Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Awesome ten outta ten.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:50 pm 

Location: At an Axe Gauntlet concert, booing Axe Gauntlet off the stage
This was a very good update. Just what we've all been waiting for! (And keep in mind, lots of people who don't have the Wiki to turn to can't tell when Strong Sad's Lament is updated, or even that it exists.) My mom and I personally appreciated the Rotunda comment, because we used to have a cat we called that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:20 pm 

This was a pretty-awexome short. I liked how TBC referenced some things that actually happened at the real convention. My favorite parts were...
Homestar dressing up as Homestar
:hr: :Left, right, left, right, right, no wait, left, right...
And the easter egg with all of Strong Bad's comments.

Alls in Alls, 9/10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:13 pm 

Heh, it was pretty fun ... The easter eggs had me cracking up.

Did anyone else think the KoT, with the peas on his head, his expression, his heavy breathing and the way he was talking, look like he was about to transform into some kind of Hulk of Town?

KING SMASH!

Anyway ...

I tried adding an inside reference to the wiki article that I caught, but got shot down by the others.

I was afraid that'd start happening ... I think I'll avoid participating in the wiki from now on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:34 pm 

Hey, did anybody else notice this?

When you go to the 'virus' main page, and hover over the yellow bubble that says 'new short,' The Cheat's little horn-a-ma-jig shows up on the right side of the screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:38 pm 

Kate wrote:

When you go to the 'virus' main page, and hover over the yellow bubble that says 'new short,' The Cheat's little horn-a-ma-jig shows up on the right side of the screen.
Heh. That's a nice find! Apparently it's already in Fun Facts. I think they should edit this virus page more like this, according to recent changes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:07 pm 

You know what would have made the best easter egg?

TROGDOR VS. GODZILLA!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:21 pm 

My second favorite short (after Experimental Film). I give it an 8.5/10.

The making fun of the costumed geeks was a great Easter Egg, I was laughing SO freakin' hard. My favorite quote, though, was definitely about the ladies in skimpy outfits:

:sb: "Are you sure they're in the same place as the geeks and nerds? That doesn't make any sense. Ladies in skimpy outfits should be hanging out with me... and to a lesser degree, football players and rappers."

Also Strong Bad's comment about "It's called japanimation!"

All in all, a great update.

DISCLAIMER: The preceding post was the opinions of Nate, and should be taken as his two cents. Actual exchange rate may vary by location, see stores for details, void where prohibited under penalty of torture.

It's not like I can easily give up...the feelings...of needing her. - Sohma Hatsuharu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:23 pm 

I guess this short was ok, but I realy want a new Strong Bad email! Im ENRAGED that they havent updated them in 3 or 4 weeks! Arrrg, why are they releasing so many new toons? This realy lowers my respect for TBC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:33 pm 

What? How can you say that? Just 'cause they don't update Strong Bad Emails every week makes you not like them as much? That's not...good.

I liked this toon. Homestar concentrating on walking is great. Seems like Homestar has trouble performing the most basic functions. Tee-hee.

I'd give it a 4/5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:09 pm 

I loved this short, return of strongbad was quite refreshing, as someone put it. I've heard about cons, but have never gotten the chance to go to one (which stinks because half of the sites I like frequently take booths at Cons). Anydangway, Homestar's costume of himself was awesome and reminded me of the time he badly imitated himslef (I spelled it that way on purpose) on a fake Awnser tape. The Cheat's horn sold me instantly, and the fact that Strongsad dominates the domain of Cons was awesome.

:homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :coachz: :bubs: / :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar:

9.5/10
:homsar: =2
:coachz: =1
:bubs: =.5

Because none of them made an appearence.

By the way. It seems to me that peas should have a Wiki page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:10 pm 

The_KOT wrote:
I guess this short was ok, but I realy want a new Strong Bad email! Im ENRAGED that they havent updated them in 3 or 4 weeks! Arrrg, why are they releasing so many new toons? This realy lowers my respect for TBC.

You should've maybe thought that post out a bit more before you hit "submit"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:09 am 

The_KOT wrote:
Well, I for one like that they are focusing more on toons than the e-mails. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the emails, but they're better when they're not every week. It adds more to the flavor. The flavor....of e-mail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:19 am 

Obomaru wrote:
Kate wrote:

Heh. That's a nice find! Apparently it's already in Fun Facts. I think they should edit this virus page more like this, according to recent changes.

Hmmm... well it wasn't when I posted this. Sweet! Perhaps I was the first one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:24 am 

I liked it :trogdor:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:27 am 

The_KOT wrote:

I love how every time an email is updated we get someone saying they need to focus more on toons and vice versa.

Post subject: I was at DragonCon 2005!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:37 am 

One of the highlights of this fantastic weekend was dealer booth 101 - the Homestar Runner booth. I got to meet Mike and Matt, get Strong Bad's autograph, and a photo op with the Homestar puppet.

Imagine my joy when, after finally staggering home Monday afternoon, I go to Homestar Runner and see this short! Strong Bad's description of the con and its attendees is entirely accurate! Including the scantily clad sci-fi girls and the dudes in kilts.

I've never understood all the guys in kilts, but any self-respecting con goer never walks up to someone and asks, "What ARE you wearing?" Are kilts sci-fi? Fantasy? Is it the whole Highlander thing? Maybe someone can explain...

And of course none of the geeks/nerds (guys) are really going to complain about the bikini thing either...

