Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:37 pm 

I may be overstepping a boundary here, but I think he would appreciate the concern anyway. AgentSeeThroo is going through a very difficult time now. Those of you who have read his LJ know this. I will say no more, except that he could use all the prayers and support we can muster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:19 pm 

Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
Can do, Didymus. Always glad to help :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:15 am 

I just got word a few hours ago. My mother's husband died of brain cancer this afternoon. I wish I could go home to be with her in her time of need, but I can't. I'm currently in Baton Rouge, LA for a conference, and I have a wedding to perform this weekend. But I have decided I will leave immediately following the wedding to go home, and hopefully make it in time for the funeral.

Keep my mother in your prayers. And me as well. I wasn't very close to Mr. Lott, but I'm conflicted because I can't be with mom right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:11 pm 

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers Dids. I think I can speak for everyone else when I say that we all will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:38 pm 
Me too Thomas.

And to make you feel better, just think. Your father is no longer suffering with this. He's living in peace with God right now. Not to mention your mother has that to look foward too, and you as well.

I have a prayer request for myself, but I feel that I shouldn't say what it is.

Some people have said that my saddness over the past month has been pettish. And that I shouldn't complain.

So, I think I'll be silent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:46 pm 

Don't be silent, Alec. Real men of God share their feelings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:58 pm 

Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
People have said that you're saddness seems pettish? Alec, I'm not sure who exactly that was, but each and every issue in life affects us all differently. You don't have to stay quiet because somebody might get annoyed. Like Ian said, share your thoughts. It doesn't help keeping them bottled up forever. Getting them out is the best way of getting them taken care of.

Didy, I'll pray for you and your family. Losing a loved one is always difficult, but remember, it's not a "goodbye" so much as a "see you later". That's always helped me through rough times such as these.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:49 pm 

Well, looking through another post Didy has posted about his father's death, it appears he wasn't very close with his dad, I assume his mother remarried. I don't think he's as sad about his father's death as he is about his mother's sadness, which is understandable. I don't pray, but I'll keep you, your mother, and your father in my heart :) I hope you can go visit her soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:29 pm 

IantheGecko wrote:
Don't be silent, Alec. Real men of God share their feelings.

Amen to that, Ian.

Why not complain? Didn't the Psalmists complain? Didn't the Prophets complain? Didn't even Jesus himself complain? ("Eloi eloi lama sabachthani?"). There is nothing wrong with complaining. In fact, if there's one thing that I've learned from a year of CPE, it's that God WANTS us to complain. When we have hurts, when we have emptiness, when we have rage, he prefers we be bold enough to come to him about it. Or, when we feel like we can't talk to him, to go to a close friend.

There's a lot of people on this forum who hate to see you sad, Alec. But it's because they care about you, and hope better for you. They want to encourage you and help you.

In fact, I found myself an hour ago complaining to God again. I decided to take a little break from the convention business and went to a nearby coffee store. There were a few cute girls in there, and as always happens when I find myself in a foreign city surrounded by cuteness, I found myself grieving my own loneliness again. So I prayed to God and told him I was sick and tired of it, and that I need him to put someone in my life to complete me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly shy or anything (not anymore) - in fact, I flirted with a girl at the Collierville Starbucks just yesterday - but at this stage of my life, I need more than flirting (although a good flirt can cheer me up sometimes - and if you're reading this, you know who you are;)). It's hard - in more ways than one.

Ju Ju's right. On one hand, I hate to see anyone suffer. Period. But for me, Mr. Lott's death isn't so much my loss as it is my mother's loss. Mr. Lott and I didn't get along too well, but he cared about my mom very much, and I admired him for it. My conflict is that I cannot be with her and comfort her during this time. But she's got sisters who are doing just that for me, and she knows my compassion for her. And, God willing, I will be there within a few days, just as soon as I get that wedding out of the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:01 am 
I'm trembling right now.

I think I need help.

Yesterday, and the day before that, I was having moments were I was hearing voices in my mind. They sounded very similar to my own. So much so that I couldn't tell the difference between mine and them.

These voices said very horrid things to me. Including language and perversive thoughts. And because they sounded so much like my own, I couldn't tell wether it was me or them that was saying these things.

This is were I should have asked for help. But I decided to keep myself silent.

After hearing these voices non-stop for the past two days, I finally lost control of myself.

My sinful habbit broken. I fell into it countless times for two days.

It was only untill this morning that my habbit and the voices stopped. And I've gained a very limited control of myself.

So now. I. I just wrote all that. Everyone knows about it. I didn't write that, did I? You all know now. Everything.

I feel ill.

Please tell me. Am I, me?

edit by SR: Removed personal information, not sure you really wanted to tell everyone that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:55 am 

I'm trying to raise money for a mission trip to Russia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:40 am 

You really do need help, Alec. Ask your parents to see a psychologist who's on your insurance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:22 am 

IantheGecko wrote:
You really do need help, Alec. Ask your parents to see a psychologist who's on your insurance.

