2/5 Not really that much of a big fan at all. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1/5 I can't take another day of this garbage relationship! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: Mr. Poofers Must Die
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:16 am 

HTML · YouTube · Wiki

Post subject: Re: Mr. Poofers Must Die
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:30 pm 

This was pretty funny overall, I love the whole concept and 'Mr. Poofers pretended there was such thing as a roundish box' i really funny to me.

That said, I'm a little sad that they seem to have given up on easter eggs altogether.

Post subject: Re: Mr. Poofers Must Die
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:00 am 

I have mixed feelings on Homestar Runner going into mixed media, as opposed to it all being (soon to be obsolete) Flash. As such it becomes harder to track, and more ambiguous. Like... does the wiki have to update every time Strong Bad tweets?
But I am also comfortable navigating Youtube, including using hotkeys to do some special functions. Letter "K" for quick pause/unpause (space bar works but requires video to be selected), right/left arrow keys, and comma and period buttons for frame by frame. Easier to pause and go back if I think I missed something.

I liked when Homestar mentions that Poofers eats pimecones. I am thinking of SBemail secret recipes (#134 or something?) when Homestar tries to dupe Strong Bad and The Cheat by passing a pinecone off as "diaper pie. I mean regular pie", then gets duped into eating it himself.

Poopsmith putting a reassuring hand on Strong Sad's shoulder. Come to think of it, I don't recall anyone other than Strong Bad demonstrating a reluctance to touch or be touched by the Poopsmith. I remember when he threw (literally) Homestar and the KOT out of his house then marched the Poopsmith poking him with a serving fork. But instead Strong Sad doesn't even flinch.

Stlong Mad! Did you just say "proximity"?!?

With the Coach Z/Pom Pom collaboration, I figured it was just like how Pom Pom stores stuff inside his body, including Strong Bad when he plays hide-n-seek.

I see the "characters from yonder website" trope is here to stay though, and I've rather liked that one.

Freshasabagel wrote:
That said, I'm a little sad that they seem to have given up on easter eggs altogether.

I think the yonder website bit qualifies as an easter egg, in the vein of the ones where you had to wait at the end. The Youtube seek bar makes it more obvious, but if you're watching full screen as I do then it's less noticeable.

Overall though I was kinda underwhelmed, it was a little more "...huh?" than funny to me. With surreal stuff I think I preferred Blubbo's Drive-Thru Whale. Anyways, I give this one 3/5.