Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:41 pm 

Well, I was planning on watching them in order, but noooooooooooooooo Noah was insisting that I watch Dragon and Japanese Cartoon first.....

So then I forgot to watch them in order, having forgotten to watch Super Powers almost a year after I learned of HSR >_>

TOTPD :eekdance:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:23 pm 

I used to think Strong Bad was a girl.

I CAN EXPLAIN!!!

See, the first thing I saw was Fluffy Puff Commercial, and all I knew was Homestar. Then I went to the Toons menu, and I saw Strong Bad (didn't know his name back then) on the TV Guide menu cover. But I couldn't see his legs. With his head and body looking like they do, and me not sering his legs, it looked like a girl's chest with a black shirt.

I'm going this way. (runs)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:26 pm 

RUasking4Achallenge wrote:

I CAN EXPLAIN!!!

See, the first thing I saw was Fluffy Puff Commercial, and all I knew was Homestar. Then I went to the Toons menu, and I saw Strong Bad (didn't know his name back then) on the TV Guide menu cover. But I couldn't see his legs. With his head and body looking like they do, and me not sering his legs, it looked like a girl's chest with a black shirt.

Um...that's....weird... :-|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:27 pm 

The Smiling Assassin wrote:
Um...that's....weird... :-|

This I know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:02 pm 

With his head and body looking like they do, and me not sering his legs, it looked like a girl's chest with a black shirt.

I can't see it. No matter how hard I try.

That makes me normal! ...right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:24 pm 

I used to think Pom Pom was a girl because of the Homestar Talker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:33 pm 

I CAN EXPLAIN!!!

I see it!! I see exactly what you mean. But now I'm deeply disturbed. But I guess that's your payback to me for that webbed-footed Marzipan picture I sent you. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:02 pm 

Princess of StrongBadia wrote:
I see it!! I see exactly what you mean. But now I'm deeply disturbed. But I guess that's your payback to me for that webbed-footed Marzipan picture I sent you. ;)

That never happened. I refuse to acknowledge that so that my brain won't explode again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:21 am 

When my friend showed me homestarrunner he showed me teen girl squad first. So when I saw the character page, I thought Pom Pom was gonna be Cheerleader.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:24 pm 

I used to think Pom-Pom was a girl :P I actually thought that until it mentioned his ladies, sometimes still think of him as a girl for a second.

:pom: = :marzi:

F--!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:40 pm 

I hated Coach Z. Now, I think he's kinda funny. I still don't like Marshie though... I didn't like Bubs much when I first found H*R either, but now I like him, actually more than Coach Z.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:54 pm 

I agree... I really dislike Marshie... But I think we're supposed to.

My favourite character is probably Homsar, and he annoys the heck outta most of my friends. ^^

Last edited by DorianGray on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lesson 2: All the swears

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:03 pm 

You're not supposed to use "hell" like that. You might want to edit your post before you get in trouble or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:18 pm 

Yeah CXD you should check the forum rules. They're always at the top of a catergory like toons or forum games. Something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:56 pm 

Unknown wrote:
I used to think Pom-Pom was a girl :P I actually thought that until it mentioned his ladies, sometimes still think of him as a girl for a second.

:pom: = :marzi:

F--!
Whoa! Well, just remember this, Mazipan ha stated that she's the only girl, so we now know for sure that Pom-Pom i a guy, along with the rest of the bunch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:35 pm 

You are all strange! how can pom pom be mistaken for a girl??

Sorry, i just don't see it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:33 pm 

Well, Pom Pom doesn't really look too much like a boy either.

ramrod wrote:
Well, just remember this, Mazipan ha stated that she's the only girl, so we now know for sure that Pom-Pom i a guy, along with the rest of the bunch.

Marzipan isn't the only girl in the H*R universe, she's just the only female main character so it's given her the wrong impression. Not counting alternate realities like TGS, there's still a few girls, like the unnamed one and Strong Bad's mysterious mom, and don't forget Pom Pom's 20-something girlfriends!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:59 am 

Joshua wrote:
Well, Pom Pom doesn't really look too much like a boy either.

ramrod wrote:
Well, just remember this, Mazipan ha stated that she's the only girl, so we now know for sure that Pom-Pom i a guy, along with the rest of the bunch.