Ian's right, Alec. You need to see someone before this situation gets worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:24 pm 

My Great-Aunt died today after being sick for a long time. She was going to turn 85 next week. This is going to be hard on my Mom and my Grandmother. Please pray for them to be strong, because I know that they'll need it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:13 pm 

I can understand that. My mom's going through the same thing right now with the loss of her husband. She's been taking care of him for the past year or so with his cancer, but she does seem somewhat relieved now that his struggle is over. But I suspect that over the next few months she's going to start missing him.

I will keep your mother and grandmother in my prayers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:25 pm 
Pizza Pizza

Well, my uncle is back in the hospital again. They're getting tired of having to shock his heart back into rhythm every so often, so they're going to implant a defibrillator. Hopefully, this will get him back on his feet. He's just not the same person.
The crappy thing is, this is all genetic. Before the problems, he was the picture of health. He had some sort of condition that caused his aeorta to actually grow closed (read, it wasn't clogged), giving him a heart attack. After the heart attack, his heart's been having trouble keeping rhythm. Genetic problems suck.

At least he's in good spirits. Question to me: "Can't you figure out a way to duct tape a metronome to a stethoscope or something like that to fix me?".
Question to Doctor: "I've got an extension cord with a short in it. Couldn't I just plug that thing in everytime my heart starts messing up?".

It's wearing on my aunt, though. She won't leave his side, and, I'm guessing that, if they would let her, she'd probably go into the O-R with him when they operate.

Keep them both in your prayers, and, well, me too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:15 am 

I must confess that I'm jealous of my twin brother. He's the one with the job, car, & all the friends. I'm still looking for a job, I don't drive, and I don't have very many friends. Yet I'm the one who cares about church, prays, and reads his Bible. Pat just goes for the cream-cheese bagels in the Upper Room, and he doesn't go to youth group anymore. He gets in trouble kinda frequently, but I at least try to be "good".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:25 am 

I know what that's like Ian. I was (and quite frankly still am) jealous of my older brothers. They're both a lot better at me in a lot of things, such as luck, love, education, and sports. I was always the forgotten runt. But don't let that upset you Ian. Just because he may have a few things better off than you doesn't mean that he's better than you. No-one's better than anyone else. We're all different, but equal. It may not seem like it now, but when you get older you'll see what I mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:57 am 

Please pray for my dad. 2 of the best people in his life are battling cancer: his brother and his old friend from work. Nobody knows how long they're going to live (or at least my dad didn't tell me), so my dad asked me to pray for them. We sat on the stairs, bowed our heads, & I prayed.

If you could pray for them, too, that would be great. Sadly, my dad & my brother are not "religious" in any sense as far as I know, so I ask for the strength to be a good Christian example as long as I can if anyone passes on. Death doesn't have to be a "goodbye"; it can be a "see you later".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:10 pm 

i am praying for BTG and what he is going through now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:57 am 
Pizza Pizza

I'm having a rough time right now with work/school. Very soon, I'm going to have to make a VERY major decision, and I'm not convinced that either decision is the right one..... "Go with your heart" isn't working, and God doesn't seem to want to give me an answer. Maybe you peoples can coax him into being a little more obvious with the answers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:47 pm 

Please pray for the following people..

Ians Fathers friend Ted.. He is in the hospital..

And also pray for my friend Geoff's Father... he has cancer Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:36 am 

Please pray for my Grandmother who has breast cancer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:19 am 

the_chekt wrote:

She is in my prayers :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:30 pm 

EveryoneLovesStevenRight? wrote:
the_chekt wrote:

She is in my prayers :)

Thank you, anf your friend's dad is in mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:07 pm 

Dudes and dudettes... I have just found out that My mother's cousin has something wrong with her bone marrow.. her immune system is really low... and that she is in the hospital... Can you please keep her in your prayers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:11 am 

Not exactly a really big request, but....

I've got a 1 hour stand-up comedy performance on Firday the 18th, and I'd appreciate prayer for it.

Pray that God's will would be done, and that He'd be glorified in it, but also pray that I and my audience would be in the right mood for comedy. It's the first time I've done something like this and I've had about 4 weeks to prepare my routine, most of the work getting done in the past week.

I'll be perfoming for a bunch of people I know, and it's not like they'll boo me off the stage or anything, but still.......Stand-up is a cruel art :p

Last edited by Parakeet05 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:31 am 

Remember when i said that my friends dad was in the hospital?

Well... i talked to my friend today.. he died yesterday So please keep his family in your prayers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:54 am 

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that, Steven! :(

Please pray for my cousin Ben; he was arrested for drunk driving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:25 am 

I hate to double-post, but one of my bestest besty-best friends ever was diagnosed with schizophrenia. So prayers would be appreciated.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next