Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:52 pm 

i havent heard that name for it since Metal Gear Solid.....otacon...what a dork.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:53 pm 

That was great. 10/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:01 pm 

yey! i loved this one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:07 pm 

I guess all I can say is t'was a good short. I think it could of had pontential for a much bigger toon, but hey, it's labor day, and TBC need a break. :)

4.5 Homsar's out of 5.

:homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: .5/ :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:08 pm 

Argle. Is it just me, or are TBC getting more and more risque? I mean, with the recent Strong Sad's Lament, and now the skimpy clothed girls comment, I'm beginning to wonder...

5/10

No, I don't know how to put the little accents on the e's...

Last edited by Douglas on Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:26 pm 

Douglas wrote:
Argle. Is it just me, or are TBC getting more and more risque? I mean, with the recent Stro Sad's Lament, and now the skimpy clothed girls comment, I'm beginning to wonder...

Yes, that was weird. I hope they don't get too serious with this, as one of the main reasons I like H*R is because of the light-hearted humour.

Post subject: Trogdor Con
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:04 pm 

Awesome! 9/10 just because SB was in it. I liked the part where homestar was walking by. Right Left Right Left. I was laughing out loud. A new stinkoman update too! Whata great update1[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:14 pm 

I loved this short! And it has been a very long time since the last short they made.
By the way: what is a gamertag?

And I love that part with :sad: when :sb: says: Oh, and we've hit a snag; and with: You...are... a butt. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:21 pm 

"Just for fun I think I'm gonna start throwing boxes of gamertags at dudes wearin' kilts."

If that line doesn't make it to Quote of the Week... well, I won't do anything. But still, that's a great line. The whole toon was spot on. Homestar being... well, Homestar (wow, that works two ways!), The KOT easter egg, the barrage of insults in the easter egg, everything with SS, SB not realizing 1987 is long gone... yeah. This rocked.

9.5/10, just to leave room for error.

EDIT:
@SRapi: Ooh, ooh! I know this one! You know we have a wiki, right?
Also, try not to use the character icons, just say the name of the character. And that semicolon is unnecessary if you have the word "and," but now I'm just splitting hairs. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:56 pm 

Wow. I was expecting a Labor Day toon. This was definately a pleasant surprise! (maybe they'll release a Labor Day toon later or something...a belated labor day..a belabor day..?)

Anyways, every little bit about this short was quite kick-butt( is that better? :P ), especially the easter egg (not the KOT one...I didn't really like it.).

All in all, it was pretty awesome. I give it an Eh! Steve.

:ehsteve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:13 pm 

Definitely the best thing they've done in quite a while. The "Hey, loincloth!" comment was hilarious.

And so many toons lately! Heck with SB emails, I say keep these coming!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:29 pm 

Location: At The Eastmost Peninsula in the toilet of my heart
Pretty good! 7/10. I loved Homestar dressed as himself, the lame jokes about manga/anime and this quote in the easter egg: "The fact that your costume is accurate down to the tiniest detail does not change the fact that that TV show SUCKED."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:19 am 

I loved this toon. Everything that Strong Bad said was hilarious.
It's kinda good seeing Strong Bad after those shorts without him. It feels sort of, rejuvanating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:39 am 

ChickenLeg wrote:
This is a very funny short, even if it's not a Labor-Daybor short. Heh. I really liked Strong Sad's costume. :sad:

And in the KOT easter egg, it sounds like he's turning into the Incredible Hulk. WIth all the green, and... anger... or possibly the Inedible Eater or something like that.

Five trogdoors out of five.
No, he'd turn into the incredible Bulk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:10 am 

Very good toon with one of the best easter eggs ever. 10/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:17 am 

SuperNova wrote:
Very good toon with one of the best easter eggs ever. 10/10

Which egg?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:38 am 

I was roffling. 8/10

I need to go back and watch the easter egg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:41 am 

I really liked this short. I thought the funniest thing was the way Strong Sad said "anime". Just like the way he said "baklava" in Strong Bad Is In Jail Cartoon. I also liked Homestar confusing left and right as he walks past the booth, "I don't know how The Cheat got $500, or where your missing $500 is," and both of the Easter eggs.

