Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:46 am 

I thought it was good, but not the best. I liked the concept, but I realy doubt that TBC are gonna' do anything else with it. I also like that the video was of higher quality than previous ones, and it'd be nice to see more stuff like this, but not too much.

Overall: 7/10
:trogdor: :trogdor: :trogdor:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:22 am 

That. Was. Weird. I sure hope they don't make a real movie out of this, it was too weird.

Post subject: Rather Dashing and the Quest for the Trogdor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:27 am 

Hey, I don't know about you guys, but I think that the trailer seemed Monty Python-ish. I guess with the rolling hills and all the muck (especially at the Jhonka's place), the movie seemed right out of The Holy Grail or some other Python skit. I've watched MPatHG more times than I can count, and the trailer ran along with the whole outdoor cloudiness theme.

I doubt this is a hoax, cos if it was TBC would find countless people at their doors with a wide range of sharp objects, fiery objects, and sharp, fiery objects. TBC certainly aren't dumb enough to not realize that all of the viewers would ready their nooses should TBC take advantage of them and their addiction to H*R.

:trogdor: The Burninator :trogdor:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:33 am 

I'm not all the way through watching it yet, with the crappy dial up connection that I have, the mirrors only load 5 seconds at a time, then freeze, so I have to go back into it, watch a new 5 second slot, freeze and try again.

Anyways, what I have seen so far is pretty spiffy! The 'Where's my cottage?' line and Matt's facial expression cracks me up every time.

I highly doubt there will be a movie. Too big a file and I don't think they could draw it out more than 45 mins or so to put it on sale as a DVD, unless they added a poop-smith's load full of delorted scenes, commentaries, cartoon-type stuff and a blooper reel.

If it had all those added extras, I would definately buy it though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:10 am 

Location: Somewhere...I'm not quite sure, come to think of it.
Sorry to break with the popular opinion here, but I think this could really take shape. Definitely not in theaters, and probably not online, given how long the trailer took to load. But a DVD is a good possibility, if you ask me.

And yes, right in the style of Monty Python. TBC knows their audience!

8/10
Too long a loading time, but the movie was incredible.

http://sataneatscheezwhiz.blogspot.com
My Blog ^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:22 am 

Well, I got on my Lappy at halftime and it took 30 whole minutes for it to load. When it was over, I was really dissapointed, because I was really hoping for a football-themed toon, and I was annoyed that it took that long to load. But after a while, I reflected on it and I realized that it was pretty good. I liked how the Chaps used their talents in other fields other than animation.

All in all, I still really would have prefered a football toon, but this was really good, too.

8/10. Although, if it took 30 minutes for this to load, It would probably take a movie a few days to load.

Post subject: Re: Rather Dashing and the Quest for the Trogdor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:23 am 

HomestarGunner wrote:
and the trailer ran along with the whole outdoor cloudiness theme.

"Outdoor cloudiness theme"? Holy Grail was filmed in Scotland -- that's not a theme, it's really what the weather is like in Britain. While I agree that there are some Holy Grail-ish themes in this trailer, I rather doubt that TBC went out of their way to film on a cloudy day (with cheap video equipment, no less) so they could have that Pythonesque "outdoor cloudiness theme".

Quote:
I doubt this is a hoax ... all of the viewers would ready their nooses should TBC take advantage of them and their addiction to H*R.

Who said this was a hoax? It's a trailer, not a hoax. That said, just because they made a trailer doesn't mean they'll make a full movie. Or even half a movie. They've made no promises. It doesn't say anywhere "Coming This Summer!" or even "Coming Sometime!". And when was the last time you saw H*R fans get up in arms over anything? And for that matter, who are TBC taking "advantage" of? I just got 3 minutes of awexome, free entertainment. So did you. What do you have to complain about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:36 am 

Woah... it finally loaded on my computer, and it only took about a minute (under "trogdor", no less). I thought this was extremely hilarious, and I would LOVE for it to become a DVD. Personally, I do believe it's going to take form, because of all the extra stuff they added. If they were never going to do anything with it again, they would have stuck to the plot of the game- which would make a short and rather boring movie. But they added the King and that other stuff, instead. It would rule if it became a movie. 'Nuff said.

Oh, by the way, the halftime show message is still on the "What's New" button, even though I can access the movie from the Shorts section. What's up?

I see you haven't played Twilight Princess. Why is that?

I got to the water dungeon thing and got bored.

WOW. You just lost the very little respect I had left for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:57 am 

Quote:
"Outdoor cloudiness theme"? Holy Grail was filmed in Scotland -- that's not a theme, it's really what the weather is like in Britain.

