Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:32 am 

:hr: - "I'm pregnant!"

What's with that anyway? First it was Reynold wanting to get teen pregnant in the Cheat Commandos PSA and now this... heh...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:05 pm 

This is an awesome email, as is anything that involves the Thnikkaman. But I'm seeing a little problem with everyone here. You're all missind the obvious. I know who stole the Lappy.

it was Biscuit Dough Hands Man!

Post subject: hoo dunit?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:44 am 

Obviously, it was Marzipan! :marzi: She said in one of the e-mail comentarries that they "upset her".
either that, or (my brother thinks this: ) the Kot :kot: "Return the King of town his easybake oven which I've had for over three months now!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:20 am 

I really liked this email, some parts were really funny. Especially The Thnikkaman part. I think next email will be answered on Pom Pom's Pom Pilot or The Cheat's iMac and the conclusion will be the sbemail after that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:47 am 

It's got to be Bubs who stole the Lappy. Only he would be cruel enough to cut off her little toe! (see: "Exhibit A" in Bug in Mouth, his threat to break thumbs in Other Days)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:13 am 

doubledeuceblemint wrote:
Here's the problem with what's going on with the latest emails. Every time the email jingle gets a little hokier and the email itself more pukily self-referential and kind of corny (Strong Bad even told himself to shut up) while not doing anything really funny and different. Making fun of Jake's name seemed forced. Little Jakey Pleasenthanks seemed too much. Secret sorcret overdid the joke about Coach Z's accent especially when it was repeated twice. This was way too much: You missed unmasking the Thnikkaman!!! {slight pause} Because you have really bad hand-eye coordination!!! I winced more here than at any other part of the email. Plus the gag is empty. We know it's Bubs. The beauty of the Brothers Chaps' other emails is how clean and good the jokes are, gently recycling gags without going overboard and adding tons of good joke parts to make a meaty email. And this is when making fun of Coach Z's accent gets out of hand: My secret sorcret has been revereled. I thought the many cliffhangers split up the email into a bunch of insignificant and not very meaty shorts, simultaneously trying to make it more substantial and trivializing it with too much obvious repetition. The problems in the Space Captainface segment begin with the mention of Lita Ford which I thought was a way too unsubtle and obvious reference to Strong Bad's obsession with hair metal. The joke about forgotten produce, although the name was relatively funny, is another ungracious breaching of the tension between their pretending they are in a spaceship and that they are not actually in a space ship. The thing is akin to a really rash breakage of the fourth wall if it would have been in some kind of Star Trek with bad props. So it pretty much goes overboard both with space show stereotypes and the fact that Space Captainface's ship is fake. Sweet lady irony has definitely bestowed too much of herself on one email.

Watched it a second time: it's not that bad.

Bad word

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:10 am 

My thoughts, Lappy's dead, some completely insignificant character did it, like That Goblin, Sterrence, Senor Cardgage, or Trogdor, OR Homestar did it, returns the Lappy and admits it was an accident on cutting her "toe" and only needed it to do one of his trivial day to day things, then drops it and breaks it, on the way to Strong Bad's hands, Either way the Lappy's gone, whenever the computer goes missing it's gone.(Tandy:Got punched, Compy:Got Shot)Good way to end the Lappy Era, it was about time.Oh yeah, it was a good spemail, I'm so glad The Lappy's dead already, I hated it the whole time. :)

Post subject: Tempo-ban
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:24 am 
flatfootedninja wrote:
D*****

Aw, how nice.
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:29 am 

you know, probably just a thought, but i believe that 'I GOT YOUR LAPPY' is a big clue. strong sad wouldn't use grammar like that, strong mad doesn't use grammar at all, so that would leave the cheat. still, i don't think the cheat would be in this by himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:08 am 

Well I think Strong Bad is just going to get a new computer and forget about the Lappy, maybe it will be shown hostage in an easter egg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:13 am 

You know, I just thought of something. Maybe Homeschool did it. I mean, he's got a motive in the fact that he was never really used, and nobody really knows if he's a bad guy or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:30 am 

he was officially killed off. no more for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:43 am 

sjclock wrote:
You know, I just thought of something. Maybe Homeschool did it. I mean, he's got a motive in the fact that he was never really used, and nobody really knows if he's a bad guy or not.

If that happened, I would punch my computer in half...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:00 pm 

we'll find out who did it tomarrow. in the mean time, i am not capitalsing an letters until it [s]comes[/s] [s]coms[/s] *how ever you spell the present tense of come* out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:07 pm 

I know who did it...

I wish.

I think it's teh Cheat, Homsar, or KOT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:59 pm 

The email was cool. I liked Homsar and Space Captainface's parts. And the "Cause you have really bad hand-eye coordination!" singing.

I don't think it's "OMG TEH ENd OF TEH LAPPY!!!!1111" The "little toe" part was just a joke, the Lappy will come back safe. It still needs to answer more emails to catch up with the Compy :cheatgrin: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:08 pm 

i'm really sick of newcomes saying "it was a character we only saw for fifteen seconds once!!!"
please choose from the main characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:15 pm 

ready for prime time wrote:
i'm really sick of newcomes saying "it was a character we only saw for fifteen seconds once!!!"

Who says that it can only be a main character?
HUH?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:22 pm 

Well, most of those characters are gags. I think that H*R is just a parody cartoon and not an organized canon. Yes, it has plots, but they are NEVER serious about things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:41 am 

I think the lappy will come back, but strong bad will be forced to only use simple, one phrase sentences due to the lack of a comma key. His ability to write HTML will also be severely crippled.

