Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:45 am 

This was funny, but there is no way they could possibly make a movie. It only takes about 10 minutes to play Peasant's Quest, so a movie wouldn't be much longer than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:22 am 

I loved that thing! The live action blew me away. And if you ask me they spent waaay to much time on it to not make a movie. If it's on the website it'll be SLOW'd. If it's in theaters it be AWESOME'd! But if a DVD it would be MOST LIKELY'd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:39 am 

(Woah Been a while ) I thought this toon rocked I do hope they Do something else with this

EDIT:
FOrgot to score 10/10

It's my band! please listen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:04 am 

I remember back when the Peasants Quest GAME trailer came out.

Some people said:
"Cool! It's so going to be a game!"
others said
"Cool! But it won't be a game!"

sure enough, there was a game.

What makes you think there won't be a movie?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:18 am 

YoshiBot2 wrote:
I remember back when the Peasants Quest GAME trailer came out.

Some people said:
"Cool! It's so going to be a game!"
others said
"Cool! But it won't be a game!"

sure enough, there was a game.

What makes you think there won't be a movie?

What makes me 100% sure that this won't be a movie is... well.. look at it.

All this trailer does is play out recognizable scenes from the game. Everything in this trailer just screams "Hey look... we're parodying a trailer."

It was funny... ok, it was really funny.. but if anyone thinks that this will translate to a full length movie, or even a 15 minute long "movie" they need to honestly have their head examined.

It's a parody of a superbowl-type commercial, nothing more, nothing less.

EVERY clip you saw plays well on it's own. None of the scenes look like anything that is spliced from prexisting movie footage. It's too "cleanly produced" to be anything other than a parody trailer. If they were going to recreate the "Wear Mask" or "Throw Baby" scenes, those scenes could not possibly make sense in anything other than a trailer parody.

I mean... really... Can't people tell what a parody is, when it smacks them in the face? But i guess i'll have to run a few more things down for everyone:

1. The beginning distintly said "In Theaters" ...this will never run in a theater. I know we all love H*R.. but no movie company would ever, in their right mind pick this up. Not even Lion's Gate films (and that's saying alot). Now if they actually said "coming on DVD" or something like that, it might have been viable. But the "Theater" claim, shows plainly that the whole thing is a joke.

2. Why else would this come at halftime during the superbowl if it was anything other than a parody of Superbowl Film Trailers?!

3. As I mentioned, every scene works too well on it's own in this trailer. It's obvious each scene was filmed for the trailer only. If it wasn't there would be a lot more odds and ends.

4. Seeing as the site keeps them uber busy (and TBC, still have lives outside of H*R, you know) A fully produced movie is out of the question. It's time they don't have to spend when people already demand new updates every week on the site.

5. If they were going to ever have more than the 6 or so combined seconds we see a "CG Trogdor" they'd have to shell out a lot of money to the same people that put that Trogdor (as well as the menu DVD screens). Money that they obviously don't have.

6. If they were going to shell out for a full movie, they'd film it a lot better than this. It looks amaturish becuase they KNOW it won't be a film. It's just a short gag....

7. Sorry to say this.. but again... NO ONE outside of H*R fans will even remotely get this. No publisher will pick this up unless TBC plan on making it a new full DVD from their own little self produced company (Harmless Junk inc.). But there's already too many mountains of evidence that plainly show otherwise.

Look.. I know that we all want a PQ movie. But I REALLY think peoples wishful thinking is clouding their judgement, here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:34 am 

Well, one thing's for certain. It's really got people talking. Excitedly. I guess the only way to find out if it's gonna be made or not will be to wait a few weeks/months for more news, if any, from TBC. It was a nice little trailer type thing though, and in MHO, I've gotta say they might make a DVD. If they do, I really hope that they put in two bonus commentaries. One from TBC, and one from Strong Bad/Homestarrunner/Whoever. Maybe have a version of them watching it in a theatre, with them making comments. It could certainly be really funny that way, especially if they make it a sillouetted audience. But yea, it's just the kind of variety TBC needs to keep going. Like Cheat commandos. They're branching out. And definently for the better.