I know the UK is like that, but all of the movie Holy Grail movie is like that, and same with the trailer. So having the trailer with a similar look just reminded me of Python stuff (that and that odd humour and purposely bad special effects incorporated into the trailer).

Quote:
Who said this was a hoax? It's a trailer, not a hoax.

What I meant by hoax and people getting upset is the fact that I doubt TBC would make such a trailer, kind of leading people on, and then not pursuing the obvious excitement and anticipation from the viewers. And about the viewers getting upset. I just meant that I, and I'm sure others along with me, would be pretty ticked if they showed this trailer (with real film clips and all) and then not do anything regarding the movie after. Obviously none of use would actually get so upset about it that we'd hate TBC! All I'm saying is that not everyone would accept the leading-on and such as a fun thing or w/e. Sure, I enjoyed the movie, it was great! However, not pursuing it would upset quite a few people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:58 am 

Two words: TOTALLY HOME-MADE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:09 am 

HomestarGunner wrote:
What I meant by hoax and people getting upset is the fact that I doubt TBC would make such a trailer, kind of leading people on, and then not pursuing the obvious excitement and anticipation from the viewers.

I don't feel led on, personally. I don't see any indication that they filmed much more than they showed in the trailer, so (unlike apparently a lot of people) I'm not assuming that there's more to this, or that they're intending to deliver an entire movie. So if they don't, what's there to complain about?

Post subject: Possibility
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:46 am 

I doubt they'll release it online. But if they do, they'll probably chop it up into two or three minute scenes so that the servers aren't overwhelmed.

Post subject: Re: Possibility
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:53 am 

FatPamPam wrote:
I doubt they'll release it online. But if they do, they'll probably chop it up into two or three minute scenes so that the servers aren't overwhelmed.

Now there's an interesting idea. A serial. That would be great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:06 am 

That was pretty great! I don't know what part I liked most. Rather Dashing running out of the cabin (no pun intended) with a cauldron-head and smacking agianst the wall was pretty good. And Rather Dashing wearing, like, a shirt from the mall. In fact, both Rather Dashing and the King were wearing really normal shirts. (Is that a unicorn on the king's shirt?). And Dashing, after a dramatic sillouette and sword-bearing, making his way off the screen in a stumbling, trudging sort of manner. And the clouds covering the landscape all drama-ish.

(thought they ought to have done the "putting the hooded cape on" in a slow-mo effect... like, 48 or 60 frames per second, instead of the normal 24.... Maybe their camera couldn't do that.)

"Just can't get the feathered hat... straight... on the head... Oh well."

On other news, Trogdor is getting scarier/crazier each time we see him. I distinctly heard a guttural snarl of some predatory animal, as Trogdor's scene faded to black. His mouth is gettin' scary too.

So, movie debate: I think the Brothers Chaps could release a big ol' movie on the internet -- if they use bittorent. Something like bittorent's not quite in their style, but a huge file could be downloaded in a snap. 300 megabytes in 9 seconds, really, with all the seeders and sharers they'd get.

Personally, though, I don't really expect a movie. This is pretty funny on it's own.

...That's what I thought about "peasant's quest preview".

Hm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:54 am 

no wonder a message came up saying:

"Could not get information of Homestarrunner.com" or somthing like that.

I though Mozilla Firefox was having problems. I downloaded it, got it, its fine! i dont need to go onto homestarrunner.com...but i sure an missing it :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:58 am 

AkaiHato wrote:
Something like bittorent's not quite in their style, but a huge file could be downloaded in a snap. 300 megabytes in 9 seconds, really, with all the seeders and sharers they'd get.

Um.. you might want to check the math on that one, AkaiHato. Maybe if you had a 400Mbit/sec. connection... but, I hate to break it to you, you don't. No amount of seeders will eliminate the bottleneck that is your modem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:31 am 

AkaiHato wrote:
That was pretty great! I don't know what part I liked most. Rather Dashing running out of the cabin (no pun intended) with a cauldron-head and smacking agianst the wall was pretty good. And Rather Dashing wearing, like, a shirt from the mall..

In the game, he comes back from Scalding Lake, and he comes back with that T-Shirt. I would buy one of those T-Shirts if they had them in the store, possibly.

The trailer looked good. If they made it into a 'movie', it'd definitely be on DVD, although since they'd have to load it with other stuff. The movie'd probably only go for, I'm guessing, half an hour, at best? My opinion.

I'm wondering how they'd go about ending it. Would they end it the same as the game or not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:17 am 

King of Peasantry: And the Trogdor... comes... in the night!
Rather Dashing: Not tonight he doesn't! ...comes... in the night... Trogdor...

