It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Decemberween Short Shorts
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:34 pm 

http://homestarrunner.com/dweenshorts.html
http://homestarrunner.com/dweenshorts.swf

http://www.hrwiki.org/index.php/Decembe ... ort_Shorts

I couldn't find any Easter eggs.

Last edited by BazookaJoe on Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:55 pm 

Thanks Joe!
ANd i don't see why it's a short. I mean if you combine all 4 parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:11 pm 

It's not technically classified as a Short, and it didn't say it was; it is a collection of shorts. It's a Holiday Toon, and can be considered a big toon with the running time of 6:05 that it has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:27 pm 

Those red velvet shorts made me laugh harder than anything in the actual toons... and that's really saying something.

I'd invite Coach Z to my house... provided that he shows up sober and showered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:32 pm 

The ornaments one was a little weak, but I like SB's love of tube socks, and I'm always in the mood for a catchy song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:59 pm 

Aww...poor Coach Z. I'd invite him over to my house...and give him a razor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:08 pm 

It wasn't too bad, but it didn't make me laugh once. Which is pretty intolerable. Not to mention the lack of easter eggs. So actually, I think it is bad.

4'd. (Outta 10)

Last edited by Gerkuman on Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:13 pm 

so-so. i like the tube socks and am unsure what to think about hr's song...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:22 pm 

Ohmygoodnessglaciers. This rocked my house.

LOVED the tube sock letter.

The Strong Sad ornament breaking made me sad, but it's not like I was surpised. XD

The Coach Z song...I absolutely ADORED. I was just about moved to tears from a bittersweet misture of sorrow and amusement. That poor guy goes through so much...I would definately invite him over for my Decemberween party if I could!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:31 pm 

The poor little Coach Z stuffed into the locker with Listerine was both adorable and depressing at the same time. Awww. Loved Homestar's silly little song and dance, too. Haha, so much potential for fun avatars/LJ icons in that scene XD

Strong Bad declaring his love for tube socks was quite cute as well. Don't tell anyone... but I actually LIKE getting socks for D'ween. >> Not normal socks, though. Big comfy warm toe socks for around the house. Those things are awesome, especially considering how cold it gets around here at Christmastime.

I loved the ridiculously elaborate bomb/gun/bear-trap gag for some reason. Old Timey Homestar cracks me up. I don't know why, he just does. :P

Anyone wanna take bets on how long it'll be before homemade Homestar gingerbread cookies show up in the weekly fanstuff? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:35 pm 

Quote:
The poor little Coach Z stuffed into the locker with Listerine was both adorable and depressing at the same time. Awww. Loved Homestar's silly little song and dance, too. Haha, so much potential for fun avatars/LJ icons in that scene XD

Strong Bad declaring his love for tube socks was quite cute as well. Don't tell anyone... but I actually LIKE getting socks for D'ween. >> Not normal socks, though. Big comfy warm toe socks for around the house. Those things are awesome, especially considering how cold it gets around here at Christmastime.

I loved the ridiculously elaborate bomb/gun/bear-trap gag for some reason. Old Timey Homestar cracks me up. I don't know why, he just does.

Everything there was exactly what i was thinking. If that opinion was wrong, I don't want to be right...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:35 pm 

I know I want to make some Homestar gingerbread cookies right now!

Not the lol-humor type toon; it's more subtle. For example, consider the irony of Homestar telling Coach Z to say words right ("say wouds wide"). Haha. You guys will learn to appreciate this toon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:39 pm 

Poor Coach Z :(

I like Strong Bad's socks, Strong Sad's socks and all those ornaments too. I love that Strong Sad was the expensive minimalist ornament and Strong Bad was the tacky spangly nonsense. And that Strong Mad was a big box. It's just like real life! :D

I still want to give Coach Z a cuddle, though. And a bath. And a present. Maybe I'd get him soaps or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:23 pm 

Wow, haven't logged on in a while.

Heh, I actually didn't get the gag with "wouds wide" until you mentioned it. Super awesome.

Liked the toon though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:12 pm 

Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
I definitely agree with The Bazooka. It's funny, but not in the roffle-to-the-ground kind of way, but in the subtle-snerk kind of way. Boy, Homestar appears to be some kind of invertabrate, doesn't he, the way his legs and body move! The Nobot doesn't lie--his legs really can jiggle like that!

I also loved the little ornament personifications of all the characters. I am so making Homestar-shaped cookies now! But that and Rumble Red got me thinking--is it just me, or did this 'toon seem to be jumping back to previous joke-things really fast? Usually it seems like they let a gag lay low for a month to maybe six weeks before resurrecting it. That way it's more of a surprise. Not saying I didn't like Rumble Red and the Coach Z afro-ment, but I'm just wondering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:14 pm 

My favorite part was Strong Sad's letter. :sad: The ornaments were pretty clever, too.

