Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:19 pm 

TheNintenGenius wrote:
Thank you for revealing something that's already been revealed in another thread (specifically this one

Anytime. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:12 pm 

Indeed, quite an awesome e-mail. Randomness can be best sometimes... I honestly didn't expect a new computer would be needed--who would? Well, probably at some point, yes... Anyway, 10/10. A greatly funny and creative e-mail, one of the best in a while. Well, montage was also greatly funny and creative, of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:41 pm 

the compy!!!!
I am so upset. but now he'll get another computer.
oh well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:29 am 

InterruptorJones wrote:
Well, "mile" didn't have an actual e-mail, either.

Yea it did. Dude, the Email was written by an actual person on an actual computer, and send to the actual homestarrunner website. They just did it in the cheat's format.

Post subject: cool
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:34 am 

during the e-mail the top of the e-mail page melts you will see the buttons you see on the menu page.be fsst pick one you don't have much time to watch the whole thing.

YOUR NOT A BROOM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:35 am 

Jack Selby wrote:
Yea it did. Dude, the Email was written by an actual person on an actual computer, and send to the actual homestarrunner website. They just did it in the cheat's format.

No, it wasn't. Listen to the commentary on the DVD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:12 am 

RIP Compy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:14 am 

Location: Disinfecting the Internet with my homies, Spam Slade and Dr. Watchem
Oh my gosh! This has to be one of THE best e-mails ever! And I'm not just saying that because we (most likely) have a new computer to look forward to. It was definitely one of the most creative e-mails I've seen in a while. I especially liked when Strong Bad jumped out of the screen. Homestar's head falling off was pretty hilarious, too.

A great e-mail! I couldn't think of a better way for the Compy to go out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:35 am 

One smilie perfectly describes this email...

XD

I thought it was awesome. Randomness at it's best.

10/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:27 am 

StrongZysk wrote:
RIP Compy.

Given that the email menu hasn't changed style and was updated about the same time, I doubt he'll be getting a new computer for a while, but we'll see.

BTW, semi-unrelated, but somebody needs to fix the main page on the wiki...one of the users put an advertisement in place of part of the layout. Although I removed the graphic, there's a section of page absent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:46 am 

wow, virus is probably the best email to date, I give it a "holy crap!" / "awexome", and two the Cheats up.

I don't think I've laughed so hard or seen so much crazy crap going on in a SBmail ever!

awesome awesome awesome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:55 pm 

I'm a-thinking. They only started a new Denny's Menu scrolling song last week. On the assumption that they're going to change when he gets a new computer, it will have only been there for two weeks.

So did they just decide to blow up his computer on the spur of the moment? It wasn't pre-planed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:38 pm 

PrinceOfTown wrote:
I'm a-thinking. They only started a new Denny's Menu scrolling song last week. On the assumption that they're going to change when he gets a new computer, it will have only been there for two weeks.

So did they just decide to blow up his computer on the spur of the moment? It wasn't pre-planed?

It was inevitable. It was going to happen sometime er rather. So to me, it did feel pre-planned.

Although, I keep thinking about Strong Bad's desk. They said it was referance to Star Trek, but I thought it was a Tron referance. ("Oh! Look! His desk turned in to half built RECOS or something!")

~Kamui.EXE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:27 pm 

InterruptorJones wrote:
Jack Selby wrote:

No, it wasn't. Listen to the commentary on the DVD.

Why, what did it say on it? I don't have the DVD yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:29 pm 

Jack Selby wrote:
Why, what did it say on it? I don't have the DVD yet.

It had TBC explaining that the email in "mile" wasn't a real email from a real person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:21 pm 

I do think the scroll button song thing is wierd, and the Denny's Menu hasn't changed, but at the same time I can't believe that it will turn out to be a dream or something. DO you really think TBC would do that to us?

I do however think we shouldn't expect to find out next monday, Like they did before the 100th email, I think they're going to toy with us for a while. I don't like when they do that. I'm anxious! :p

Blue Lazor: "WHAT THE CRAP?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:07 pm 

[snip]

Last edited by Rather Dashing on Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:32 am 

Wow, I'm consistently astounded by the amount of creativity posessed by TBC. This must have been so much fun to write! Definitely a ten out of ten. I'm looking forward to a new computer for the S to the B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:03 am 

Rather Dashing wrote:
i think that the Micro$haft WinDose 3.1 thing is right. but he wont have a new printer. he misuses linux in that email. linux is actually a windose alternative that is free. click the link on my signature to find out what it is. or go to http://www.linuxforum.com to learn more.