Trailer: 7.5/10

Throw... BABY!

Post subject: Not In The Cards
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:37 am 

The trailer stands on its own as a clever sort. Besides, look at the subtitles in the "Shorts" section. Under "Peasant's Quest Preview" it says "Coming Soon from Videlectrix". Sure enough, a game materialized. The subtitle below "Peasant's Quest Movie Trailer" is "Real Life Adventure!" I am sorry, but I just don't see an feature-length Peasant's Quest film in the cards. Frankly, I was surprised when I saw people talking about a full-length feature. It might be funny if it's done in the sincerely silly manner the trailer was done, but regardless I just don't see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:17 pm 

Quote:

All this trailer does is play out recognizable scenes from the game. Everything in this trailer just screams "Hey look... we're parodying a trailer."

Funny. Many people believed all the Peasant's Quest Preview was simply SCREAMING, "Hey look... we're parodying text adventures!"

Quote:
It was funny... ok, it was really funny.. but if anyone thinks that this will translate to a full length movie, or even a 15 minute long "movie" they need to honestly have their head examined.

EVERY clip you saw plays well on it's own. None of the scenes look like anything that is spliced from prexisting movie footage. It's too "cleanly produced" to be anything other than a parody trailer. If they were going to recreate the "Wear Mask" or "Throw Baby" scenes, those scenes could not possibly make sense in anything other than a trailer parody.

Its funny you mention 'throw baby'. In the original preview, one of the main complaints was, "This won't be real! I mean, look at 'throw baby'? How can that fit into the game?" But TBC put it in, didn't they?

Quote:
I mean... really... Can't people tell what a parody is, when it smacks them in the face? But i guess i'll have to run a few more things down for everyone:

I don't like being insulted, but go ahead. Humor me.

Quote:
The beginning distintly said "In Theaters" ...this will never run in a theater. I know we all love H*R.. but no movie company would ever, in their right mind pick this up. Not even Lion's Gate films (and that's saying alot). Now if they actually said "coming on DVD" or something like that, it might have been viable. But the "Theater" claim, shows plainly that the whole thing is a joke.

Funny. The Peasant's Quest Preview said the maximum requirements were for some freakin' old computers, but it works fine on our PCs...

Quote:
Why else would this come at halftime during the superbowl if it was anything other than a parody of Superbowl Film Trailers?!

Really, is anyone saying its not? All we're saying is that now that they've made the trailer, they're bound to make the movie. Just like with the game!

Quote:
As I mentioned, every scene works too well on it's own in this trailer. It's obvious each scene was filmed for the trailer only. If it wasn't there would be a lot more odds and ends.

Again, nobody's saying they weren't all filmed for the trailer. BUT... maybe they will film MORE and just add al the featured scenes IN. What a novel idea, huh?

Quote:
Seeing as the site keeps them uber busy (and TBC, still have lives outside of H*R, you know) A fully produced movie is out of the question. It's time they don't have to spend when people already demand new updates every week on the site.

Now, this is where you're wrong. Have you ever tried to work Flash/ It must tsake up a lotta their social life all ready just to do the site! I mean, they're devoted to this. For the fans. Besides- they had time enough to make the trailer!

I'll ridicule the rest of your claims later...
[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:41 pm 

Swooshoman wrote:

You will do no such thing, Swooshman.

Everybody needs to calm down. None of this matters. It's just a web site. Maybe it'll be a movie, maybe it won't, but getting worked up about it is neither productive nor healthy.

The next person doing any "ridiculing" will meet a swift, ornery beating at the hands (er, hooves) of the Mythological Goat of Justice.

