Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:58 am 

you can save stuff from other cartoons and reuse them. if you have most of the stuff drawn already (like TBC) it hardly takes long at all to make the toon. what takes the most time is coming up with ideas and a script

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:49 am 

Cybernetic Teenybopper wrote:
I'm Flash-challenged, but can't you save models in Flash? Or am I imagining things? If you can, then it'd be easy to make a big 'toon with models.
Yeah, although they aren't called models in Flash. Homestar, for instance, when standing straight and talking is made up of his left leg, his right leg, his shirt, his head minus his jaw, a looping animation of his eyes, and 3 different graphics for his mouth. These can all be used again and put together like a jigsaw puzzle in another animation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:20 pm 

I've missed something big time. How do we know about the baby and the father? From the number of replies in the same vein, I'm guessing that this isn't just guessing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:44 pm 

well.. TBC dont shun themselves from the outside world...people encounter them on the streets, shopping malls, bathrooms, and GENCons and more stuff like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:34 pm 

PrinceOfTown wrote:
I've missed something big time. How do we know about the baby and the father? From the number of replies in the same vein, I'm guessing that this isn't just guessing.

Yeah, I think I did too. At first I thought it was just speculation, but then all of a sudden, we're expecting baby pictures as the next update!!! :O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:11 pm 

lazadisk wrote:
PrinceOfTown wrote:

Yeah, I think I did too. At first I thought it was just speculation, but then all of a sudden, we're expecting baby pictures as the next update!!! :O

I doubt that'll be the next update... Maybe a toon/email for the new baby?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:52 pm 

I don't mind. It's not as if they said they're never going to update again, so I'm cool with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:07 pm 

there maybee an update in the works right now...man, if only Phillip was here to hack the source and find any recent changes....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:19 pm 

lazadisk wrote:
PrinceOfTown wrote:

The baby was revealed at Flashforward 2006, courtesy of yours truly. As for the passing of their father, they had an obituary in the local paper taken out for him, which somebody saw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:29 pm 

likalaruku wrote:
it takes a single person a month to do 5 min of animation in color.

maybe if you suck at it, it took me a couple of hours to make characters, scenes, and a 5 minute episode of south park in school and i was just starting using flash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:12 am 

the_chekt wrote:
likalaruku wrote:
it takes a single person a month to do 5 min of animation in color.

maybe if you suck at it, it took me a couple of hours to make characters, scenes, and a 5 minute episode of south park in school and i was just starting using flash.
Well, it may have taken you only a few hours, but how well was it made? Quality is what's really important. I mean, it may be made once a day, but it may have crappy animation, like Bonus Stage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:06 am 

New thought:

Perhaps they're working on Everything Else, Volume 2???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:21 am 

The_Other_White_Meat wrote:
New thought:

Tbat's very possible. Didn't they do this during the other DVD's?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:48 am 

ramrod wrote:
The_Other_White_Meat wrote:
New thought:

Tbat's very possible. Didn't they do this during the other DVD's?

During Everything Else 1, we got a bunch of toons and shorts and stuff. Plus, I don't suppose they're up to it at the moment, what with their dad passed away and a baby on the way. PLUS!!! What would they put on Volume 2? They haven't realesed like, anything but sbemails and Podstar. Unless at the moment they're working on toons... but they dont take THAT long to make, do they now?!?!? :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:48 am 

Well, on Father's Day I was silently secretly wishing that maybe they would release something about Strong Bad's parents, cuz I mean it would probably be a big one and I hoped maybe all this time between releases was the right amount to make such a great toon, but alas it was not to be.

Anyway, this being the first father's day without their father I'm sure they had quite a few better things to do. Anyway, like everybody is saying, no matter how badly we want something, they are only going to release when they are ready to...in the meantime...my imagination is running wild trying to think where the next release will take us :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:52 am 

lazadisk wrote:
What would they put on Volume 2? They haven't realesed like, anything but sbemails and Podstar.
Well, there are toons that were not on the first Everything Else DVD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:10 am 

Haven't they said that Strong Bad's parents are one of the subjects they'll never do a cartoon about?

