance.

One team is lead by Strong Bad, who's only changes are a Black mask (the part that was black is now grey and his eyes are now red) and a leather trogdor vest. His team would fight with swords. Strong Sad would look more emo (black, emo-style hair) and would wear his Sloshy shirt. He would also have an equally emo girlfriend named Emona (who is like a female version of Strong Sad). The Cheat would look more wolf-like (and have an emo-looking black mane). The Fifth member would be DND Greg. Their base would be Strong Bad's house.

The second team is lead by Bubs, who looks like Baracus from the A-Team and drive a green MRAP. Everyone on his team would wear green combat vests and carry an assault riffle. This includes Homestar (who now has a blonde mullet instead of a propeller cap), Pom Pom(who now wears black shades), Coach Z, and Marzipan. Their base would be an old apartment, which is where Bubs' concession stand used to be.

Finally, Homsar would be buried where the stick used to be. He would be used as a speed bump.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:25 pm 

Personally, if there was a movie, I don't think it should focus on one plot for the whole length of it. Shows like Aqua Teen felt overextended as movies, so I'm pretty sure Homestar would as well.

If they made a movie, I think it should have a main plot, but it stays in the background for at least half the film, with other events tying in in some way.

And also, to fix my last statement, 13 parts is too short for a cartoon with an average episode length of 4 minutes. 22 would work better.