Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Wrong First Impressions
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:34 am 

Okay, when you first visit HomestarRunner.com, you're kind of new and all, right? So I'm sure everyone has had at one point a wrong impression about a certain character at first. My two are...

1) Marshie - When I first saw him, I thought he was a girl, cause of his voice.
2) Homsar - First saw him in Where's The Cheat? and thought he was a humorously-drawn Homestar Runner.

Oh, yeah, and I had almost forgot. Not exactly a character, but...
When the "Duckie Shirt" main page was released (around the time when I was new) I thought it was a new Powered by The Cheat style of animation. I was upset because I didn't like it as much.

So now you can tell your stories!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:27 am 

Marshie isn't a girl?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:42 am 

Phlip wrote:
Marshie isn't a girl?

And you're not a bwoom?
But really, he's a he.

When I first saw Strong Bad, (characters page) I thought he was the villan-bad dude. Technally, he is, but everyone knows SB is cool now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:54 am 

I used to get Bubs and Pom Pom mixed up. And I used to pronounce Homsar as Homestar without the t ("Home-sar").

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:15 am 

when i was new, "Parsnips A-plenty" was the newest toon and i was watching them from top-down.... i was really confused...

for some reason, i never got confused with marshie...
and the main page 20, i always knew about that... i seen sbemailahundred before it's release

and i got the cheat and the sneak confused

used to ask "is that the sneak??"

and when i saw "wheres the cheat" i thought they where finding game-cheats or something, untill i saw graw mad with that photo.. then thought "oh!, THAT'S the cheat!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:31 am 

A long time ago, I once went to Homestarrunner and saw the intro theme, I was on a main page and so close to experiencing the awesome Homestar universe, but instead I changed websites, but I came back when my dad saw an article about it in Entertainment Weekly like half year later. The reason I turned away was because I thought it was just another stupid vulgar cartoon like all the others because I thought the intro was making fun of mentally ill people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:18 pm 

•Rainer• wrote:
And I used to pronounce Homsar as Homestar without the t ("Home-sar").
Yep, I used to do that as well. I sometimes slip up and say it once in a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:25 pm 

Well, I thought Marzipan was a female version of that popsicle stick guy who used to be in Nickelodeon (way back then in the 1990s (okay, so it's not that way back then)). You know, since her head looks like a stick and her eyes look like that Nickelodeon stick's eyes. Also, I thought Homsar was Homestar, so when I first watched interview, I thought that this email was also the toon The Interview, and I already watched that, so I turned away, missing the chance of a funny email while I kept on looking for the emails with Strong Bad getting drunk from the soy sauce, the Grape Nuts Robot, tape-leg2, Pom Pom vs. Coach Z knife fight, the holy crap old email (yes, I thought they were real, but that's before I visited the FAQs page). The same (in Homsar is Homestar) was thought for the email homsar, so I thought Strong Bad was trying to kill Homestar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:22 pm 

Shim-Sham-Sam wrote:
I kept on looking for the emails with Strong Bad getting drunk from the soy sauce, the Grape Nuts Robot, tape-leg2, Pom Pom vs. Coach Z knife fight, the holy crap old email

LOL. I did the same thing.

Then I decided I was do email #1, than #2, 10 emails a day until I did every single one. I was disappointed and confused when I reached "personal favorites" without finding those emails.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:24 pm 

Joshua wrote:
Shim-Sham-Sam wrote:
I kept on looking for the emails with Strong Bad getting drunk from the soy sauce, the Grape Nuts Robot, tape-leg2, Pom Pom vs. Coach Z knife fight, the holy crap old email

LOL. I did the same thing.

Then I decided I was do email #1, than #2, 10 emails a day until I did every single one. I was disappointed and confused when I reached "personal favorites" without finding those emails.

Yeah, I watched all the emails in order two or three times until I realized that they were fake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:26 pm 

Personal Favorites was an evil plot by TBC to get all their newcomers to check out all the old emails, I tell ya. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:08 pm 

Well, before I ever went to Homestar, I had heard a couple things about it, but not much. The only things I had heard of was that there was a comic about teen girls and a game about a dragon named Trogdor. Now these have nothing to do with each other, right? The result was that I thought the website was a place where a lot of different flash artists post their cartoons, like Newgrounds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:42 pm 

When I saw my very first sbemail, it was "spring cleaning", i beleive, I saw Strong Bad's reflection on the screen, and, seeing the silver horn-like things on his mask and hearing his voice, I thought he was some kinda bull or a demon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:49 pm 

Well, my friend Noah had told me about it some morning, with my friend Jack and him quoting like....the First Time Here thing and Japanese Cartoon. So I called him that night, frantically asking him what he had told me to go to (he had given me instructions to go to Japanese Cartoon >.>). First I watch the First Time here thing, utterly baffled by the humor and laughing my buttox off. Next he eventually directed me to the SBemails, with "funny" being the newest, and the Coach Z heart attack thing was the rap....also confused by that >_>

And I watch Japanese cartoon.... o_o It was like....some kind of voice speaking to me ^-^ And I continued to watch and watch and watch.....

One of the things I got confused with was Bubs and Coach Z, seeing as Current Status was an email I randomly watched one tiem >_>;; Something I constantly searched for was the true origin of "How do you type with boxing gloves on?" It was like watching an episode of DBZ with no prior knowledge of pervious episode at first....but soon I did catch on.

