Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:06 am 

Location: In your garbage, having a look for any incriminating evidence.
W00tNess Welcome Back.
I'm back from my... winter.... holiday from all of you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:48 am 

Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
Well, this was a very enjoyable toon, and a nice nod to the fans at that. I think I'll post something better in the morning... when I've had me a baloney sammich.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:34 am 

Heh, I went to homestarrunner.com just to hear the new quote of the week. And I saw a "weclome back" button. What could it be? I pressed

and then I realized that I, JudgeDeadd, have discovered a new H*R toon before the others did!
I also was the first one to post a Wikilink. What's up with wikilinks anyway? It usually takes a few relpies before someone dares to post one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:23 am 

Mbtiru wrote:
There seem to be a few technical improvements, though maybe that's just my imagination. Some of the character animations seem more... lively, for want of a better term (e.g. when Bubs is on the island, and we cut to a close-up shot, the way he moves and turns his head seems to be improved).

The part with the swinging tires was actually pretty impressive, especially the way the shading changed on the tires and the characters as they moved. I also liked the way the camera suddenly zooms in towards Homestar Runner near the end of the toon. And of course, the way Bubs' coffee spills from the cup when he moves his arms in the beginning.

There are a lot of small touches like that. Nothing earth shattering, just small changes that stand out from the usual fare. Seems The Brothers Chaps have learned a few new Flash tricks while they've been gone.

I noticed the same things. The animation does look better, although Homestar has always been one of the more well-animated Flash cartoons. Still, though. Maybe they were at Flash Summer Camp? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:21 am 

Y'know what? After watching that, I have a craving for baloney sandwiches.

Yeah, a new toon!
Does this mean we're back to the old Monday-update schedule?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:33 am 

Who knows sarge, at least there has been an update though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:09 am 

That was awesome. Loved the return of Cool Tapes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:08 pm 

That was hilarious, theres something about Bubs yelling BAH-loh-NEH!!! that makes me laugh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:15 pm 

Location: Underneath a big clock at the corner of 5th Avenue and 22nd Street...
Oh, :hr: sleeped through June. That explains the lack of updates, and is worth it too. Man I am so happy now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:01 pm 
Lechable Robot Mod

Yahoo! It's been so long, and I thought this toon was a great way to start back up again. I love when TBC acknowledge their absences, like with the dusty compy.

My favourite part was also the everybody song at the end. It was a great way to wrap it up, methinks. KOT's "whateva!" was also frickin' funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:19 pm 

Aww, now I feel all warm and fuzzy. Like the world is right again. Thanks for putting in a ton of inside refs, I was getting a bit rusty on my Homestarry knowledge. ;)
So when I saw the new toon was called "Welcome back", I imediately sang out "Your dreams were your ticket out!" And then it was the page title. XD Also, sometime in May I was saying I would like to sleep through June, because nothing interesting happens in June (that's why she is the lamp). So are TBC tapping my MSN convos or reading my mind or what? Do I need a tinfoil hat?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:11 pm 

hey guys...

I heard that the new homestar cartoon might've referenced my narwhal diving game, but after watching it, I'm not sure! The hrwiki page says it is, but now it says that my game is a reference to a TMBG song? I've never heard "AKA Driver", and I'm curious what was meant. Was the narwhal comment referencing some TMBG song that my game appears to also reference? Ah!

Anyway, it's not that important I guess, but I'd love to know if the Brothers Chaps have actually heard of my game. Any insight would be awesome. Oh well, the cartoon was characteristically hilarious. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:40 pm 

Meh. 5\10. Lots of standing around, not that many funny lines, IMO. Nice that TBC are back, but here's hoping they update with more funny next time.

Quote:
I thought it was funny when Strong Bad actualy did jump out of the plane, but they didn't get in on cammra.

I'm convinced he faked it. Just seems like pretending to jump out of an airplane to impress the ladies is a Strong Bad thing to do. Not to mention "all the celebrities [he] met in midair."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:05 pm 

Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
Well, you never know. XD For once, SB could've actually done what he said he did! I guess, like the Poopsmith talking, we'll never know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:04 pm 

Teh Ch8t wrote:
I lorved it. I tried to make an animated avatar of Bubs doing that dancing thing when selling bologna sandwhiches, but too high a KB. ><

try resaving it using the GIMP. That'll fix it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:15 pm 

Cybernetic Teenybopper wrote:
Well, you never know. XD For once, SB could've actually done what he said he did! I guess, like the Poopsmith talking, we'll never know.