:ehsteve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:20 pm 

Best part hands down.

STRONG BAD ORNAMENT: Oh yeah? Well my four point five cents of plastic sequins and styrofoam are about to bedazzle you right offa this tree! {sparkles and shines while singing}

HOMESTAR RUNNER, COACH Z, AND KING OF TOWN ORNAMENTS: {in amazement} Whoa!

{The Strong Sad ornament shakes, falls, and shatters on the ground. The camera pans down to his broken remains next to a Decemberween present with an "M" on it at the base of the tree.}

STRONG MAD PRESENT: HAPPY DECEMBERWEEN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:52 pm 

Not bad. The best part was definetely Homestar's catchy song, accompanied by all his silly wiggling and such.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:22 pm 

I cracked up when I heard :hr: Hey Strongbad, I like your Rhinestone Cowboy costume!
All in all, pretty decent, no real stinkers, but not outstanding, either.

And they really coulda used the :ehsteve: ornament.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:24 pm 

Best line:

STRONG SAD: Dear argyle socks,

First "I can't feel my parts" and now this. Strong Sad has been doing the same thing as Strong Bad a lot lately.

The Strong Sad ornament breaking was kind of disturbing. I liked the Old-Timey cartoon. And Homestar's song... I had no idea what he meant by "Say woulds wide" until I read this thread. But I did watch it first thing in the morning.

Strong Bad wears socks now? When he was modelling tube socks in modeling, he wore them over his shoes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:34 pm 
This one was probably one of my favorite SBEmails. It was not the normal kind of email, which is funny right off the bat with every joke... It used a ton of irony and that type of humor, and I think that that made it really clever. The part with the ornaments wasn't exactly funny....But the animation dazzled me. It looked amazing! They should definatly start selling those in the store. :) The song was what was really awesome though... It really makes coach Z seem more misunderstood then creepy. But then the irony kicks in again, and homestar treats him as creepy... The old-timey part was hilarious (I loved the gun/weight/beartrap thing), but it always slows down my computer, because of the big gradiant... Overall, very nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:19 pm 

The Joe wrote:
This one was probably one of my favorite SBEmails. It was not the normal kind of email, which is funny right off the bat with every joke... It used a ton of irony and that type of humor, and I think that that made it really clever. The part with the ornaments wasn't exactly funny....But the animation dazzled me. It looked amazing! They should definatly start selling those in the store. :) The song was what was really awesome though... It really makes coach Z seem more misunderstood then creepy. But then the irony kicks in again, and homestar treats him as creepy... The old-timey part was hilarious (I loved the gun/weight/beartrap thing), but it always slows down my computer, because of the big gradiant... Overall, very nice.

That would be all fine and well... despite that.. well, it's not a Strong Bad Email.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:44 pm 

Pretty interesting. :hr: 's song was cute and so were the ornaments and :sb: writing a letter to the tube socks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:00 am 

I liked this one! My favorite parts were the ornaments.
8/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:48 am 

I loved them all, but here's my order:

Favorite: Ornaments
Second: 1936
Third: Letter
4th: Coach Z.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:49 am 

That was amusing. Decemberween flavored short shorts! I'm not sure what my favorite part was... I liked it all! Strong Bad's secret love of tube socks, the talking ornaments, the Old-Timey Decemberween cartoon (nothing says Decemberween like dead rats and giving boobytrapped presents to Communists!), Strong Sad's secret love of argyle socks, and Homestar's musical, inspirational message to the perpetually down-and-out Coach Z... it's all good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:02 am 

Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
Shwoo wrote:
First "I can't feel my parts" and now this. Strong Sad has been doing the same thing as Strong Bad a lot lately.

Well, it does confirm one thing: Strong Bad's really a nice guy deep down. He tries to be all tough, but deep down, he's just a softie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:36 pm 

Cybernetic Teenybopper wrote:
Well, it does confirm one thing: Strong Bad's really a nice guy deep down. He tries to be all tough, but deep down, he's just a softie.
I think we've seen that before, in the old films of Strong Sad and Strong Bad playing together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:40 pm 

Gerkuman wrote:
It wasn't too bad, but it didn't make me laugh once. Which is pretty intolerable. Not to mention the lack of easter eggs. So actually, I think it is bad.

4'd.

I agree. Usually when they put a toon up, they'll add an easter egg later. Anyone else bothered by the severed alien head?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:17 pm 

Beyond the Grave wrote:
STRONG BAD ORNAMENT: Oh yeah? Well my four point five cents of plastic sequins and styrofoam are about to bedazzle you right offa this tree! {sparkles and shines while singing}

Somebody should probably mention the Bedazzler in the "Real World References" for this one.