Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: State of the Union
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:18 am 

Wow... is it just me, or is there an echo in the Bush administration? This is the same crap that I've heard for 4 years, just with a little more relevance to current events.. Well, the rebuttal is going on now, so I'll edit this later to address that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:26 am 

I'ma read the cliff notes tomorrow. There was supposed to be a new episode of Alias tonight. Instead I get this marionette with a Texas drawl on every freaking channel.

First the dignity of this great nation, and now Alias. Will this man never stop until he has destroyed all that is sacred in this country?!?!!!11oneoneone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:30 am 
Pizza Pizza

InterruptorJones wrote:
I'ma read the cliff notes tomorrow. There was supposed to be a new episode of Alias tonight. Instead I get this marionette with a Texas drawl on every freaking channel.

First the dignity of this great nation, and now Alias. Will this man never stop until he has destroyed all that is sacred in this country?!?!!!11oneoneone

Jeff Foxworthy comes to mind: "You know how many channels we had? 3! And if the president was on, your night was shot. THE PRESIDENT'S ON! HE'S ON EVERY CHANNEL! WE'RE GONNA MISS FLIPPER!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:47 am 

StrongRad wrote:
Jeff Foxworthy comes to mind: "You know how many channels we had? 3! And if the president was on, your night was shot. THE PRESIDENT'S ON! HE'S ON EVERY CHANNEL! WE'RE GONNA MISS FLIPPER!"

Jennifer Garner > Flipper > George W. Bush

:mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:58 am 

I missed the speech. I went to visit one of my residents in the hospital (I felt like that was just a bit more important).

Anyway, I did hear what he said about Iran. It seems to me that he's still looking to make Iran the next on "The Evil Axis" list, despite the fact that Iran is complying with the UN's request to get rid of weapons grade uranium. What's he going to invade them for, wearing funny hats? Not laughing at his jokes? Not sending him a dollar?

I did not like the Democratic responses, though. Neither one of them actually quoted anything he said. Those weren't responses, but campaign speeches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:17 pm 

Location: HELLO MISTAR INTERNETS CAN YOU HELP ME DO I TYPE MY LOCATION HERE
Didymus wrote:
What's he going to invade them for, wearing funny hats? Not laughing at his jokes? Not sending him a dollar?

As a matter of fact, he just might.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:27 am 

Now, more than ever, I feel I cannot trust this man, George W. Bush. Just like with Clinton before him, I try to give the benefit of the doubt, but more and more I see him as a threat to peace around the world. Iran was once a terrible place, but since the death of Ayatola Khomeni, it's been improving slowly. And now there's this whole thing about weapons grade uranium. But Iran has already said they will comply with the UN's demand to quit producing it, and W is already planning to go to war with them.

You see, I'm pro-life. But pro-life also means that I disapprove of risking the lives of the men and women of our armed forces, nor the senseless massacre of people in other countries, just because our president doesn't agree with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:51 am 

Location: Somewhere...I'm not quite sure, come to think of it.
Didymus wrote:
I did not like the Democratic responses, though. Neither one of them actually quoted anything he said. Those weren't responses, but campaign speeches.

Agreed. Those just made the Democratic party look worse.

Personally, I'm strongly opposed to the invasion of Iraq in the first place. I remember watching Bush announce to the nation that we were going to war on that day in March 2003 and thinking something was amiss. If the Dems are going to mudsling (Groundhog Day movie reference by Reid) and point out past errors, why mess with all the stuff they did.

And personally, I think this was Bush's best speech yet. Granted, it was a bit repetitive, but it was well-written and (for the most part) well-delivered.

http://sataneatscheezwhiz.blogspot.com
My Blog ^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:48 am 

Didymus wrote:

I hated the democratic responses too. Niether of them were good at making speeches. They both sounded like bad actors. So much so that you could tell that they didn't mean anything they said.

I think that this time Bush did okay, but I still don't believe one word that man says. Ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:36 pm 

I can't listen to right wingers for more than five seconds before my IQ drops 50 points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:42 pm 

StrongZysk wrote:
I can't listen to right wingers for more than five seconds before my IQ drops 50 points.

That's charming, but did you have anything to add to the conversation?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]