Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:09 am 

I like this e-mail. It was slow...predictable...and then...Strong Sad came up and exploded the universe with his ramblings. All the easter eggs at the end made up for the boringness...

Plus, this is the first (and maybe only) e-mail to have a title that has parentheses in it.

My boring score: 7.5/10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:18 am 

Yea, kinda slow/dissapointing. Still, better than nothing. I do miss them Stinkoman levels though....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:42 am 

FireBird wrote:
Very, very unlikely.

It just seems to me that it had to be a prank of some sort. I wouldn't think they'd aim it at one e-mailer like that, so I would have to conclude at least something along those lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:44 am 

Well I really enjoyed watching this e-mail... though any subsequent views of it by my part will probably result in great boredom. It was a different style than usual.. perhaps TBC are running out of good sbemail ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:49 am 

Oh my god. This email has jumped to numero uno on my list of favorites.
This was the most hilarious email ever. I just love how slow everything was going, and the Strong Sad coming in. Great. Another thing I liked was seeing "sbu" in Strong Bad's list of three letter words, and his reference to theme park.
25/10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:54 am 

Seaborg wrote:
Well I really enjoyed watching this e-mail... though any subsequent views of it by my part will probably result in great boredom. It was a different style than usual.. perhaps TBC are running out of good sbemail ideas.

oh for the love of god. people say that in some form for like EVERY EMAIL. its getting so annoying!

BTW, I have decided that this is my fave SBemail ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:07 am 

I liked this e-mail. I loved the way they brought back the caffienated Strong Sad. Hilarious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:36 am 

The Email itself, I wasn't too impressed with. It just kind of dragged. Though, as others mentioned, seeing Strong Sad in caffeine mode again was quite a surprise.

The thing I enjoyed most, though, was the new scoll-buttons song, which was quite welcome after about six months of "Scroll buttons and the Lappy". And it was a classic tune, too, with Marzipan's first scroll buttons theme.

Of course, I found it odd that there was a six-month gap between new scroll button songs.

Ben F. Schumin :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:37 am 

Change of pace here
thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssss waaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaail.
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrd waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
I give a 10/10 :eek:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:15 am 

Yes, it was a gimmick. But it was a pretty clever one. Don't be too hard on it. TBC obviously knew what the e-mail was, and they even gave a pretty clear warning in the "(really)" part of the title. They've been known to make fun of themselves on occasion (tape-leg, the basics). They could have done this for many reasons. I think it's plausible that they did this in response to getting too many requests for new e-mails (BTW, Firebird, I really liked your "explanation" for why that is "unlikely"). I think that the caffeinated Strong Sad was sort of a way of rewarding anyone who watched that far into the e-mail. Up until then, it was, well, boring. It was cute. It was one joke stretched over maybe three minutes, but that in itself constitutes boredom. Although I did like the line "More like I see" and the close-up of Bubs. You simply can't go wrong with Bubs.

The easter eggs were great too, especially the Niels Bohr thing. The only thing missing from this e-mail was that they missed a golden opportunity for another easter egg in the words "vex, tar." I betcha TBC could think up a pretty awesome spin-off character named Vextar; perhaps a new one-eyed green slimy villain for the Cheat Commandos? That reminds me. There better be some new Cheat Commandos stuff. Soon. I crave it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:16 am 

Eh, this one really didn't do anything for me. The only funny part was with Strong Sad. 6/10

I wanna saying TBC are losign their touch cause this one sucked, but I know it's not true :P
Anarchy_Balsac wrote:
FireBird wrote:
Very, very unlikely.

It just seems to me that it had to be a prank of some sort. I wouldn't think they'd aim it at one e-mailer like that, so I would have to conclude at least something along those lines.

I was thinking it was gonna be a pretty sweet email, seeing as it was a whole entire 8 hours late. But alas, no.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:24 am 

Remember "funny," when Strong Bad tried to be funny, but ended up not being funny? Well, the situation is opposite here, it's so boring, it's funny. But really, thank goodness I was not drinking something when watching this email, or I would have 110% spat it out when Strong Sad makes his sudden CAH-RAZY caffiene appearance with the Deathly Pallor music. I also liked Coach Z's remark about job/jorb. I also liked the Easter Egg with Pom Pom, his girlfriends, the King of Town, Homsar, and Poopsmith at the party, singing to the song from montage. Overall, pretty good, especially with Strong Sad's performance.

