Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: christians
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:49 pm 

Pray for my girlfriend (i hope she still is anyway) to be saved. she has been going thu stuff but she dosen't want to accept the obvious that she needs god because it's only gonna get harder and i don't want to see her go thru that...

It's my band! please listen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:36 pm 

I will pray for your girlfriend Stolker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:49 am 

My best friends sister has Leukemia and will probably die. So pray for her. My friend is totally depressed and will reject anything fun cus he's so sad.

Please pray for me cus I have been considering suicide too much.

Pray for my Mom and aunt cus they have lost faith in God

Pray for the TBC cus they lost their Dad as most of you know

I'll also pray for all that you people request.

Oh yeah, one last thing, pray for your enemies. Jesus said love your enemy, so do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:56 pm 

I had a cousin who died of leukemia at about age 20. I spoke at his funeral. Granny's funeral, just a few months ago, was in the same church, and it brought back memories. Even though we might have hope that our relatives are with Jesus, it's still very painful for us who remain behind. We still walk through the valley of the shadow of death.

Remember, even Jesus the Son of God struggled with pain in his life. Remember his words from the cross, "Eloi eloi lama sabachthani?" (My God, why have you abandoned me?) Believe me, I know what it's like to pray that prayer myself. And yet I take comfort that, because he himself knows what it's like to feel abandoned, he is with me when I feel abandoned as well.

I do have some good news, though. My dad's feeling much better. The doctors are cutting back on his meds, and he's got work again. A lot of his depression was caused by Granny's death, but also the loss of his business. The job will help a lot, I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:17 pm 

Yay your Dad is gonna be okay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:56 am 

Pray for my friend. His dad died this morning of melanoma (skin cancer). And for my other friends who knew him, we were all close.

Thanks guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:35 am 

That's terrible. I can't even begin to imagine what the loss of a parent is like, particularly for someone young. I am terribly sorry to hear about that, topo. I pray that Christ be with your friend as he faces this loss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:24 pm 

topofsm wrote:
Pray for my friend. His dad died this morning of melanoma (skin cancer). And for my other friends who knew him, we were all close.

Thanks guys.

I'll pray... Sorry to hear about that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:40 pm 

hey y'all...

first, theres my ex, who had (and survived) brain cancer. she still has it, but theres only a little bit. so yeah, please pray that it goes away completely.

second, theres this girl in my journalism class who might have cancer. i havent talked to her yet, she just moved here and ive only seen her in class once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:09 pm 

So many people have cancer. Its sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:22 am 

Warlordofhomsaria_v2 wrote:
hey y'all...

first, theres my ex, who had (and survived) brain cancer. she still has it, but theres only a little bit. so yeah, please pray that it goes away completely.

second, theres this girl in my journalism class who might have cancer. i havent talked to her yet, she just moved here and ive only seen her in class once.

That's horrible. It is terribly sad when someone so young is put through what some older people are also going through normally.

In fact, pray for my friend for a few other reasons.

Last year, his dog died, that was sad. But at the end of the year around this time, a truly good friend of his died at 14. It seems his life is centered around depressing stuff like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:25 am 

You can pray for my 4 year old cat, Tigger. He has a kidney diease that can not be cured so he probably won't live much longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:56 am 

I just got some bad news from my mom. Her husband has been diagnosed with brain cancer and isn't expected to live much longer. Pray especially for my mom, she's going to need strength when the time comes. Pray also for me, that it'll happen when I can be there for her (she lives 12 hours away).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:48 am 

I will pray for you, your mom, and dad. Maybe he will live, you never know. Oh, and it is kind of weird, after posting about my cat, I decided to check up on my hermit crabs. I found my older, favorite one, Archibald sprawled, shelless on the ground. He is almost dead. Hopefully I cabn nurse him back to helf, but he is missing some limbs. What a great day it has been...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:31 am 

I have 2 weeks left of school, and I'm very nervous. My Chemistry final is HUGE; it covers the ENTIRE YEAR. Also, out of the 10 or so people who auditioned for the Advanced Acting troupe, I'm the only one who's really nervous and worried if I made it. Theatre is everything to me at school, probably more so than my grades.

I know I could have done at least a little better at my audition, but I hope & pray that what I did do was good enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:57 am 

Anything for my good friend Ian.

