Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Decemberween toon!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:31 am 

COOLNESS! THOUGHTS? i like the start. he fell down & hurt himself! And now we know how Strong Sad can get locked in the bathtub.

EDIT:easter egg found, click on the text "Homestar's Clock" on Homestar's clock to see the people not in this cartoon, the Poopsmith, K.O.T & Pom Pom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:04 am 

Great Decemberween cartoon, and they did it in December instead of July! It's great that it focused on Homestar as a more important character. Strong Bad's been hogging the spotlight these days with the Strong Bad Emails. Let's see, oh! And we finally get to see how Strong Sad gets locked in the bathtub, which was a mystery. We get to see Strong Mad enjoys playing with rocks, large ones, in fact. I think this is the first interactment between Homestar and Homsar (I don't think Pumpkin Carvenival counted, because Homestar was Strong Bad in disguise). I liked how Homestar was really clumsy. And I also liked it when Strong Bad said "Decemberween is not about getting people presents. It's about getting people good presents." I thought that he was going to say Decemberween was about love, care, family, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
Also, didn't anybody noticed that the character's voices sounded a little different, like Homestar's, or Marzipan's, or The Cheat's? And once again, Pom-Pom remains silent and miscellaneous as the Poopsmith (in my opinion).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:58 am 

Interesting little toon. Is that counter at the end supposed to be linked to your computer's clock? What if someone set their computer back a few days? Would that screw it up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:59 am 

I think the voices are High Quality

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:00 am 

Man, the whole intro had me laughing my gahoozits off! I agree, it's great to see Homestar as the star of a toon again ... practically EVERYTHING for the past year/s have featured Strong Bad as the central character, aside from anything with Puppet Time.

Proof that Homestar's still got what it takes to be a bad dude ... and save the president from ninjas.

The other interesting thing is how the toon gets back to the "high school daze" theme H*R originally had when they started out. Homestar calling himself 'captain of the team,' and such ...

Shim-Sham-Sam; The characters sounded different because this toon's audio has a better sound quality than normal. Listen to the quotes of the week, and compare 'em to most of the flash toons.

Wonder what prompted them to publish the movie with a higher sound quality?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:27 am 

More people are getting broadband that can easily handle the sound quality, I guess. I knew that when I got broadband where I live it really was available practically everywhere...

You've got to feed and feed the forum, until it matures into database failure!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:23 am 

Lucky! If I didn't live in a rural area, I'd totally pay for cable. Anyway, back on subject, the toon rocked. I love the part where homestar says something like "I will make use of your complimentary spitbucket! HACK PTOO!!" the way he actually said the words was hilarious!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:34 am 

Oh man. Once again, Homestar saves my day. Even Homsar cracked me up, and we got to see some more of the pathetic life of Coach Z. Now I'm truly ready for Decemberween. I mean Christmas. I mean, whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:49 am 

Location: Trapped inside a cage. It isn't even locked, but I'm an idiot.
Freakin' Awexome. Totally roxord lol :P! OMG!

Uhhh, yeah...

Either way, sounds great, looks great, :hr: was the main character(finally), and hilarity ensued! I mean, freakin' awexome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:59 am 

Very cool cartoon! But what's the deal with calling CHRISTmas, "Decemberween" on the HomestarRunner site?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:26 pm 

Homestar is the best! I can never get enough of him, so it was awesome to see him running around and bumping into things. Also Strong Mad has a new friend! How cute! Oh, and Coach Z.. as pathetic as ever.. awww.. that looks like *my* supper, sometimes!

:cheatgrin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:28 pm 

I thought it was funny, Homestar forgetting Decemberween presents and then getting crappy ones it's just his classic style. Who knew freecountry had baby seals, or warfs for that matter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:30 pm 

Tintin wrote:
Very cool cartoon! But what's the deal with calling CHRISTmas, "Decemberween" on the HomestarRunner site?

So as not the get religous people angry and then sending them e-mails such as "I'm very offened that the Homestar Runner peoples on celeibrate Christmas". Although Christmas has become less and less and religous holiday. Anyways,
Gweat toon! That's all I can say. Great toon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:54 pm 

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

150000/10.

