Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:41 am 

Yes, a lot of people probably have.
Now stop stating the obvious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:19 am 

mirrore'd!!!!

removed due to bandwith concerns

edit: i dont know why it learing to the left
edit 2: fix'ed
edit 3:removed due to bandwith concerns un-mirrore'd

Last edited by fatjoe on Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:06 pm 

This is by far my favorite thing on Homestar Runner. It couldn't be more funnier.

I went on the site a little before halftime and just kept refreshing the main page untill it appeared, but when I first viewed it, no flash file played.

It, and the wiki, were really slow yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:34 pm 

I CAN'T WAIT UNTILL THE MOVIE COMES OUT!!!!
The only problem is, once the movie comes out, the game may be knocked out of popularity. BUT I STILL LOVE THAT TRAILER!!!!! HA!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:43 pm 

Nerd_101 wrote:
Yes, a lot of people probably have.
Now stop stating the obvious.

Nerd_101, if the first post you make on this forum is one abusing another user, you're off to a very, very bad start. Be nice or find another forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:23 pm 
Lechable Robot Mod

Yay I finally got to see it! The Homestar site was under waaay too much traffic last night, and I tried again this morning and it was still running slowly. Thanks, guys, for putting up mirrors; I opened a couple and watched whichever one was fastest.

Anydangway, that was super-fantastic. Matt definitely does play Rather Dashing, but I don't think that's him under that moustache as the King. I think the King is the same guy who plays Mendelev and Dongolev. Naked Ned peeking out from the tree was awesome. And I loved how the short pants were just, like a cut-off pair of khakis or something. I don't think they'll really make this into a movie, though. Remember a couple weeks ago when we didn't get an update? I think this is why. My guess is that they had to travel somewhere to film it - from the DVD's basketball game, I don't think TBC's backyard would make a very good set.
That said, wow wow wow, yay yay yay, that more than makes up for our update-less week!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:52 pm 

Location: Disinfecting the Internet with my homies, Spam Slade and Dr. Watchem
I can't believe how slow Homestar Runner was last night. I mean, I expected it to be bad, but...wow! I didn't even get a chance to watch the toon, the farthest I got was the loading screen, but I'm going to try it again right now with one of the mirrors. It sounds freakin' awesome from what I've heard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:00 pm 

AWESOME. One of the best updates in a very long time. It was so cute and funny ect ect, and it was something that I never expected to happen on the site (something live action like that, not including things like puppet stuff with the little girl).

Don't get your hopes up though, I don't think they're going to make a real movie. If they did it would be best to make it a file you download and watch in real player (or whatever) instead of viewing it directly on the site. Watching even a movie of this length on the server made the movement kinda junky.

Oooh, the awesomeness. I wish there could have been a bit more of the Burninator himself, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:27 pm 

This site was down as well as the homestar runner site itself. But well it's up, and man.....that is so frekain' awesome! I can't wait til the movie comes out- based off the peasant's quest trailer in July 04 and the following game, as well as the amount of actual footage in this preview, I think the movie's gonna come. And not on the site, but in the theaters. Even at tthe best SB emails it seems I don't laugh all that much when alone (in a social situation, watching with friends, it's different). But this one made me roll around in the chair when Rather Dashing's lke...throw....baby!! Ungh! I could tell that was probably Matt as Rather Dashing. I'll agree that Jackie Chapman in the credits is probably the woman with the baby. My big question is, how does Rather Dashing survive after being pounded in the head by Kerrek? You gotta love how he holds up the belt, like he's some sort of wrestling champion. We don't want to see that much of Trogdor himself yet though- that's for the full edition later! Really looking forward to this. :trogdor:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:16 pm 

We should keep the mirrors linked because even the "Trogdor"-sized trailor is smaller.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:25 pm 

I liked it a lot. Very, Very funny. I think they should make something like a dvd for the movie(doubt there will be one though) I really want to see the peasentry map though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:30 pm 

This was a great update. Such a parody of the LOTR trailers.

Honestly, I don't think they had to travel very far to film that. They could have easily filmed all of the outdoor scenes at one location, from diffrent angles. And there are plenty of streams around here.

I don't think they'll make this into a full length movie, it's too big! if a 10 mb file did this, think of what a 100mb file would do to their servers! Oh, wait. A possible new H*R DVD! Yay!

Btw, the easiest way to watch this is to download it localy. right click and "save as" both of these links. It'll take about 5 minutes to download.
http://www.homestarrunner.com/filmstyle_trogdor.swf
http://www.homestarrunner.com/filmstyle_trogdor.html
(Plus, if you want to watch it again later, it will be that much less load on the servers!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:37 pm 

There are a few mirrors on the wiki. It's a better idea to use those because they load faster and the less people on homestarrunner.com right now the better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:38 pm 

That's weird. You'd expect Missy to be in the credits, but she's not. Hmm.

Anyways, from the looks of it, do you think that this will be an actual movie? Everyone has wanted a Homestar Runner movie, and from the looks of it, this one is good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:57 pm 

A few things.

Number 1: If the JelloB on this site is the same one who posted a mirror to this file, THANK YOU! Yours is the only one that worked that didn't have me waiting forever.

