3 - Okay 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 - Meh 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 - Terrible 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Strong Bad Email #119 - animal
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:18 am 

He got the Lappy!

Animal

Last edited by Lunar Jesty on Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:34 am 

Lappy 486!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:00 pm 

This is great i hope he will use the lappy to its full extent and answer emails in all sorts of cool places. As for the eamil it was grood as well one of the best since.. the last one.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are at 35,000 feet. Please hold onto your wallets, we're flying over Liverpool. --Unknown but probably Boris Johnson

Post subject: no more contrast!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:21 pm 

I like the lappy, but I sorta miss the contrast buttons :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:22 pm 

I believe somebody here made the call on the name "Lappy" too.

Fantastic Strongbad. All of its 42-pound, 5-minute battery goodness.

At least your email animation doesn't usually last longer than that. Though it'd be a fun gimmick for the battery -to- run out during an email or two. Or it would signal the end of the email like the Paper does. (And might I add, the Paper gets some more personality in this email; rock on.)

I believe SB's new OS is more of a UNIX environment? I like the variable-width font.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:10 pm 

Eh. I'm not to thrilled about the lappy. I don't want Strong Bad getting something to high tech or it might not be as funny. Although I did like the introduction part.

As for the e-mail...well, it seemed kind of rushed, you know what I mean? But otherwise it was good, I like Strong Bad trying to come up with animal names and the Sterrance, but huuuuuudge was probably my favorite.

:hr: "Do you know the times?"

3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:19 pm 

Funny e-mail. I agree that it seems a little rushed. But it was pretty funny when he was naming all the animals and they kept coming out as blobs.

I don't really like the color of the Lappy that much. Maybe a darker color would've been better.

Post subject: color
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:51 pm 

Quote:
i dont really like the color that much

the color of that comp is actually the color of most of those old laptops. if you look on ebay, all of those old lappys are that color

Post subject: sterrance!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:08 pm 

Location: Ryanopolis, or the old Pietimer Place. Whatever works really
:sb:
i really liked this email, i agree that the three or so animals between sterrance and the deepsea fanglyfish weren't very cool or good looking. Also, I liked Sterrance, and i want one two, i hope he makes another appearance within the next email or cartoon or so. AS far as the
Lappy 486, i think it would be cool to have it run out during a cartoon or so. But my next big question is, assumming that the Lappy hangs aroung till email 176 i think it was, that the paper will leave as a result of it, or something like as to it. . . . . .
:trogdor:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:44 pm 

i really liked it. sterrance was awesome. He is now the official animal of Homsaria. could someone make me a terrance av?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:16 pm 

The Angler Fish with Homestar's head as the lure was just too funny...

Someone commented about not liking Lappy becuase it's too high tech and might take away from Strongbads funny anticks but that 48LBS Lappy is so old school, it probably only has a 3.5inch floppy and no CD or DVD ROM, so there should be plenty of opportunities for Stongbad I assume... Not to mention all the lack of memeory and speed too..

Edit:
Oh yea, and the battery life of one half of 10 min....LOL
What's next, the old Motorola White Brick phone (aka Dynatac)with the 15min talk time..

And no, that's no me....Just some guy with a brick, thanks Google..

Last edited by BALEETED on Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:18 pm 

Crisu wrote:
I believe SB's new OS is more of a UNIX environment? I like the variable-width font.

It's impossible to tell, really. I don't think it's supposed to be (or be like) any particular OS. The most common Unix shell is "sh", including its variants, "bash", which doesn't normally use a ']' prompt (but of course it could be customized to do so). Heck, I can't think of a system where that is a typical prompt, except the Apple II which of course couldn't possibly use a 486. Of course, I've pointed out that, even though it seemed to use it, the Compy 386 couldn't possibly be using MS-DOS either, partly because "strongbad_email.exe" is way too long a filename for MS-DOS.

The variable-width font doesn't say much either way, and is actually pretty strange because it means he's using a graphical environment that is emulating text mode... not a particular characteristic of any OS I know of.

Yeah, I'm a pedant. :P

- Kef

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:37 pm 

The Lappy is cool. Its low tech enough for me.

And the email was good. Nothing really great except for a third generation of sbemails.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:43 pm 

Why the "Powerd by The Cheat" stuff, then it was not done my The Cheat on his iMAC?
Anyideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:46 pm 

The Brothers Chaps really WEREN'T lying when they said they were considering replacing the Compy 386 with the Lappy 486! Thank you, commentary tracks!

As for the email itself, it was alright. It'll probably take a bit for this new era to take off, but it was definitely pretty funny. Highlights including the Homestar Head Lure, the Lappy's system specs, and The Paper's newfound personality.