LOL. I agree with CT. I think it's much funnier to believe he actually did it and told the truth this time and just messed up and didn't get it on film. Although, I didn't see any celebrities landing anywhere behind him. haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:08 am 

Maybe while Strong Bad was falling, he saw the celebraties on private jets, hot air balloons, or on private floating islands! Either that or they just blew away. But I don't know about the narwhal, and I like the floating islands. That stuff is always in videro games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:27 am 

Quote:
I thought it was funny when Strong Bad actualy did jump out of the plane, but they didn't get in on cammra.

I'm convinced he faked it. Just seems like pretending to jump out of an airplane to impress the ladies is a Strong Bad thing to do. Not to mention "all the celebrities [he] met in midair."[/quote]
I'm not so sure. When he complained about messing up the recording, it seemed real. SB is normally a very obvious liar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:37 am 

My friend showed me one of my new favorite quotes from this toon:

:bubs: "You shut your face!"

Priceless. X3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:38 pm 

where was coach z, :coachz: they never talked about it, was he a counsler a the camp?, which one?,or was he just there becuase heis life is so pathetic.

My new favorite :hr: Qoute:

I know walk up to my friends a say "wats up my brudders"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:43 pm 

flatfootedninja wrote:
where was coach z, :coachz: they never talked about it, was he a counsler a the camp?, which one?,or was he just there becuase heis life is so pathetic.
Ugh, my head. Please try to use at least halfway proper English next time. As for Coach Z, it's probably a little bit of both. He was probably lonely and whatever, so he got a job at the Gluten (Or Glutton) Camp to at least do something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:53 pm 

I was just glad to see them back in the game, and for coming up with a good excuse. I wish I could have slept through June B-). BTB kudos to Ramrod for helping with the wiki, not that I'm doing anything. :cheatgrin:

+++++-//=========/*8901ikg

Post subject: Yeah
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:40 pm 

Yeah they updated. Now we don't have to listen to people complain about no updates. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:18 pm 

keneniah6 wrote:
BTB kudos to Ramrod for helping with the wiki, not that I'm doing anything. :cheatgrin:
The funny this is that is my forst real important edit. I mean, I've done a few minor things, but this was bigger. In fact, to learn how to do some things, I looked on other Wiki pages to see how it worked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:43 pm 

You know, when I first heard of "Weclome Back" while browsing the wiki, I thought some editor here missed a typo or something.

Anyhoo, this toon was actually pretty good. Loved the "Gluten/Glutton Camp" stuff. Hey, when'll a "Cool Tapes" CD come out? <10/10 or a :senor: - so cool you don't even know it's cool>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:37 am 

inandoutburger wrote:
You know, when I first heard of "Weclome Back" while browsing the wiki, I thought some editor here missed a typo or something.

Anyhoo, this toon was actually pretty good. Loved the "Gluten/Glutton Camp" stuff. Hey, when'll a "Cool Tapes" CD come out? <10/10 or a :senor: - so cool you don't even know it's cool>

Well, Cool Tapes has to come out on tape or it's not a Cool Tape anymore. I can see it now: "Cool Tapes II: The Other Side Of The Cassette!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:39 am 

Nice welcome back for the fans.
I liked the Cool Tapes tour stops.
I thought I passed through Topiarianapolis last week.
9/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:40 am 

It was a nice way for TBC to start back up again, it gave a lot of funny answers to the question where the heck did they go. I especially like the SB hitting play when he meant to hit pause and pause when he meant to hit play. :p

Good stuff 8.5/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:45 am 

My favorite part of this new toon is the Eh, Steve easter egg. I continue to be amazed at how H*R generally seems to appeal to a "younger" audience, yet they throw in so many "older" references. The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan was released in 1963 (two years older than me!) and gets no commercial radio airplay anymore even on "classic rock" and "oldies" stations. The whole toon was a great concept and very well done IMHO. But, seeing TBC spoof one of my all-time favorite Dylan albums just about put me on the floor!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:21 pm 

I'm prooty sure that the norwhal thing is a reference to Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next