2/5- Lost Gumption 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
1/5- Expired in 2007 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Characters from Yonder Website
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:14 pm 

http://homestarrunner.com/yonderwebsite.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Bq42UdpAU

http://hrwiki.org/wiki/Characters_from_Yonder_Website

Last edited by RickTommy on Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Characters from Yonder Website
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:43 am 

That was what I sometimes like to call a pile of sauce. The sauce pile, I say, it has two flavors; mint and shoe styles. The plot was like a bag of beans, blended into a smarmy café. The character designs were a little slice town. Which slice it was? The characters will never know until they discover their own individual spice. That's what makes the shoe styles so far out. I don't know the gumption, but I can assure you, some sauce pile gots the spice. That's right.

Don't forget Smarty Juice. They are the sponsor of this gregorious commute. Have a slice of life. Far out. That's right.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:31 am 

Location: Umm.. Look behind you a three headed CHALLENGE!!!!!
Incredible.

What other series could start off as a loosely animated children's show only to reveal it's all a hallucination with someone walking in on his brothers and their friends (and Coach Z) sprawled out across the basement tripping out and then deciding to join in, all while still being kid friendly?

:stinko: Oh man! Those first 400 bites of dirt were not that good! Maybe the next one will be better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDHMJ20J5OI-Parsnips-a-Plenty in Spore: Galactic Adventures.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:03 pm 

I loved literally everything about that.

(Then again, as the parent of a one-month-old, my sleep deprived mush brain might be making me like it more than I normally would have. The day after I had her I was watching the Skills of an Artist videos on Youtube and laughing with tears rolling down my face....nurses probably thought I'd lost my marbles.)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:21 am 

This one reminded me an awful lot of Blubbo's. This is because Blubbo's was so surreal and nonsensical, that was made it good and I'd say the same about Yonder Website.
Well, it reminded me a bit of email #100 (flashback) with the knee bending scene like the dancing scene.
Well, there's "children's programming". For Kids.
Heck, the music's like the skills of an artist episode with Character 1 and Character 2, which in turn is a lot like the Dangeresque game.
Man, this one reminds me of a lot of the Homestar Runner universe.

Emrys, the trippy nature of this one probably had the same effect for a lot of people that sleep deprivation has. Maybe, uh, you're not as sleep-deprived as you think? Or maybe it'll have no effect on someone like you. Anyways, congrats on having the little 'un.

Gfdgsgxgzgdrc wrote:
That was what I sometimes like to call a pile of sauce. The sauce pile, I say, it has two flavors; mint and shoe styles. The plot was like a bag of beans, blended into a smarmy café. The character designs were a little slice town. Which slice it was? The characters will never know until they discover their own individual spice. That's what makes the shoe styles so far out. I don't know the gumption, but I can assure you, some sauce pile gots the spice. That's right.

Methinks you captured the essence of Strong Bad's narrations quite well there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:30 am 

Location: Umm.. Look behind you a three headed CHALLENGE!!!!!
Oh crap, we forgot a poll. Eh, heck with it, here's my fakey, not worky version.

5/5- Spice of Life!
4/5- Far Out!
3/5- Inordinate Enough
2/5- Lost Gumption
1/5- Expired in 2007

:stinko: Oh man! Those first 400 bites of dirt were not that good! Maybe the next one will be better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDHMJ20J5OI-Parsnips-a-Plenty in Spore: Galactic Adventures.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:40 am 

Added.

As for my opinion, doesn't it seem out-of-character for H*R to show blatant implications of drugs/alcohol?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:40 am 

Nah, Strong Bad and The Cheat got drunk on soy sauce in personal favorites. And let's not forget Coach Z drinking Listerine.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:45 am 

Actually, for some reason I felt that one was less blatant than Coach Z with the Listerine. Rather than necessarily hallucinogenic drugs, it was so surreal (like Blubbo's as I said before) that I thought of it more as "nonspecific psychedelic phenomenon".
I don't know about yous guys but on occasion at work (or, in the past, school) I'll just have a random episode of euphoria where I just can't concentrate too well and am jittery and giggly. No substances involved. One specific time, it was intermission in class and I took out my pencils and started playing air drums (something I tend to do anyway) but this time I was euphoric for the next hour with the catchy music stuck in my head. I believe I was thinking of was "Crossfire" by Stevie Ray Vaughan. There's also a little guitar solo I wrote where if I listen to it, there's a fair chance of this happening.

Well, now that the poll is up, I voted a 4. But I'm not particularly generous with ratings... if I liked it, it's a 4. If I looooved it, it's a 5.