Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: No Mothers day toon?!
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 4:55 pm 

Man, I'm dissappointed.
I was really hoping for a mothers day toon, but as of 12:54 pm (GMT-5:00), there asent one up.
what gives? i mean, don't TBC make toons for most of the holidays? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 8:19 pm 

They've only made one Mother's day toon. What I'm REALLY ticked about is that they didn't make a Christmas cartoon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 9:00 pm 

I wasn't expecting them to make another mothers day one. The one that they have is fine with me. I wish along with NickleBad that they had made a Christmas toon

"I say Homestar, whats twelve butts by pies?" -SB

"I want to thank all the pies and pie ppl for coming today.." -HR getting knocked out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:40 pm 

I never EXPECT them to do a holiday toon. The way I look at it, it's just a bonus to get holiday toons.

I mean, did any of you EXPECT "Under Construction"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:06 pm 

Nope. In fact, I was disappointed when they didn't update the site that Monday and instead waited for Thursday to roll around :) Then I realized "OMG APRIL FOOLS :D :D"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:08 am 

TBC basically do holidays when they feel like it. Except for Halloween, which they pull off extremely well. In my honest opinion, I think it's best that they don't do every single holiday. Why? Well for several reasons.

1. If you do Christmas every year, you become cliche. If you become cliche, you sell out. If you sell out, you get owned by Nickelodeon. If Nickelodeon owns you, then you will not be the same again. (See Spongebob Squarepants and Invader Zim.)
2. Christmas has very limited things to do. What CAN you do with Christmas? The nativity (Which TBC has already done), presents (Ditto), and A Christmas Carol (Which would break rule #1 a whole lot) Now, Halloween has plenty to go with, and every character can wear a different costume every year. THAT does not becomwe cliche, so Halloween is kept. (This is why The Simpsons does Halloween, but not Christmas so much)
3. Minority groups might miss out on the whole feel to it. Sad, but true.
4. TBC do some great work already on the site. We shouldn't pressurise them into doing a cartoon for the holidays when they've already done so much.

Those are my opinions, anyway. Please don't flame me for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 1:34 pm 

Strong Lad wrote:
A Christmas Carol

But can't you just see The Cheat as Tiny Tim?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:29 pm 

Clearly Strong Sad would have to be Tiny Tim. He already did the line in "Holiday Greeting".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:29 pm 

Location: somewhere in the crowd of people in stus backyard...
everything strong lad said and also the fact that they have to fulfill all those t-shirt orders.i read in an interview that they get a ping pong table to lay them out.for the april fools i didnt even know it was april fools day when i saw that so i was freaked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:21 am 

They probably will make a Christmas Carol cartoon one of these Holiday Seasons, but TBC are so original with what they do it probably wouldn't be cliche'-ish at all. But, yeah, doing one every year (a Holiday toon) would ruin the originality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:44 am 

Except for the halloween ones!

Those are always pretty different, and always great! And they usually feature a secret appearance with Homsar doing something funny, as well as the Goblin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:26 pm 

I meant the Christmas or "Holidays" since not everyone celebrates Christmas. I was using ht polite term. :) Guess stuff isn't as obvious on the net.

But, yeah, the Halloween ones are great since there's so much you can do, so i would only excuse them for not making one if they were busy working on like, a Homestar movie or something. I always thought it's be cool to have a full-length Homestar movie on the site. But think how long it'd take to load, even on fast computers!

Post subject: Wasn't disappointed
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:47 pm 

None of them HAVE mothers! Even Marzipan dosen't have a mother (Her dads the KoT)! How could they do a toon with no one to do a toon about?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:24 pm 

Well... There has to be a Queen of Town, right? That'd be an interesting toon: The Queen of Town. Or maybe, its like, him trying to find a wife. And, its like, "No one wants to marry the KOT! Seriously!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:29 pm 

I can see where this could go. It doesn't take the sands of time to predict that someone could come up with a whole series of ideas revolving around the mothers of the characters. But hey, that's the great thing about this, isn't it? Without the imagination of the guys on the Wiki, we wouldn't have Other Other character E-mails from "Homsay" (Sic). So much imagination for a character that we only saw a glimpse of.

Anyway....

