Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Calm and collected? Discuss the lack of updates here.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:28 pm 

If you are not going to start ranting about how TBC owe something to you, you can discuss the fact that there have not been updates recently. Feel free to state theories, but please, people, stay calm. We don't need people whining about how TBC have sold out. Are you ready to be calm? Then you can post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:36 pm 

Location: oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
I like this thread idea! :)

I think it may be because of a little Chapman baby, perhaps?! A baby raised by TBC will become, like, the funniest baby ever. And perhaps he/she will continue Matt and Mike's legacy by continuing to add to the site! But then again, the voices will never be duplicated again. None will ever again speak exactly like Bubs, Homestar, Strong Bad, Strong Sad, or the KoT.

And on that note, perhaps the TBC were murdered/croaked of natural causes but the authorities have
yet to discover that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:40 pm 

Maybe the baby could have vocal lessons by the chapmen in order to let the voices stay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:40 pm 

The more logical is that they're very busy trying to sort things out in their life with the passing of their father. It isn't just bury him in the ground (no disrepect intended) and move on. They have to collect life insurance funds, change contracts to state their names, and a whole number of other things. Things should hopefully be back to normal in a couple of months. They'll probably also take a vacation before getting back to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:02 am 

I have one question though, if they are still in mourning, then how did they release two e-mails and continue to release the pod-casts? I'm not trying to sound like a jerk or anything, I'm just wondering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:51 am 

ramrod wrote:
I have one question though, if they are still in mourning, then how did they release two e-mails and continue to release the pod-casts? I'm not trying to sound like a jerk or anything, I'm just wondering.

<calm, respectful tone>
Mourning isn't necessarily something that lasts for a specified amount of time then is over forver. Who knows? Maybe making a few updates was a welcome distraction from reality.

Maybe the lack of updates has nothing to do with any of what's been posted. I just assume it's none of my bweez-ness. TBC has entertained me for 6 years for free. They don't owe anyone squat.
</calm, respectful tone>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:22 am 

Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
I'm guessing it's probably a combination of sorting out things with their father and the baby, whom I'm guessing has probably been born. (Goodness... what a confounding mixture of emotions!) I understand completely, though. They have to sort things out with their sad, and they probably want to spend time with their new (son/daughter)/(nephew/niece). I can hardly begrudge them that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:26 am 

I understand all of this and stuff. But doggone if it doesn't just start to get REALLY annoying when you log on and don't see any updates. However, I'm not panicking or anything. I understand that sometimes they just take breaks..... really long breaks. :P

DON'T PANIC!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:31 am 

WOO-HOO!!! I caught the reference First!

Anydangways, I agree. no need to panic, they've done this before. Remember the time between "High School"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:43 am 

I'm not worried at all. Besides, I'm more of a forum junkie than an actual HR fan. I just like HR. But the forum was so dang active I just HAD to join.

Anyway. They won't quit. They're just going through some things. Just be patient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:44 am 

no, i don't.
but, because the podcasts are still being done, i know the site is still running.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:57 pm 

Einoo T. Spork wrote:
DON'T PANIC!

I feel strangely calm now.

I'm for any theory that says that the baby has probably been born. It seems like the most logical explanation I've seen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:23 am 

I'm with everyone whose said anything about the baby being born and, of course, dealing with their father's recent death must be hard in them too.

Also, I'm glad we can have a calm discussio nof their absence without having some mod come and yell at us and lock our threads. I think, even though some people might start whining about how TBC owes them a weekly update, most of us understand they're updating of their own choice, for our entertainment, for free ( it's not like they force us to buy all their merchandise, although many of us proably do :p ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:53 am 

The_Other_White_Meat wrote:
it's not like they force us to buy all their merchandise

but EVERYONE knows they put subliminal messages in their toons to make us crave merchandise :eek:

oh man, i wanna see baby pix if that is what is behind the delay... ZOMG BABY CHAPMAN :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:49 am 

Jenny wrote:
The_Other_White_Meat wrote:
it's not like they force us to buy all their merchandise

but EVERYONE knows they put subliminal messages in their toons to make us crave merchandise :eek:
[s]Must kill Lincoln...[/s] Must Buy t-shirts....

