Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:55 pm 

Cheatachu72 wrote:
MagicHero wrote:
This cartoon was very well done, in my opinion. However, it seemed like it ended rather abruptly. I was expecting to see more of Homestar giving presents to the other characters. Does anyone else share this opinion or is it just me?
I agree completely. When it ended I was like "Eh? What, it's over?" I really wanted to see Homestar give everyone else gifts. TBC really need to make a really long toon.

Yeah, I'm thinking they may have rushed this one a little bit. Maybe they are too busy with the thousands of emails for Strong Bad. Anyways, still a good toon, but not the best IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:11 pm 

This cartoon will always stand out to me, because it was the first editing of the Wiki I have done. I inserted the Fun Fact about Murray Head having a number one hit with "One Night In Bankok." :cheatgrin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:18 am 

I didn't like the toon.

And Homestar's voice has drastically changed in the past year. It has become extremely raspy. I'm not complaining. I mean if Matt Chapman can't do the voice the same way he used to then there's nothing anyone can do but the voice definitely has changed. It has nothing to do with the sound quality of the toon.

Maybe Homestar's finally hit puberty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:53 am 

Alms for the pudgy, alms for the pudgy..
Man I love that.

And the song from "Chess" is pretty funny too. I like the way they put in that Couch Z scene, he's always a side character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:36 am 

As with Homestar/Homsar in Halloween pumpkin....you guys saying Strong Bad as Homestar, and maybe so. Thing is, Homestar is dressed up identically, and we don't know exactly when he and Strong Bad "switched" places. Homestar could have really started the contest, then Strong Bad as Homestar could have gone on to judge, and hence it'd be Stong Bah talking with Homsar. Or, Homestar did the real judging and did indeed talk with Homsar, while Strong Bad came around in the end and showed his true colors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:51 am 

I don't really think that Homestar's voice has really changed that much. But whoever it was that said something about him hitting "puberty" might be right. In most cartoons, after the first season or so, voice actors begin to mature into their characters as the characters are fleshed out more and they understand them better.

I think Homestar's voice is just "maturing." That or your all crazy. It sounds about the same as ever to me. lol.

But anywayz. I think the toon started off pretty awesome. I loved the continous Aw, craps. The line about how he ended up naked somehow just cracked me up. And Homsar... I'm glad he got to be in it. Gotta love that homestar and homsar interacted. It kinda started to get dull though after Bubs stand. However, I think it's the best Decemberween toon yet. I've noticed the outside of Homestar's house is different, but they did an old Decemberween toon where it was diff. and that spoofed Charlie Brown. So I think they're just once again spoofing Charlie Brown. Guess we should expect Homestar's house to change every Decemeberween?

I also liked the clock counting down the days at the end. Good idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:55 pm 
Lechable Robot Mod

I don't understand why Homestar woke up on the 25th (D-Ween, yo). If he went to bed on the 23rd and planned to do his Decemberween shopping on the 24th, that means he slept through the alarm when it went off on the night of the 24th. Or am I missing something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:43 pm 

Utard wrote:
Alms for the pudgy, alms for the pudgy..
Man I love that.

And the song from "Chess" is pretty funny too. I like the way they put in that Couch Z scene, he's always a side character.

he says alms for the pageant
(sorry if i spelled that wrong.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:46 pm 

Rather Dashing wrote:
he says alms for the pageant
(sorry if i spelled that wrong.)

Yes, you spelled it wrong. It's spelled "pudgy," as in exactly what Utard wrote. Listen again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:48 am 

Location: In my house with my two kids, Bulldozer and topofsm.
Loved this one! It's now my favorite Decemberween toon, followed closely by "A Decemberween Pageant". Sometimes, I make the same error with alarms that Homestar did when I set my watch to go off at a certain time. I hate it when that happens! X-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:13 am 

I thought it was really great. I loved the Coach Z part. "Yes, this phone is plugged in..." :D And the oh cwaps were very funny too. Definitely the best D'ween toon... except for maybe the Sweet Cuppin Cakes one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:59 am 

Location: In this weird place with pillows stuck to the walls
That was good, man. Homestar definitely needed his own cartoon. I like how the "Oh, cwap, I <insert stupid action here>" joke got so repetitive that even Homestar, the person saying the joke, got tired of it. I liked the pet rock that Big M just plain fell in love with. And "Alms for the pudgy". Fight obesity, everyone! I was somewhat weirded out by the fact that the paintbrush actually worked for its intended purpose, but that somewhat added to the random factor (which is always good). "Aught four" is nice. We should call this decade the Aughts. Strong Sad in bathtub = Niiiiiiiice. Seriously. It was funny. Coach Z has always been kind of depressingly funny, but this just takes the sweet cuppin' cake in both factors. Marzy was in peak performance here. I love what she did with her hair, and how she (true to form) restrained from threatening Homestar violently and decided to instead cook his goose, and how her gift somehow, against all the odds, turnded out to be perfect. Strong bad was pretty much correct in his description of the true meaning of Decemberween. To quote a cynical character from another comic art form, Christmas doesn't come in gifts of underwear. I hope that grabbo arm shows up in the future, because it could really aid SB in his life o' crime. And then the ending, which shows that this toon was not a unique occurence, but rather something that would go on 'til New Years. All in all, on a scale of one to ten, I give this toon an awesomelicious.