Good frickin' grief, MKwhatever dude! Spammity Calamity!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:03 pm 

"TONY STONEY" Hilarious :-D

-- (Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are at 35,000 feet. Please hold onto your wallets, we're flying over Liverpool. --Unknown but probably Boris Johnson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:39 pm 

CB wrote:
Tintin wrote:

So as not the get religous people angry and then sending them e-mails such as "I'm very offened that the Homestar Runner peoples on celeibrate Christmas". Although Christmas has become less and less and religous holiday. Anyways,

I don't think it's an attempt at being politically correct... more of a parody of political correctness.

Anyway, great toon. Nice to see Homestar starring again. "Oh cwap!"

Post subject: Teh is a favorite word
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:17 pm 

"The Grabbo Arm has what it takes and what it takes... is Marzipan's purse."

That's gotta be in teh top ten of the coolest lines I've ever heard on the site. In other news, who on God's Evergreen Earth decided to give Strong Bad a GRABBO ARM? Figure it out, fictional characters! Don't Get Strong Bad Teh GRABBO ARM!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:30 pm 

Loved It. Loved it very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:49 pm 

Yowza wrote:
CB wrote:
Tintin wrote:

I don't think it's an attempt at being politically correct... more of a parody of political correctness.

Personally, I've always thought of Decemberween as a parody of Christmas.

Digression aside, a very nice festive toon, which is encouraging after the turkey of a Halloween ep. Normally I would have been outraged at the lack of several of the main characters, but the Easter Egg at the end made up for it.

"Oh, crap! I ran into the door!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:52 pm 

that was a great toon
i liked strong sad being locked in the bathtub
and marzipans hair: ramdom, but funny :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:55 pm 

Location: Disinfecting the Internet with my homies, Spam Slade and Dr. Watchem
Oh, man... This is the best cartoon since...the Halloween cartoon. In fact, it may even be better than the Halloween cartoon. It's definitely the funniest Decemberween toon they've ever made. Everything was top-notch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:02 pm 

This toon was HAlarious, especially the beginning. In the beginning I said, "Man, how many mistakes can Homestar make in one minute?" It was cool seeing Coach Z, and I like how they kept a running gag. Not that the actual content of the running gag was all that funny... I liked Strong Mad's rock thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:10 pm 

These voices are messed up. I hate the new voices...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:14 pm 

Snowthrower wrote:
These voices are messed up. I hate the new voices...

What are you talking about? There are no new voices. There's nothing to see here. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:17 pm 

All of the characters sound completely different than from previous toons and emails...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:38 pm 

I didn't notice any real difference in the voices. Anyways...I thought that this was great. I didn't find any part that wasn't hilarious. And we now know how to lock a Strong Sad in a bathtub. It's nice too see that this toon was centralized around Homestar for once. Homsar's appearence with Homestar was great as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:50 pm 

Again, the "new" voices are really the same voices at a higher MP3 bitrate (Flash encodes sound in MP3). The voices always sounded like this in the downloaded Quote of the Day. I kind of like the slight machine-sound that the lower bitrate gives the voices, but hey, can't complain either way.

You've got to feed and feed the forum, until it matures into database failure!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:58 pm 

ramrod wrote:
Homsar's appearence with Homestar was great as well.

Aye. This is the only the second time that Homestar has ever met Homsar--though it's the first time he talked to him. (the first time they met being in the "Pumpkin halloween thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:06 pm 

i very much enjoyed this toon, strong sad singing while locked in the bathtub was definately a highlight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:42 pm 

"Left-out characters' support group and buffet" that's great
I thought Homestar did talk with Homsar for the pumpkin contest..? Alms for the paggie.....well I had thought it was "Homs for the paggie! Homs for the paggie!" referring to maybe a part in a pageant?

I did try setting the clock backwards, and the timer does change when you do. Homestar's clock here had a weird resemblance to the clock in #120 Radio, as how it turns to another minute. Great to see how Strong Sad does get stuck. My question is, how does Homestar run outside naked if he's wearing his pajamas last we see him? PJs fall off down the stairs?
The toon at the start didn't feel much like a Homestar toon at first, oddly. The voices sounded different for the most part, but yeah higher bitrate sounds right. Strong Bad's didn't change much, but you can tell the higher overtones in Marzipan's voice.
If you noticed, the page is "xmas04.html" Politically speaking, Christmas is sort of incorporated to our lives really, so much that it's not so much a religious holiday(save to the religious) but also a time to just get people presents and hang out, get off of school and work. Hard call why it's called Decemberween.

Decent stuff, but unfortunately none of it made me realy laugh this time