Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Your random theories about the characters?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:04 pm 

Post your personal theories about the characters here. This should be interesting. xP I have a couple.

1. Homsar is Homestar's father.
Notice that in the DVD version of the theme song, Homsar appears on the words "mom and dad". They look extremely similar; they both wear hats, skirtlike shirts, are white, and have underbites.
Some of his quotes may hint at this.

-"YaAaAaAh, I'm the original ladies' man!": This could imply that he has a wife or girlfriend of some sort.

-"I'm a song from the sixties": This could be implying that he was born in the sixties and is therefore old enough to be Homestar's father.

-"Sure beats breaking up with me": could mean that he broke up with his wife/girlfriend and that's why we don't see Homestar's mother.

2. Sickly Sam is the ZOMBIE Old-Timey Strong Sad.

Notice that on the old-timey main page, Strong Sad is shot out of a cannon. Wouldn't this kill him? Sickly Sam is just a skeleton in a Potate sack, save some arms. Notice that Sickly Sam seems to be rather fat, as is Strong Sad. Strong Sad and Sickly Sam have the same number of letters and both start with S's. And of course, he is very depressed...

Post subject: Re: Your random theories about the characters?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:44 pm 

Kariia wrote:

Notice that on the old-timey main page, Strong Sad is shot out of a cannon. Wouldn't this kill him? Sickly Sam is just a skeleton in a Potate sack, save some arms. Notice that Sickly Sam seems to be rather fat, as is Strong Sad. Strong Sad and Sickly Sam have the same number of letters and both start with S's. And of course, he is very depressed...

I have no theories, but i would like to point out that Sickly Sam is in fact, Old-Timey Strong Sad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:18 pm 

Kariia who is right!!!! wrote:

Homsar is Homestar's father.

I think so too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:56 am 

IZSBHR wrote:

I think so too.
Care to explain why you think that? You just give an answer, and don't give any reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:24 am 

Kariia, I agree. I also think that Senor Cardgage is Strong Bad's father, but my theory there is a bit...distasteful, so I won't go into detail. :eek:

the_chekt wrote:
Kariia wrote:

I have no theories, but i would like to point out that Sickly Sam is in fact, Old-Timey Strong Sad

I wouldn't assume that he is the Old-Timey variation of Strong Sad just because the wiki says he is. The wiki is highly prone to unverifiable facts, gossip and fanon.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:11 pm 

ramrod wrote:
IZSBHR wrote:

I think so too.
Care to explain why you think that? You just give an answer, and don't give any reason.

The same reasons Karria said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:22 pm 

Methinks Homsar is either:

a) A distant cousin.
or
b) Not related.

Not everyone that's a no armed whitey is related, y'know.

Theory on KOT Marzipan Thing:

KOT thinks Marzipan is his daughter. Originally, he started saying that because he wanted to be cool and stuff. Then he forgot his reason and just thinks it anyways.

Marzipan replies by mooching off of him and getting trust funds. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:09 pm 

I've always thought that Bubs and Coach Z were related somehow, I don't really know how, but they are so alike, right? Despite some arguements they may have with ehachother, they seem like the bussomest of buddies. Maybe brothers? :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:53 pm 

Blood Brothers, maybe. Like...Coach Z stole Bubs girlfriend and then they beat each other up and their blood got mixed with each other. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:12 pm 

The Noid wrote:
Blood Brothers, maybe. Like...Coach Z stole Bubs girlfriend and then they beat each other up and their blood got mixed with each other. :p

Roffle. But that raises more questions of who the girlfriend was XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:36 pm 

Unamed/Unseen Character Number 4, duh. That was the hot one, remember?

XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:39 pm 

Personally, I don't go in for this fanon speculation stuff. Because a lot of people get too attatched to their pet theories, and go ballistic when the canon contradicts them.

Come on, you KNOW that happens, I'll bet a lot of you have seen that happen before. Am I wrong? S-somebody, am I wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:36 pm 

Coach Z's mouth is infact under his hat

:poop: Is a top secret FBI agent (don't ask)

:ehsteve: Is a fugitive running from the policeman wheel chair bubs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:15 am 

I've got a couple of theories on how Strong Bad types with boxing gloves on. The first is more plausible, but the second was more fun to come up with.