Marzipan isn't the only girl in the H*R universe, she's just the only female main character so it's given her the wrong impression. Not counting alternate realities like TGS, there's still a few girls, like the unnamed one and Strong Bad's mysterious mom, and don't forget Pom Pom's 20-something girlfriends!
Well, we haven't seen Pom-Pom's girls, besides in the first halloween toon. As for the unnamed girl, she has appeared once, in a very minor role.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:32 am 

Like ramrod, I still do say home-sar sometimes. Because that's how I used to say it. Back in the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:03 am 

I got confused with the Brothers Strong I always messed up the last names.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:15 am 

Beyond the Grave wrote:
I got confused with the Brothers Strong I always messed up the last names.

Ya, I did that too. And I always wondered if the chef and the blacksmith were ever going to come back. Man, I'm weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:18 pm 

I'm reading everyone talking about how they used to call homsar homesar. To me, the HOM sound was completly clear. I DID used to call him HomSTAR since that part was unclear to me. I also used to think since SB's instant recognition of it, that homsar existed before his email, and someone actually wanted homsar to die. I was kind of unsure about personal favorites, but since I watched them all in order I figured they didn't exist. I used to think Sir Strong bad was Strong Bad's father. (i guess he could be their grandfather.)
Oh, and I thought Trogdor actually became a main character. I had a total misconception of what The Cheat looked like due to my friends horrible paint rendering of him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:48 pm 

Black Metal wrote:
I also used to think since SB's instant recognition of it, that homsar existed before his email, and someone actually wanted homsar to die.

Me, too. I kept on looking earlier Homsar appearances, but I couldn't find any, leaving me extremely confused. It wasn't until I found the wiki that all became clear. :homsar:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:06 am 

Well, uh, some guy linked me to the site, and uh.. the first thing I saw was Parsnips a Plenty and I was like ...

Geez this seems like a boring site.

Then I saw sb emails and I was like did they mix around bs or something?! Maybe it's funny.

At that time, the newest e-mail was 99 (different town). And you know I didn't know any of the characters so I didn't really get it.

Then I saw the search for the Yello Dello, and I was wondering how Homestar shrunk himself and gained 200 pounds in one of the scenes...

I thought the King of Town was really the king of the town, and that the Poopsmith was a major character.

Oh, yeah. When I started looking at the e-mails from 1-99, when watching #2, I thought Homsar was already a character, and I didn't really find it funny except the heavy weight being dropped on Homsar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:10 am 

No Smorking wrote:
I used to think Pom Pom was a girl because of the Homestar Talker

Oh yeah I still don't get that... "Strong Bad and Pom Pom are totally going out" <-- What's that supposed to mean? Is Pom Pom a *cough* bi? Or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:19 am 

Don't double post, and remember, boys and go out with each other, just not on dates, that's all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 pm 
Lechable Robot Mod

Correction: Boys can (and do) go out with each other on dates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:12 pm 

The first time I saw personal favorites I went back and looked for those other emails. I don't think I realized they weren't there until I saw the FAQs page.

But the main confusion I had was about Strong Bad emails in general. I thought "If it's an email then how are those kids supposed to know what he is doing when he stops typing?" I thought it was supposed to be viewed as an email, but now I know you view it more as a video/cartoon thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:27 pm 

The Tire wrote:
The first time I saw personal favorites I went back and looked for those other emails. I don't think I realized they weren't there until I saw the FAQs page.

But the main confusion I had was about Strong Bad emails in general. I thought "If it's an email then how are those kids supposed to know what he is doing when he stops typing?" I thought it was supposed to be viewed as an email, but now I know you view it more as a video/cartoon thing.

You're weird. Didn't you realise at the time that they view it in the exact same way your veiwing it? :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:36 pm 

DumDeDum wrote:
You're weird. Didn't you realise at the time that they view it in the exact same way your veiwing it? :rolleyes:

Kind of, I just thought that it was a weird way to answer an email.

I also thought that it was supposed to be Strong Bad not knowing people could see him so it didn't make sense to me when he talked strait to the camera, or at least where the camera would be if it was filmed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next