All times are UTC

Post subject: SBEmail #167 - The Movies
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:36 am 

z0mg link

Wiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:53 am 

did this just come up or somthing?

anyway great email. best in a whille. i actually laughed a little bit out loud which i dont ever do. the homestar part was great.

A-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:56 am 

the nokia song before shooting the bazooka was great :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:18 am 

Oh man I loved that E-Mail! Especially the easter egg about ten dollar popcorn. Also, :hr: was just hilarious! 8/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:31 am 

One of my favourites, even if I have only watched it once so far. Favourite lines:

"That guy was in Dangeresque 1 and 2!"

and

(Sings Nokia ringtone, ending in "die")

and

"And when I turned around, the DNA evidence was gone!"

and

"Told ya I could do it."

So hard to choose. Also, the description on the new toons page was funny. Here's what's wrong with everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:48 am 
Pizza Pizza

You know, until now, I've never considered a bazooka to be all that necessary for going to the theater. Sure, you get the frozen slushy drink thing, and maybe a giant thing of M&Ms, but I'd never thought about a bazooka.
Man, I think I'm gonna have to go find me one o' thems.

This kinda reminded me of the most recent Red Vs. Blue PSA. Granted, they weren't too much alike, the just covered the same topic.

I loved the Dangeresque 3 movie poster. If they're gonna keep doing jokes like that, it'd be fine if they never made that toon. :-)

Also, I've been through Franklin, TN more than once on the way to Huntsville. What is is with TN getting love? First Murphreesboro, now Franklin... It's a conspiracy, I tells ya! A CONSPIRACY!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:22 am 

Oh lmao, this one was pretty awesome. I loved the dangeresque poster and how he was "kind of a hypocrite" at the end. Great one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:06 am 

funny.
that's why i don't go to the cinemas. we always go to the drive-in type theater. it sounds a lot better with subwoofer installed. plus the price. too expensive these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:44 am 

best sbemail in a long time....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:41 am 

StrongRad wrote:
This kinda reminded me of the most recent Red Vs. Blue PSA. Granted, they weren't too much alike, the just covered the same topic.

I thought so too (though, technically, it's not the most recent, there was a new one last week...)

Still just as funny though.

I loved the three-eyed Dangeresque shades, Homestar's spiel, "$10, $10, or $13", Strong Bad not making fun of the sender's name... and the rest of it too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:07 pm 
I loved homestar as the "little girl" wearing a viking helmet in the back seat. This was a first-class Email!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:01 pm 

Oh, wow. That was absolutely hilarious! The Cheat challenging SB to say the email right, Homestar making small talk, and yeah. Everything! Top dollar email!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:06 pm 

Oh and the fajitas, can't forget the fajitas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:06 pm 

That was a pretty good e-mail. I find it short for some reason, although it was average sbemail length. I liked the part with :kot: for some reason. "It was all in my milk duds!" And a third DNA evidence!

Altogether..... 3.

2 - Not one of my favorites, recommend it
3 - Really good
4 - Oh my god amazing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:18 pm 

:sad: : And he has a bacon number of 4!

Best line EVER! I play that game all of the time with my friend (connecting different actors; not always an actor and Kevin Bacon. I still can't believe I couldn't match F. Murray Abraham and Will Smith in less than four

This is probably one of the better "Homestar's just gonna make a fool of himself." emails as well.

And of course, I love the send-up of the INSIDIOUS Nokia ringtone at the end.

"Now THAT was a SPORTS car!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:35 pm 

Ah, I was wondering if (or perhaps when) Strong Bad would get to the topic of obnoxious behavior at the movies.

Or not. That was still entertaining, though. He certainly covers the basics: people who leave their cell phones (and bazookas) on, especially when they've got an absolutely OBNOXIOUS ringtone; people who eat noisily; people who go overboard sneaking in their own snacks; and people who talk during the movie (with Strong Sad as the cinema-trivia know-it-all and Homestar as the "talks to the screen" type).