Theory the First: The same way Homestar picks things up without arms.* AKA Cartoon logic.

Theory the Second: Limited techokinesis. He just moves his hands up and down on the keyboard, and presses the keys with his mind. But complicated technology gives him a headache, hence his affinity for older machines.

*By wearing Marzipants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:55 pm 

I think The Brothers Strong (including the cheat) were based off of They Might Be Giants "Particle Man"

1.Particle Man - The Cheat (he's small and defendless)
2.Triangle Man - Strong Bad (he's beating everyone up and Triangle Man does that in the video and song)
3.Universe Man - Strong Mad ("Universe Man, universe man SIZE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE MAN"
4.Person Man - Strong Sad (i think if you've heard the song you know why)[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:58 pm 

I think Coach Z's family are also Coaches, they're like: Coach Bob, Coach Dawson, Coach Fred. Coach Z's real name starts with a Z, but it was so embarassing that he doesn't want to be called by his real name and prefers to be called 'Z' instead.

There is a town/place inhabited by deformed versions of the cast of H*R, and that place is where Senor Cardgage and Homsar is from. And The Poopsmith may be a deformed version of a never before seen H*R character.

I think Homsar is being brainwashed by an alien in the form of a yellow bowler hat. And everytime it falls asleep, Homsar tries to break free from the hat but it immediately wake up and flies back to Homsar's head.

I think the KOT used to be king of the Peasantry, but after a coup d'etat, he got thrown into FCUSA. The place where the KOT DVD took place was the peasantry, before they invented Good Graphics.

I think Bubs flew to FCUSA by that sweet, sweet rainbow in Sbemail Flashback, but his Concession stand went off track and squished Senor and Mr. Bland

I think there used to be a team of superheroes defending FCUSA, the team was Pom-Pom, Bubs, and the Poopsmith. After Strong bad stopped becoming an evil villain, this team of gifted do-gooders broke up. Pom-Pom still has his powers, but he uses them for his own amusement. Bubs lost his powers when he said 'sbu'. The Poopsmith lost his powers but wants them back, so he took a vow of silence to get inner peace in hopes of finding them again.

I could go on, but that'd be annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:35 pm 

:sad: is stronger than :sb: and :sm: but dosent show it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:49 pm 

Sherlockrunner wrote:
I think The Brothers Strong (including the cheat) were based off of They Might Be Giants "Particle Man"

1.Particle Man - The Cheat (he's small and defendless)
2.Triangle Man - Strong Bad (he's beating everyone up and Triangle Man does that in the video and song)
3.Universe Man - Strong Mad ("Universe Man, universe man SIZE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE MAN"
4.Person Man - Strong Sad (i think if you've heard the song you know why)[/b]

I dunno about that, but it does give me an idea for an H*R music video...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:48 pm 

Homsar is an accomplice to the Thnikkaman(or maybe just sees through the outfit)
Quote:
HOMSAR: AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Hey, Tubbs! I just lost my Jengajam.

BUBS: {stares for a second, then responds} Don't you talk to me.

"tubbs" may be Homsar thinking about both names bubs goes by and accidently saying the first letter, or maybe he almost calls bubs "Thnikkaman".

Bubs is clearly a little stunned about what Homsar just said, but it could just be dumbfounded at the mess that sentence was.

"Don't you talk to me." could be a lashing out by Bubs, for Homsar being stupid? or maybe for genius?

Also he says that almost in a Thikkaesque style. Maybe...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:25 pm 

I always thought SB was, like, 30, and used all the oudated equipment that he did because he didn't want to feel like he was old. And was kinda in denial of his aging, so he just did all this really outdated stuff to make it feel like he was living in the time when he was...young...orsomething.

OI! That sounds dumb written out. xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:29 am 

Checkot Fige wrote:
I always thought SB was, like, 30, and used all the oudated equipment that he did because he didn't want to feel like he was old. And was kinda in denial of his aging, so he just did all this really outdated stuff to make it feel like he was living in the time when he was...young...orsomething.

