Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: first time here link and some phpbb mods
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:55 pm 

just to let you know, the "First time here?" link just takes you to the wiki main page. I know it takes like 2 seconds to change that link.

chatbox
also, i would just like to make the admin aware of a cool chat addon to phpbb. its called chatbox made by smartor. its a lot less annoying than pjirc and if you're registered at the forum its at, then you just click chat. no security popups or waiting. not to replace chat.hrwiki.org, but its cool to check out. you can try it at this forum, but remember, you have to register.

homestar talk mod
when i saw this i couldnt think of a better forum to use it on. on this phpbb mod, when you type text you can highlight it and translate it to homestar talk. if anyone's interested, i can tell where to get it, but i just tried it on my forum. i just removed it, however, because it doesnt fit as well there as it would here. example, heres this message translated:

when i saw this i couwdnt think of a bettew fowum to use it on. on this phpbb mod, when you type text you can highwight it and twanswate it to homestaw tawk. if anyone's intewested, i can teww whewe to get it, but i just twied it on my fowum. i wiww pwobabwy wemove it soon, howevew, because it doesnt fit as weww as it wouwd fow this.

...actually, it could get annoying if people started posting like that, but i just thought you guys should know about it, if you already didnt know.

Last edited by porplemontage on Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:02 pm 

Yeah, that's annoying aabout first time here.

Post subject: Re: first time here link and some phpbb mods
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:00 pm 

porplemontage wrote:
homestar talk mod

I don't think any mod could possibly more obnoxious than this one to have on our forum.