For the umpteenth time, do not feed the trolls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:32 pm 

I saw this on Superbowl night. I'm sorry I haven't commented yet (cricket noises)

But I wondered to myself, if this was a movie, a Hollywood movie, would it have the bittersweet ending of the game? You really feel for poor Rather Dashing there. He goes out to shake things up and he fails! Would Hollywood have the hero fall like that?

Hollywood would probably have a romance between Rather Dashing and the baby's mother. That "show me you're a man" line sounds like a come-on to me.

If they don't make a movie, that's what fanfiction is for. To make Mendelev and Dongolev make out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:50 pm 

Hysterical Woman wrote:
To make Mendelev and Dongolev make out.

The sad thing is how very right you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:01 pm 

--

Last edited by caucusjeke on Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:03 pm 

--

Last edited by caucusjeke on Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:05 pm 

caucusjeke wrote:
Do you think the guy who played Rather Dashing (I'm told it's Matt Chapman) grew his hair out specifically for the project? I mean how long was this thing in the works?

I'm 90% sure that's a wig. In the pictures I've seen of him, he's always had curly/wavy hair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:24 pm 

Hysterical Woman wrote:
If they don't make a movie, that's what fanfiction is for.

How right you are! I've already begun work on "Peasant's Quest: The Movie: The Jr. Novel: The Overuse of Colons"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:33 pm 

Maybe there will be a another collection dvd with a bit of stuff from here like making of, the map, and maybe like some extra scenes and it would be a fine short film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:33 pm 

I think they somewhat (ok... not really) hinted to this on their last screen savers episode. They said they were busy. I mean yeah, they're busy all of the time, but they just seemed extra busy on the interview.

Just my thoughts and i'm sticking to them.

[edit]wow, look! Matt's wearing the scalding lake t-shirt in the interview. Another hint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:57 pm 

Warlordofhomsaria_v2 wrote:
[edit]wow, look! Matt's wearing the scalding lake t-shirt in the interview. Another hint

What a brilliant discovery. I'm amazed nobody saw this before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:12 pm 

InterruptorJones wrote:
Warlordofhomsaria_v2 wrote:

What a brilliant discovery. I'm amazed nobody saw this before.

Thank You. I guess we never saw it before because we didn't really know what it look like. Plus, it was sorta hard to tell what it was.

[list=We know it is the t-shirt because:]Large, Orange,Sun
Color (tan with brown rings)
Writing(not really visable, just you can see it, but not read it as well as in the trailer. erm...if thar makes sense)
Black, pointy blobs= trees[/list]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:47 pm 

Hey, has anyone else noticed that any update to H*R.com seems to spawn 1-post posters and people who think TBC has or had "lost their touch"? Just a thought.

In other news, I walked around school today quoting Rather Dashing nonstop. "Not tonight he won't! Come! In the night! Trogdor..." As I said before, they just added too much stuff to the trailer to not make it at least a half-hour DVD special.

I see you haven't played Twilight Princess. Why is that?

I got to the water dungeon thing and got bored.

WOW. You just lost the very little respect I had left for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:28 am 

Hysterical Woman wrote:
If they don't make a movie, that's what fanfiction is for. To make Mendelev and Dongolev make out.

That's it! That's the ONLY thing which could have made this trailer better! XD Considering they were played by the same person, however, that would've been a pretty interesting -- not to mention weirded out -- exercise in narcississm. In that "Golly gee, I'm so handsome I could just kiss myself" kind of way.

IJ: Yes, that is 100% a wig. (So declares the one-time stage-junkie.)