And to be honest, I really didn't find Sterrence all that cute. Or funny. Oh well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:56 pm 

The new Lappy made a great big smile come across my face :) I don't think it's too fast of a jump for technology. After all, half the site is back in time, what with Thy Dungeonman, the "advanced rhino video game" being 8-bit. Anyway, its not gnonoa run out of battery, did you notice it's plugged in? Strong Bad couldn't hold that 42 ponds with 1 hand though! You'd also think Strong Bad learned his lesson though, why didn't he do an edgarware virus check the first thing?

I vaguely remember someone suggesting laptop, but I wasn't around so much back then. Let's go find out who that was! And give 'em the 5 :cheatgrin: award!

Definitely liked the email. Those animals are hilarious. The Huuuuudge looks like a super fat The Cheat. I love that Fanglyfish, what with the talking Homestar lure "right this way everyone, free puppies, gingersnaps, pocket pcs". Was missing Teh Cheat's animation. Then Sterrence came out, big awwww factor. Rating is tricky so I won't bother with it. Definitely good though.

Post subject: lappy
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:53 pm 

I'm not sure I'll ever get used to the lappy...but I bet people said the same about the compy. Anyway, this was kind of a disappointing email, but I'm glad they made one anyway. They could have just slept off the turkey all weekend. Now we have something to talk about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:28 pm 

The contrast buttons may be gone but you can touch the screen to make the cool squishy spots.... Brilliant if you ask me. And I know you didn't, I just thought that if you would have asked me I would have said "brilliant" but since I've only posted once or twice on the board here it was never gonna come up "Hey Tucker... What do you think?" See how that would never happen? So I just gave you my answer which of course was "Brilliant" just in case you had forgotten after all my explanation of my answer. Long live the lappy.

-tucker-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:09 pm 

I knew he was gonna get a laptop computer! *sigh* I miss the compy though. email seems different in some way...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:13 pm 

Warlordofhomsaria_v2 wrote:
i really liked it. sterrance was awesome. He is now the official animal of Homsaria. could someone make me a terrance av?

Post it in the Avatar Showdown.

furrykef wrote:
The variable-width font doesn't say much either way, and is actually pretty strange because it means he's using a graphical environment that is emulating text mode... not a particular characteristic of any OS I know of.

It could easily be [graphical OS name omitted] 3.1, many of the 3.1 programs were multitasking [insert non-graphical OS name] 5 or 6 programs which could run full-screen if you pressed alt-enter. Open a command window and try it even on your '98, XP, or (may a deity forbid) ME system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:28 pm 

Anyone else get goosebumps at the startup sound? :)

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty good email overall. I was hoping more easter eggs for this one, but that's alright. Sterrance is awesome, the new feel of the lappy will take a bit to get familiar with, but it looks like it will definately work. Another quality email, proving that SB is here to stay.

"Steep prices and trees!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:31 pm 

I liked this email. Da Huuuuuuuuudge was a wee bit disturbing, but who cares. I also like it that you can make the waves on the screen by clicking on them. Overall, I give it a good prize, ding!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:01 pm 

I thought the email was fairly lackluster. I didn't find any of the animals funny, although the Huuuudge was pretty cool. The only parts I actually laughed at were the intro and the part with the paper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:12 pm 

ok email better computer or should i say "LAPTOP COMPUTER"! i scraemed. the sterrance was cute though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:20 pm 

I mostly agree with Dark Grapefruit here. The things with the animals were decent, but I really laughted about The Paper at the end. I really hope, we'll see a few more antics like this :mrgreen:

Speaking of Da Huuuuudge, isn't there some kind of giant mushroom somewhere in Washington State that looks similar?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:05 pm 

liam2015 wrote:
ok email better computer or should i say "LAPTOP COMPUTER"! i scraemed. the sterrance was cute though

Your grammar is disturbing to the eyes. Um, I didn't really discuss this, so... I will now. I laughed at "The Huuuuuudge". I think this was the best email since "lunch special".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:14 pm 

Crisu wrote:
I believe somebody here made the call on the name "Lappy" too.

:D THat was me. But The Bros Chaps first mentioned it in Invisibility commentary.

Steep prices and trees!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:35 pm 

I love the features on the Lappy! this is so f***ing awesome!!!! also there is a deleted icon on it! will we still hear
DELETED! again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:55 pm 

I didn't think the actual email was one of the best, but definitely a good one. I'm expecting more use of the Sterrence. Who knows, it might follow in the footsteps of Trogdor, Homsar, and Eh Steve. I like the lappy, and I love how Strong Bad keeps slowly and slightly going up in technology while we know he's still way back in the times. And according to this email, he knows it too ("That's just the cheat. He uses NEW computers.") Lappy, you've got my support.

By the way, the email program definitely reminds me of DOS.

Blue Lazor: "WHAT THE CRAP?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:47 pm 

"Oh, look at the cute huuuuuudge!" I liked the fanglyfish. "Oh look, it's captain past-his-prime himself! Don't bother with him, that's just The Cheat. He uses new computers!" Funny, funny, funny... The Lappy seems great to me! I like the screen rippling thing.