Wow. I should turn the above post in to my Englilish teacher. Maybe she'll give me a gold star.

ZEEKY BOOGY DOOG!!!! *boom*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:26 am 

KatStar wrote:
...against all the odds, turnded out to be perfect...

...which shows that this toon was not a unique occurence, but rather something that would go on 'til New Years...

Wow. I should turn the above post in to my Englilish teacher. Maybe she'll give me a gold star.

Not exactly a "see me after class", but no gold star for you! :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:13 am 

It wasn't a great toon, I don't think, but it was solid. I wish that TBC had waited to do all the Decemberween toons AT Decemberween, as opposed to in July.

I guess we can all go back and watch those, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:43 pm 

KatStar wrote:
Marzy was in peak performance here. I love what she did with her hair, and how she (true to form) restrained from threatening Homestar violently and decided to instead cook his goose

She was threatening him. To "have ones goose cooked" means to be in trouble. Just a little quibble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:58 am 

"Oh cwap! I wan into the door!" I just couldn't stop laughing at that one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:20 am 

seriously one of the best holiday toon since The House That Gave Sucky Treats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:32 am 

Gather 'round Homestar's clock. Happy last 28 minutes of Decemberween. Make that 27. 26?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:03 am 

Ahh....It's over. At least in the eastern time zone. I actually watched the toon until midnight. I had been watching the clock for about 5 minutes until it was over. I watched this toon about ten times...in one day. Great toon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:11 pm 

Oh, Cwap, it's the day after Christmas and I've just now got a chance to check out this year's D'ween Toon! And it was good! According to the bros. Chaps, every day is Decemberween! And now, I've gotten to the point where my exclamation points don't mean anything anymore! Yay!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:21 pm 

What counts as a "Fun Fact" around here?

I posted a "fact" about Homsar's quote (about the line "You're a real state trooper), and it was DELETED.

I'm still new to the Homestar Universe, even though I watched EVERY cartoon in a 48 hour span, and I'm not entirely sure about what constitutes "fun" around here.

Thanks for the help...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:39 pm 

terrarising wrote:

I posted a "fact" about Homsar's quote (about the line "You're a real state trooper), and it was DELETED.

I'm still new to the Homestar Universe, even though I watched EVERY cartoon in a 48 hour span, and I'm not entirely sure about what constitutes "fun" around here.

Thanks for the help...
I'm wondering, what was your fact exactly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:08 am 

That was definitely one of my favorite cartoons yet! And finally, Homestar stars on his own freakin' website. The new voices are awful, though. "High sound quality", my eye. Oh well, doesn't matter.

Some great quotes in there. I like the "Oh, cwap!" gag. I've been quoting it at my friends and family and annoying them to heck. And Coach Z's little part in the middle was kinda... not. I don't even know how to describe it, but talking on a disconnected phone has the inklings of craziness. And we all know Coach Z isn't crazy, jusy a bit eccentric. Ah well, maybe I was wrong and Coach Z is going off the deep end. And now I'm rambling about a three-second part in the cartoon.

My final opinion on it is... it's a Homestar Runner cartoon! What else can you say? Hilarity at its finest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:58 am 

No, Coach Z is crazy, and has been for a while. Remember when he left the answering machine message about getting back his discotape from Marzipan? "I'll just sneak in through that crack in the window there like I always - I mean, like I never do, because I never snuck into your house before! I mean, who's sneakin', over here? I'm creepin'! Have you seen those crazy new curly fries? They're like french fries but they're all curled up in a curly q!"

Crazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:03 am 

ramrod wrote:
terrarising wrote:

Thanks for the help...
I'm wondering, what was your fact exactly?

It was...

Homsar's quote "You're a real state trooper" is a commonly mistaken lyric from Straight Shooter by "The Mamas and the Papas." The real lyric is "You're a real straight shooter."

I dunno, maybe it's a little too old for young people to consider "fun."

Also, is the jury still out on Coach Z's phone being the one from the "replacement" sb_email?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:47 am 

I can see what you're saying, it does make sense. Maybe you should submit it under STUFF, that's where we debate the funfacts that are kinda vague.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:11 am 

I heard state trooper as an expersion before but not a reference to anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:41 am 

Another Fan wrote:
I heard state trooper as an expersion before but not a reference to anything.

I've heard of being "a real trooper" as an expression, but not "real state trooper."

I've added it to the STUFF, so we'll see what happens...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:51 pm 

Ah yes, you're quite right. I don't pay too much attention to the Marzipan's Answering Machine, though. So I was wrong all this time, okay, I'll accept that. Poor Coachie. Hee hee.

Although, that particular quote leaves room for doubt. Of course Coach Z's snuck into her house before, she's the only girl on the website! And Bubs called her too, if I'm not mistaken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:22 am 

I didn't really like this toon, I was actually pretty disappointed. I usually love the holiday toons, especially the decemberween ones. It just wasn't funny to me. *sigh* Now I'm ready to get attacked for not liking it.

SS: Give him a foot massage!
SB: THOSE ARE NOT FEET!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next