I'd love to see the Chap child on the site one day. Maybe the three kids can team up against Homestar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:34 pm 

ramrod wrote:
I'd love to see the Chap child on the site one day.

My guess is once the baby turns 2 or 3, we're going to see her on another Homestar vs. Little Girl segment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:33 pm 

Baby pics would be mucho awesome. And a new person in the family might mean even better stuff later on from their mind, so I can deal with the lack of updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:48 pm 

Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
Acekirby wrote:
I'm for any theory that says that the baby has probably been born. It seems like the most logical explanation I've seen.

Yeah, considering that at the conference when they said she was preggers they never actually said how far along she was. Personally, I thinkn a good cause for no updates is not that the bab'y here, but rather is almost here, and juggling preparations and sorting out various issues wih their father's passing can lend itself to filling up their time.

I will, howevere, be patient and sit back calml, waiting for the next update (and baby pictures :P)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:57 pm 

Multiple things...Missy's baby, passing father, catching up on podstar, & I think they have enough for another DVD by now so they could also be doing commentary for it while working on a BIG toon. I've never used flash, but I know it takes a single person a month to do 5 min of animation in color. & all the stress would effect their spreed & willpower.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:12 pm 

Location: Inside of a shirt,underwear,pants,shoes and under a hat
It could be anything... Maybe they are helping ryan or jonathan with something, maybe they are doing something special for the 10 year anniversary, maybe they are making another dvd or cd, maybe they are making a long email, maybe they have flash writers' block, maybe they were eaten by martians.

There are many possibilities, but we all know that they like HR and animating. It isnt just a job to them, so we have absolutely no reason to worry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:13 pm 

likalaruku wrote:
I've never used flash, but I know it takes a single person a month to do 5 min of animation in color.

not entirely true. i've made 4 minute movies in under 2 weeks... but again, i have no life... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:52 pm 

Even if there's no updates at all it's still cool to see stuff that's already there before, I've found myself laughing in other places of sbemails

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:26 am 

I am used to the fact a podcast update comes up on Monday or Tuesday every week now. Just for fun, I watch the sbemails and other toons on quicktime using the fast forward button, and it's twice as fast. You oughta try it sometime. You can also hold the rewind button to hear fast, reversed sounds. By the way, does anyone know how long Missy's been pregnint (nant)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:35 am 

I think it's probably a combination of their father's death and the birth of little Chappy. I also think that the last couple updates we had before the drought might have been leftovers that TBC hadn't released yet.

Didn't TBC once say that they always have a couple 'toons or shorts or e-mails that they keep handy in case they can't think of anything? Did I just make that up or am I crazy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:41 am 

Baby names anyone? I'm thinking they might go for something out of the ordinary, like Jhonka.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:04 am 

Prof. Tor Coolguy wrote:
Baby names anyone? I'm thinking they might go for something out of the ordinary, like Jhonka.
Trogdor, the Babynator. Now that's a name that has pizazz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:07 am 

Location: Inside of a shirt,underwear,pants,shoes and under a hat
Prof. Tor Coolguy wrote:

Maybe mike. Maybe matt. Maybe mikeatt. My cat? I better make sure that I am never in charge of naming a baby for real.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:50 am 

Quote:
I've never used flash, but I know it takes a single person a month to do 5 min of animation in color.

Wait, then how on earth have the brothers created so much Flash in such a (relatively) small amount of time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:09 am 

likalaruku wrote:
it takes a single person a month to do 5 min of animation in color.
Maybe if it's hand-drawn... and detailed...

CG and Flash and all the rest speed it up a lot... and if you don't care about detail (viz. almost anything on newgrounds) you can throw something together in like 10 minutes.

According to the DVD commentary, flashback took 3 days to make, and that was a long one... usually they take 1 or 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:55 am 

Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
I'm Flash-challenged, but can't you save models in Flash? Or am I imagining things? If you can, then it'd be easy to make a big 'toon with models.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next