Post subject: Re: I was at DragonCon 2005!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:05 pm 

Lawson and Laitka wrote:
One of the highlights of this fantastic weekend was dealer booth 101 - the Homestar Runner booth. I got to meet Mike and Matt, get Strong Bad's autograph, and a photo op with the Homestar puppet.

Holy gosh! Did you see those new, never-before-seen toons?!?!?

Post subject: Re: I was at DragonCon 2005!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:16 pm 

Lawson and Laitka wrote:

Imagine my joy when, after finally staggering home Monday afternoon, I go to Homestar Runner and see this short! Strong Bad's description of the con and its attendees is entirely accurate! Including the scantily clad sci-fi girls and the dudes in kilts.

I've never understood all the guys in kilts, but any self-respecting con goer never walks up to someone and asks, "What ARE you wearing?" Are kilts sci-fi? Fantasy? Is it the whole Highlander thing? Maybe someone can explain...
And of course none of the geeks/nerds (guys) are really going to complain about the bikini thing either...

Hey, if you were there ...

What did Strong Bad mean, exactly, on the rip about the woman wearing a tatoo being a bad thing? Did you ever see someone that fit the description?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:16 pm 

Well I've only been to on Con, GameFest, that sorta replaced GenCon here in Milwaukee and man that was accurate.

Although there was this one very skimpily clad woman in a chain male bikini dealie with chain mail boots and such. Man she was hot... but you do see some of the freakiest lookin' folks... old women with these like full body tatoos selling like dragon t-shirts and pewter figurines and fantasy/sci fi jewelry.

The kilts isn't really sci-fi... maybe quasi fantasy, midevil stuff. There's like a whole society called something like the Society for Social Anachronism, or SCA or something, I can't remember where they basically dress up in midevil costumes, make stuff like armor and swords, make food like they had in olden times, if you've ever been to a Rennaissance Faire, then you'll see these kinda folks. So it could have been some of them, or just Highlander fans. Since that was sorta Sci-Fi/Fantasy ish.

Surprised they didn't go "Whoa.. dude you're like as big as pom pom... but at least he doesn't show his belly button."

Yeah, it was accurate ;) And the skimpily clad ladies... most times, you'll have a few. I know at game fest there were a couple sorta dressed like Strong Sad, in like these black latex platform boots, REEEEEALLY short skirts and fishnet hose with like these little fairy or angel wings on their back.

All I have to say is... most of these skimpily clad ladies at conventions are just as nerdy and geeky as the other geeky guys. If not... uhm even more so.

Surprised they didn't make some comment on the Vampire RPGers... oh they're a hoot to watch and make fun of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:23 pm 

Quote:
The kilts isn't really sci-fi... maybe quasi fantasy, midevil stuff. There's like a whole society called something like the Society for Social Anachronism, or SCA or something, I can't remember where they basically dress up in midevil costumes, make stuff like armor and swords, make food like they had in olden times, if you've ever been to a Rennaissance Faire, then you'll see these kinda folks. So it could have been some of them, or just Highlander fans. Since that was sorta Sci-Fi/Fantasy ish.

My teacher was in one of those, she loved medevial stuff. She got on Chronicle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:57 pm 

I want to get some An-ie-ma because this short was so great it was a butt

I give it these peoples :hr: :sb: :sm: :sad: :cheat: :cheatgrin: :bubs: :coachz: :marzi: :pom: :kot: :poop: out of :hr: :sb: :sm: :sad: :cheat: :cheatgrin: :bubs: :coachz: :marzi: :pom: :kot: :poop: :homsar:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:41 am 

The shorts are not dead. I'm so glad the shorts are not dead.

Anyways, I liked this toon a lot. I think the easter eggs were a major part of the humor, though. Strong Bad always makes things funnier. Homestar as himself was hilarious. I give this 9/10 for making a pretty big part of the toon as an easter egg.

I hope they go back to sbemails next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:37 am 

This was almost as good as a Sbemail though. Considering really it could have gone like --

Dear Strong Bad

Have you ever been to a convention? There's skimpily clad ladies there! You could also sell some stuff. Only $500 bucks for a booth.

The boys at DragonCon!

--

Oh hey Boys... what would YOU know about skimpily clad ladies? Although that does merit some investigation...

- The Cheat! Check on this... Trogdor Con thing... I hear there's skimpily clad ladies there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:20 am 

I thought this episode was kind of okay. Could have been funnier. But I loved Homestar's and The Cheat's performances! I also liked the KOT Easter egg, but I thought the other one was a bit too long by my normal Easter egg standards.

Post subject: Awesome short
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:00 pm 

So now we know Strong Sad has been to 2 different conventions - remember in "different town", he said he was on his way to the Clash of the Titans-con?

I was wondering if anyone knew what The Deathly Pallor's costume in this short is supposed to be - is it a specific character, or just a manga-esque outfit?

PEACE OUT!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:22 am 

Pretty good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:58 am 

Actually, it's not only the virus page that has the horn.

All of them do. Example:

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/508/actually1im.png

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:30 pm 

DumDeDum wrote:
Actually, it's not only the virus page that has the horn.

All of them do. Example:

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/508/actually1im.png
Well, if that isn't a photoshop, then that's an awesome find. If it is a photoshop, then it's a pretty good one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:13 pm 

It's not fake, I confirmed it ... but as Kate said, the horn will only pop up if you put your mouse over it when the "what's new" button is advertising Trogdor-con.

Maybe it's a goofup?

Last edited by Trev-MUN on Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:14 pm 

It isn't, ramrod. Go on the flash file of any main page and try it out yourself. Quickly! Before it isn't a new update anymore.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next