I went and took a random month out of the updates listed on H*RWiki from January 16th to February 16th this year. The Chaps put up 5 e-mails (and five hundred the cheats, which I won't count) during this time with a total combined running time of 17:02. Dividing that between two people (8:31 by Mike and 8:31 by Matt) that's somewhat faster than the rate proposed by likalaruku, but the two of them are pros, so they can probably get things out a bit faster than the average flash mortal. And this certainly isn't the forum for saying they squeeze out the extra 3:31 a man by skimping on the quality so don't even bother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:24 am 

PolarBoy wrote:
I went and took a random month out of the updates listed on H*RWiki from January 16th to February 16th this year. The Chaps put up 5 e-mails (and five hundred the cheats, which I won't count) during this time with a total combined running time of 17:02. Dividing that between two people (8:31 by Mike and 8:31 by Matt) that's somewhat faster than the rate proposed by likalaruku, but the two of them are pros, so they can probably get things out a bit faster than the average flash mortal. And this certainly isn't the forum for saying they squeeze out the extra 3:31 a man by skimping on the quality so don't even bother.

Too much math for summer break, PeanutButter. The quality of a project isn't just base'd on time or awexome flash skills. Most of their effort comes from ideas and brainstorming. And they're both not putting in equal amounts of effort if one of them has a headache and/or a pregnant wife.

The chaps probably decided now would be the best time to take a break and just update the pods. They deserve a summer break too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:27 am 

yeah. have they ever had a break? besides the drought, and the occasional skip-a-week, not really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:58 am 

ready for prime time wrote:
yeah. have they ever had a break? besides the drought, and the occasional skip-a-week, not really.
Well, there was a break a long while ago for Mike and Missy's wedding back in 2004.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:15 pm 

lazadisk wrote:
PLUS!!! What would they put on Volume 2?

Long Toons, the Cheat Commandos shorts, and Holiday toons, plus a lot of extras and probably the two shorts they've made since the 1st DVD's release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:42 pm 

Location: Underneath a big clock at the corner of 5th Avenue and 22nd Street...
They could be working on level 10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:09 pm 

It can't be because of Missy's baby, because it's too early (TBC announced that she was pregnant the day after Marzipan's Answering Machine (MAM for short, in the vein of SBEMAIL) 13.2 came out, which was only 5 months ago.) They seem to be able to still update Podstar Runner(P*R for short).

I bet they're working on something else besides an email, like a toon or maybe a game(maybe level 10 of Stinkoman 20X6? Peasant's Quest 2? A real Homestar RPG?(probably not)). Just because there hasn't been an email in about a month doesn't mean the Chaps aren't working on something. I mean, they weren't just sitting around and checking the wiki forums to see us panicing that alternate universe would be the last email ever. They were working on Thy Dungeonman III. It's the same situation now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:14 pm 
Lechable Robot Mod

The Spainish Inquisition wrote:
It can't be because of Missy's baby, because it's too early (TBC announced that she was pregnant the day after Marzipan's Answering Machine (MAM for short, in the vein of SBEMAIL) 13.2 came out, which was only 5 months ago.)

Keep in mind that a LOT of couples don't "announce" pregnancies as soon as they find out. Many people wait a few months because of the unfortunate possibility of miscarriage. It's entirely possible that Missy is becoming a Mommy as we speak. Type. Whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:23 pm 

PolarBoy wrote:
Haven't they said that Strong Bad's parents are one of the subjects they'll never do a cartoon about?

Also, just saying, the Chaps can make their works faster than most people because they've used the characters and their animations before, so they can just pull them out of the Flash library instead of redrawing them ever new email or toon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:38 pm 

ModestlyHotGirl wrote:
It can't be because of Missy's baby, because it's too early (TBC announced that she was pregnant the day after Marzipan's Answering Machine (MAM for short, in the vein of SBEMAIL) 13.2 came out, which was only 5 months ago.)

Keep in mind that a LOT of couples don't "announce" pregnancies as soon as they find out. Many people wait a few months because of the unfortunate possibility of miscarriage. It's entirely possible that Missy is becoming a Mommy as we speak. Type. Whatever.

Well, if you found out that you were pregnant, how long would you wait to announce it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:41 pm 
Lechable Robot Mod

Well, if you found out that you were pregnant, how long would you wait to announce it?

At least 2 months. Also, many women don't find out they're pregnant for about a month or so.
And please don't double-post, even if you're replying to two different users.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:50 pm 

ModestlyHotGirl wrote:

At least 2 months. Also, many women don't find out they're pregnant for about a month or so.

Okay, so 1 month before you find out + 2 months before announcing + 5 months = 8 months. Still a little bit too early.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:17 pm 

ModestlyHotGirl wrote:

Okay, so 1 month before you find out + 2 months before announcing + 5 months = 8 months. Still a little bit too early.
Spain, note that MHG said that they wait at least two months. Mike and Missy could have decided to have waited even longer for all we know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:26 pm 
Lechable Robot Mod

Yeah, really. This isn't a thread to discuss how long a couple should wait before announcing pregnancy. So toast to the paint, yo.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next