Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: A New Forum?
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:51 pm 

As we all know, this forum is overflowing with spam. But complaining isn't going to help. Our admins have been hard at work trying to remove the spam, but new spam still shows up every day.

I came up with what could he a risky idea: what if we made a new forum entirely?

I may have sprang into action a little too soon. I am actually currently constructing a new forum for us, at free forum-hosting website FORUMOTION. I will give the link when its finished. Just posting about this in a regular topic may not do any good, but considering how small the community here is, it should probably be good enough.

What I'm asking, is: is this a good idea? Any objections? Anyone? Anybody? Strong Sad? Dumpus? Anyone? Hello? Hello? Marzipan? Hello?

Post subject: Re: A New Forum?
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:34 pm 

The spam isn't the forum's problem. The forum's problem is that the Chaps are not releasing any new content, and therefore there is nothing to make topics about. A new forum won't change that.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:17 pm 

DorianGray wrote:
The spam isn't the forum's problem. The forum's problem is that the Chaps are not releasing any new content, and therefore there is nothing to make topics about. A new forum won't change that.

Wow, I feel like an idiot for not realizing that before.

I'm probably going to halt production immediately, unless anyone has any objections. Let's shift focus to laser limes. Or maybe just laser beams.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:36 am 

DorianGray wrote:

No, it's a fairly recent problem that started early 2011 & went out of control this year. I think it's bots.

Is it that hard to allow old users to become new mods? It's gotta be esier than coding new user security.

Maybe we should try whatever forum system they're using at Yugioh Abridged; you have to add a birthdate, agree to forum rules, answer a show-related question, & type in a captcha. It's vBulletin. ::Checks their website:: Never mind, they're waaaaaaaaaaaaay too expensive.