The QoT would probably not look like the current KoT, as Marzipan was present when her dad was the Schvelt young Prince. Perhaps that's why we don't see her anymore. The Queen, I mean. Because the K/PoT became too fat and uncool, that she left him. *Sniff*, how sad. Anyways, If mothers were brought into the show, they would probably only exist in painting-type form.
Oh, and I bet 2-1 that if someone asks Strong Bad about mothers, it would be about all of the Strongs expressing completely different images about their mothers. Y'know, where Strong Bad talks about his mother as a warrior woman, and Strong Sad talks of the same one as a loving woman that cared for all of them. Still, worth a try, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:59 pm 

Strong Lad wrote:
1. If you do Christmas every year, you become cliche. If you become cliche, you sell out. If you sell out, you get owned by Nickelodeon. If Nickelodeon owns you, then you will not be the same again. (See Spongebob Squarepants and Invader Zim.)

Nickelodeon is cool, so is Invader Zim and Spongebob Squarepants. but for some reason, i would STILL like HomestarRunner.com better than all that.

^ part of my favorite song

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:32 pm 
I only exptect them to do Halloween. Although, back in April, I knew it was April Fools, so when I saw a stick-figure shoveling what turned out to be pudding, I wasn't really suprised. With Christmas, there's not much you can do. On the other hand, there's lots you can do for Halloween. Here's a list:

*Ghost stories (already done, but can be reused a little)
*Trick-or-treating (already done, but can be reused)
*Jack-o-Lanterns (already done)
*Seance(or however you spell it)(already done)
*Pelting houses(already done)
*Haunted house
*Going into woods

Mothers Day is a one-time-only thing, so I didn't really think they were going to redo it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:10 pm 

TBC did one Christmas cartoon (and it was crappy). All the other holiday cartoons of that nature were "Decemberween."

Post subject: Re: Wasn't disappointed
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:50 pm 

Clever Danielle wrote:
None of them HAVE mothers! Even Marzipan dosen't have a mother (Her dads the KoT)! How could they do a toon with no one to do a toon about?!

Listen to the first Halloween one. Strong Bad says (when talking about his costume) "I did the sewing, and Mom helped me with the fruit..." or something along that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:56 pm 

The original post for this was made over three months ago. Can we please just let it die?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:30 pm 
TBC is slacking off pretty bad. I mean, think of how musch stuff they sell from the store. All those people demand new stuff. And these guys are lazier by the second.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:48 pm 

meeko wrote:
TBC is slacking off pretty bad. I mean, think of how musch stuff they sell from the store. All those people demand new stuff. And these guys are lazier by the second.

That's just rude. If you're not living with TBC, then you have no frickin clue whether they are lazy or not.

Don't personally insult people you've never even seen face to face.

Matt's married now, anyway. Have you ever been married? Do you realize the kind of time THAT eats up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:45 pm 

Location: In my house with my two kids, Bulldozer and topofsm.
Clever Danielle wrote:

You might want to watch the Isle of Pom catoon. They show Pom-pom's mom and dad. And, no one is really sure if the KOT is Marzipan's father.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:16 pm 
Quote:
Have you ever been married? Do you realize the kind of time THAT eats up?

Well, how would you know? Only 8% of gays marry.
*Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:47 pm 

meeko, please leave your flamebait at the door.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:27 pm 

I will personally ban him if I have to! Meeko keep your insults to TBC and fellow forum-goers SOMEWHERE ELSE! If you wna to be part of our community, then you'll have... to... (gtes stares from IJ and JoeyDay)

Yeah, I'll just let you two handle it, then...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:23 am 

Ok, Meeko, 1 more thing like this, I'll have to report you to the mods. I don't think they will give you a second chance.

Your "Not so best friend",
ThatGoblin :goblin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:33 am 

Uh...his post made me a bit uncomfortable. Meeko, totally unwanted post. Totally. That post...against rules and kind of scary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:24 am 

It was a one hit wonder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:26 pm 

Getting ontopic...

I think, even though they don't have to make a toon for EVERY holiday, EVERY year, a few of the holidays (such as Thanksgiving, and, yes, Mother's Day) could use a new, revamped take on the holiday. I dunno... I'm not TBC!