Good job, you usually depressing and boring guy. :sad: And who ever knew that being boring could be used as a cute joke?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:35 am 

This was the best email since secret recipies. Coach Z was great, Bubs was great, Homestar weas great, Strong Sad wins a Funny Peace Prize.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:47 am 

It was very funny. Fav line: I'm practicing... closing... my eyes. I'm not very... good... at it... though.

14 characters and a smiley (1/2) of 15 characters:

:hr: :sb: :sm: :sad: :cheat: :cheatgrin: :bubs: :coachz: :marzi: :pom: :kot: :poop: :homsar: :trogdor: :) / :hr: :sb: :sm: :sad: :cheat: :cheatgrin: :bubs: :coachz: :marzi: :pom: :kot: :poop: :homsar: :trogdor: :ehsteve:

Last edited by TotalSpaceshipGuy3 on Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:02 am 

Man that was the greatest thing ever. They were smart in using boring stuff leading up to something very,um, interesting. But towards the end it was kinda boring though.
4 charecters out of 5
:hr: :sb: :bubs: :kot: / :hr: :sb: :bubs: :kot: :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:03 am 

Heh. Nice. I liked bubs.
"296"
Thats close to 300. I learnt that in school!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:37 am 

I loved this email. I love how they were all moving so slow, and then Strong Sad comes in all hopped up on caffeine again. 9/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:44 am 

(sorry i couldn't be here to update the title. Thanks interrupter jones!)

Heh! this email was great. just loved all of it.

10/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:47 am 

This email is further proof that TBC do lots and lots of tasty drugs.

And maybe a few that aren't so tasty.

Post subject: boring? spot on!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:54 am 

that was horrible...it WAS boring. i mean, i understand why thats funny, but they took it too far, for too long i think. That SS bit shouldve gone for a bt longer too,
thats was a little too weird i reckon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:58 am 

Wow, that was great. The last few e-mails, shorts and toons were pretty low, and this was funny, I actually laughed, and heaps of times as well. Well done, the Brothers Chaps.

Fanfics and more

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:19 am 

It looked like pretty much everyone who liked it, only liked it because of a breif five seconds with strong sad.

I didn't like the music. It sounded more like a short toon than an e-mail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:32 am 

feelgoodinc wrote:
It looked like pretty much everyone who liked it, only liked it because of a breif five seconds with strong sad.

Not true. Me, and some other people here, thought that most of the "boring" part was hilarious. But Strong Sad was too, don't get me wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:10 pm 

That was hilarious. The whole thing seemed incredibly surreal, which made it quite funny. Caffeined-up Strong Sad's reappearance was welcome, and the Easter Eggs were cool. The brick counting was reminiscent of Planet Zebeth, heh.

A solid e-mail. 10/10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:41 pm 

wow, that was a flop, the only part that even raised a smile from me was when Strong Sad appeared. And the girls from the Pom Pom cartoon that used to be on the site many moons ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:25 pm 

Location: At The Eastmost Peninsula in the toilet of my heart
That was... boring. So boring... that it was... hilarious. Caffeined Strong Sad makes a comeback and the easter eggs... were great. Now I'm going... to lie down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:12 pm 

That was great. Very booooringly enjoyable. Three points I liked:
1: I remember learning that at school.
2: Return of coffee StrondSad
3: Easter egg.

It's an overall good email. I'll put it on my list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:13 pm 

Until the very end where Coach Z says "Hold it Strong Bad I think jorb is a four letter word," it was pretty boring. 6/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:26 pm 

That was pretty good... I liked the close up on Bubs's face. "148?... That's almost... 150." "Yeah. I remember learning that in school." I laughed. But, it it just me, or is Strong Sad getting wierder and weirder? With his "NOBODY BUY THE BLUE ONES!" and now his random caffeinated thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:37 pm 

This Email was hilarious! It's like, the email started boring, but when you least expected him, Strong Sad pops out all crazy-like. I also found the boring part so boring that it was funny. Not last place. Ding!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next