Cheat Commandos 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Powered by The Cheat 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Puppet Stuff 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Teen Girl Squad 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: New Toons?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:41 pm 

Now that The Brothers Chaps are doing cartoons again, what do you think the next toon will be (after the Halloween one)? :cheatgrin:

Last edited by Gfdgsgxgzgdrc on Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Toons?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:30 am 

After the Halloween toon? To conceive of such things is a dangerous game of soaring hopes and unfulfilled dreams leading inevitably to disappointment, sowing seeds of embitterment. The best way to taste a meal is with your eyes closed, allowing your palette to absorb all the unique flavors and textures in real time as they are experienced, without being soured by our own desires of what the food should have tasted like.

This long drought has done much to humble the community, but it is not so distant a memory when we were fat on a feast of content. A time when any update other than a sbmail could be seen almost as an annoyance and even sbemails were mercilessly torn apart. A luxury which could only be afforded during the plentiful output of the golden years. If those same toons were released today, they would likely be welcomed with open arms and a fresh cold one. Proof that hunger is the best spice.

Over these long dry years I have hardened myself against becoming too hopeful for homestar's revival. So you'll forgive me if I'm hesitant to jump right back into the old state of mind when getting the next toon was a given, it was just a question of what it would be. But this last set of updates has peaked my hopes higher than any other blip on the Chapman radar. So I guess it's all aboard the Expectation Train to Disappointment Station.

I'll put my money on sbemail. I mean come on, would they hint at it that hard on twitter just to tease us? And how long ago did they release that shot of the sbemail206 script? You mean to tell me they haven't done anything with that? I have a fantasy that they're sitting on some unfinished toons while they work on the holiday stuff. Of course, this is just my wishful thinking. The realist in me says this Halloween toon will be the last update for 2014 and we'll end up with 3-4 toons a year from now on. But there's no shame in hoping we'll get a decemberween toon and maybe a sbemail or two.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:34 am 

Also how can Dangeresque be an option but Cheat Commandos isn't?

edit: Well, I s'pose this no longer applies. But couldn't you have just added cheat commandos to the poll instead of replacing Dangeresque entirely. What about those devoted few holding out for Dangeresque 4? Not that i really want a new Dangeresque or Cheat Commandos. Of course my nipples would explode with delight at their arrival, but I have my eye on a more sbemail-y horizon.

Last edited by dripingyellowmadness on Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:23 am 

I have a feeling it's going to be another one of Strong Bad's criticisms of fans' costumes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:53 pm 

Location: In the bountiful Blue Laser Thanksgiving action playset
dripingyellowmadness wrote:
This long drought has done much to humble the community, but it is not so distant a memory when we were fat on a feast of content. A time when any update other than a sbmail could be seen almost as an annoyance and even sbemails were mercilessly torn apart. A luxury which could only be afforded during the plentiful output of the golden years. If those same toons were released today, they would likely be welcomed with open arms and a fresh cold one. Proof that hunger is the best spice.

As a former Creative Writing major, I must say, that is quite poetic. Enjoy the content while it is still fresh and do not anticipate or expect any more. The hiatus may create a more mature, humble fanbase. I'm trying to enjoy the community more than the content itself. Since this wiki fell into disrepair I haven't found any other community quite like it and while my IRL social skills have improved some, I still miss having online friends.

I second the Halloween criticism episode. I'm sure they have material from 2010 forward that they have been eager to use.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:34 am 

PlaysetsandToysBuyer wrote:
I second the Halloween criticism episode. I'm sure they have material from 2010 forward that they have been eager to use.

It could even be another toon of Homestar reviewing pumpkin carvings.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:37 pm 

Sweet Cuppin' Cakes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:39 pm 

Any toon is fine with me at this point.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:57 am 

dripingyellowmadness wrote:
I'll put my money on sbemail. I mean come on, would they hint at it that hard on twitter just to tease us? And how long ago did they release that shot of the sbemail206 script? You mean to tell me they haven't done anything with that?

You were correct!