Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:51 pm 

This was a pretty good e-mail, just wish it hadn't taken so long to come out. The Bread Sing-a-longs were pretty funny, as were the other origins and Homsar being gluded to Marzipan. :mrgreen: The "On Point Kings" thing was kinda stupid, though. Other than that, pretty good. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:03 pm 

This e-mail got off to a great start with the throw-away origin flashbacks at the beginning, and I thought this would be a great e-mail. But then it kinda just settled into a rut, never doing more than lightly massaging my funny bone. So in the end, while certainly not alarmingly unfunny, was a bit of a disappointment, and easily the weakest e-mail of the Lappy era.

And a pre-emptive rebuttal: no, I'm not one of those people who thinks everything on the site in the last few months is doo-doo. I loved montage, virus, radio, and dreamail, and thought animal and part-time job were pretty good. This is the first time in a while I've been underwhelmed.

Post subject: Re: Disappointed
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:22 pm 

DJ Soul Camel wrote:
SpecialSauce wrote:
Each character should have their own section on the site that they get to develop. This would allow TBC to cycle through and always have fresh material on hand.

Well Strong Sad has the Sad Journal, for what it's worth. Although I don't think every character could carry their own section. What would you do for them all? They can't all answer email. That said, I agree Strong Bad is carrying too much - more cartoons with a more diverse range of lead characters would be a good thing

Homestar: The Show
Marzipan: Gardening with marzipan(the AMs arent actuall HER, you know?)
Strong Mad: DINOSAUR MOVIES!
H-h-h-h-homsar: Waddya Know Haddi-man?

and so on and so on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:09 pm 

Oh! I wadda' you know haddi-man would be such an awesome spin-off. For kids was IMO the best SB e-mail

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:47 pm 

ModestlyHotGirl wrote:
I thought it was awesome, and definitely worth the wait. I loved Homsar glued to Marzipan's head, and especially StrongBad's "in order to actually leave them for dead, and not just hang around them for dead", or whatever. The irony of meat being spraypainted on Marzipan - gold. Li'l StrongBad in a truck t-shirt? Great. Homestar's bread songs? So weird they're great. And I love when StrongBad clearly gets frustrated with the sender of the email, like when he refuses to answer their exact questions. Strong Sad's artificial belly-button was weird, though. Does this mean he's not a mammal?

Well, Strong Bad doesn't have one. Makes you thinks what was going on there. Kidding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:36 pm 

Is it just me or have all the emails since "Animal" been the Brothers Chaps trying to be as random and weird as possible? Sure weird things have happened in their cartoons since the beginning of the website, but now they just seem to be saying, "Let's just throw out the most whacked out, nonsensical thing we can think of."

With that said...I liked this one better than the last two, but I still wish they wouldn't try and fall back on weird and random when they can do so much more. I think "Virus" got them hooked on doing the most random things possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:11 pm 

It would be nice if every character had their own feature, but it would be hard for TBC to keep all of them going. However, I've always wanted Homestar to have his own segment. :hr:

Post subject: E-mail
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:07 am 

While better than dreamail and parttime job (in my opinion) I still think it falls short of a solid sbemail :/.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:56 am 

I didn't realize The Cheat was into S+M.

Whipping Homestar with a chain--a little bit kinky and somewhat creepy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:00 am 

Best in a little while, so it seems. Mabe because I wathced it with one of my buddies, but nonetheless funny second time around watching it. Probably makes my top 30/120
Favorite parts are as follows: Ew, Claire, Why? Then the implication as to how Strong Sad's bellybutton was "created". Then the shaky green text for bread singalongs. Whta just threw me on the floor was the Cheat doing the chain dance smacking Homestar over and over while he's singing almost unfazed. Marzipan sitting there being spray painted. And of course Marzipan and Homsar glued. Just hilarious and cute to see Homsar upside down like that, hat still on, big inward-pointed feet just dangling in the air like that, Marzipan standing comfortably (try having 100 lb. on the side of your head, good luck keeping your neck straight). Got a little weak toward the end but a good email nonetheless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:56 am 

Van Mundegaarde wrote:
Is it just me or have all the emails since "Animal" been the Brothers Chaps trying to be as random and weird as possible? Sure weird things have happened in their cartoons since the beginning of the website, but now they just seem to be saying, "Let's just throw out the most whacked out, nonsensical thing we can think of."

With that said...I liked this one better than the last two, but I still wish they wouldn't try and fall back on weird and random when they can do so much more. I think "Virus" got them hooked on doing the most random things possible.