Number 2: HILARIOUS! I loved the parts in which he said the commands from the game. While I agree with whoever said it wasn't that hard to make this, I don't think it matters. They did an awesome job. I've been watching "Sample of Style" on the DVD and I can tell that Rather Dashing is indeed played by Matt. I think it's pretty clever how the credits are so official-sounding until you reach the end (reminds me of Photoshop)

Number 3: If they do make this movie, whether it be online, on DVD, or even in theaters (which I highly doubt) I'm sure they're gonna include some stuff with Strong Bad and Homestar and everyone. Maybe something like in that Elmo movie (I swear I was only watching it because I was sitting with my little sister when she was watching it and she's 12!) how Ernie and Bert came in and made comments sometimes.

Blue Lazor: "WHAT THE CRAP?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:57 pm 

I believe they'll probably make a DVD movie and sell it on the site- it was probably an idea they got when they saw the amzing popularity of the sb_email DVD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:59 pm 

Hmm, i wonder how they are going to go about this. Obviously if they just put the whole movie up on the site like the other toons, there would be chaos of biblical proportions. And I doubt that they would actually release it to theaters. If they do make it a DVD though, I'd buy ten. So thats what my moneys on, at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:01 pm 

Location: Disinfecting the Internet with my homies, Spam Slade and Dr. Watchem
Wow. Just wow. That was the funniest thing to come off of Homestar Runner in a while. And it was so different from anything currently on the site. I don't know... I guess it was just really amusing to see a live action toon (starring Matt none-the-less) on the Homestar Runner website since you wouldn't usually associate the two things together. I'd love to see more of this type of thing on the website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:19 pm 

Yaanu wrote:
That's weird. You'd expect Missy to be in the credits, but she's not. Hmm.

Missy isn't in the trailer -- why would she be in the credits?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:34 pm 

This.... Is... AWEXOME!!!! :eek: :eek:

They spent way too much time on this trailer not to make a movie.
So coull.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:44 pm 
Pizza Pizza

[my opinion] Personally, I don't think that this is gonna go any farther than the trailer (read: No Movie). The whole point of this was to make a "commercial" for the superbowl. The superbowl is, traditionally, a time when advertisers roll out new ads. Among those ads, are trailers and teasers for Summer Blockbusters. This was nothing more than a parody (ok, a REALLY well done parody) of those ads.[/my opinion]

I seriously doubt that this will be expanded into a full length feature, or even a short, for that matter. Still, if it does, I'll probably watch it.

I'm not the best person when it comes to reading TBC, especially since I thought we were going to see Strong Mad punching something and yelling "WARDROBE MALFUNCTION! WARDROBE MALFUNCTION!".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:52 pm 

While I'll agree that you're not very good at reading TBC, StrongRad, I do agree with you. We won't be seeing Trogdor's Big Movie any time soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:05 pm 

I had the misfortune of watching the trailler on the site, instead of a mirror, it was a long wait, but was it worth it. Now I as anybody else would love to see an actual movie based on this, but I don't think that's gonna happen. Maybe a kinda long toon, but not a movie. But anyways, this trailer is so freakin great that words cannot describe it.

Has anyone else but me wondered why we haven't really seen that much of Missy on the site? I mean, Marzipan's more rare now on the site that she usually is? Did something happen to Missy? Is she.....pregnant? I know she and Mike are married and it's been something that I've been thinking about recently... I dunno, I blame the thought on the food I ate...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:09 pm 

Missy is only needed when her character is needed, and Marzipan doesn't have to be in every toon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:13 pm 

porplemontage wrote:
Missy is only needed when her character is needed, and Marzipan doesn't have to be in every toon.
Yeah, but we're seeing even less of her than we normally do. I dunno, I like Marzipan, I think that we should see more of her. I just find her recent lack of face time odd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:25 pm 

Er... am I the only one here who doesn't think this is the best thing since sliced bread? Now don't get me wrong, it was really cool seeing all the PQ stuff live, and it got some laughs. I especially loved "Throw baby". But it all felt kinda gimmicky to me. Maybe that's just because I watched it in short bursts with about five minutes of loading between them, so by the end I was like, "Yeah. I get it. It's a Peasant's Quest movie." Also I don't think it's going to be actually made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:30 pm 

Hey, it finally loaded on my computer!!

Ya, I thought it was okay...read Dark Grapefruit's post, and you have exactly what I feel...

It was okay...the part I hated the most was the loading...ugh...

6.5/10 I say

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:36 pm 

Good Prize!

And they even made different size movie files for faster loading!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:35 am 

StrongRad wrote:
[my opinion] Personally, I don't think that this is gonna go any farther than the trailer (read: No Movie). The whole point of this was to make a "commercial" for the superbowl. The superbowl is, traditionally, a time when advertisers roll out new ads. Among those ads, are trailers and teasers for Summer Blockbusters. This was nothing more than a parody (ok, a REALLY well done parody) of those ads.[/my opinion].

I doubt it (remember the Peasant's Quest preview?) ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:38 am 

Without question, the best thing ever. (Not just on the internet, and yes, I am serious!) Here I was starting to think they'd lost their touch with dreamail...although origins was great...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next