Course, I did alla the classic n00b Homestar things as well. Prounounce Homsar as Homesar....wonder where the emails from Personal Favorites were....yeah >.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:57 pm 

okay, I'll admit that when I first saw homestar's whole body I thought he was on stilts.
but before I watched anything else on the site I watched the fluffy puff commercial at least ten times, and I thought that was his whole body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:19 pm 

Shishu Hiwatari wrote:
Something I constantly searched for was the true origin of "How do you type with boxing gloves on?"

Another thing that I did when I was new but forgot to mention. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:36 pm 

I have some VERY weird first impressions:

1.) When I first saw Trogdor, I only saw half of it, so I didn't know that someone asked SB to draw a dragon. I thought the whole entire website was about dragon drawings. And when SB said "let's go see how the other students are doing", I thought that meant he was an actual art teacher.
2.) Personal favorites was one o' the first ones I watched, so I too looked for those emails. When I'd finally seen all of em, and none of em had that in it, I thought that the website had to eliminate old emails to make room for new ones. So when Monday approached, I was all like "Ahhh! Some Kinda Robot is gonna go away!! I better watch it ten thousand times!!"
3.) The first time I saw Homsar was in interview. So, I was thinking "how come Strong Bad didn't notice that horrible misspelling of Homestar?" and "how come SB is pretending that Homestar is short and fat and wears a hat and says weird stuff?" Then the real Homsar walked in the door and I was all like "WHAT THE??!!", so yeah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:56 pm 

The first cartoon on the sight I saw was dragon. And because the first cartoon I saw was a Strong Bad email, I thought he was the star of everything.

And I guess he is.

Last edited by The Smiling Assassin on Sat May 14, 2005 7:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:58 pm 

Location: In my house with my two kids, Bulldozer and topofsm.
And he pretty much is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:32 am 

The Smiling Assassin wrote:
The first cartoon on the sight I saw was dragon. And because the first cartoon I saw was a Strong Bad email, I thought he was the star of everything.
Wait, he isn't? Almost everything has to revolve around him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:35 am 

•Rainer• wrote:

Same here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:43 am 

kellan6 wrote:
•Rainer• wrote:

Same here

that's weird... i NEVER did that, mainly 'cause when homsar first appeard strongbad DID pronounce it HOM-SAR

so.. why would we pronouse it HOME-SAR??

it makes no sence to me.
:homsar:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:38 am 

DumDeDum, MS paint master wrote:
kellan6 wrote:
•Rainer• wrote:

Same here

that's weird... i NEVER did that, mainly 'cause when homsar first appeard strongbad DID pronounce it HOM-SAR

it makes no sence to me.

Because he looks like Homestar, that's why >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:07 pm 

kellan6 wrote:
•Rainer• wrote:

Same here

it makes no sence to me.

Ditto. I never did that because SB so conveniently shows us how to pronounce it in the email. My Mom used to do that though. :eek:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:04 pm 

Ha, I never did the Homesar thing or look for the Personal Favourites emails. Go go watching them in order!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:50 pm 

Dark Grapefruit wrote:
Ha, I never did the Homesar thing or look for the Personal Favourites emails. Go go watching them in order!

Yes, Dark Grapefruit! We are alike. of course, when I came out, they had just made Sugar Bob, so I was immune to the Personal favorites mistake. My first impression was that Strong Bad Emails was a game, but that didn't last long. I also thought that the Black Smith and Chef were inmportant. Other than that I had no reall wrong first impressions, because everything back then was really clear and easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:11 pm 

Ekul wrote:
Dark Grapefruit wrote:

Yes, Dark Grapefruit! We are alike. of course, when I came out, they had just made Sugar Bob, so I was immune to the Personal favorites mistake. My first impression was that Strong Bad Emails was a game, but that didn't last long. I also thought that the Black Smith and Chef were inmportant. Other than that I had no reall wrong first impressions, because everything back then was really clear and easy.

WOAH, you been here a long time!!

when i came, the newest one was colonisation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:14 pm 

Ekul wrote:
Dark Grapefruit wrote:

WOAH, you been here a long time!!

when i came, the newest one was colonisation.

Mile was the newest when I came. And speaking of which, another wrong impression I had was that it took me forever to figure out that I could watch cuz I thought you were supposed to click the red "new" sign. :blush:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:47 pm 

Location: Disinfecting the Internet with my homies, Spam Slade and Dr. Watchem
Back before I had even heard of Homestar Runner, a couple of kids in my class went to the site, and, since I was sitting next to them, I decided to drop a few eaves. I didn't catch much of it, but I somehow managed to get it into my head that Bubs was an evil version of Strong Sad, probably because they're both somewhat stocky.

About a year later, a few people were talking about Strong Bad on a forum I used to post at. They were quoting lines, and I thought he was supposed to be some kind of kid superhero.

Once I finally found the site for myself, though, and watched a few toons, I caught on pretty quickly. I never had any confusion with Homestar/Homsar pronunciation or the nonexistant favorite emails. ...Although that's probably because I watched the emails in order. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:33 pm 

I did watch them in order, I just thought that I had missed them somehow.