Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Final scene of "The House That Gave Sucky Treats"
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:40 pm 

In the final scene of "The House That Gave Sucky Treats", of course, you see all the characters standing around in their costumes and talking and such. In this scene, of course, if you clicked on the characters, you'd vote that as the best 2001 costume, the results of which went by unnoticed for several years (until the Everything Else Vol. 2 DVD release, that is). Later Halloween cartoons, of course, would revise this so that when you clicked on the characters, you'd trigger little bits of dialog from them, asking each other what they're supposed to be dressed up as and whatnot.

My question is, how would the characters' discussions be done if "The House That Gave Sucky Treats" would follow the example of the later toons? For reference, here's the entire scene: http://hrwiki.org/wiki/The_House_That_Gave_Sucky_Treats#The_Discussion. So based on that scene in the link, how do you think they would do the bits of dialog? That is, who would be clickable to trigger these scenes?

Post subject: Re: Final scene of "The House That Gave Sucky Treats"
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:10 am 

The easter egg dialogue bits don't seem to match up at all, so stringing them together doesn't work. Perhaps if they added extra conversation in between.

Post subject: Re: Final scene of "The House That Gave Sucky Treats"
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:15 am 

rayword45 wrote:
The easter egg dialogue bits don't seem to match up at all, so stringing them together doesn't work. Perhaps if they added extra conversation in between.

I'm not stringing them together. They're already together. I'm talking about breaking them up to look like typical, clickable discussions in later Halloween toons (say, starting with "3 Times Halloween Funjob"). Here's what I think I would do (the character's name in capitals means that clicking on that character will trigger the discussion):

• STRONG BAD: Homestar and Strong Bad's exchange about the latter being dressed as Carmen (freakin') Sandiego
  • THE POOPSMITH: Strong Bad criticizing the Poopsmith for dressing up as Lazer Tag
  • BUBS: Bubs' remark about going to the house that was giving out change
  • STRONG SAD: Strong Sad's remark about going to the house with the big room and the people in black hoods and so on
  • MARZIPAN: Marzipan telling Strong Sad he wasn't invited this year, even though she likes his costume
  • COACH Z: Coach Z's remark to Pom Pom about his "funky bass groove"

Get the idea now?