The only one SB left out was "people who bring little kids to movies rated PG-13 or higher", and that was probably because there don't seem to be any children in Free Country USA (unless you count the Sad Kids).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:39 pm 

Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
I don't know what it was, but I just didn't seem to like this one as much as the others recently. Maybe it was because I saw it on the Wiki first, which spoiled the premise for me. And I hate that. I dunno. Although a few lines did make me crack a smile, I didn't giggle at much of anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:48 pm 

You know, Cooper's email appears to be the first well-typed email answered since Jake's in Cliffhangers (if you only count the ones solely answered on the Lappy). It's quite amazing how Matt Chapman maintains generic voices all by himself, I mean try comparing them together and see if you find any slight similarities and/or differences.
I also believe The Bros. Chaps are the only people in the whole world who know how to make the explosions on Flash realistic.
Other than that, I think we got 6 more till The Paper might get replaced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:04 pm 

wow. I just... well... lemme put it like this.

The emails in the beginning were just stupid. no denying that. Homsar, some kinda robot, the brothers just hadnt clicked yet. Then they got great, somewhere around email 82. No, great is an insult. Probaly the most funny and creative things ive ever seen. They brightened my mondays and gave me a chuckle for the rest of the week. They were classics. the 80s to the mid 100s. But then, that fatal moment. Isp was done, and there was not to be an eamil for several fortnights. It was that horrible... summer of '06. no emails. for so long. every monday i could barely bring myself to look, and my hope would turn false. but then, on the horizen, i saw it.. it.. was... the welcome back banner! But as i watch the toon, i think, wait, this isnt funny. well maybe their email next week will be halairious to make up for it. But no! flop after flop after flop! Redesign, keep cool, *shudder* Trading cards! But suddenly retirement comes out. I finaly think the chaps have clicked again! But once again my hopes were crushed and my fears brought into reality. with coloring, the chair and looking old i was afraid i lost Strong Bad forever. Unnatural was just disgraceful. But this morning... i didnt even check monday, i was afraid to. I click on strong bad email and see that come-to-have-dread "new" sign. i sigh and click on the movies. I watch it and let a giggle escape. I watch it once again and find myself cracking up on the floor. The Brother Chaps be praised, the have finally come back. Strong Bad is once more, Homstar is just as stupid, pom pom is just as cool, strong sad is even more so annoying and senor cardgage continues to be my favorite character. Praise Allah, God, Yahweh, Budduh, and Homsar! Amen .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:05 pm 

This was an awesome e-mail. The beginning with The Cheat made me pause it from laughing too much. The Dangeresque poster was great too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:32 pm 

very, very good. Classic Sbemail. good inside jokes, good outside jokes. i like the dna evidence thing a lot. All around, a good, good email.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:30 pm 

I'm feeling a bit depressed that I didn't get to really crack up this email. I did enjoy it, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:01 pm 

I totally want "da-da-da-da-DIE!" as my ringtone now. :D I have a Nokia phone so I'm all too familiar with that annoying tune by now.

Anyway, YES, this is a subject I've been wanting Strong Bad to take on for quite a while now (I might've even emailed him once about it, but I don't remember).

I laughed out loud at "see, I told you I could do it!" and the whole Strong Sad scene the first time I watched this; I didn't catch what the Dangeresque poster said the first time I watched this (I was on my Wii browser at the time;my tv screen is really tiny and it was too hard to read the words) but I did notice it the second time and cracked up at that too. XD;

I guess DNA evidence is officially a running gag now... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:57 pm 

Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
Although it's a bit strange to me, because it doesn't seem like TBC typically pick up/create "Running Gags" so quickly. But I guess they did start doing it around the time Rumble Read first showed up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:34 pm 

I think the Emails just keep getting better and better! I really laughed hard at the third DNA reference, and Homestar being the annoying little girl cracked me up, too!
9/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:41 pm 

"Turn off your bazookas before the progrum."

5 stars outta 4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:47 pm 

I liked the email, but I feel so much more could have been done with it.

StrongRad wrote:
What is is with TN getting love?

Because TN rules (I live about 30 minutes away from Franklin... I'ma have to find this guy.)

Post subject: Homestar
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:48 pm 

I think my favourite part in this one has to be Homestar's little dance... "ever and more, ever and more, ever and more!"

Priceless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:45 pm 

I'm gonna have to say this was my favorite email of the year. The Nokia ringtone bazooka part will go down as one of the greatest H*R moments ever. (In my book) This defenitly gets Four Grining Cheats outta four.

:cheatgrin: :cheatgrin: :cheatgrin: :cheatgrin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:48 pm 

Pretty funny email. I cracked up a few times.
I liked the joke made with the Dangeresque 3 poster.
I loved the Nokia ringtone bazooka part. :mrgreen:
:hr: was so funny in this email when he was making small talk.