So, how was it?
5/5: Yay, yay-yay! 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
4/5: The one where we kiss! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
3/5: Demonic barf powers! 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
2/5: "Jaundiced Jerry will never marry." Three times! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1/5: Why are we in this cartoon? Don't know. Don't care. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0/5: I hate these dang ol' photo boofs. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Haunted Photo Booth (Halloween 2017)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:34 pm 

Obligatory wiki link

This one didn't generate a ton of laughs from me, but I just... really liked it somehow. Kind of like Experimental Film, which wasn't funny but was cool. This is a fair 5/5 for me.

My favorite part was the Jibblies Painting.

Bubs is my 2nd fave character on the site, and rightfully so, he has the priceless lines. This time (not so much the line as the situation)- the Y2K glasses.

:hr: "Does anybody here know if it is either illegal or unethical to wanna eat yourself?"
:kot: "I sure hope not!"
Well, now the KOT has a costume where he takes a bite out of himself.

Only on the second watch did I realize that "Jerry and Gabby", who are getting married, were the butt of Strong Bad's quips. I thought it was arbitrary names.
Jaundiced Jerry will never marry
Dabby(??) Gabby's always crappy

I've been out of the loop (haven't we all) so I forgot about the Poopsmith-Homsar easter eggs.

The intro threw me off. When Marzipan was insisting Homestar go into the photo booth, then when they did, I just thought they were outside of a spooky house and talking about going into one, I didn't realize it was an actual background. If it were a true haunted house in the distance, then it would be blurry because the camera is focused on the foreground. But since it's a picture, it should not be blurry since they're all in about the same field of focus. So I think the blur is actually an incorrect detail.

Last edited by TheTinyGiant on Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Haunted Photo Booth (Halloween 2017)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:24 am 

I;m with you on not getting a ton of laughs from it, but it was still a great toon nonetheless. Also, this year there were only three costumes I didn't recognize (Homestar, KOT, and Strong Mad), which was a first for me. I loved the two Twin Peaks references (Homsar as The Man From Another Place genuinely cracked me up) and all of the costumes that I did recognize.

Also, does the end screen feel kind of... off to anyone else? Like, they all seem weirdly far apart from each other.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:24 am 

EDIT: Didn't mean to double post, sorry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:53 am 

Whoops. How did I not realize there was already a forum topic? Sorry. Just merge or delete that one.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:13 am 

Gfdgsgxgzgdrc wrote:
Whoops. How did I not realize there was already a forum topic? Sorry. Just merge or delete that one.

No probalo, Gfdgs. For all I care you might as well edit your post to have what you had in your other topic.

GreenEggsAndHamlet wrote:
I;m with you on not getting a ton of laughs from it

In all honesty it's pretty hard to get a laugh out of me these days, it's more about making me smile. I guess I was trying to say that while I didn't laugh that much at this toon, I enjoyed it a lot, even more than some others that do make me laugh more. A 5/5 rating from me is actually kind of hard to get.

The end screen did not seem unusual to me. But in my typical culturally illiterate fashion, I was able to recognize only one costume. Par for me is three or four.

I didn't expect to drop by this topic so soon, but I could not help myself from editing option 4/5 to have the ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) in it. After all, Marzipan does sort of give Homestar that look.
Oh, and to add the wiki link.

Very subtle- did anyone realize that when Homestar kissed his bat instead of Marzipan that the bat may be a very subtle jab at Marzipan's shape:
:sb: "Her head is... more like a baseball bat." (SBEmail 70- big white face)
Of course it's possible that the joke was duping Homestar into kissing something else while she backs out, and the bat was the obvious object to use. TBC may not have been thinking about how Marzy's head is shaped like a bat.

Completely off topic. I don't know how many people know this, but if you want to quickly quote someone, click inside your text field, then click "quote" for the other person's post, and it will appear in your reply formatted as a quote complete with author name.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:11 pm 

I just loved that I was able to recognize so many of the costumes this time around. This must be how normal, more culturally-literate people feel every year.