I was actually gonna post something similar to that, but I was afraid of sounding too negative, haha. But yeah, I agree with you. It used to be the most random part of the site was Homsar, but now it seems like the e-mails are all pretty random (dreamail, especially). I mean, some of it is pretty funny, though... like Homestar's Bread Sing-a-longs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:36 am 

" I cut the crust off in the morning liight!! " LOL. Hmm, maybe an 8.5 outta 10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:53 am 

Bread singalongs own me.

Bread Singalongs: 10/10

Rest of e-mail: 7/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:57 pm 

Well, this wasn't as good as animal (IMO, the best Lappy email so far), but it was better than part-time job or dreamail. Here are the pros and cons.

Pros:
-The origin of Strong Sad's belly button
-The origin of Bubs' Concession Stand/Why the heck Senor and Mr. Bland aren't in toons anymore.
-The Cheat's chainwhipping
-Homsar being glued to Marzipan's head.

Cons:
-The ending is extremely unfunny.
-Homestar's Bread Sing-a-Longs were not that great.
-As well as being unfunny, the ending was confusing.

Some things I'd like to say:
-Strong Bad got off-topic (started with asking about the origins of the stick, ended with the Dunce cap being renamed Lotionman).It's almost like old comics (started with asking why the King of Town has the Poopsmith, ended with the King of Town's humor).
-Marzipan seems to have a short attention span, she didn't really notice that Homsar was glued to her head, so there's no first conversation between Marzipan and Homsar.
-No Homestar and Homsar conversation. There should be more of those (Homestar also has a short attention span).

That's all I've got to say. Ending notes, when will the Lappy emails be ROFL (rolling on floor laughing) funny?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:11 am 

The only thing I Thought was funny was the chain dance. nothing else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:13 am 

Is this the first time we've ever seen Strong Sad's back? As far as I'm concerned, it is...please tell me if I'm wrong

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:54 pm 

a lotionman easteregg would have made this e-mail even better.

oh well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:25 pm 

TBC is showing their true colors

8/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:08 am 

oxymoron1186 wrote:
I didn't realize The Cheat was into S+M.

Whipping Homestar with a chain--a little bit kinky and somewhat creepy.

Um... I think you took the email a bit wrongly...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:25 am 

:ehsteve: Eh, anyone else notice the similarity of the picture of "Beverly Sportsinterviews" to Joan Dingell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:12 pm 

dingell wrote:
:ehsteve: Eh, anyone else notice the similarity of the picture of "Beverly Sportsinterviews" to Joan Dingell?

It wasn't a pitcure of Beverly Sportsinterviews, it was a book written by her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:13 pm 

dingell wrote:

Who the heck is Joan Dingell??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:15 pm 
Lechable Robot Mod

ikipapa1 wrote:
Is this the first time we've ever seen Strong Sad's back? As far as I'm concerned, it is...please tell me if I'm wrong

Although I can't think of another instance, I kinda doubt we've never seen it before. You may be right, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:07 pm 

Quote:
Um... I think you took the email a bit wrongly...

Ha ha ha. Perhaps I did. I think perhaps it was because I had just watched an episode of CSI involving an S+M club called Lady Heather's House of Pain.

Ha ha. I'm really not that perverted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:27 am 

When I saw Senor and Mr. Bland I thought they were gonna combine to create Bubs. Also, did anyone notice that both Strong Bad and Strong Sad said "Heck, no at all!" in the same scene?

Overall good, I like the history part of it. 9.5/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:42 am 

I give this email Good Prize (*ding!*). This is by far wonna the best recent emails in... recent times. I need to schedule my own bread sing-along! It'll be the latest craze!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:12 am 

I don't think it is a great email. The "plague"/"plaque" thing (from Peasant's Quest) is also on The Simpsons, where Mr Burns tells Homer that he must have "the plague" an Mr Smithers corrects him with "the plaque". (Said that after reading the Fun Facts for the email).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:10 am 

Clever Danielle wrote:
I give this email Good Prize (*ding!*). This is by far wonna the best recent emails in... recent times. I need to schedule my own bread sing-along! It'll be the latest craze!

Bread Sing-Alongs?
I'm gonna do Chain-Whip dancing in The Town Square!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:06 am 

Parts I liked:
-Lil' Strong Bad
-Origin of Bubs Concession Stand
-The Cheat whipping Homestar in the face with the chain
-Strong Bad, Strong Mad & The Cheat spraying Marzipan
-Marzipan glued to Homsar
-Homsar's "I'm a human wedgie!" line
-"Heck no at all" lines from Strong Sad & Strong Bad
- Homestar's Bread Sing-alongs
I say that this is a great email, but not as great as 'radio'. Now they should explain how they killed off Homeschool Winner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:09 pm 

Did anyone else catch that one of the songs was the bread-parody of Scarrborough Fair?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next