TEF: True, but what about the posters who fade off into obscurity and then return valiantly into the H*R fray when they've got midterms to study for? What about us -- er, uh, I mean, them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:45 am 

Maybe the reason TBC didn't update a few weeks ago was because they were out filming the movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:42 pm 

Location: In my house with my two kids, Bulldozer and topofsm.
Oh, man! This was so funny! I loved it! It was almost as good as the game! I liked how Rather Dashing kept having to say the commands, even though it wasn't a game. But, I wonder if this is just a joke. I thought the preview for the game was just a joke, but then the game actually came out. I guess we'll just have to see if the movie really comes out. (On the site, not in theaters.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:07 pm 

Swooshoman wrote:
Quote:

Funny. Many people believed all the Peasant's Quest Preview was simply SCREAMING, "Hey look... we're parodying text adventures!"

Um.. Ok... And that has to do with what I said becuase... why?

Quote:

Quote:
Its funny you mention 'throw baby'. In the original preview, one of the main complaints was, "This won't be real! I mean, look at 'throw baby'? How can that fit into the game?" But TBC put it in, didn't they?

Dude... that didn't make sense. It really didn't. I don't think anyone thought that. It's just 'throw baby'. Sheesh.

Quote:

Quote:
I don't like being insulted, but go ahead. Humor me.

Um... When did I insult you? When did I mention you by name? I do believe I was being general when I asked that question. And it's quite ludicious to get worked up over my post or somehow be offended by my point of veiw. especially since later, in this post, you'll see that i was right. :p Geez man.. Take a nap or something.

Quote:
The beginning distintly said "In Theaters" ...this will never run in a theater. I know we all love H*R.. but no movie company would ever, in their right mind pick this up. Not even Lion's Gate films (and that's saying alot). Now if they actually said "coming on DVD" or something like that, it might have been viable. But the "Theater" claim, shows plainly that the whole thing is a joke.
Quote:
Funny. The Peasant's Quest Preview said the maximum requirements were for some freakin' old computers, but it works fine on our PCs...

Um.. what are you talking about? That dosn't even slightly relate to what I just said. :p What does them saying 'coming to theaters' have to do with... running on a PC?? I know this will be hard for you but try to figure this out: I was talking about what they said at the opening. Not if it would run on a computer. We're talking apples and oranges here.

Quote:
Why else would this come at halftime during the superbowl if it was anything other than a parody of Superbowl Film Trailers?!
Quote:
Really, is anyone saying its not? All we're saying is that now that they've made the trailer, they're bound to make the movie. Just like with the game!

The new FAQ on H*R.com has answered the question. There will be no movie. So, it's official now, and you can stop making me your punching bag just becuase i realized the obvious BEFORE it was official. LOL!

Quote:
As I mentioned, every scene works too well on it's own in this trailer. It's obvious each scene was filmed for the trailer only. If it wasn't there would be a lot more odds and ends.
Quote:
Again, nobody's saying they weren't all filmed for the trailer. BUT... maybe they will film MORE and just add al the featured scenes IN. What a novel idea, huh?

The new FAQ on H*R.com has answered the question. There will be no movie. So, it's official now, and you can stop making me your punching bag just becuase i realized the obvious BEFORE it was official. LOL!

Quote:
Seeing as the site keeps them uber busy (and TBC, still have lives outside of H*R, you know) A fully produced movie is out of the question. It's time they don't have to spend when people already demand new updates every week on the site.
Quote:
Now, this is where you're wrong. Have you ever tried to work Flash/ It must tsake up a lotta their social life all ready just to do the site! I mean, they're devoted to this. For the fans. Besides- they had time enough to make the trailer!

Yes, i've "worked Flash." I make movies, too. But you had no idea of that before you said that. You're really thoughtful, huh? Maybe you should really try thinking before you run at the mouth? Just a thought. :p By the way.. you answered this yourself. you said "It must tsake up a lotta their social life all ready just to do the site!" why on earth would you argue my point, by ECHOING my point?? That makes craploads of sense, dosn't it?