I'd say 9/10. I would have liked it more if more characters were in it (Pom Pom, Coach Z, and maybe Homsar), but then I guess it would have to be a toon instead of a short to be able to fit all of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:57 am 

Douglas wrote:
Argle. Is it just me, or are TBC getting more and more risque? I mean, with the recent Strong Sad's Lament, and now the skimpy clothed girls comment, I'm beginning to wonder...

Alright, it's only been two posts and I'm already getting tired of this line of thought. Strong Bad making reference to "ladies in skimpy costumes" is not risqué. Were you brought up in Victorian England or something?

Quote:

alt+e = é. Join us next week when I'll be telling you the number combinations for all the umlauts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:03 am 

Just talking about it wasn't bad. I could see if they had actually shown the skimpily clad ladies, yeah, then you'd be able to call it risqué.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:05 am 

:sb: "Well, you're a... butt." *Smiles*

XD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:29 am 
Man, this was a great cartoon. Although Strong Bad seemed to be acting a little weird, I loved it. I loved the Cheat's horn, the million sided dice thing... and the your just a butt...awesomeness...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:29 am 

Quote:
Which egg?

The one where Strong Bad comments on the people who pass by.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:10 am 

Why is everyone targeting the "skimpily dressed ladies" part as being so risque? Strong Bad already mentioned having children with Ali and Ali's sister like forever and a half ago, there are constant references to beer and there was an email about flipping people off. "Fingers" had SB dreaming of Strong Sad's corpse everywhere, we've had the Coach doing all kinds of weird stuff, Seniorial Day vaguely poked fun at the homeless, there's a friggin' Poopsmith, Strong Sad's bellybutton is the result of being hit with a drill, and there's a lot more I can't remember.

Hell, I think the "If I see one more guy wearing a diaper" comment was WAAAAYYY worse than the skimpy-clothed women line, for anyone familiar with, well, THOSE people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:17 am 

DJ Soul Camel wrote:
Douglas wrote:

Alright, it's only been two posts and I'm already getting tired of this line of thought. Strong Bad making reference to "ladies in skimpy costumes" is not risqué. Were you brought up in Victorian England or something?

Quote:

alt+e = é. Join us next week when I'll be telling you the number combinations for all the umlauts

I agree. Let's not forget that TBC have done way more than merely reference scantily-clad women. Pom Pom's girls anyone?

As for my two cents, this "short" (at four minutes we'll use the term loosely) was kind of unremarkable. I thought the Poopsmith's return as a Sleestak was funny and Strong Sad's black toenails were chuckle-inducing as well. I didn't care for Strong Bad in the toon, but his insults in the easter egg were very funny.

I understand why some people may be miffed by the scantily-clad women references. We all have our pet peeves. I personally didn't think the "Rotunda" insult was funny. Fat girl jokes have never made be laugh, and my girlfriend is a big beautiful woman. None of that changes the fact that Homestar Runner and his Associates rock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:05 am 

Quote:
Fat girl jokes have never made be laugh, and my girlfriend is a big beautiful woman. None of that changes the fact that Homestar Runner and his Associates rock.

I know what you mean. My girlfriend is also a big beautiful woman so I tend to frown upon fat jokes. Apart from that I absolutely loved it. Appearences by Homestar and Strong Bad and heaps of quotable lines. I just wish it had gone longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:11 pm 

I need to see if I can find a convention here in England, they seem to be common in America and Japan, what about us Brits?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:19 pm 

The only thing I didn't like about this was that it was titled 'Trogdor-con' but Trogdor wasn't in it!

I need my Trogdor fix!

Anyway, my favorite part was "but....you're....a butt."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:11 pm 

This short roxxed. So many funny moments, and I love how Strong sad said anime wrong (it's a French word, not a real Japanese one). And like when SB said about Japanamation.....that term is almost politically incorrected XD

9/10
Trog-dork wrote:
The only thing I didn't like about this was that it was titled 'Trogdor-con' but Trogdor wasn't in it!

I need my Trogdor fix!

There probably weren't any dragons at DragonCon ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:13 pm 

wahaha, that was great.... although I was hoping to see other stands, like maybe bubs trying to fleece people with pirated stuff or something....
But yay, :hr: was definitley the best in this one.
And :sad: . I dunno. :)
But I enjoyed this. 8/10

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next