XDDDDDDD

More insight into Strong Bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:08 am 

20X6_chairscoot wrote:
I think Coach Z's family are also Coaches, they're like: Coach Bob, Coach Dawson, Coach Fred. Coach Z's real name starts with a Z, but it was so embarassing that he doesn't want to be called by his real name and prefers to be called 'Z' instead.

There is a town/place inhabited by deformed versions of the cast of H*R, and that place is where Senor Cardgage and Homsar is from. And The Poopsmith may be a deformed version of a never before seen H*R character.

I think Homsar is being brainwashed by an alien in the form of a yellow bowler hat. And everytime it falls asleep, Homsar tries to break free from the hat but it immediately wake up and flies back to Homsar's head. (don't think so, but nice try)

I think the KOT used to be king of the Peasantry, but after a coup d'etat, he got thrown into FCUSA. The place where the KOT DVD took place was the peasantry, before they invented Good Graphics.

I think Bubs flew to FCUSA by that sweet, sweet rainbow in Sbemail Flashback, but his Concession stand went off track and squished Senor and Mr. Bland

I think there used to be a team of superheroes defending FCUSA, the team was Pom-Pom, Bubs, and the Poopsmith. After Strong bad stopped becoming an evil villain, this team of gifted do-gooders broke up. Pom-Pom still has his powers, but he uses them for his own amusement. Bubs lost his powers when he said 'sbu'. The Poopsmith lost his powers but wants them back, so he took a vow of silence to get inner peace in hopes of finding them again.

I could go on, but that'd be annoying.

Brilliant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:57 am 

Hm...I just had a thought.

Maybe Senor Cardgage is why Strong Bad looks like he does now. We know that when SB was a kid he greatly admired Senor Cardgage, right? So maybe he adopted his outfit as a tribute to his hero.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:17 pm 

Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
sbe-mail 22 wrote:
:sad: is stronger than :sb: and :sm: but dosent show it.

I like that idea. And since SS is so pacifistic and calm, he of course wouldn't want to use his powers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:34 am 

Shippinator Mandy wrote:

Maybe Senor Cardgage is why Strong Bad looks like he does now. We know that when SB was a kid he greatly admired Senor Cardgage, right? So maybe he adopted his outfit as a tribute to his hero.

Nah, Lil' Strong Bad looked much like he does today, except he had a more spherical head and wore shirts.

Hmm... then again, you may be on to something here. With the no-shirt thing, at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:18 am 

I prefer the idea that Strong Bad stopped wearing shirts because one day he wore the same shirt as Homestar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:07 am 

BucketHand wrote:
Shippinator Mandy wrote:

Nah, Lil' Strong Bad looked much like he does today, except he had a more spherical head and wore shirts.

Hmm... then again, you may be on to something here. With the no-shirt thing, at least.

Senor inspiring Strong Bad to not wear a shirt fills my head with thoughts that disgust even me. :X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:09 pm 

I think Homestar and Homsar aren't related, but they are the same "species", as are Strong Bad and Cardgage.

Though I'm not too sure how Strong Bad is related to his other two brothers... they must have strange parents.

Anyways, enough over-thinking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:07 pm 

Strong Bad X Senor Cardgage...JIBBLYJIBBLYJIBBLYJIBBLY. O.O *smashes head on wall* GET OUT OF MY THOUGHTS!

I think Strong Sad's a lot stronger than we think. After all, he beat Coach Z up in caffeine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:44 am 

Kariia wrote:
Strong Bad X Senor Cardgage...JIBBLYJIBBLYJIBBLYJIBBLY. O.O *smashes head on wall* GET OUT OF MY THOUGHTS!

There's ONE thought I didn't even want to think myself. >:
Anyways.

Homsar seems like he just wants to fit in. >: He always comes to every Hallowe'en thing, and he always seems to be hanging out around the other characters...

He seems like a little kid that just wants some friends. :3

It supports the whole Homsar/homestar: BROTHERS?! theory. They both hang around people that don't want them around, they're both dumb, they both have...strange...properties...to their speech.

I think Homsar actually realizes he's not 'one of the guys', though. And, uh...

That's all I've got right now.