Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cardgage Incarnate
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:37 pm 

I can't see that anyone has brought it up, but I think this character on Brit sitcom 'Him and Her' is the spitting image of a live action Senor Cardgage. His name is Dan and he is the main characters' creepy upstairs neighbor. No single image I can find quite captures his essence but this comes close:

In this typically magnificent scene, Dan wanders into the apartment wearing a wife beater and a towel. The main guy character is hosting his girlfriend's parents for the first time, so no one notices his presence. He moves from room to room, examining their toilet brush, licking the inside of a candy wrapper, and fiddling with the setting on the stove. Finally he grabs a banana to eat on his way out, leaving without having directly interacted with anyone, but having put his greasy fingerprint on the scene nevertheless.

Anyway, if they ever make a live action adaptation of h*runner, I nominate this guy. He's a pair of oven mitts and a muttered malapropism away from the perfect Cardgage; anyone closer is probably living under a bridge.

Post subject: Re: Cardgage Incarnate
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:16 pm 

Creepy...................... Looks like that guy that lives five stories above me that eh-em, "makes" candy. By that I mean Mr. Cardgage. And by that I mean board games.
Wait, Whaaaat?
The only difference is that the creepy guy I know spends his time in a tissue box.