You must be a drama person. At least I think so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:26 am 

Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
Hey, I have a friend that has had a very rough year health-wise, and will be at the hospital for several days this week for surgery and other things. They could use some heavy-duty prayer right about now. Thanks everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:51 am 

I'll prayer for them, cap'n.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:41 pm 

I have a praise AND a prayer request. Me and all of my friends and family met and befriended an Italian exchange student a couple of months ago. He was not a christian when we met him, but after church camp (and many prayers) he was completely turned around! I haven't seen anyone so full of the holy spirit before in my life. He was baptized immediately, just before the end of camp. He left for Italy a few days ago, and says he wants to go and proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ there without fear as the apostles did in the book of Acts. We are all supporting him through this, but I want fellow christians to pray for him, that he may find fellowship there in Italy. Christians are hard to come by in that part of the world as it is a very secular place. Pray that Jesus Christ will draw him and other believers together. I am very happy because so many of my friends who did not know Christ are now becoming Christians and are filled with the fire of the holy spirit. I and my brethren will continue to reach out to those who have not. Praise be to God.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:16 pm 

Amen, brother! I will pray! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:03 pm 
Pizza Pizza

agentjs03 wrote:
I have a praise AND a prayer request. Me and all of my friends and family met and befriended an Italian exchange student a couple of months ago. He was not a christian when we met him, but after church camp (and many prayers) he was completely turned around! I haven't seen anyone so full of the holy spirit before in my life. He was baptized immediately, just before the end of camp. He left for Italy a few days ago, and says he wants to go and proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ there without fear as the apostles did in the book of Acts. We are all supporting him through this, but I want fellow christians to pray for him, that he may find fellowship there in Italy. Christians are hard to come by in that part of the world as it is a very secular place. Pray that Jesus Christ will draw him and other believers together. I am very happy because so many of my friends who did not know Christ are now becoming Christians and are filled with the fire of the holy spirit. I and my brethren will continue to reach out to those who have not. Praise be to God.

There are plenty of christians in italy, man. He should have no problem finding fellowship, but I'll pray for him the same. Congrats on pointing another to the path.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:37 pm 

agentjs03 wrote:
We are all supporting him through this, but I want fellow christians to pray for him, that he may find fellowship there in Italy. Christians are hard to come by in that part of the world as it is a very secular place.
Umm, I don't think Christians are in short supply in Italia. The Vatican is in Rome. He will be in the country with one of the largest Christian populations in the World.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:23 pm 

I need some prayin' over here for my youth group. We've been through three different youth pastors since February, the music director leaving the church in tears during service and not coming back to the church, and an immense amount of people in our group are losing faith. We are growing slightly, though, and we plan to go to camp and a missions trip this summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:34 pm 

Awesome, dude! Praying! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:38 pm 

Please keep my dad in your prayes as he is still in the hospital with heart problems and numerous other health issues.
My mom is going to start radiation therapy next month. Pray that all goes well and the rest of the cancer is killed.
Pray for my friend who is finally coming out to his parents.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:57 pm 

I will certainly do that, Pie. The peace of the Lord be with you and them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:58 pm 

Didymus wrote:
The peace of the Lord be with you and them.

*in homsar voice* and also with you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:43 am 

Location: >You are in a dank dungeon, possible exists are just Dennis
I pray that your father gets well, peace be with you pie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:44 am 

Thanks. He's probably gonna have open heart surgery sometime next week. Probably monday or tuesday.
I haven't prayed for him at all. I'm too mad at him to pray. I don't think he deserves it right now. =o\ Hopefully I'll find a reason to pray for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:00 am 

Sounds like you and Marshmallow Roast have something in common. More than one thing, as a matter of fact.

My father and I never got along when I was growing up. But about 2 years ago, he had a mild heart attack. I remember being so afraid, I almost left my job at Jefferson Barracks VAMC to run home to see him. Thankfully, he came out okay, but I made sure he heard me say, "I love you."

I can understand being angry at your father (although I don't know why, and don't need to - if you want to tell me, you can always PM me). But trust me, if something were to happen to him, and you never got the chance to reconcile with him, you'd regret it. Two years ago, I felt like I almost did.

I don't know if it will help, but here's a prayer you could try to pray:
    Lord God Almighty, I am angry at my earthly father for ________. Yet, you, O Heavenly Father, have called me to honor him. Help me to forgive him, and to pray for him as I should. Be with him, strengthen him in body, and grant him and me your peace. Through Jesus Christ your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next