David Aderton

Please, Windows is a trademark, thus should be spelled correcty.

Back on topic, this email proved Compy 386 will be replaced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:06 am 

Location: In this weird place with pillows stuck to the walls
Wow.I'm being redundant, but that was one of the best emails. More random than "funny". Which wasn't all that funny. Anyways, I had a dream that he used one that looked like block but sleeker. I thought he might get like one of those things that are called The Box- you know, those really old computers like they have a picture of as the help dude in Microsoft Office. You know what would be funny? If there was a 1960s version of the hr crew. Strong Bad could have an Eniac. And the cheat could be long haired and freaky.

ZEEKY BOOGY DOOG!!!! *boom*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:10 am 

I say he needs an Amiga. Or I'd at least like to see "Kickstart" in the floppy disk holder.

Post subject: NO
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:50 am 

Location: Come over to my house and I'll tell you were I live. So come on over, I have cake and pie.=)
:eek: N-N-N :eek:
NOOOOOOOOOOO

Post subject: NO
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:52 am 

Location: Come over to my house and I'll tell you were I live. So come on over, I have cake and pie.=)
NOOOOO
COMPY we will miss you

COMPY
-------------------------------
First E-Mail - invisable
We Will Miss you

Post subject: Re: NO
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:00 am 

evildarkness92 wrote:
NOOOOOOOOO

evildarkness92 wrote:
NOOOOOOOOO
COMPY we will miss you

COMPY
-------------------------------
First E-Mail - invisable
We Will Miss you

You didn't have to post again to edit your post.. in fact, you could have just pressed the "EDIT" button, since, 'ya know, that's what it's there for..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:29 am 

Jack Selby wrote:
The Compy will have a few more emails before Strong Bad moves on. Though probobly not as much as The Tandy had. Also, intresting to note, first Strong Bad email, without an actual email

Am I the only one who remebers homestar hair? No email there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:32 am 

First post - know I'm gonna mess something up...

That was the most incredible e-mail ever!

I'm not sure how Strong Bad could continue to use Compy with the big hole in the middle of the screen.

Two comments - first: I think Strong Bad was much more upset about losing Compy than about the Tandy because Tandy was giving him problems and he bought a new computer to replace it. This came as a surprise.

Second, I don't think it would have been a good idea for Homsar to be there acting normal - the e-mail is all about being disjointed and pieces from different parts of the site meeting up. Besides, we've already seen Strong Bad try to make Strong Mad and Homestar say something intelligent (or at least intelligible).

Going back to play this one for the twenty-jillionth time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:35 am 

MikeT61 wrote:
Two comments - first: I think Strong Bad was much more upset about losing Compy than about the Tandy because Tandy was giving him problems and he bought a new computer to replace it. This came as a surprise.

Well, then again, Strong Bad had the Compy much longer than he had the Tandy.

MikeT61 wrote:
Second, I don't think it would have been a good idea for Homsar to be there acting normal - the e-mail is all about being disjointed and pieces from different parts of the site meeting up. Besides, we've already seen Strong Bad try to make Strong Mad and Homestar say something intelligent (or at least intelligible).

Since when is walking in a room while being onion skin'd, dropping your head to the floor, and dismantling the format of the website normal? I'd say this is Homestar at his weirdest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:37 am 

thefreakyblueman wrote:
Since when is walking in a room while being onion skin'd, dropping your head to the floor, and dismantling the format of the website normal? I'd say this is Homestar at his weirdest.

Uhhhm, Homestar does not equal Homsar, blueman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:43 am 

Well mike, you didn't mess up. This e-mail would have been great with Homsar. Normal or random, Homsar's absolutely great. But The Homestar messing with the website format was good enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:17 am 

ramrod wrote:
This e-mail would have been great with Homsar. Normal or random, Homsar's absolutely great. But The Homestar messing with the website format was good enough.

I guess I'm comparing it to the e-mail where Strong Bad gets Homestar to say something intelligent, or when he tries to get Strong Mad and The Cheat to say "Douglas." Homsar being coherent wouldn't be in the same vein as the other changes.

I would love to have seen Homsar in the e-mail somewhere, but not in the context that the virus made him "normal." Maybe if he would morph back and forth into Moderately Hot Chick, that would work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next