Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fan Art...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:36 am 

shame... I use to have a reason to come to this message board. whenever I made a HomestarRunner fan toon I’d post it here, see what people think and get animation tips. cant do that any more. apparently the moderators think it was to much work to keep up with a heavy traffic area (Off Topic). Fine have it your way (Burger King) close down the only fun part of this forum. seems like only a year ago I could come here and enjoy the Excellent Art work of the Homestar Runner Fans (Who I’d say most of em' or at least a bunch of them are Animators, I know I am. :eekdance: ) Look I know my post doesn’t matter. this will get dismissed and others will direct me to other topics similar to this one. Fact of the Matter is Boooo! Boo to you HomeStar Wiki Forum Moderators, you took all the Fun away. don’t get me wrong the wiki is great! its any info about any Homestar thing ever... except for the shallow pool of underground great fanimations that has built up over the years...

I’ve said what I had to say, besides replying to this very topic I will no longer post here. I know, my post count is very low but I am just as experienced in message boards especially Homestar ones.. (http://www.independenthomestar.com was my ideas put to work. its no longer working because of insufficient funds... we all know how that is... Homestarrunner.net)

Also Recognize the Fact that Having a HomeStarRunner Fan Art Section isn’t going off the HomeStarRunner Topic.

Thanks Tenerence Love

Post subject: Re: Fan Art...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:15 am 

Sorry that I can't add that much to the conversation; I joined after Off-Topic had been deleted. But, you could post any fan stuff here, I suppose.

Favorite quote from latest toon: What latest toon?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:33 am 

Monkeytender wrote:
Sorry that I can't add that much to the conversation; I joined after Off-Topic had been deleted. But, you could post any fan stuff here, I suppose.

I Hadn’t Seen that before thanks for pointing it out to me! I was very disappointed :sad: when I thought I couldn’t enjoy peoples homestar fan art. I Still Firmly think a fan art section is necessary

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:34 pm 

Tenerence Love wrote:
apparently the moderators think it was to much work to keep up with a heavy traffic area (Off Topic).
That's not really why... The off-topic section was cluttered with people who didn't care about Homestar anymore, and it was hard for new users to be welcomed in, so those sections were shut down and those groups moved to other forums (most of us are over at SinisterClub.org).

As for the fanstuff, that's a different story... I haven't been an active user there for a long time, so I don't really know what happened there. I hope they find a solution someday, but in the meantime, we aren't really obligated to host a fanstuff site, so I think people should put together their own fanstuff site and hopefully run it better than it was here...