On a different note, we are nearing the email in which Strong bad will purportedly acquire an inkjet printer; I'm interested to see if the chaps will follow through on montage.

-Pork pies!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:07 am 

I think the most unexpected turn would be if it's Homsar. We don't see a lot of him... it'd be interesting if he was the one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:14 am 

I... think I'm going insane. I actually had a dream last night that a new toon came out that where Homestar was a detective or something and was trying to track down the real thief; the whole toon was drawn in a much darker, "grittier" style than normal, a la an old detective movie, and it was eventually revealed that Homeschool was the Lappynapper (for some reason, he wore glasses and talked with a REALLY high pitched, whiny, annoying voice). And I think it ended with HW going to jail never to be seen again (as always).

I am so unhealthily obsessed... :P

while I'm here, my theory? THE BAD GRAPHICS GHOST DID IT. think about it, it still probably has something against Strong Bad for throwing it (the tandy) out, and it'd make sense that it'd do something horrible to its replacement, something SB really cares about, in order to get back at him. and I doubt it's too happy with the fact that SB got really upset when the compy died instead of just punching it off the table like he did to the tandy. I'm probably way, WAAAAYYYY overthinking this though... but you gotta admit, it makes SOME sense! ;D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:19 am 

Saturn wrote:
I... think I'm going insane. I actually had a dream last night that a new toon came out that where Homestar was a detective or something and was trying to track down the real thief; the whole toon was drawn in a much darker, "grittier" style than normal, a la an old detective movie, and it was eventually revealed that Homeschool was the Lappynapper (for some reason, he wore glasses and talked with a REALLY high pitched, whiny, annoying voice). And I think it ended with HW going to jail never to be seen again (as always).

I am so unhealthily obsessed... :P

while I'm here, my theory? THE BAD GRAPHICS GHOST DID IT. think about it, it still probably has something against Strong Bad for throwing it (the tandy) out, and it'd make sense that it'd do something horrible to its replacement, something SB really cares about, in order to get back at him. and I doubt it's too happy with the fact that SB got really upset when the compy died instead of just punching it off the table like he did to the tandy. I'm probably way, WAAAAYYYY overthinking this though... but you gotta admit, it makes SOME sense! ;D

Well, since I'm so overly creative...

(Seriously, a random communist fights athousand year old spirit in the year 2080? What was I doing)

I have many ideas fluttering around in my head, but in short:

10 minute toon. Homestar and gang hunt for teh lappy, and it's THE CHEAT.

The Cheat has greatly damaged the Lappy, but SB checks an e-mail on it, and it's "How do you type with boxing gloves on?". He deletes it. The lappy flickers out, and the REAL Cheat walks in, and the fae cheat who did it is really the Thnikkamann!

Mouth full.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:20 am 

Saturn wrote:
I

If you read my submission (or fanfic as it were) for the Halloween Toon for '06... it was a murder mystery I made up. And IN that murder mystery, someone apparently "kills" the lappy. At the end of my little fictional idea I threw out there... guess who killed lappy? I said the bad graphics ghost did it.

Now. This whole situation seems incredibly similar to my idea. If the bad graphics ghost did it, I think TBC stole my idea!!! lol. Although, the murder mystery thing was a cool idea too. I liked the whole who-done-it clue finding thing. Would have been cool.

I actually think it'd be neat if the BGG did it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:30 am 

Power Crunch wrote:
Saturn wrote:
I

If you read my submission (or fanfic as it were) for the Halloween Toon for '06... it was a murder mystery I made up. And IN that murder mystery, someone apparently "kills" the lappy. At the end of my little fictional idea I threw out there... guess who killed lappy? I said the bad graphics ghost did it.

Now. This whole situation seems incredibly similar to my idea. If the bad graphics ghost did it, I think TBC stole my idea!!! lol. Although, the murder mystery thing was a cool idea too. I liked the whole who-done-it clue finding thing. Would have been cool.

I actually think it'd be neat if the BGG did it.

Yeah, I think I remember reading that, I'm pretty sure that's at least partly what gave me the idea of the BGG being the lappynapper. :) A murder mystery thing WOULD be an awesome idea for the next Halloween toon. Or at least whatever the next toon/email will be.

Is it SAD that I'm more hyped for tomorrow's toon/email than I am for the job interview I'm going to tomorrow? XD; (actually, not really. I'm kinda not really looking forward to that interview at all. D: Because it's in the middle of downtown and it's harder than crap to find a parking space there...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:34 am 

Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)

That's the way it works in Scooby-Doo though. It's always the character with so littler air time it's a wonder a vacuu-brain like Fred ever remembered them at all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:09 am 

Yeah, it was kind of a stupid idea.
I think the KOT is lying about not eating it, really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:00 pm 

Yes. That way, when it is a gag character, we'll all be surprised! Evil was Malcolm!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:36 pm 

I think the biggest question is not whether or not the lappy gets replaced... but if it does, WHAT could replace it?

My money is on that Strong Bad builds (or attempts to) build his own decked out pc and does a horrible job at it. lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:50 pm 

Exactly, there's nowhere to really go for a while.
There's no way the Lappy era is going to be shorter than the Compy Era.
I think the printer's getting replaced before Lappy gets replaced.
They might even bunch a new computer in with e-mail 200

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next