Quote:

So who is the one ridiculing here? heh heh... Maybe I should have mentioned this, but I have a little something called 'common sense'. That makes it really hard to ridicule someone with sound logic. Especially when firing back with absoutly none. So now that you know, maybe you can suck it up, realize that I was right and apologize for attempting to ridicule someone who wasn't even mentioning you by name, or trying to be as rude to you or anyone else as you were to me, by taking offense to a rational post I made about me just stating my thoughts (which turned out to be correct). Maybe you should take about a hundred chill pills, cool off, and try to use your head. :p You see.. this is why trolls and flamers fail. Becuase they don't attempt to use their brains when going off on somebody. Really.

oh, and before I forget.... The new FAQ on H*R.com has answered the question. There will be no movie. So, it's official now, and you can stop making me your punching bag just becuase i realized the obvious BEFORE it was official. LOL!

Score:

Me = 2
You = big fat zero.

Please insert coin to continue. :p ...or am I going to get an apology here? heh heh...

Last edited by TheNewX on Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:42 pm 

Location: Next to that SPIDER ON YOUR SHOULDER! Ha, made ya look.
Uh-oh, Mr. X (Megaman Reference! Phear it phuels!) You did some ridiculing. Where's that goat?

Check out my tale, and I promise to start posting again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:27 am 

Yo, X. You know your being a real jerk about being right? I mean, it's one thing for both of you to get all worked up over whether or not TBC will make this a movie of any kind... but you didn't have to reply back gloating over it so much.

Now you seem like a bit of a jerk. I'm glad your so happy that you guessed it right (and that's what you did btw, since you did NOT know).

There was just as much chance for the trailer to be more than just a parody of trailers... but possibly a trailer of a parody. The enormous reaction to this has proven that it would be welcomed by many. "I" for one was HOPING they would make it a 15-minute, half hour or hour long short. You could still call that a movie if your being as goofy as TBC.

I mean, it could be HILLARIOUS if it was done right. And if you don't think they have time to shoot it? Well if these clips are indeed a trailer of it... they already have.

But anyway...

I thought this was the single funniest thing TBC has EVER done. And as cheesy as the home-made effects are... they are actually QUITE good! I worked with some film when I was in a digital film class and we did some blue screen (it was actually green screen) work and just editing out the green around people is incredibly hard to do and make it look good. The bit at the end where Matt jumps out and says "Not Tonight he doesn't!"... apart from being SO FUNNY, must've been done with blue screen. And the flame effects were pretty good.

I'm sure they used Final Cut Pro or something like that. That's what I used.

The brothers saying Haldo was great... plus the Throw Baby thing, and I really loved the part where Matt is talking about how Trogdor just goes around burninating and everything. lol.

This is partly a reason TBC is always so successful. I mean, you don't always have to do animation and the H*R characters. Being original, different and surprising will always get you a better reaction in the end. They can't do Strongbad emails forever and they still be funny.

A lot of times, TBC does things and they are merely an experiment for something else. So while we may not see any live-action full-length Peasant's Quest movie. We may, and I hope we do, see some more live-action fun on H*R.

But who cares. This was the funniest thing ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:46 pm 
Pizza Pizza

TBC updated the FAQ for the site today. They said that there will be no movie and that the "trailer" was full length. Of course, this could all be a ruse, but I doubt it. I'd say that this one is "case closed."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:25 am 

OMG YES THEY WILL! WHY ELES WOOOD THAY MAKE A TREAILR?? :eek: X-( :trogdor:

Sorry, I'm just so sick of everyone saying "The FAQ says there's not going be a movie".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:51 am 

I think there won't be a movie, henceforth I like Mr. New X and his serious takin' no guff from swooshooman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:56 am 

TheNewX, under normal circumstances, after reading the FAQ and all, I would have forgiven you. But now you're just being a bigger jerk than I was (Yes, i admit I was a jerk, and I made all those claims on an empty stomach- I could've come up with some better ones, probably). I mean, I tohught the whole point in your post was that you were above all the criticizing and bragging I was doing. Looks like you and me are destined to become... FORUM RIVALS!!!

DING DING!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next