-Censor'd-'' A., I tell ya! Could this be the beginning of a new era of live-action H*R from TBC? We have been seeing alot more of it lately (Puppet Time, HR vs Little Girl etc). Anyway, I need this movie to come out. Um, I really, _really_ need this movie to come out. Like, I fear for my personal safety if it doesn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:41 am 

That was the funniest thing I have seen from TBC in a while. I'll admit the past few emails have been funny, but they didn't have me in stitches like this one!! "I can't have you marching up there in your short pants, upsetting the balance!!" "I'll upset YOUR balance my lord!!" I really hope they make a DVD out of this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:34 am 

This trailer reminds me of one of those fake movie trailers you see on MAD TV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:00 pm 

I have been hoping for more live action since the DVD. I thought the "Sample of Style" (I think it's called) was hollerarious.

The skinny Chapman brother's facial expressions are worth 3oo dollars each. I think this will be made, but will be in the 20 to 30 minutes category.

The Bros. would be missing out if they didn't make it.

I was particularly impressed with the special effects...very good for two guys and three Macs. A serious step up from even 6 months ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:31 pm 

I really liked this preview. This was like the live action Peasant Quest. TBC are always suprising their fans with something new and different. However, I don't want the movie to come out for three reasons:
1. Lack of Updates: While TBC are making this movie, there would be fewer updates. When they do update, it wouldn't be as good as usual due to the movie. TBC can only do so much, and if they make the movie, HSR will temporarly go down in quality and quantity.
2. Format issues: If the movie were on the site, it would be hard to download. It took me awhile to be able to view this preview. Imagine a movie that's 10 times larger. It would kill my computer.
3. Length: If it were to come to DVD or Theatres, I don't think it would be a full length movie. I couldn't imagine TBC making a 2 hour movie. Short cartoons are TBC specialty. Even if they made it two hours, it would probably get boring after awhile. After all, too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is a really dumb thing. :sb:

That's a real popular song! Who wants to hear of it 4888 times more?

The opposite of progress is Congress!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:44 pm 

Why do people think that this might actually become a movie? Anyone even considering this becoming a movie don't know how TBC work. This trailor was funny because of all the inside jokes, etc. A movie of it wouldn't do so well.

Post subject: oh yeah!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:37 pm 

in was beginning to think TBC was losing their touch. no but seriously this was mad funny. i loved iwas really laughing out loud so funny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:38 pm 

This is what most people (me included) thought about "Peasant's Quest Preview", freakyblue. Personally, I believe that this would make an awesome, but-not-full-length, movie. Maybe 45 minutes at the most. TBC are probably considering making this a DVD from the thousands of emails they're probably getting about it, if nothing else. I think it could make a fair DVD if they crammed it with special features, like-

-Sbemail: "dragon"
-"Arcade Game"
-"Peasant's Quest (Game) Preview"
- The Theatrical Trailer!!!
- Audio Commentary by Matt and Mike
- A "Making Of" Documentary

You know, things like that. Personally, I think it would be a great thing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:54 pm 

A "making of" documentary on their next DVD of just this movie preview would be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:04 pm 

porplemontage wrote:
A "making of" documentary on their next DVD of just this movie preview would be great.

I totally agree. Bring on the making-of!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:17 pm 

Melonade wrote:
Two words: TOTALLY HOME-MADE.

Not to be rude but thats a little obvious.

Post subject: My money says it's a trailer only
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:27 pm 
Admin Styles

Part of the magic of a good movie trailer is to give you glimpses into a story and whet your appetite for the finished product. TBC wildly succeeded in this.

But do you realize just how hard it is to make a full-length movie? Professional companies spend months and months of full-time effort producing them. If TBC were to undertake such a project, I suspect they wouldn't be able to make any other updates to the site for a while.

With that in mind, my guess is that this movie trailer is a standalone work. I mean, it's already so freakin' awesome, what could be gained by fleshing it out? A trailer gives the illusion of something bigger and allows us to mentally fill in the blanks. We've already played the game, so we know how it would go.

Actually, maybe fleshing it out would be awesome, too. But I just don't see them spending the time on it. Although, who knows? We'll just have to wait and see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:40 am 

This was definity worth the trogdor wait. :P I'd give it a 9 outta 10. Huzza. I am hesited on if they will amke a movie. I'm Rather Clueless... Cruddy puns. I swear, the part with the 3 Trogdor keepers looks soooo much like Monty Python. My favorite part with when Trogdor is pliging with country side, with the 2 pesants running around screaming.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next